Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm actually having fun with Star Wars Black.

Impressive. Most impressive. But you are not SH Figuarts, yet.

Obi-Wan never told you the truth about yo momma...

You were right about me, Luke... tell the guy at Wallgreens... you were right...

Boba Fett? Boba Fett? Where? All I see is Greedo and Slave Leia.

RWWAAARRGGGHHH

You don't drop a moon on Chewie, he drops a moonsault press on you!

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
"M-mom.. MOM! Go AWAY, I'm taking pictures of my toys, I'll come to dinner soon"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dont actually play with your figures.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rirse posted:

I was at Toy R Us today checking my hours for next week and they had about five of the Batman with the Blu-Ray on the shelf out. Guess they were just put up today...I bought one for myself. :toot:

gently caress.

:(

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Vintersorg posted:

You guys just wish you had as much fun as him.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Bushifox posted:

You guys just wish you had as much fun as him.

I just don't want to explain to my wife what I'm doing and why I'm not wearing pants. I don't need that right now.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I don't actually like... bang them together or make noises or some poo poo. I'm just posing them. If you're not going to put your figures into different poses, you might as well just get statues.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
just flickin' you poo poo man, it's fun to see the photos.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The figure I 'play' with, is that NECA 2014 Godzilla. Every day I put funny hats on him or make him hold things, so when I wake up, I wake up with a drat smile.

:colbert:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

That said, while they have double jointed knees and can get their legs into pretty much any pose I want, their elbows are pretty limited, as is Darth's shoulders. Also, I have no idea if their hands will come off without breaking them. I tried lightly tugging them a bit, it felt like they wouldn't budge and I stopped.

Because well, it wouldn't be Star Wars if nobody got a hand chopped off.

Come to think of it... I think someone loses an arm or hand in literally every movie. Goddamn.

Louisgod posted:

just flickin' you poo poo man, it's fun to see the photos.

it's coo

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In related news to Michael Keaton Batman, the NECA 8-Bit Batman is awesome. Looks like a piece of pop art.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also, I have no idea if their hands will come off without breaking them. I tried lightly tugging them a bit, it felt like they wouldn't budge and I stopped.

Han comes with an extra pair of hands. Doubt they would retool just for that one figure, so they probably can come off. I'll test that theory on my sand trooper and report back, cause what do I care if one breaks...nameless soldiers are replaceable.

Edit: Nope! Tried it with Sand Trooper, Boba Fett, Vader, RotJ Luke, and Bespin Luke (didn't want to unpack any more)...they're all glued in quite well. Looks like you only get to cut Han's hands off...which is a shame because that's the perfect feature for Bespin Luke to have!

Future Son fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Dec 12, 2014

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Vintersorg posted:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Future Son posted:

Han comes with an extra pair of hands. Doubt they would retool just for that one figure, so they probably can come off. I'll test that theory on my sand trooper and report back, cause what do I care if one breaks...nameless soldiers are replaceable.

Edit: Nope! Tried it with Sand Trooper, Boba Fett, Vader, RotJ Luke, and Bespin Luke (didn't want to unpack any more)...they're all glued in quite well. Looks like you only get to cut Han's hands off...which is a shame because that's the perfect feature for Bespin Luke to have!

It's odd that they didn't include that, as removable \ swappable hands are pretty standard fare for action figures. (Hell, the vast majority of Japanese figures come with a ton of different hands.) Even the old '90s 3 3/4" POTF2 figures had hands that popped off.

One nice surprise about Vader is not only does his helmet come off, it's a two-piece one! I didn't realize it until someone told me, because the facemask plugs into the helmet very securely. His cape and robe are also very nice.

However sadly his arm articulation is pretty limited at the shoulders and elbows and his hips are pretty loose. And maybe I'm just spoiled by Japanese toys, but he really could use a couple extra hands. Although his left hand works well for gesturing, choking people and holding his saber two handed so it's a fair trade. He could definitely use a clenched fist though, as he has the habit of shaking his fist dramatically whenever he says something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Awesome, thanks, gonna stop by there on my way home to see if they have him and I didn't want to wander around aimlessly and look like a huge loser. If I'm going to wander into a children's toy store in a nice pair of slacks and dress shirt I need to look like I know what I'm doing god dammit

It's Christmas season, you can get away with spending time in toy stores and buying anything you want for yourself.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hot Toys Starlord is out in Asia. This is the final production version.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Amazon is having the marvel legends guardians of the galaxy figures on their lightning deals. Drax is up right now, rocket in about an hour, then nova, and gamora later tonight. 13.50 sounded good to me so I jumped on it. I think the iron man is running at about 8 bucks too so today is a good day to finish up your set.

Drax/Bautista

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Joe Fisto posted:

If I had the spare cash I would jump on this so fast and leave him in this pose.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vintersorg posted:

If I had the spare cash I would jump on this so fast and leave him in this pose.

He needs the short jacket and appropriate hands for a dance-off, bro.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Bushifox posted:

Amazon is having the marvel legends guardians of the galaxy figures on their lightning deals. Drax is up right now, rocket in about an hour, then nova, and gamora later tonight. 13.50 sounded good to me so I jumped on it. I think the iron man is running at about 8 bucks too so today is a good day to finish up your set.

Drax/Bautista

Yeah they've also had Guardians Wave Iron Man for $8 and Boomerang for about $7; I picked up a few of those. Most figures on ToysRus, Walmart, and Target are knocked down to $15 or less, including Black Cat and Hydra figures. If you're just looking for Groot, you can always chance it with a probable China knockoff:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Groot-PVC-Action-Figure-Toy-Movies-TV-Toys-8-20CM-MVFG251/32241723004.html

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I saw a ton of all-white "prototype" Boba Fetts in my local Walgreens, but to me it just looked like a paint-your-own Boba Fett kit. Maybe I'll get one for that purpose sometime.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I saw a ton of all-white "prototype" Boba Fetts in my local Walgreens, but to me it just looked like a paint-your-own Boba Fett kit. Maybe I'll get one for that purpose sometime.

I thought the prototype Boba Fett was blue?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

I know I'd be pretty depressed if I was Bob Fett. Especially considering what they retconned into his past.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Joe Fisto posted:

ugh. I want that so bad... how many hundreds of dollars is it?

Guardians is my new favorite movie, I just love everything about it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Anora posted:

Everytime I see it, I want the Rocket/Groot Sideshow figures more. :(

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

boom boom boom posted:

You might be thinking of first appearance/Holiday Special Fett, where his armor is a light blue and yellow.

Only just now replying to this message have I found out that there's a difference between Concept Art/McQuarrie Fett and Prototype Fett. McQuarrie's original concept art of Fett had him all white, but in different armor and even a different helmet along with the classic look.

But I apparently missed the video that was released that showed Boba Fett, in his legit armor, all white, while they were filming ESB.

I always thought the Black 6" Proto Fett was just a really lazy repaint/attempt at the McQuarrie Fett. Sadly, I'm more interested in the Black Series Proto Fett (which I've passed over many times now) now that I know it's not just a lazy attempt at the McQuarrie look.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Anora posted:

I still haven't seen it and at this point I'm afraid to because I don't have enough money to spend buying the whole group.

edit: My phrasing is unintentionally really close to the Chris Pratt/Andy Dwyer meme.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Anora posted:

$234.99 which isn't TOO bad.

Or you can do flex payments, 4 months at $58/month.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-star-lord-hot-toys-902219/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Everytime I see it, I want the Rocket/Groot Sideshow figures more. :(

Those are Hot Toys too. Sideshow is their U.S. distributor or something, but also make their own stuff. Sideshow itself only does statues though I think, even though they call some of them figures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Sideshow does 1/6 figures as well.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

ShimSham posted:

You might be thinking of first appearance/Holiday Special Fett, where his armor is a light blue and yellow.

Only just now replying to this message have I found out that there's a difference between Concept Art/McQuarrie Fett and Prototype Fett. McQuarrie's original concept art of Fett had him all white, but in different armor and even a different helmet along with the classic look.

But I apparently missed the video that was released that showed Boba Fett, in his legit armor, all white, while they were filming ESB.

I always thought the Black 6" Proto Fett was just a really lazy repaint/attempt at the McQuarrie Fett. Sadly, I'm more interested in the Black Series Proto Fett (which I've passed over many times now) now that I know it's not just a lazy attempt at the McQuarrie look.

You reminded me how sweet the 4" figures they did a couple years ago based on McQuarrie's concept art were. I'm love to get Black versions of those. I think I have all of them except Luke, who was a convention exclusive and super hard to find.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Fish Of Doom posted:

You reminded me how sweet the 4" figures they did a couple years ago based on McQuarrie's concept art were. I'm love to get Black versions of those. I think I have all of them except Luke, who was a convention exclusive and super hard to find.

I have the C3PO and R2 set of those. I love the Metropolis/Deco look of them both, and I'd willingly splash out for Black versions of them.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aphrodite posted:

Those are Hot Toys too. Sideshow is their U.S. distributor or something, but also make their own stuff. Sideshow itself only does statues though I think, even though they call some of them figures.

I just know it's advertised to be sold on Sideshow, I'm bad at collectibles. :saddowns:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys 1/4 scale Boba Fett.

Good night.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 15, 2014

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Rumor has it that Hot Toys will debut the Hulkbuster armor and Thanos on Friday

They put up pics for AOU Iron Man earlier. It's a palette swap IM3 suit

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Dec 15, 2014

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hobby Link Japan has a huge sale on some figures, most notably the SH MosterArts Aliens.

http://www.hlj.com/product/ban985255/Act - Big Chap

USD $16.68 (64% off)

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?...onster+arts&c=c

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Anyone still looking for those neca batman bluray combos? They had them at my Toysrus and i picked up two extra.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Blackchamber posted:

Anyone still looking for those neca batman bluray combos? They had them at my Toysrus and i picked up two extra.

How much?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Djarum posted:

How much?

I think that's more of a shipping question. Like i dunno if it'd fit in the small priority box unless i took him out of the package what with the bluray. So whatever the next size up is if you wanted it complete and i dunno how much that is off the top of my head. Base price plus paypal fees plus shipping. Shits not rocket surgery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like the Mother Box is gonna be $60

quote:

DC COMICS MOTHER BOX PROP REPLICA
Now you can own your own sentient, miniaturized, portable supercomputer and feel like you are one of the New Gods with this intricately detailed prop replica. Just don't expect it to be able to actually open a "boom tube" and transport you to New Genesis.
WITH LIGHTS AND SOUND!
Measures Approximately 8.75" Tall
$59.95 US • On Sale July 2015 * Allocations May Occur

I'm down. It'll look cool in my case of goofy props.