Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Where is Raptorfag when you need him.

ABC is reporting that twitter is reporting that 4 people are holding someone in Ghent Belgium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

adamantium|wang posted:

Muslim Press Release

The Black Flag is kinda ominous. At least to non-Islamic types.

I mean the only Black Flag ever flown by Westerners was the Jolly Roger which is pretty much etched into Anglo-Saxon racial memory as being a symbol of unpleasantness.

Someone should politely show the relevant Muslim authority the Mitchell and Webb - "Are we the Baddies?" skit, making the flag not as 'scary' might help with the PR.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i didn't think avs could do it but someday her ever encroaching breasts will devour us all

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

What is this from

And

What the gently caress do you mean by YOU PEOPLE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Taking_of_Deborah_Logan

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Gough Suppressant posted:

I only read the last two lines why was there something important before that?

Then you should know that once the oceans are drained there'll be plenty of land for everyone. :rolleyes:

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Neif posted:

I mean the only Black Flag ever flown by Westerners was the Jolly Roger which is pretty much etched into Anglo-Saxon racial memory as being a symbol of unpleasantness.

I'm gonna go fuckin anarchosyndicalist on your rear end

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Comstar posted:

Where is Raptorfag when you need him.

ABC is reporting that twitter is reporting that 4 people are holding someone in Ghent Belgium.

That confirms it, the target was the chocolate all along.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Neif posted:

Someone should politely show the relevant Muslim authority the Mitchell and Webb - "Are we the Baddies?" skit, making the flag not as 'scary' might help with the PR.

Henry Rollins is awesome and I won't hear any more on the matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsbvo5GVK10

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
They married the people they lived around to integrate and avoid being murdered in the countries that they were forced to flee to, I feel that's worth mentioning. Also you can't just single out one ethnic group as being the result of isolationists trying to distinguish themselves from their genetically-similar neighbours on the basis of culture. That's what ethnic groups are. I challenge you to find me an area where multiple groups co-exist and aren't extremely similar genetically and phenotypically. You wouldn't dismiss the individuality of tribes in Africa because "Oh it's just some differences in culture, you're all the same really!", you couldn't then use that to make a non-issue of historical land rights, and you don't get to do the same to the Jews.

Gough Suppressant posted:

Cool, now can you give Palestine some loving land too already
Israel needs to be returned to its pre-1968 borders. There are not enough people in Israel to justify the expansion. A Jewish state is required but a compromise must be made.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Kurds are like the Basques, isolated mountain-kings who peer down at the ever-changing sea of short-lived mortals who pass by on the plains below, hoarding their riches and maintaining a unique and weird culture, only to be destroyed by dragons.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Is this like when Grandpa gets confused and takes a poo poo on the kitchen floor?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

The loving Britons are never getting their land back, drat it. Saxons are the rightful owners of Albion!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
What the gently caress is happening to this thread.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

"Three faiths pray for solidarity & peace at tonight's prayer vigil."

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Not the Mizrahim and Sephardim, who are literally genetically identical to Palestinian Arabs. Face it, you're a self-hating Semite!
If you're going to start delving into genetics, you'll find a whole lot of people who don't belong to the ethnic groups they identify with, including a million white Australians who turn out to have more Aboriginal blood than people who identify and live as Aboriginal. The Mizrahim and Sephardim identify as Jews, therefore they are Jews. Bringing genetics into it is just a way to try to erase the Jewish identity and de-legitimise Israel, but Jewish identity is a real thing and it's not just going to go away.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

adamantium|wang posted:

the priest shaking with his left hand, won't shake the imam, dangerous

Endman
May 18, 2010

How come the Christian dude doesn't get a funky hat?

Truly Christians are the oppressed masses.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Avshalom posted:

If you're going to start delving into genetics, you'll find a whole lot of people who don't belong to the ethnic groups they identify with, including a million white Australians who turn out to have more Aboriginal blood than people who identify and live as Aboriginal. The Mizrahim and Sephardim identify as Jews, therefore they are Jews. Bringing genetics into it is just a way to try to erase the Jewish identity and de-legitimise Israel, but Jewish identity is a real thing and it's not just going to go away.

Wait so Palestinians and Palestine DO exist then?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

I'd say they're more like mountain Arabs. I challenge you to separate a mixed group of Kurds and Arabs into their respective ethnicities.

Not the Mizrahim and Sephardim, who are literally genetically identical to Palestinian Arabs. Face it, you're a self-hating Semite!

Can I phone a friend?

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Avshalom posted:

I don't get it is this like a raptorfag post

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadeoses posted:

Wait so Palestinians and Palestine DO exist then?
Yes, that's why we need a split state. But the existence of Palestinians still doesn't cancel out the existence of Jews, nor the fact that the land was historically ours. It's not our fault that other people settled the land while we were being herded into ghettos in medieval Italy, and now we need our own country and where are we supposed to go? The only other option is my vagina, which lies waiting beneath you with its lips coquettishly parted. In your dreams you hear its voice, a hollow wailing like the wind across the dunes, and you see in your mind's eye the hungry grasping of my pubic hairs.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Well maybe Jews should stop militaristically expanding and committing genocide in an effort to gain more lebensraum and maintain ethnic purity then because it looks really bad especially since so many of them are Italians

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm proud to say that I've married the ghost of Ariel Sharon on the astral plane and had his spectral baby. He was a great man. He was given tiny newborn Israel to defend, and his efforts to protect it against its enemies were heroic. On the other hand, the expansion of Israeli territories was wrong and it was based in the rigid thinking of an extremist, which he grew to recognise over the course of his long, long career; the fact that his attempts at undoing the damage were cut short is one of the greatest tragedies of the new century. I still believe in him. I love you, Ariel. I love you.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
No matter who "belongs" there, you can't oppress and kill people to get rid of them while also pointing at the Holocaust and screaming 'Anti-Semite' at every criticism.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Why didn't they put the jewish refugees in Hobo Erotica's garbage city?

Just asking questions :shrug:

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

starkebn posted:

No matter who "belongs" there, you can't oppress and kill people to get rid of them while also pointing at the Holocaust and screaming 'Anti-Semite' at every criticism.

So being the victim of genocide doesn't get you a commit one genocide free token?

Fuckin' playschool lied to me.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I just don't know what to make of what I'm reading anymore.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Splode posted:

Why didn't they put the jewish refugees in Hobo Erotica's garbage city?

Just asking questions :shrug:

hahah

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

I'd say they're more like mountain Arabs. I challenge you to separate a mixed group of Kurds and Arabs into their respective ethnicities.

clealry my sophisticated middle eastern humour has gone over the top of the scrubdwellers in this thread

mountain turks are what the turkish government calls kurds when it denies their ethnicity, bans their language and political parties, and forces their children to learn in the tongue of the conqueror

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Death to Israel and all hail the birth of the unified state of Palestine where all Semitic people (and also random other people from other continents who have nothing to do with it but wanted to live there anyway) can live in harmony without resorting the ethnic cleansing.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

I just don't know what to make of what I'm not reading anymore.
Same.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Anidav posted:

What the gently caress is happening to this thread.

People getting angry at other people. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRGd0gD0QNE

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

adamantium|wang posted:

:unsmith:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Joe Hockeys Scrote posted:

clealry my sophisticated middle eastern humour has gone over the top of the scrubdwellers in this thread

mountain turks are what the turkish government calls kurds when it denies their ethnicity, bans their language and political parties, and forces their children to learn in the tongue of the conqueror

So Palestinians are Plains Jews then?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadeoses posted:

Well maybe Jews should stop militaristically expanding and committing genocide in an effort to gain more lebensraum and maintain ethnic purity then because it looks really bad especially since so many of them are Italians
I part my buttocks like the tides of the Red Sea. My anus roils in the depths of the chasm, a distant pearl. My sexuality does not support the further expansion of Israel and thinks that attempts to cleanse peaceful non-Jewish residents are an atrocity. I begin to dance, my penis swivelling so that its mushroom head points at you regardless of its position in space. There are many branches of Zionism, just as there are many outcrops of my mammary gland, and just because I believe in a Jewish state doesn't mean that I think Israel should be only for the Jews. The moonlight falls on my naked body. My anus licks its lips.

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011
How did we go from a chocolate store siege to a debate on Palestine?

Spontaneously combust this thread, Spontaneously combust it to the ground.

EDIT: Not that I'm implying support to any one side of the debate, I just don't know how this happened.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Avshalom posted:

I'm proud to say that I've married the ghost of Ariel Sharon on the astral plane and had his spectral baby. He was a great man. He was given tiny newborn Israel to defend, and his efforts to protect it against its enemies were heroic. On the other hand, the expansion of Israeli territories was wrong and it was based in the rigid thinking of an extremist, which he grew to recognise over the course of his long, long career; the fact that his attempts at undoing the damage were cut short is one of the greatest tragedies of the new century. I still believe in him. I love you, Ariel. I love you.

Shalom

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Avshalom posted:

I part my buttocks like the tides of the Red Sea. My anus roils in the depths of the chasm, a distant pearl. My sexuality does not support the further expansion of Israel and thinks that attempts to cleanse peaceful non-Jewish residents are an atrocity. I begin to dance, my penis swivelling so that its mushroom head points at you regardless of its position in space. There are many branches of Zionism, just as there are many outcrops of my mammary gland, and just because I believe in a Jewish state doesn't mean that I think Israel should be only for the Jews. The moonlight falls on my naked body. My anus licks its lips.

I agree completely, Israel should stop expanding then contract to nothing.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm confused, why don't they just pile on eachothers hand instead of this weird harmony puzzle whereby the Christian avoids touching the Muslim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Shadeoses posted:

So Palestinians are Plains Jews then?

no you idiot they're coastal persians

• Locked thread