Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Joe Hockeys Scrote posted:

dont be so stupid

'false flag' refers to being deliberately false, this is just a guy being loving incompetent

I know I was just explaining the joke people were making earlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Avshalom posted:

"Palestine" is a recent invention. The Jews have indigenous rights to that land, we were occupying it for thousands of years before the Arabs forcibly drove us off it. Just because the most recent generation of Palestinians never did any conquering doesn't mean that the land is suddenly theirs.

But Jews are Arabs..!

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

katlington posted:

Why not avoid both?

becaus sometimes when you live in an economic system you have to make small moral compromises on a daily basis

and the israel-palestine war is not such a big deal in the scheme of things to get a bee in your bonnet

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Negligent posted:

I feel sorry for the man. He obviously has issues and did not get the support he needs. Probably because of how racist Australia is, and prejudiced against non whites. The social problems caused by a Australians vilification of the Other leads to tragic outcomes. This warped interpretation has no credible relation with true Islam.

This but unironically

Gough Suppressant fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Dec 15, 2014

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Shadeoses posted:

But Jews are Arabs..!

just like kurds are mountain turks, right?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Apparently Hugh was pretty pissed at Ch10 executives' decision to publish demands and stated that he disagreed with it on air.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The media are now reporting that the man did actually bring the wrong flag and he talked to the radio host who described him as having a middle eastern accent and in his 40s. He told the radio host that the media should be ashamed for portraying ISIS as murders. He also apparently calls himself "The brother" This is according to CNN who interviewed the Radio Host.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadeoses posted:

But Jews are Arabs..!
No we're not! We're Jews!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Anidav posted:

The media are now reporting that the man did actually bring the wrong flag and he talked to the radio host who described him as having a middle eastern accent and in his 40s. He told the radio host that the media should be ashamed for portraying ISIS as murders. He also apparently calls himself "The brother" This is according to CNN who interviewed the Radio Host.
Definitely Abbott.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Avshalom posted:

"Palestine" is a recent invention. The Jews have indigenous rights to that land, we were occupying it for thousands of years before the Arabs forcibly drove us off it. Just because the most recent generation of Palestinians never did any conquering doesn't mean that the land is suddenly theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-evIyrrjTTY

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

bowmore posted:

Thanks guys, now I don't have to pretend like I understand.

These three examples in recent history are why it's eminently believable that the practise continues to this day.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Arguing against Israel by saying that Palestinians have more Semitic genetic material than Ashkenasim, that Jews and Arabs are the same race, that Jewish isn't an ethnicity, that Ashkenasim are genetically closer to Italians than other Levantine people and so on is disingenous and totally misses the point, which is that we identify as one ethnic group with a distinct homeland, a connecting language, and a culture that may have many branches but has common roots in our religion. Indigenous Australians and Native Americans are highly genetically mixed now as well but it's considered a dick move in most circles to question indigenous land rights based on blood quantum. Saying "But Jews are Arabs!", implying that Arabs therefore have just as much right to the land designated as Israel (which is tiny, compared to the huge landmass of the Middle East that is largely under Arabic control and uncontested by Jews), is just trying to erase the core issue.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Avshalom posted:

Give the Canaanites back their land you fascist!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Endman posted:

Give the Canaanites back their land you fascist!
They're extinct you huge wanker

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

NTRabbit posted:

These three examples in recent history are why it's eminently believable that the practise continues to this day.

Operation Northwoods didn't actually happen but it's a pretty famous example of a planned false flag operation.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Avshalom posted:

Arguing against Israel by saying that Palestinians have more Semitic genetic material than Ashkenasim, that Jews and Arabs are the same race, that Jewish isn't an ethnicity, that Ashkenasim are genetically closer to Italians than other Levantine people and so on is disingenous and totally misses the point, which is that we identify as one ethnic group with a distinct homeland, a connecting language, and a culture that may have many branches but has common roots in our religion. Indigenous Australians and Native Americans are highly genetically mixed now as well but it's considered a dick move in most circles to question indigenous land rights based on blood quantum. Saying "But Jews are Arabs!", implying that Arabs therefore have just as much right to the land designated as Israel (which is tiny, compared to the huge landmass of the Middle East that is largely under Arabic control and uncontested by Jews), is just trying to erase the core issue.

israel sux

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Avshalom posted:

They're extinct you huge wanker

Um, I identify as a Canaanite, an ethnic group with a distinct homeland, a connecting language, and a culture that has common roots.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Hey there's a perfectly good I/P thread you guys can poo poo up.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

adamantium|wang posted:

My breasts begin to grow. The nipples reach out to engulf you, a wall of pink like a brawny marshmallow tsunami. Your time has come.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
What the gently caress is running on the 7:30 report right now? footage of ISIS militants with horror music background. Did ACA hijack ABC's production team? Holy poo poo this is so unlike ABC.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Police are saying if you work in the exclusion zone plan to work from home tomorrow. Seems like they getting ready for the long haul.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

adamantium|wang posted:

Avshalom posted:

My breasts begin to grow. The nipples reach out to engulf you, a wall of pink like a brawny marshmallow tsunami. Your time has come.

Well you've done it now.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Avshalom posted:

:niggly:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Anidav posted:

What the gently caress is running on the 7:30 report right now? footage of ISIS militants with horror music background. Did ACA hijack ABC's production team? Holy poo poo this is so unlike ABC.
pretty much my reaction exactly. At first i thought that horror sound track drone was a mic loving up. Soon as it clear that it wasn't turned that poo poo off.

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

Anidav posted:

Yeah 4Corners and ACA merged.

Blame the budget cuts.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Condemning the Jewish people to a stateless eternity because we were driven off our land by oppressors should go against everything that you people stand for. Just because we've fallen on our feet despite all the historical atrocities against us doesn't change the fact that we were brutalised and stripped of everything we had. The creation and defense of Israel is the first successful aggressive initiative from a people who are sick of being oppressed, and even though it's just the reclamation of a tiny piece of land that's ours by right, both sides of the political spectrum the whole world over are terrified by the prospect of Jews finally getting out from under the boot of the oppressor and seizing a bit of tenuous power on the world stage. All the world's oceans are sucked inevitably into a tidal vortex. The centre? My vagina.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Endman
May 18, 2010

Avshalom posted:

Condemning the Jewish people to a stateless eternity because we were driven off their land by oppressors should go against everything that you people stand for. Just because we've fallen on our feet despite all the historical atrocities against us doesn't change the fact that we were brutalised and stripped of everything we had. The creation and defense of Israel is the first successful aggressive initiative from a people who are sick of being oppressed, and even though it's just the reclamation of a tiny piece of land that's ours by right, both sides of the political spectrum the whole world over are terrified by the prospect of Jews finally getting out from under the boot of the oppressor and seizing a bit of tenuous power on the world stage. All the world's oceans are sucked inevitably into a tidal vortex. The centre? My vagina.

:golfclap:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
My opinion on the Israel/Palestine conflict is allowed to be 'I don't really know, and I don't really care', right? I can tell it's a complex issue, but not all complex issues are worth me really considering my stance.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Comments from siege live youtube link:

Duane Dibbley It use to be legal in Australia to hunt aborigines and until 1976 they were considered the same as flora and fauna

maestrotik
maestrotik BONDI IS BEST, WESTIES NOT WELCOME TO BONDI, GO BACK YOUR lovely PARRAMATTA HOLE

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

bell jar posted:

i need to go to max brenner more, they do a really nice white hot chocolate

so like they pour it from behind a ceramic shield and then the cup, table and customer all burst into vapour? How do they achieve beverage temps > 1400 degrees C? Industrial furnace out the back in the kitchen?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Cleretic posted:

My opinion on the Israel/Palestine conflict is allowed to be 'I don't really know, and I don't really care', right? I can tell it's a complex issue, but not all complex issues are worth me really considering my stance.
Most people's stance is "I don't really know, and I CARE VERY DEEPLY gently caress ISRAEL", so you're doing better than them in my opinion.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Avshalom posted:

Condemning the Jewish people to a stateless eternity because we were driven off our land by oppressors should go against everything that you people stand for. Just because we've fallen on our feet despite all the historical atrocities against us doesn't change the fact that we were brutalised and stripped of everything we had. The creation and defense of Israel is the first successful aggressive initiative from a people who are sick of being oppressed, and even though it's just the reclamation of a tiny piece of land that's ours by right, both sides of the political spectrum the whole world over are terrified by the prospect of Jews finally getting out from under the boot of the oppressor and seizing a bit of tenuous power on the world stage. All the world's oceans are sucked inevitably into a tidal vortex. The centre? My vagina.

Cool, now can you give Palestine some loving land too already

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Well I'm not too hot on my history of Kurds but I think they've lived there for a long time, while the Turkish fellows migrated in off the steppe, took over the region and founded the Ottoman Empire which could reasonably be said to have had a successor in Turkey. So while they live in the same nation now I would say they are not quite the same, but modern Kurds and Turks are probably more similar now than they were 1000 years ago when they didn't know each other existed and lived on different continents.

However the traditional Jew and the traditional Arab originated thousands of years ago in the same subcontinent, and had very similar language, custom, religion, etc for a very long time, with the tribes of Israel being almost indistinguishable from the Phoenicians or Canaanites or whatever else they were conquering/being conquered by. Arabia is of course a huge place, so people in Oman are quite different from people in the Levant, but they are much more similar compared to Ethiopians or Picts. So yes, Jews were for all of their pre-diaspora history Arabs except for placing themselves apart in an attempt at their own ancient ethnic purity. Before modern Israel if you looked at a person in Palestine who had lived in the same plot of land as his previous thousand fathers, and looked at his neighbour, you would be hard pressed to figure out which one was Jewish or not based on genetics, because they're almost exactly the same. Meanwhile the Israeli settlers are white as the driven snow and ethnically German/Polish/whatever because they married the people they lived around before loving off to oppress some browner peasants.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
What is this from

And

Avshalom posted:

What the gently caress do you mean by YOU PEOPLE

Endman
May 18, 2010

Gough Suppressant posted:

Did you read the whole post? :ssh:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Gough Suppressant posted:

no room for palestine in the World-Cooch

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

I'd say they're more like mountain Arabs. I challenge you to separate a mixed group of Kurds and Arabs into their respective ethnicities.

Avshalom posted:

No we're not! We're Jews!

Not the Mizrahim and Sephardim, who are literally genetically identical to Palestinian Arabs. Face it, you're a self-hating Semite!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Endman posted:

Did you read the whole post? :ssh:

I only read the last two lines why was there something important before that?

• Locked thread