Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Mass Effect 3's story was flawed, but it still had a lot of high-points that are worth checking out. I wouldn't write off the game entirely just because the ending was poorly handled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I just continue to wish that all three Mass Effects had been written according to a consistent creative vision with at least the broad narrative arc sketched out ahead of time. Because there's some great stuff there but you can really tell the writing team changed every time.

slowfreq
Dec 14, 2014

are there any good LPs of popular games that use a restriction rules (e.g. ocarina of time without opening any doors, mario 64 without pressing the a button)?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

slowfreq posted:

are there any good LPs of popular games that use a restriction rules (e.g. ocarina of time without opening any doors, mario 64 without pressing the a button)?

http://lparchive.org/Super-Mario-64-%28With-Feet%29/

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

slowfreq posted:

I think the one thing is it's hard to identify challenges that aren't one trick ponies. I was thinking of Swordless LoZ 1 (I used an initialism, am I gamer now?) but apparently a lot of it is luck manipulation and bomb farming?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

slowfreq posted:

OrangeFluffySheep is doing a low-level run as a side-LP in the FF7 thread.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

slowbeef posted:

I think the one thing is it's hard to identify challenges that aren't one trick ponies. I was thinking of Swordless LoZ 1 (I used an initialism, am I gamer now?) but apparently a lot of it is luck manipulation and bomb farming?

That's an acronym, beef.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Kuvo is playing GOLF! (With Geop, Vicas and Minifoo so far.) Recommended for GOLF!

slowfreq
Dec 14, 2014

slowbeef posted:

if there's one thing i love in my let's plays, it's farming

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Suspicious Dish posted:

That's an acronym, beef.

Initialism works if slowbeef intends for you to pronounce each individual abbreviated letter.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
"LoZ OoT" is pronounced like "lawsuit" because Shigeru Miyamoto was once in a lawsuit. It's true. I heard it from DidYouKnowGaming.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I am pronouncing Loz OoT right now and it sounds like the opposite of "lawsuit". Instead it sounds like shizukamiteiru, actually, which makes more sense since Shigeru Miyamoto is Japanese.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:negative:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

slowfreq posted:

There are play throughs of Super Mario World and SM3 where they don't use any power-ups. Theyre on the LP archive.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

slowfreq posted:

Most of Oyster's old archived LPs do this. There's also an excellent archived LP of Spelunky by Psychadelic Eyeball where he does a bunch of challenges after completing the game for the first time.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Lazyfire's latest LP of Wolfenstein: The New Order is really good. One, because Lazyfire has an excellent commentary style. Two, because W:TNO is an extremely fun game to watch. So check it out, and see BJ monologue while stabbing and shooting robo-Nazi horrors!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
want funny screenshot lp of games that are CrAzY. go.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

Probably an obvious suggestion, but just about anything by The Dark Id. I'd start with Drakengard.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

anilEhilated posted:

Probably an obvious suggestion, but just about anything by The Dark Id. I'd start with Drakengard.

sorry i should've added: anyone not the dark id

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
LeaveMyWife did some fantastic SS LP's of Super Mario RPG, Earthbound, a couple of old school final fantasy games, etc.
His sense of humor is great and the shots are edited really well.
I hope he comes back soon. :smith::hf::sugartits:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
He killed a guy from DUI. He is a criminal and video games are not important enough to let criminals out of jail.

My mother was killed by a drunk driver when I was 9. I have no sympathy for him.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
He'll be out in about another month. He's planning on doing more here, but I shouldn't spoil what.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Suspicious Dish posted:

video games are not important enough to let criminals out of jail.

incorrect

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

They let pewdiepie get away with murder, literally.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Suspicious Dish posted:

He killed a guy from DUI. He is a criminal and video games are not important enough to let criminals out of jail.

My mother was killed by a drunk driver when I was 9. I have no sympathy for him.

:stare: Jesus, guess I won't be re-reading those LPs anytime soon.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
so the take away is that lets players are drunks who kill people thanks

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Keeshhound posted:

He'll be out in about another month. He's planning on doing more here, but I shouldn't spoil what.

please tell him not to thanks

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Stux posted:

please tell him not to thanks

Please don't be an rear end in a top hat, thanks. He's expressed sincere regret, and is trying to be a better person. The parole board seems to agree, since they approved his application and he's being let out on probation in January.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 19, 2014

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Keeshhound posted:

Please don't be an rear end in a top hat, thanks. He's expressed sincere regret, and is trying to be a better person.

oh ok sorry all is forgiven then i guess my bad

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Keeshhound posted:

Please don't be an rear end in a top hat, thanks. He's expressed sincere regret, and is trying to be a better person.

Regret doesn't make people come back.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Suspicious Dish posted:

Regret doesn't make people come back.

Edit: PM me. This isn't the kind of discussion this thead was created for.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 19, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So if you're looking for a happy, good time LP to watch then make sure to check out Medibot's latest Kirby LP: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683153 (though it's sadly lacking Kaz which is a shame).

Also Mass is still going his amazing string of incorrectly maligned games with Sonic: Lost Worlds- http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687802 and Superman 64: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3688694

Celebrate the holidays by enjoying these and many other lovely LP's on the forums.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bluh gently caress it

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Keeshhound posted:

And being a shithead won't either. No one's asking you to forgive him, least of all him. If you don't want to associate with Leave, you're welcome not to, but all you're doing right now is projecting your experiences onto someone else. It's a lovely situation, you're not needed to make it worse.

Such is the reason he should probably take a break, and not post here, or at least anywhere where people know what he did. Nearly any thread he posts is going to garner this attention now. Right or wrong. Plus, one of the first things he apparently, (according to you, however you know), wants to do after getting released on probation from what I assume is a manslaughter charge (based on the statements that somebody died due to him DUI), is start up another "Let's Play!"....this doesn't exactly send a good message to most people.

Anyway, back on subject.

I'd highly recommend you check out CJacobs' Dead Space 3 LP. Anybody that's familiar with his other DS LPs will know why, but for those that aren't, he's doing a great job of showing off the game, while preserving the atmosphere of it, which is HIGHLY important...ok, maybe not as important for DS3, but that's a personal opinion! :ghost:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Stux posted:

Jesus: Kyōfu No Bio Monster by Quovak. The name alone should be reason enough to entice you to read it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Are there any chill Minecraft LPs/series out there? Just something to throw on my secondary monitor while working, watch someone explore pretty places and build poo poo, nothing too spergy. I don't really care about the "purity" of the game, so if it's been modded to hell to look prettier, bring it.

Cheers.

Shazzner
Feb 9, 2004

HAPPY GAMES ONLY

Stux posted:

ChuckMaster's Moment of Silence thread was pretty great and he never killed nobody (AFAIK!), unfortunately all the images were on now defunct waffleimages so I guess it's lost for good
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649263

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Stux posted:

http://lparchive.org/Gazillionaire-Deluxe/

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

Are there any chill Minecraft LPs/series out there? Just something to throw on my secondary monitor while working, watch someone explore pretty places and build poo poo, nothing too spergy. I don't really care about the "purity" of the game, so if it's been modded to hell to look prettier, bring it.

Cheers.

Call me crazy, but I don't care much about building stuff in Minecraft. Having said that, while I'm not a regular follower, I do like the idea of the non-SA youtube LP "Far Lands or Bust".

It started a few years ago, when Minecraft was still in beta. There wasn't an edge to the world map, instead it would completely glitch out when you went like a million miles out from your starting point, creating a glitchy landscape called the Far Lands. People teleported there and explored the place. Then this guy decided to walk all the way there. He thought it would take him about a year. At the pace he's going, it'll take him more like 30 years.

But he's still going (playing the same beta version), and after doing it for a few months he decided to start cooperating with a charity, accepting donations for that charity and doing Minecraft marathons for them, too.

There's over 400 episodes now, but most of them are just him and his trusty pet Going West, exploring strange new places, going where no man has gone before, and talking podcast-like about stuff happening in his life. It's quite nice as background noise, and you can tune in whenever you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What's the most Christmas-themed LP's you can think of? Screenshot or video are fine. I'm fine with (and encourage) loose arguments as to what makes a LP a Christmas LP.