Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Unguided posted:

Kirk never fought any xtern1ty aliens so I'd say they're right.

Xean also completely ignored Bluegeek's warning that he would start banning people who derailed the thread. I already reported him, but the more the merrier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northerneye
Oct 28, 2013
I did also find this in my honor http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1325341

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

[Zone] Tso'Bak Son of QUAR KARGH@professionalhelp: I gave up Cymbalta last month

i don't know what that is but he probably shouldn't have stopped taking it!

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
According to all the poo poo he's saying, if it's true, dude is all kinds of hosed up, in all kinds of pain. We're I in that place, I'd say gently caress it and keep on the pain pills too.

That said, no excuse for being a twat.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Acer Pilot posted:

[Zone] Tso'Bak Son of QUAR KARGH@professionalhelp: I gave up Cymbalta last month

i don't know what that is but he probably shouldn't have stopped taking it!

He's a unique sort of guy. Every time one of his characters goes near my KDF, he lets me know how much of a freak I am through tells because of my tiny hands or other alien creations. Nothing worth posting, since it's always some sort of variant of "Freak" or "You're a freak". And never in any frequency to get him reported for spamming me, which is a little bit of a shame.

I don't really doubt his claims about being on drugs, since he can rattle off names better than a pharmacist, but pain meds don't excuse or really explain his behavior.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

bubbles depo posted:

He's a unique sort of guy. Every time one of his characters goes near my KDF, he lets me know how much of a freak I am through tells because of my tiny hands or other alien creations. Nothing worth posting, since it's always some sort of variant of "Freak" or "You're a freak". And never in any frequency to get him reported for spamming me, which is a little bit of a shame.

I don't really doubt his claims about being on drugs, since he can rattle off names better than a pharmacist, but pain meds don't excuse or really explain his behavior.

Cymbalta is a ssri for depression

HouseMD
Nov 29, 2014
I'm on cymbalta and pain meds and I'm still not a twat... jussayin.. most of the time anyway

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

HouseMD posted:

I'm on cymbalta and pain meds and I'm still not a twat... jussayin.. most of the time anyway

But you're also married with children, so you need those things.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

No idea who this is but man this is an awesome toon design:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

g0del posted:

So, Xean just admitted to telling someone to kill himself, but claims that it was in response to that person flaming him for weeks. He also posted 4 chat screenshots to "prove" things, but none of them show anyone telling Xean to die. Two screenshots are people talking about the pic of Xean telling people to die, one is about someone saying that Xean is "literally worse than hitler" but he managed to miss the actual comment and just screenshotted people talking about it :ughh:

None of the screenshots show any ongoing, serious harassment of Xean. I'm sure that the lack of evidence is just proof of the size of the conspiracy against him.

Xean never apologized for telling me to,kill myself, either.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Northerneye posted:

Looks like they finally noticed and it was CRM that did it then deleted it off my mail few minutes later. Cryptic

I got my nastygram during the 2012 winter event, back when it involved murder.

Cross faction raid is the best thing in the history of sto, it's. Ashame these filth have no sense of humor.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

So, I popped into the Bulwark earlier on a lark and was messing around with queues to level the mastery up. Except every queue I went into was a literally unplayable lag fest. It wasn't just me; everyone in team chat was talking about the instance being unplayable, rubber banding and slow and clearly something server side. So I look around, see no complaints about it on the forum, I try on my alts and everything's fine.

Eventually, after a bit of experimentation, I realize that as of last patch, launching elite swarmers from the Bulwark effectively crashes an entire instance. It's completely reproduceable too, everything's fine until the hangar pets pop out. How does this even happen. :psypop:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Asimo posted:

So, I popped into the Bulwark earlier on a lark and was messing around with queues to level the mastery up. Except every queue I went into was a literally unplayable lag fest. It wasn't just me; everyone in team chat was talking about the instance being unplayable, rubber banding and slow and clearly something server side. So I look around, see no complaints about it on the forum, I try on my alts and everything's fine.

Eventually, after a bit of experimentation, I realize that as of last patch, launching elite swarmers from the Bulwark effectively crashes an entire instance. It's completely reproduceable too, everything's fine until the hangar pets pop out. How does this even happen. :psypop:

So what happens if two or more bulwarks exist at the same time?

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21244731&postcount=1

quote:

I want this ship bad, I really want it bad. I dropped 300$ to get it, thats 48,000 zen all spent on boxes, 187 of them, there has to be a bug for me to not have gotten it. what gives

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

Knowing cryptic, your account is probably deleted. I'm not even sure if it's every bulwark or just upgraded bulwarks or just mine, it's not like they're a common sight in the wild.
Even the thread is mocking him.

quote:

48'000 Zen? That's 48 x 4 = 192 Promotion R&D packs. One of those goes for 9mio EC on the exchange. You could have made 1.728 billion EC. Enough to buy almost 4 Elachi Sheshar Dreadnoughts.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Tunicate posted:

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Total protonic reversal.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

quote:

I want this ship bad, I really want it bad. I dropped 300$ to get it, thats 48,000 zen all spent on boxes, 187 of them, there has to be a bug for me to not have gotten it. what gives

A fool and his money are soon parted.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'll take "what is gambling?" for $300 Alex.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Thankyou Everdraed for this wonderful Christmas gift!

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

A massive improvement over the original, well done.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Beautiful. :allears:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Now that I've had time to play, I'm Rafza@rafzaka (Klingon) looking for an invite. I have very little idea of what I'm doing except blowing up things (often my own ship).

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Amazing.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Rafzakael posted:

Now that I've had time to play, I'm Rafza@rafzaka (Klingon) looking for an invite. I have very little idea of what I'm doing except blowing up things (often my own ship).

You're invited to TheNextGooneration, feel free to ask any questions in there, no matter how dumb you think they are.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
The winter video is up! Thanks everyone who helped get this made.

Link: http://youtu.be/rBAA_ryzOmE

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Edit: Sorry, it was this guy named Sharth.

BombermanX fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Dec 15, 2014

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

Beautiful.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

i am making a thing

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Acer Pilot posted:

i am making a thing

neelix was the bomb the entire time

also remember this? Found it when digging through my old pictures.

January 18th, 2013. Good times.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Acer Pilot posted:

i am making a thing

[Frag Neelix]

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

what will happen next!?

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Dec 15, 2014

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

DonDoodles posted:

You had to wait until I was asleep to do this. :(

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
The new snowball complaint thread is producing some gold.

quote:

In the end, it's become clear over the years that Cryptic has some passive aggressive issues with their playerbase and live vicariously through the actions of one set of players against another to act out those tendencies...with some of the abuse that the Cryptic/PWE folks take on the forums, it's probably part of some wellness initiative to prevent incidents in the office.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DonDoodles posted:

Those winter jackets would be good for a Sgt Pepper music video.

http://everdraed.net/SA/drome/drome2.html?v=37Gj5vy9fA0

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 15, 2014

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Unguided posted:

Those winter jackets would be good for a Sgt Pepper music video.

http://everdraed.net/SA/drome/drome2.html?v=37Gj5vy9fA0

Oh man I just saw this...loving amazing

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
For those of us not lucky enough to ever see projects in fleet need marks, where do you dump yours? Do you all have your own alt fleets? It's really frustrating to have currency that I can't even use.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

revenance posted:

For those of us not lucky enough to ever see projects in fleet need marks, where do you dump yours? Do you all have your own alt fleets? It's really frustrating to have currency that I can't even use.

I idle in ESD until I get random fleet invites.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

please check out "Tuvok Program 3" in the foundry. you need to be fed and it's in esd.

basically, press j, go to "foundry" and search for "tuvok program 3"

if it's not in foundry content it got banned

e: this is the door

e2: thanks in advance for testing it, i might have to move the respawn point

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Dec 16, 2014

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tunicate posted:

I idle in ESD until I get random fleet invites.
Yeah, if you really need fleet credits and nobody has a dummy fleet immediately handy, just drop fleet for a while, get invited to some pub fleet, and rob their bank donate to all the open projects they have. Then just ask for a re-invite to Dental or NoP afterwards.

The inability for players to get fleet credit easily in mature fleets is actually kind of a big ongoing issue that Cryptic doesn't really give a gently caress about because they're basically done with fleets and have moved onto other, more cash-lucrative grinds. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Which of the breen consoles are worthwhile running?

• Locked thread