Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
The Gold headset is pretty good, I use it for all my listening-to-stuff needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

If I was still single I might have tried this. I could imagine the look I'd get when she came home and seen me yelling into a mic stand in the living room. The golds aren't the best quality but they're good enough. I don't regret buying them at all.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
I'm using the dinky little mic that came with my PS4. :whatup:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I bought a Turtle Beach P12 headset and I'm told it has good mic quality. I use it on my PC as well. They don't squeeze my head and give me a headache which is nice. Got them for $65.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Puddin posted:

Im in the same boat, sure I could just buy a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable and run it through the contoller but the cable being positioned in the bottom make it wierd to hold.

Thats the one thing I think they should have done differently on the ds4, have the headphone jack at the top.

No way, putting it at the top would be worse with the cable dragging the front of the controller down like when you're trying to use and charge it. It would also have to wrap back towards you which means a better chance of catching on poo poo with the loop.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mash posted:

Yeah this works perfectly just for chatting and simple communications.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
The only time I've actually chatted during a multiplayer game I've used the headset provided in the box and it worked for meTM

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Obsurveyor posted:

No way, putting it at the top would be worse with the cable dragging the front of the controller down like when you're trying to use and charge it. It would also have to wrap back towards you which means a better chance of catching on poo poo with the loop.

Yeah they way the did it is by far the best solution.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

ipad might have controller support for games but streaming games from your ps4 is something that you need an experia model for or so i've been told.

You can use remote play from any rooted Android 4.4 device now actually.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/ps4-remote-play-t2929147

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Mash posted:

Heads up, unless you're like, playing with headphones on or something, everyone you play with can hear everything in the game your playing. That little mic is super sensitive.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

superh posted:

Heads up, unless you're like, playing with headphones on or something, everyone you play with can hear everything in the game your playing. That little mic is super sensitive.

That's true, but the PS4 can be set so that the headset plays both the game audio and the chat, and since you're plugging it into the pad anyway, it's simple to fix.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Got my delivery of http://www.dx.com/p/silicone-anti-skid-covers-for-ps4-3d-controller-grey-10pcs-286508 , ordered because I felt sceptical about spending $10-$15 for 2-4 fancily decorated ones.

They work very well for my fingers who previously were happy to slip off the DS4 sticks (GTA5 Yoga and so much more) and you should probably buy a bag of them. Don't waste your money on grossly marked up branded fancy looking stuff.

e: and they still work fine when they've gotten sweaty, so much better than withou them (Pinball Arcade Black Knight 2000 test)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 15, 2014

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

superh posted:

This is extremely true. My buddy uses his still and had the flu recently. I had the pleasure of hearing every little noise that his sinuses made.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

superh posted:

Yeah, when I use that I turn the volume on my tv down to like 3 just so I'm not echoing in everyone else's ears. It's kinda funny knowing who got a supply drop in CoD since the sound of opening it comes out of the controller and is really loving loud. Also I haven't played CoD in like a month, too many games...

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Has anyone here actually played Battle Islands? Noticed it in the free-to-play section a while back but don't remember any kind of fanfare whenever it was actually released...

If so, what's it like?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Stux posted:

well to use proper headphones and a normal mic all you need is a splitter, which is like a couple of dollars. then you just plug in headphones and mic separately like you would on a pc. harton asked about using a proper microphone as well and so i just laid out how you could do it if you could be bothered. also a shure sm58 isn't an "audiophile" thing, its just a good and cheap recording mic.

there is a difference between audiophile (which would involve all sorts of dumb poo poo like valve amps and $100 cables) and just wanting good sound quality.

Do you have a suggestion for a good pair of wireless headphones with a mic around $50-100?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Thranguy posted:

Has anyone here actually played Battle Islands? Noticed it in the free-to-play section a while back but don't remember any kind of fanfare whenever it was actually released...

If so, what's it like?
A consolized version of Clash of Clans please pay us money.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In case people didn't hear:

DmC and Devil May Cry 4 both announced for PS4. DmC is getting a fully remastered edition with balance tweaks, new modes and a bunch of extra poo poo as well as all DLC. This includes the inclusion of popular PC community mods.

DMC4 is only just a brief announcement but will include Virgil from DMC3, probably as a playable character.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Including popular mods? Wonder how the legal situation on that works out.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Awesome news. I haven't played either of those games...next up, PORT OVER THE MASS EFFECT TRILOGY ALREADY!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So are DMC4 and DmC sold separately or are they bundled together?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

DmC and Devil May Cry 4 both announced for PS4. DmC is getting a fully remastered edition with balance tweaks, new modes and a bunch of extra poo poo as well as all DLC. This includes the inclusion of popular PC community mods.

DMC4 is only just a brief announcement but will include Virgil from DMC3, probably as a playable character.

If the DMC 4 on the PS4 will have the PC version additions it will be wonderful, but I do wonder if the PS4 would manage Legendary Dark Knight Mode with Turbo on.

Policenaut posted:

I hope not, but I don't think there's any info yet - DMC 4: Special Edition was literally a 10 second "And one more thing" addition at the end of DmC:Devil May Cry Definitive Edition trailer

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 15, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They both had PC ports right? Must be easy/cheap(?) to put it on PS4.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
DMC4 Vergil Editon. Hellz yeah.

Yes both DMC and DMC4 had PC versions that were a godsend.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

We're going to be seeing a lot of these PS3->PC->PS4 cashgrab ports next year. Brace yourselves

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Seperately.

Electromax posted:

Including popular mods? Wonder how the legal situation on that works out.

It looks like they're including the EFFECTS of popular mods (i.e: able to damage colored enemies with any weapon, triple-jump, ect) but not the mods themselves.

Szurumbur posted:

If the DMC 4 on the PS4 will have the PC version additions it will be wonderful, but I do wonder if the PS4 would manage Legendary Dark Knight Mode with Turbo on.

The DMC 4 PC port runs well on a toaster. They can almost certainly make it run well on a PS4.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

arbybaconator posted:

We're going to be seeing a lot of these PS3->PC->PS4 cashgrab ports next year. Brace yourselves
I don't necessarily see a problem with this as long as the pricing isn't too bad. $40-30 MSRP versus $60.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Both are pretty fun Devil May Cry games in spite of what fans say, but both come with caveats: DMC4 recycles a ton of areas/bosses and DmC is really easy for this genre.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Surlaw posted:

Both are pretty fun Devil May Cry games in spite of what fans say, but both come with caveats: DMC4 recycles a ton of areas/bosses and DmC is really easy for this genre.

They are apparently adding a new difficulty mode to DmC though so I'm sure it can be ball-bustingly hard if that's what you want.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I am happy with this announcement! especially all the combat tweaks.

That said nothing was touched on with my main problem gameplay wise. The Boss Fights in DmC are a little lack luster. I mean presentation is great for most of them, but the actual fights just bore me. Which is odd since the very first boss they have is actually pretty good. He moves around the stage, and has lots of fun ways to fight him. The other bosses literally stand still in the room and sort of attack your through the level.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Those DMC games weren't huge successes, right? It must be ridiculously easy to port games over.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I guess this double means no Dragon's Dogma 2. :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Genocyber posted:

I guess this double means no Dragon's Dogma 2. :(

that sucks this is the only good game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Those DMC games weren't huge successes, right? It must be ridiculously easy to port games over.

DMC4 was the best-selling DMC game and sold 2,900,000 copies. It is Capcom's 11th best selling game of all time. It is the best-selling game Capcom has not named Resident Evil, Monster Hunter or Street Fighter.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

DMC4 was the best-selling DMC game and sold 2,900,000 copies. It is Capcom's 11th best selling game of all time. It is the best-selling game Capcom has not named Resident Evil, Monster Hunter or Street Fighter.

And they decide the best move after producing their best selling DMC game of all time is to make a reboot starring punk rock dante.

Capcom problems.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Twibbit posted:

I am happy with this announcement! especially all the combat tweaks.

That said nothing was touched on with my main problem gameplay wise. The Boss Fights in DmC are a little lack luster. I mean presentation is great for most of them, but the actual fights just bore me. Which is odd since the very first boss they have is actually pretty good. He moves around the stage, and has lots of fun ways to fight him. The other bosses literally stand still in the room and sort of attack your through the level.

Per the Pesky Splinter's post in the DMC thread, apparently those are new features:

quote:

60 fps and 1080p resolution — It looks and feels super smooth to play.
Uprezzed Graphics — Including textures, characters, and cinematics.
Big Bundle of Content — The game includes DmC: Devil May Cry, plus all released DLC: Vergil’s Downfall campaign, 3 Dante skins, 3 Dante weapon skins, and the item finder.
New Skins — 2 new character skins. Devil May Cry 1 Dante and Classic Vergil.
Turbo Mode — Turbo Mode returns to the Devil May Cry series, with the game running 20% faster in this mode.
Hardcore Mode — Hardcore mode retains the experience of DmC, but with a throwback to the classic Devil May Cry games in terms of balance. In this mode, which can be toggled on all difficulty levels, the style system has been rebalanced to make ranking up much harder and ranks deteriorate much quicker. In addition, Devil Trigger doesn’t launch enemies into the air, parrying takes more skill, and all enemies hand out more damage.
Manual Target Lock — We’ve seen more requests for this than any other feature! The manual target lock works as closely to the classic Devil May Cry lock on as possible and has fully configurable controls.
Vergil Bloody Palace — Only second to Manual Target Lock in terms of the number of fan requests! This is a new Bloody Palace mode featuring 60 levels and Vergil as the playable character.
Must Style Mode — This is a hardcore modifier on an epic scale that can be played over any difficulty level. Players must be at an S rank or higher to deal any damage to enemies.
Gods Must Die Difficulty Mode — This is DmC Definitive Edition’s hardest difficulty mode. It takes DmC’s ridiculously hard Dante Must Die mode and adds a touch more punishment: All enemies spawn with Devil Trigger active and no items or health drops can be used.
Rebalanced and Retuned — We’ve studied fan feedback and made a whole host of tweaks and balance changes. The style system has been rebalanced, as have bosses. Exploits have been fixed in combat and some of Dante’s moves rebalanced, such as the Demon Evade. Gameplay tweaks have been made following hardcore player testing; frames have been removed from Kablooey shots, Parry/Evade windows adjusted, and collectibles, keys and doors redistributed.
Integration of Popular Community Mods — DmC Definitive Edition includes community mods such as an optional timer disable for Bloody Palace Mode, a triple dash for Angel Evade, and the ability to hit red and blue enemies with any weapon.
New Cutscene — an added cinematic scene that never made it into the original.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ColdPie posted:

Do you have a suggestion for a good pair of wireless headphones with a mic around $50-100?

no, no good headphones exist with a built in mic. wireless headphones are also bad in general. namaste

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
The best part of the DmC definitive edition is the classic Dante and Vergil skins

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

ImpAtom posted:

Huh! How about that. Still seems like it must be pathetically easy to port these games with how many definitive editions we're getting.

C'mon, FROM, gimme Dark Souls 1 when you guys bring DS2 over, a la Bayonetta on Wii U. Or whoever's porting DS2. Make it happen.

Also, MGS Legacy Collection. Then I can sell this PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

^^^
e. I wouldn't be surprised to see a MGS collection on the PS4.

So is this DMC thing what the Dragon's Dogma guys were hinting at? I hope not.

• Locked thread