Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

bbc.com:Man Haron Monis an Iranian asylum seeker and is well known to the Australian police. The cleric is currently on bail for being an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife and is facing more than 40 sexual and indecent assault charges. They let this fucker out on bail

well, you see, jail and prison are wrong and putting them there makes you a monster. So everyone should be given bail. Always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ActusRhesus posted:

well, you see, jail and prison are wrong and putting them there makes you a monster. So everyone should be given bail. Always.

So which is more likely: the judge being a retard, or the judge seeing circumstances mitigating risk of flight or danger to others?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Dude was also convicted of sending hate mail to the families of two soldiers killed in Afghanistan. No big loss for humanity here, folks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CNN via Seven Network is saying that he was a spiritual healer.

Does "taking hostages and then getting blasted right to Paradise" count as spiritual healing?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

So which is more likely: the judge being a retard, or the judge seeing circumstances mitigating risk of flight or danger to others?

Given the particular facts of his case, my money is on "judge is a retard" but I'm not an expert on Australian bail requirements, nor do I know how much his bail was set at.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-16/iranian-cleric-man-haron-monis-named-as-man-behind-sydney-siege/5969246

Because risk of danger to others...I think setting your ex wife on fire and being involved in 40 other sexual assault allegations kind of speaks for itself.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
People tend to get out of jail after 20 years or less for murder 1 in australia.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Canada still wins the killing Jihadists in the most badass way possible contest.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psydude posted:

Canada still wins the killing Jihadists in the most badass way possible contest.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

ded posted:

People tend to get out of jail after 20 years or less for murder 1 in australia.

I suspect their ancestral roots as a penal colony has something to do with their kid gloves approach to violent criminals. There but for the grace of god goes great grandpa or some poo poo.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

psydude posted:

Are we talking about the sniper guy who sniped body parts off from 2 miles away or did something even more badass happen.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Are we talking about the sniper guy who sniped body parts off from 2 miles away or did something even more badass happen.

I'm talking about valiant defender of North American freedom, Kevin Vickers, calmly pulling out his sidearm and wasting a Jihadist douchebag in Canadian Parliament, of course.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

gently caress YOUR TABLES

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

psydude posted:

I'm talking about valiant defender of North American freedom, Kevin Vickers, calmly pulling out his sidearm and wasting a Jihadist douchebag in Canadian Parliament, of course.

That guy owned.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The sixty-something Sergeant-at-Arms who unloaded a clip on a Haji, then calmly walked back to his office to get another clip fully prepared to do it again.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Canada wins for best home game against jihad. The US continues to have an amazing road-game streak. The English speaking world pretty much rules

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Canada just really has this terrorist killing style points thing down.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Canada easily beats Australia for third place English speaking country.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kevin Vickers also called his mom to let her know he wasn't dead. Style AND class points awarded.

Generation Internet posted:

Canada easily beats Australia for third place English speaking country.

Third place pays well in this race. It's like the Rolex 24 at Daytona. You still get a trophy and a Rolex watch.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

bitcoin bastard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFuZZWe9tCM

Best video so far, I'm sure there will be something better on Liveleak in the next couple hours.

Funny how all the female hostages run straight at the police until an officer grabs them, but the one dark skinned guy takes about five steps then lies face down on the pavement to wait for the cops to give him the go-ahead.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
What about NZ? Might they be ahead of Australia too?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

maffew buildings posted:

Kiwi military aint nothing to gently caress with.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

I've read alot of been there done that type books written by former seals and they always, always mention that NZ and Aussies have top tier special forces. Germans and Poles are very well regarded as well.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I meant in term of being good cunts, the Kiwis I met were always pretty fuckin' chill. Can we all agree that Canada, Australia and NZ are definitely cooler than those marble mouthed tea and crumpet dorks? A country should have only one Prince, or possibly an Artist Formerly Known As depending on his career stage.

Except Prince Harry, he dressed like Hitler and got naked with sluts in Vegas and had to get pulled from the Afghan front line because people learned he was there. He's cool.

Orlando Furioso
Nov 7, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

Except Prince Harry, he dressed like Hitler and got naked with sluts in Vegas and had to get pulled from the Afghan front line because people learned he was there. He's cool.

And then he decided that 8 weeks of calling in air strikes on the Taliban wasn't enough so he trained as an Apache pilot to get back to Afghanistan and start slinging some 30mm and Hellfire around himself.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
And when he talks about it he's like "its whatever"

Would break my sober streak to drink one with that dude.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

maffew buildings posted:

Those bitches took photos of him in Vegas after he paid for their drinks and asked them to be cool. What is the world coming to when you can't trust Vegas bar whores to keep their word?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

William does all the PR work while the world fawns over he and the wifey like pathetic fanboys/girls. Harry smokes browns with attack helicopters.

Harry > William and Kate combined.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Not being heir apparent means you can go do what you want. Harry don't give a gently caress.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Not being heir apparent means you can go do what you want. Harry don't give a gently caress.

Joke's on them when Kate kid # 2 is like that kid in the Omen, pushes Will down a flight of stairs, and we end up with the coronation of King Harry the Ginger, the First of His Name.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Never say never
\

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

ActusRhesus posted:

Joke's on them when Kate kid # 2 is like that kid in the Omen, pushes Will down a flight of stairs, and we end up with the coronation of King Harry the Ginger, the First of His Name.

Thus continuing the modern day streak of awesome British royalty.

on a related note...

The queen is growing shrooms in her garden. And no its not a metaphor.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Never say never
\

See but this time the heir apparent married a commoner who was not divorced. Less of a scandal for the royal family, not that anybody gives a gently caress after Charles and Diana.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

See but this time the heir apparent married a commoner who was not divorced. Less of a scandal for the royal family, not that anybody gives a gently caress after Charles and Diana.

Does anyone in England still give a gently caress about any royal not named Elizabeth II?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

Does anyone in England still give a gently caress about any royal not named Elizabeth II?

Bloody peasant.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

From talking with several Brits, Americans definitely care more about the Royal Family than the English do.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

William does all the PR work while the world fawns over he and the wifey like pathetic fanboys/girls. Harry smokes browns with attack helicopters.

Harry > William and Kate combined.

Didn't William fly CASEVAC in Afghanistan? Maybe not smoking browns but that's pretty loving close.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Speaking of Charles it's going to be an awkward moment when everyone patiently waits for him to abdicate after his mom dies.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Speaking of Charles it's going to be an awkward moment when everyone patiently waits for him to abdicate after his mom dies.

I hope he doesn't.

For the lulz.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ActusRhesus posted:

For the lulz.

ban this sick filth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

ban this sick filth

Oh, come on. Charles not abdicating would be the best IRL troll job ever.

or would just prove the monarchy is now irrelevant when no one decides to give a gently caress.

• Locked thread