Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I wish they had put fake fireball in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nodoze posted:

I wish they had put fake fireball in this game

Cody has a fake fireball.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Alright, thanks for all the answers. I'm still wrapping my head around this frame data stuff. I mean, I understand the basics like what "+4 on hit" means, I'm just now actually trying to learn HOW a move becomes that.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Static Rook posted:

Alright, thanks for all the answers. I'm still wrapping my head around this frame data stuff. I mean, I understand the basics like what "+4 on hit" means, I'm just now actually trying to learn HOW a move becomes that.

Basically the difference in hitstun (the number of frames the person getting hit is stuck in their "getting hit animation" and can't block) and the recovery of the move in question. If a move does 20 frames of hitstun and has 20 frames of recovery, it's 0 on hit, because both players recover at the same time. If there were only 15 frames of recovery it'd be +5. There's some other things that factor into it, like hitstop, which is basically when the game "freezes" to emphasize hits and to make hitconfirming easier. I'm not too knowledgeable about the SF4 engine but I'm told it's not exactly very precise, and hitstop length can be different for the attacker and defender in some cases, which throws a wrench into things when trying to do math with just the available frame data. The only important part honestly is knowing the startup and advantage of moves, not necessarily the active/recovery frames and amount of hit/block stun.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
All animal costumes from the next release

http://imgur.com/a/t4JmM

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Waynebo posted:

They are all so dumb and I love it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

USFIV Omega Move List (in japanese)

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/images/renew_usf4/system/omegalist.pdf

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

CaptCommy posted:

I don't really think this is enough, but having low invincibility back on sobat makes him playable again. So hooray for that!!

It sure as gently caress doesn't move him up from last on the tier list. They gave us lk sobat back, which is a good thing, but he needed much more love on his normals to be competitive. Ex upkicks hitting crouchers, but not all the time it seems? I'll take it.
I'm much more excited about Hondas cr.lp and cr. lk damage buffs, and ex hands moving forward, letting you keep charge is going to be some insane combo material.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
:wow: Patch is out. :wow:

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

If you want to know what the future of street fighter will be, imagine Gen kicking Ryu in the balls... Forever

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
That Omega mode sure looks broken... Was it not expected though?

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
yeah but not in the form of st.lk chain cancel infinites

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jebeebus posted:

yeah but not in the form of st.lk chain cancel infinites

why limit infinites to character specific high execution combos, they are just balancing the game

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

The only thing better than killing people with the gen infinite is getting the life lead and then making them block it for 90 seconds.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
New TRIALS! YESSSSSSSSSSSS

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Are there even 20 things Hugo can do? What do his trials look like?

khorma
Jun 23, 2011
He has a variety of clap combos and meatsquasher combos. I think his combo potential isn't too high but it's definitely workable for trials.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hugo's trials are hilariously easy. The first 12 are moves and the other twelve are link, claps, and claps into U2.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I assume there's no new titles along with these

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Waynebo posted:

I'm glad Busuzima could make it for the Bloody Roar crossover

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
The distance nerf on Gief's LP greenhand is pretty hilarious. He might as well not even move.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
In Omega, Vega's jabs are no longer one frame links. I am spraying cum. I can do bread and butters in my sleep now.

Also, cosmic heel hits twice. Scarlet terror is no longer down back charge, just back.

edit: I can't pick up my mask

Foppish Yet Dashing fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 15, 2014

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Rufus's omega throws are 180 damage wowie zowie how unprecedented

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Holy poo poo Omega Abel goes right to his grabs instead of doing his rekka, and his heavy rekka is a wall-driving slam, and his marseille roll has been replaced with a charge tackle.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.

Suspicious Cook posted:

I'm glad Busuzima could make it for the Bloody Roar crossover

adon is a chameleon because

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Trying out the new trials and I'm stuck on Decapre 20. How does Fox Tail into U1 work? The down-forward doesn't work with the ultra motion, and it doesn't look like Fox Tail gives me enough time to get a full charge.

vvv welp I am retarded. :downs: Thanks!

Vanrushal fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 15, 2014

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

You do the psycho stream first and then do fox tail just before it hits.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Haha Omega mode Cody has his 4-hit combo and spinning crack kick from Final Fight.

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!
I tested Deejay for a second and holy poo poo, the new EX-MGU totally does keep your opponent right next to you. You can get H.up-kicks afterwards super easy.

Also Omega Juri is crraaazzzzzyyy. Her store motion becomes this ridiculous little burst that's so fast it lets you cancel out of normals like you're C.Viper and throw fireballs like you're a normal person. So much fun.

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Blanka's new c.mk seems pretty good.

And Juri no longer builds meter. That's uh, that's quite a change capcom. Why'd you guys do that.

All the new trials seem really easy, I don't why but I was expecting some really crazy poo poo, but they seem toned down from super.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Cody having throw invulnerability on level 2 and 3 zonk knuckle is hot. Shame you can't FADC level 3 into ultra 1 though.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhxweIyqFEk

Decapre doesn't need down charge for her anti-air U2 :shepicide:

Puzzle Thing
Dec 12, 2006
Your life is as steak!

Roguelike posted:

And Juri no longer builds meter. That's uh, that's quite a change capcom. Why'd you guys do that.

I feel like the buffs to meter gain on hit and block mostly make up for it? I didn't really feel like I had less meter to play with, and I do alot of fuha-swapping.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOLxWG7DJug

Classic Capcom.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Heh

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Was literally just about to post that same thing. That's...Capcom.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Ryuga Death posted:

The distance nerf on Gief's LP greenhand is pretty hilarious. He might as well not even move.

But how can I be an online scrub if I can't spam LP greenhands all day? I don't even know how to press a button on the right side of the controller without doing at least a qc or dp on the left side first.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Got a weird 'dlc was corrupt' notice when I fired the game up after updating. Not sure what it corrupted, Ultra Trials are still there and functioning. They don't unlock anything, do they? That's just the normal ones?

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
so are the new trials only for the characters that never had any, or have the old ones been updated too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jebeebus posted:

so are the new trials only for the characters that never had any, or have the old ones been updated too?

everyone has new trials

its a new option in the trails menu, with the old trails, car crusher, and barrel buster.

• Locked thread