Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
My shift has ended, will be hoping for more positive info once I'm up...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
'A city reeling in the aftermath of 16 hours of terror' Welp gently caress off Virginia, that's my cue to turn your lovely show off

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Delingpole with a typically sensitive approach to #I'llRideWithYou

Those bloody lefties, always getting in the way of Real Men.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

ewe2 posted:

more like loving Dingleberry. What a gently caress head.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

First I've ever heard of Delingpole so I googled him a bit

quote:

Delingpole described himself "as a member of probably the most discriminated-against subsection in the whole of British society—the white, middle-aged, public-school-and-Oxbridge educated middle-class male," and followed with "The function of satire is not only to make us laugh, but also, with luck, to draw our attention to the things that are wrong with the world and help mock them into extinction."

Good to hear he's just a satirist I guess

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

This just seems to me like a new, shittier way for mentally ill and troubled people to commit suicide by cop.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

ewe2 posted:

Could have saved a lot of space by just calling people to the left of Farage beta faggots.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

xutech posted:

This just seems to me like a new, shittier way for mentally ill and troubled people to commit suicide by cop.
Any insight on how this nutcase managed to arm himself? I thought Australia was pretty strict about guns and this guy doesn't seem like he had the mental capacity to trick anyone into believing he was sane.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

xutech posted:

Yeah, seems like he was facing jail time and he decided he had nothing to lose. Crap for the hostages.... :(

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Any insight on how this nutcase managed to arm himself? I thought Australia was pretty strict about guns and this guy doesn't seem like he had the mental capacity to trick anyone into believing he was sane.

Probably bought it from a bikie gang, the sawn off shotgun is basically the bread and butter weapon of the common criminal here, because a shotgun is the easiest gun to get a licence for, and hence most commonly stolen.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Fruity Gordo posted:

'A city reeling in the aftermath of 16 hours of terror' Welp gently caress off Virginia, that's my cue to turn your lovely show off

This was literally me

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Oh hey the Herald Sun wants to out-moron the daily telegraph this morning

MaxwellsEquations
Oct 21, 2010

He achieved greatness unequalled
-Max Planck
Superfriends, assemble!
I wonder what Johnston's contributions would be? He isn't good at stressful situations :sweatdrop:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Fruity Gordo posted:

Fruity Gordo posted:

The immediate shift in editorial tone when you replace Jeremy Fernandez with Virginia Trioli is funny as gently caress, she's such an awful hack

Agreed. I remember when she was talking to students protesting Abbott at a uni, "Do you think youve wasted a oppportunity to have a conversation with the prime minister?" Come the gently caress on.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hooman posted:

Part the Final:

Why didn't you recycle it, you monster!

ewe2 posted:

Oh hey the Herald Sun wants to out-moron the daily telegraph this morning

Still waiting to see the Courier-Mail, but who's that guy in the lower left corner supposed to be?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
The guy responsible. Good profile here: http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/dec/15/man-haron-monis-sydney-siege-suspect

Came to Aus as an Iranian refugee in 1996. On bail after being charged as an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife. Radical self-styled spiritual leader. There's a lot of meat for the Hadley set in this.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

:cripes:

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...

Just about to post that.
I should be desensitised to his poo poo but he still manages to piss me off.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

SKY COQ posted:

The guy responsible. Good profile here: http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/dec/15/man-haron-monis-sydney-siege-suspect

Came to Aus as an Iranian refugee in 1996. On bail after being charged as an accessory to the murder of his ex-wife. Radical self-styled spiritual leader. There's a lot of meat for the Hadley set in this.

The bail thing is really that it was going to dismiss the charges as the case against him on that was paper thin. A lunatic he might be but that doesn't mean he's guilty of everything.

Meanwhile it came from facebook

quote:

Australia against ISIS
19 hrs · Edited ·

If your afraid to stand up to these kunts by not going to the city and fearing them or what they can do is weak and don't call yourself australian I'll fight if I have to I'll die if I have to this is my country no coward is gonna come here and do this and me stand by and do nothing stop calling me stupid because I'm gonna do something and retaliate because really your stupid for sitting down doing nothing its people like you scared ones who will be the reason our kids will wear burqas and speak Arabic in the future if people like me don't do nothing your not smart hiding your smart fighting.BTW CRONULLA WASNT PLANNED.

Quick spot the many many factual errors.

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
The host on the ABC morning show talking to his former lawyer about his bail is laughably stupid. The lawyer did a good job of smacking her down when she was implying he shouldn't have been bailed.

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Execu-speak posted:

The host on the ABC morning show talking to his former lawyer about his bail is laughably stupid. The lawyer did a good job of smacking her down when she was implying he shouldn't have been bailed.

Seriously, she's complete poo poo. The American she was just talking to was even worse, saying the police should've stormed the cafe much earlier.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
It came from Channel 7

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

Still waiting to see the Courier-Mail, but who's that guy in the lower left corner supposed to be?

The dead hostage taker.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
He doesn't know that spades and shovels are different things lol.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Let's call a thing a thing that it is not. We need to get real here.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Let's call a dinghy a catamaran. It is an army.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to
Just woke up and i'm shocked that this guy turned out to be muslim when it's a religion of peace.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Go back to sleep, you're not on your A-game just yet.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

Just woke up and i'm shocked that this guy turned out to be muslim when it's a religion of peace.

Don't do that.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Rent-A-Cop posted:

It's possible to get guns for hunting so he may have just bought a shotgun from a store, although he did have some sort of criminal record and might have got it illegally.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Well, time to brace ourselves for the fallout of this. Horrible that innocent lives are going to be used for political gain :(

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
:siren:DEATH CULT:siren:

gently caress you, Tony. I'd say you couldn't have hosed that up any more, but then you promised to talk more later. Great.

Smegmatron fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Dec 15, 2014

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Ah gently caress.Just when I though I would wake up to news that wouldn't cause some sort of reactionary bullshit. Here's hoping that there's nobody else harmed due to hate.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

SKY COQ posted:

It came from Channel 7

Ah good, I was going to post my copy, a few of us got screenshots before he deleted it. One of the retweeters was our old pal Peter Phelps who has similar rancid thoughtbubbles on his @peterphelpsmlc timeline.

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

CommieGIR posted:

Don't do that.

'Islam is a religion of peace' - Man Haron Monis on facebook last week.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Facebook is full of call to arms protest race war bullshit. gently caress.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

'Islam is a religion of peace' - Man Haron Monis on facebook last week.

Islam as a religion of peace doesn't exist in a vacuum. There plenty of other factors in play, notably in this case the mental health of a practitioner.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Stop replying to IWC, noted right wing middle class white man who pretended to be a five foot tall Lebanese woman.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Channel 7 just flat out calling it an ISIS attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-1000
Mar 28, 2010

SKY COQ posted:

It came from Channel 7

Fruity Gordo posted:

He doesn't know that spades and shovels are different things lol.
This is what happens when you cancel Burke's Backyard.

• Locked thread