Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The Aussies have deployed their crack "cops with guns" unit. Reports can not be confirmed that the cops actually KNOW how to use the guns and that they weren't just stood up to fit in with other countries police forces that are armed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Pretty sure Australia has had one of the more active domestic counter-terrorism programs in recent years. They've made a ton of arrests in the last year.

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008
Yeah they've actually been really busy lately.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mick Dundee has been called in.

The Stygian
Feb 7, 2007

Exeggutor?

maffew buildings posted:

The Aussies have deployed their crack "cops with guns" unit. Reports can not be confirmed that the cops actually KNOW how to use the guns and that they weren't just stood up to fit in with other countries police forces that are armed

The response groups on the east coast know their poo poo.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Mick Dundee has been called in.

Last spotted grenade fishing off the coast of Sydney.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Maybe we'll get lucky and Steve Irwin will rise from the grave to hurl himself at them while yelling 'crikey! this is so bloody dangerous!'

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Two Finger posted:

Maybe we'll get lucky and Steve Irwin will rise from the grave to hurl himself at them while yelling 'crikey! this is so bloody dangerous!'

Oh no, a storm will come with Steve Irwin. Sydney will experience Sharknado but with stingrays.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wonder if the CIA ever considered using jellyfish as a torture method. Not the deadly kind, just the kind that really hurt when you touch them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

I wonder if the CIA ever considered using jellyfish as a torture method. Not the deadly kind, just the kind that really hurt when you touch them.

Then they get some guy to pee on them to "neutralize" the stingers. Bonus round!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Haha - swim across this one km stretch of water and we'll let you go free

Then when they make it just throw them back in prison anyway

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

It's like somebody who never even saw the movie turned it into a cartoon.

Who am I kidding, that's exactly what happened.

Not quite, they were just advised by the shows educational advisor (no really), that kids wouldn't grasp a Vietnam vet with PTSD...so best to ignore it entirely.

Show was cool and the toys loving owned.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

The Stygian posted:

The response groups on the east coast know their poo poo.

The East Coast is the Army CT commando groups right? I don't have to know where Sydney is located on, I'm an American. Anyone who says otherwise is a goddamn Kangaroo sucking off human being

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

rectal jellyfishing

The Stygian
Feb 7, 2007

Exeggutor?

maffew buildings posted:

The East Coast is the Army CT commando groups right? I don't have to know where Sydney is located on, I'm an American. Anyone who says otherwise is a goddamn Kangaroo sucking off human being

Not the ones currently on the scene, no.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

maffew buildings posted:

This is currently done by a rotating SASR squadron, also the AFP has several teams consisting of former special operations types using loaned Australian Army assets. So pretty much the go to guys for this thing are either current active service hardcore badarses, or former active service hardcore badarses.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 15, 2014

The Stygian
Feb 7, 2007

Exeggutor?

Spacman posted:

This is currently done by a rotating SASR squadron, also the AFP has several teams consisting of former special operations types using loaned Australian Army assets. So pretty much the go to guys for this thing are either current active service hardcore badarses, or former active service hardcore badarses.

SASR maintains TAG West. 2CDO maintains TAG East. SASR has nothing to do with the current situation, on a side note.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

at the date posted:

rectal jellyfishing

sounds like a new thing to try in the bedroom :heysexy:

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

orange juche posted:

sounds like a new thing to try in the bedroom :heysexy:

10/10 tried it at work tonight with a john in the powder room

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Can somebody slowly explain to me why I'm an idiot for thinking the ~10-20 hostages should just loving tackle the one rear end in a top hat who's greatest achievement in life is raiding a Lindt cafe and even then forgetting to bring the right terrorist flag.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer
Pretty telling that his first demand was for an actual ISIS flag

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Barracuda Bang! posted:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Solid flick.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Dude's been spending a lot of time near the window. Here's hoping the Aussies make his head explode on international television.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Barracuda Bang! posted:

One of his demands is that Aussie politicians state that it is an ISIS attack :laugh:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm totally serious with the Airheads comparison. This guy has no loving idea what he's doing.

Australia has a parliament, right?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

I'm totally serious with the Airheads comparison. This guy has no loving idea what he's doing.

Regional parliament is like right next door:

Choose 1 target for your politically motivated attack:

- Parliament
- News Station
- National Bank
- Supreme Court
- Lindt Cafe

Don't forget your flag!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Generation Internet posted:

- Parliament
- News Station
- National Bank
- Supreme Court
- Lindt Cafe

Don't forget your flag!

Well arguably the Lindt shop is the least likely to have an armed guard and is a soft target with a lot of people. Similar to that mall in Kenya. Parliament attacks require state funding to pull off usually (see Pakistan).

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
In other news a US Marine has been charged with the October murder of a tranny in the Phillippines

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Generation Internet posted:

- Parliament
- News Station
- National Bank
- Supreme Court
- Lindt Cafe

Don't forget your flag!

42 wallaby way

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Waroduce posted:

In other news a US Marine has been charged with the October murder of a tranny in the Phillippines

I can't wait for the new quote in the next Marines thread OP.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Waroduce posted:

I was under the impression that USMC filipino tranny murder was already a weekly occurrence?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

psydude posted:

Dude's been spending a lot of time near the window. Here's hoping the Aussies make his head explode on international television.

This might have just happened. :getin:

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
BBC live feed anchors are debating why the police went in and whether the police presence triggered the actions of the gunman

:wtc:

The British/Aussie attitude towards guns and gun crime is baffling

E: gunman is down

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 15, 2014

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Those flashes in the windows of the cafe CNN's showing were something out of an action movie. :tviv:

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
According to :siren:recent tweets:siren: the hostages are out and police appear "relaxed" which pretty strongly implies that Caliph Sadbrains is splattered all over the eclairs.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFuZZWe9tCM

Best video so far, I'm sure there will be something better on Liveleak in the next couple hours.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
bbc.com:Man Haron Monis an Iranian asylum seeker and is well known to the Australian police. The cleric is currently on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife and is facing more than 40 sexual and indecent assault charges. They let this fucker out on bail

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Reports say 2 dead. Assuming one of them is the shooter, he's yet another domestic jihadi who's failed to more than break even in terms of K:D.

• Locked thread