Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Hooman's Afternoon, a tale in 4 parts:
Part the First:

Part the Second:

Part the Third:

Part the Final:

Now a cute dog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Fruity Gordo posted:

Fwiw aunty hasn't said anything about gun shot wounds or heart attacks. Cobbers declared the siege over though. I'm guessing old mate is dead since they haven't shown an arrest

How many Australianism did you just put into that statement?

mattah
Nov 9, 2003

Oh Pikachu!
ABC reporter wondering if the dude is still alive .. is this guy a moron?

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

dr_rat posted:

I was under the impression that Salafist (the Islamic state lot) generally disliked Sufis and their mystical pursuits? But yeah many Muslim are cool with all those things (except probably dark magic, still confused about that one)

Edit:

Oh... this is all no good :(

Yeah dude was just a total crackpot. If it's true that he was a refugee then it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that he's been through some pretty heavy traumatic poo poo in his life and whatever was broken by that never got fixed :( what a dickhead

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Holy poo poo dat puppy

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
'[Gunman] has been disabled in some manner by the police force' lol siobhan

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Gridlocked posted:

How many Australianism did you just put into that statement?

m8 I'll glass ya oval office

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
This was the guy broadcasting earlier
https://twitter.com/FreeNewsAU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Fruity Gordo posted:

'[Gunman] has been disabled in some manner by the police force' lol siobhan

He's been given an efficiency dividend.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.
I'm hearing the hostage taker has been arrested and there are two dead?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Fruity Gordo posted:

m8 I'll glass ya oval office

yeah nah m8 step outside once I finish me VB and ill thong ya something good eh

TG-Chrono posted:

This was the guy broadcasting earlier
https://twitter.com/FreeNewsAU

I'm not willing to believe this stuff till the morning once the police have released official statements and the ABC has had time to process them. This is mostly because I have a lack of trust for any media outlet bar ABC (and somewhat 10 cause Hugh Remmington is cool)

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Someone on twitter claimed the arrest, hasn't been confirmed by an source.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Kim Jong ill posted:

Going to wait a bit now, first reports would be coming in from paramedics enroute to hospitals, might be a while before more info is forthcoming.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Ignore all casualty figures, 7 don't know what they're talking about and anyone referencing 2 dead is quoting them

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Kim Jong ill posted:

Someone in the GBS thread said for the next 15 minutes don't believe anything you hear about casualties.

Probably -hopefully- good advice.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

Going to wait a bit now, first reports would be coming in from paramedics enroute to hospitals, might be a while before more info is forthcoming.

I was about to go to bed when I checked the thread when it first kicked off, caught the second round of gunfire live. Think I should get to bed and see what's happened once the smoke has cleared in the morning.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Murodese posted:

Ignore all casualty figures, 7 don't know what they're talking about and anyone referencing 2 dead is quoting them

I've had 2UE and other sources also have 2, not just 7, but you are right nonetheless.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kim Jong ill posted:

I was about to go to bed when I checked the thread when it first kicked off, caught the second round of gunfire live. Think I should get to bed and see what's happened once the smoke has cleared in the morning.

Yeah me too. Huh I wonder what's on ABCnews24 right now?

*shots of police firing guns and throwing grenades*

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Kim Jong ill posted:

I'm on nightshift until 6am, so I'll keep the shitpost count high until dawn.

Certa Cito.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
CNN reporting 2 dead (possibly including gunman), and 3 others shot.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

I'm on nightshift until 6am, so I'll keep the shitpost count high until dawn.

Certa Cito.

You're not actually sigs are you?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Kim Jong ill posted:

You're not actually sigs are you?

Not for 18 months now, sideshift of careers.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

MaoistBanker posted:

CNN reporting 2 dead (possibly including gunman), and 3 others shot.

They're getting that from 7 and even got that wrong, because they said they got it from the ABC.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Murodese posted:

They're getting that from 7 and even got that wrong, because they said they got it from the ABC.

Classic CNN.

Neif
Jul 26, 2012

Wondering why a dude who has a long list of rather serious charges against him is able to get bail.

Apparently accessory to murder and a number of sexual assault charges are not enough to keep one imprisoned.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'm going to be posting some less depressing poo poo for the thread's sake, what an awful outcome in Sydney.
This is Mozart.

He's my little buddy.

He likes socks.

But doesn't like baths.

He's a lovely good natured and obedient boy who always comes in and cheers me up.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

:3:

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Neif posted:

Wondering why a dude who has a long list of rather serious charges against him is able to get bail.

Apparently accessory to murder and a number of sexual assault charges are not enough to keep one imprisoned.

The judge described the murder case as 'weak' in giving bail. No idea on the situation on the sexual assault charges.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Sorry Anidav, your dog's poo poo compared to Hooman's.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Didn't seem to involve TAG-E forces this time, all badges I've seen have been of police SOG units.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

Not for 18 months now, sideshift of careers.

Ahh cool, my honours supervisor is a reservist corporal (soon to be sergeant) in the 144th down here in SA, heard they're a bunch of nerds.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Sorry Anidav, your dog's poo poo compared to Hooman's.

All dogs are wonderful. :colbert:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hooman posted:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Neif posted:

Were a convict nation, the whole countries a jail!

But nah, we just have a lenient judiciary, which is usually a pretty good thing as shoving as many people in jail as possible is a poo poo way to do things, and usually just increases crime.
sure you get cases like this, but even in this case the dude was obviously mentally unwell and while he shouldn't of been out in the public, a secure mental health facility rather then a jail would of been best.

Edit:

Thread needs more happy dog pics.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

hooman posted:

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
9News now repeating 2 dead including gunman. It sounds a lot like the gunman executed a hostage which prompted the police to move in.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Kim Jong ill posted:

Ahh cool, my honours supervisor is a reservist corporal (soon to be sergeant) in the 144th down here in SA, heard they're a bunch of nerds.

When I was going through training, 18 months worth, we would have the barracks lines all LANed up and would play Dawn of War and Company of Heroes all the time. Massive nerdfest.

My jug with a puppy lab :3:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dog is punk as gently caress and knows it.

A good dog.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Getting reports that the Incident Response Regiment was on hand tonight, they're the Army's bomb disposal special unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

TG-Chrono posted:

Getting reports that the Incident Response Regiment was on hand tonight, they're the Army's bomb disposal special unit.

Would of been incredibly surprised if their wasn't some bomb disposal unit on hand just in case.

• Locked thread