Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angela Christine posted:

- as a wool merchant, imps may make fun of you. :ohdear:

who taught you how to groom sheep so well? :reddit:

im j/k its good advice for people that still care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Kevlar Beard posted:

Name is Rukte, I'm on Aranzeb.

I'll be on practically all night, just message me.

Enjoy your land dude, transfer went smoothly. Glad to pass it on to someone who is enjoying the game!

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

On a related note, I've got a fully built thatched in Marcala and a 16x scarecrow farm in lilyut hills that are just going to rot and fade away. Before I uninstall the game, does anyone want either?

E: aranzeb west

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
I was in the CTS chat talking with someone about to get their large farm and disconnected. The other goons working with him were angry with the disappearance, especially after I cut down all my trees, but you can make it up to me by performing the following video. This is how little I feel about the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htWFMyKSy8o

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

LegionAreI posted:

Enjoy your land dude, transfer went smoothly. Glad to pass it on to someone who is enjoying the game!

Thanks! Merry Christmas!

(I love you)

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

ThaGrandCow posted:

On a related note, I've got a fully built thatched in Marcala and a 16x scarecrow farm in lilyut hills that are just going to rot and fade away. Before I uninstall the game, does anyone want either?
If we don't have anyone who is still looking to place their first farm I'd love the lilyut property please. My larder empire needs to grow! I'm Blackbird in game.

Speaking of larders, when I first tried them out they seemed like such a monumental waste of time and money, but now that the price of other stuff has gone bonkers these are actually an incredible source of money and are far easier than farming the land. I'm still laughing at the people making aged salve larders though.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Just checked and you weren't online, I'll log back in later this afternoon and look for you.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

InternetJunky posted:

If we don't have anyone who is still looking to place their first farm I'd love the lilyut property please. My larder empire needs to grow! I'm Blackbird in game.

Speaking of larders, when I first tried them out they seemed like such a monumental waste of time and money, but now that the price of other stuff has gone bonkers these are actually an incredible source of money and are far easier than farming the land. I'm still laughing at the people making aged salve larders though.

I have my farming farms and my day-long crops plus larders farms. Sitting in my two crowns farms harvesting whatever is growing looking at the guy making two crowns aged salve and wondering if you could get a more terrible larder. Maybe marianople salve?

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

ThaGrandCow posted:

Just checked and you weren't online, I'll log back in later this afternoon and look for you.
I should be online for the next few hours at least. Who are you in-game?

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Unguided posted:

I've gone back to Star Trek Online to laugh at broken people who throw tantrums when I stand next to them.

1) there is a STAR TREK MMO?? How did it not make billions off of ravenous trekkies? Aren't they huge supporters of anything Star Trek?

2) why would people get mad about you standing near them? wouldn't they be more likely to roleplay the Star Federation with you? (Captain Kirk? Federation? not gonna look it up but I feel like I got that right.)

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Star trek online is a horrible game that ends up into a grind.

The only redeeming feature is that there are roleplayers to grief and hate it when you get close to them. They are always in the same station too.

I tried joining the goon group there and their spy master kicked me out of their chat channel in game then told me to post in the thread despite having like 5 goons vouching for me.

Welp that is my story.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Star Trek Online is actually kind of fun to play, though. Piloting a spaceship around shooting lasers and torpedoes and mines and science magic is great.

ArcheAge is a lot of grind work pretending to be fun.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Dude rolls up on me offering to buy my 16x16, please pay extra for appraisal certs yall:

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Rip, double post.

+ 300 gold, looks like I'll be able to afford my farming cart sooner than I thought

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

atlas of bugs posted:

1) there is a STAR TREK MMO?? How did it not make billions off of ravenous trekkies? Aren't they huge supporters of anything Star Trek?

Actually, it did and still does make a lot of consistent money. Just not phenomenal amounts, which in part is due to Atari having done their level best to devalue the poo poo out of Cryptic for no understandable reason back when they owned the studio (and the game at the time). PWI, for all their faults, understand how ridiculously easy it is to make cash on STO and Neverwinter and both do very well (and yet still manage to have a pretty alright f2p monetization scheme as these things go).

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Sittin on my new pimpmobile in front of my cheese factory - thanks Iron Legion.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Star Trek Online is jumping off a ledge in full dinosaur power armor as an orion slave girl firing a phaser minigun into a genetically engineered TRex with lasers sticking out of its head, then winding down afterwards by making someone lose their poo poo in local chat because you're standing next to them in a spacesuit as you're afk catching up on the TVIV Star Trek thread.

Its an okay way to kill time.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Do the goons still try and do decontamination raids on the RP station with the fire extinguisher?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Byolante posted:

Do the goons still try and do decontamination raids on the RP station with the fire extinguisher?

No need. Simply standing still in the same room as them is enough to send some pubbies into a frothing rage.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

STO pubbies are unfathomably broken people. You can get the same reaction out of a person just deploying a practically free disco ball in game as to destroying a billion isk ship in EVE

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Berke Negri posted:

STO pubbies are unfathomably broken people. You can get the same reaction out of a person just deploying a practically free disco ball in game as to destroying a billion isk ship in EVE

This is an incredibly true statement - if anything you are understating how broken they are.

While there is a giant warehouse of horror stories I'm just going to present this single piece of evidence to the jury:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ODkn-Pkox0

The goon take on the same incident:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV807_1i6CA

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Zizi posted:

Actually, it did and still does make a lot of consistent money. Just not phenomenal amounts, which in part is due to Atari having done their level best to devalue the poo poo out of Cryptic for no understandable reason back when they owned the studio (and the game at the time). PWI, for all their faults, understand how ridiculously easy it is to make cash on STO and Neverwinter and both do very well (and yet still manage to have a pretty alright f2p monetization scheme as these things go).

They do not, they are super grindy and pretty much require you to gamble the system to become super rich or to pay real money. It's really bad in Neverwinter and getting there in Star Trek since they figured out how much they could get away with.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

So what are the threats on the open sea?

Now that I'm swimming in gold (not really), I kinda want to look into buying a better ship to make intercontinental trades...

I'm just not sure what's stopping me in terms of like pirates, monsters, etc.

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

DancingShade posted:

While there is a giant warehouse of horror stories I'm just going to present this single piece of evidence to the jury:

Haha holy poo poo I started skipping forward and just after 10:30 in the video: "if this was Florida I would have already shot these people dead."

:eyepop:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That video has made my day.

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
That is a guy using a voice filter right?

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Kevlar Beard posted:

I'm just not sure what's stopping me in terms of like pirates, monsters, etc.

Pirates. Monsters.

If you are 50, the monsters (jellyfish which shoot goop at you and seabugs which jump on your ship and chew up lowbies) aren't really an issue. Pirates will be an issue at any level. Most people do trade runs at off-hours to minimize risk.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Poistiant posted:

That is a guy using a voice filter right?

It's kind of got that sound, doesn't it?

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Sounds like a nerdy teenage boy whose voice hasn't fully changed using a filter.

By the way I'm trying to sell or trade Breezy Bungalow/Marine House plans. Looking for gold or merch boat plans (with extra gold from me). These things are great (huge 24x24 aquafarm that you can easily access, pack storage, easy to load from), but I don't really need two. There are still spots open in pretty much every zone; I will show you where. Let me know if interested.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/12/12/massivelys-best-of-2014-awards-biggest-mmo-disappointment-of-t/

Archeage is up for an award on Massively and barley beating out WildStar right now. I know I can depend on this thread to get out the vote.

balistafreak
Oct 30, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I want to take this person fishing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey I logged into Trion's forums for the first time this month. This has already expired by the way - it was a two week forum ban if memory serves. By BrandGuru the "marketing director" of course.

:ironicat:

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

DancingShade posted:

Oh hey I logged into Trion's forums for the first time this month. This has already expired by the way - it was a two week forum ban if memory serves. By BrandGuru the "marketing director" of course.

:ironicat:

New contest: Highest infraction points wins!

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Current state of affairs: The OP needs an update.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Tanreall posted:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/12/12/massivelys-best-of-2014-awards-biggest-mmo-disappointment-of-t/

Archeage is up for an award on Massively and barley beating out WildStar right now. I know I can depend on this thread to get out the vote.

If I'd never played AA I would have voted for World of Darkness. Its close, but I voted for ArcheAge.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Are there any builds that use two handed weapons and plate armor besides Darkrunners? I don't really like the shadowplay tree..

I really like the look of the higher levelled plate sets, but I can't actually find a build for two handers that doesn't use shadowplay. Maybe a bard of some type?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I think darkrunners wear leather.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

Kevlar Beard posted:

Are there any builds that use two handed weapons and plate armor besides Darkrunners? I don't really like the shadowplay tree..

My alt is a 2H Axe wielding plate wearing Abolisher. He basically wrecks everything he sees (early 20s). I ignore the shield talents in the defense tree.

e: And he can kill normal mobs without dismounting. The horse basic special is something like 350% melee attack. I highly recommend getting one.

nelson fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Dec 17, 2014

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

DancingShade posted:

This is an incredibly true statement - if anything you are understating how broken they are.

The goon take on the same incident:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV807_1i6CA

this is insane

but literally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Did anyone else just get a "servers will be coming down in 60 minutes" message followed almost immediately by being disconnected and unable to log back in? Grrr. That wasn't 60 minutes!

• Locked thread