Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, I mean it sold significantly less than its predecessor AND the HD collection of the old games
So what you're saying is it's as good as The Wonderful 101. :devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
About as good as Bayo 2.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
For a second I thought Pat was going to walk past that store room in TEW and my heart skipped a beat

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

CJacobs posted:

I still find it real funny that in 2014 you can't mention DmC without long-time DMC fans coming out of the woodwork to tell you how stupid you are for liking it.

Probably 'cause it's a garbage DMC game.

It's at least better than 2 though, so there is that.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

It's at least better than 2 though, so there is that.

Kamiya liked 2.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Lies, nobody liked 2.

Hell even story wise I think capcom even retcon 2 out of the drat game's storyline. :v:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Shindragon posted:

Lies, nobody liked 2.

Hell even story wise I think capcom even retcon 2 out of the drat game's storyline. :v:

I don't think they retconned it, they just set every game before 2.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Grand Cross posted:

Comp has been stuck in my head all day. Thanks, Matt.

Eneenee Meneenee Minemineneenee no.

WTF THAT'S NOT MY FAULT, IT'S WOOLIES

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I watched a little bit of Saturday Morning Scrublords, and from what I've seen so far, it's fantastic. I still have that and the Cryme Tyme LP in my Watch Later list for work this week, but I did manage to finish watching the Castlevania playthrough. Y'all should play through more NES games since it's the best console ever.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Charles Martel posted:

I watched a little bit of Saturday Morning Scrublords, and from what I've seen so far, it's fantastic. I still have that and the Cryme Tyme LP in my Watch Later list for work this week, but I did manage to finish watching the Castlevania playthrough. Y'all should play through more NES games since it's the best console ever.

Though they should make sure we can hear the music when they're talking about how sweet the music is

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

straight jerkers posted:

Though they should make sure we can hear the music when they're talking about how sweet the music is

That too, yeah. It didn't stop me from humming the music! The sound effects and music from the first half of the game are permanently etched into my brain along with a whole bunch of other NES music.

Last Year looks like a cool concept. I hope it turns out well.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

"Oh cool a statue, they get pretty excited for those! Wait where is Pat going, Pat why didn't you break the statue they're coming back for it right right... HOW" Is pretty much all I could think of during this. It was RIGHT THERE!

Also kudos to Matt, I was thinking of Ghoma the second it jumped to the ceiling

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love DmC because it always causes a bitter poo poo flinging fest every time it's brought up.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You know, I didn't realize Fight for NY was gonna be an ongoing LP 'til now for some stupid reason and that makes me very happy.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"Oh cool a statue, they get pretty excited for those! Wait where is Pat going, Pat why didn't you break the statue they're coming back for it right right... HOW" Is pretty much all I could think of during this. It was RIGHT THERE!

Also kudos to Matt, I was thinking of Ghoma the second it jumped to the ceiling

And Pat talks about them missing stuff as they miss stuff. Perfect.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

hoobajoo posted:

And Pat talks about them missing stuff as they miss stuff. Perfect.

I've seen a lot of complaints about this for Evil Within (and yes there is the letterboxing problem that's not helping), but Pat's always been really bad about completely blowing past obvious items. I really enjoy his LPs, but that's something that always drives me crazy and it's nothing new.

Also I really want to see the "excuse me" picture that he mentioned someone making. :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I have not watched the piece of media where he mentions its existence yet but presumably he's talking about this

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Kimmalah posted:

I've seen a lot of complaints about this for Evil Within (and yes there is the letterboxing problem that's not helping), but Pat's always been really bad about completely blowing past obvious items. I really enjoy his LPs, but that's something that always drives me crazy and it's nothing new.

Also I really want to see the "excuse me" picture that he mentioned someone making. :v:

To be clear, I'm not complaining about it, I think it's really funny. The reality of an LP is that it needs to move quickly or the guys just talk about unrelated topics to fill gaps as nothing happens, so they're just going to not see stuff. And they've spotted a few things I didn't see, so I gotta be fair on that count.

Grand Cross
Dec 10, 2014

TheRealestMatt posted:

WTF THAT'S NOT MY FAULT, IT'S WOOLIES

He only brought it up because you hate it. It's clearly your fault. :v:

CJacobs posted:

I have not watched the piece of media where he mentions its existence yet but presumably he's talking about this

Wow, I just noticed the Race War joke on the bottom there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hoobajoo posted:

To be clear, I'm not complaining about it, I think it's really funny. The reality of an LP is that it needs to move quickly or the guys just talk about unrelated topics to fill gaps as nothing happens, so they're just going to not see stuff. And they've spotted a few things I didn't see, so I gotta be fair on that count.

Yea Pat missing things can be a little annoying but I'd much rather go 'dude the statue's RIGHT THERE' than be bored shitless as he obsessively backtracks and covers every nook and cranny to get a 100% run because gently caress that poo poo, I don't wanna watch that.

Plus I agree it can be pretty funny when it happens exactly as he's saying 'so yea we're not gonna get all the collectibles' and poo poo.

Grand Cross
Dec 10, 2014
Woolie's having all kinds of bad luck in the new Dark Souls video. It's beautiful.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea Pat missing things can be a little annoying but I'd much rather go 'dude the statue's RIGHT THERE' than be bored shitless as he obsessively backtracks and covers every nook and cranny to get a 100% run because gently caress that poo poo, I don't wanna watch that.

It's me. I'm one of these people, which is why I'm hesitant to do any LPs. The video will become a meta-battle between my OCD and the viewer's boredom.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
Pat better be prepared to take back what he said about those Marth Amiibos:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Next-Jin Engine posted:

HOLY poo poo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh mannnn they'd only shown the Zoro, Sanji and Luffy suits before, but jesus christ that Brook, Robin, Franky and Usopp costumes are perfection

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zoro, drop your shield and pick up more swords, what are you even doing?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Pro move, holding the master sword in his mouth.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Franky as DK makes this entire Amiibo concept worth it.

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013
Guy in charge of choosing pairs made a smart move not-combining Chopper with Pikachu, lest he create the Mascot of Mascots.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Solaris Knight posted:

Franky as DK makes this entire Amiibo concept worth it.

Yea there's a lot of good poo poo there, but DK Franky is the best by miles.

Also I 100% agree with Pat that going back to the first level at the end of the game all powered up and badass is mad satisfying.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Next-Jin Engine posted:

Guy in charge of choosing pairs made a smart move not-combining Chopper with Pikachu, lest he create the Mascot of Mascots.

And made the not so smart move of giving chopper a Kirby colonoscopy hat

Next-Jin Engine
Dec 7, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Ehh, it's a hat from Mii Plaza. Like, one of only two ways Nintendo will let you rep Kirby in Streetpass.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

It's actually not a hat.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Unfortunately all that I can see now that Capt. Invictus has mentioned it is the small reindeer man shoving his head into Kirby's huge, gaping rear end in a top hat. And boy Kirby is absolutely pleased about it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The weirdest word repeated in both Bombcast and Friendcast: jigger and variations of it. Even on the same topic, which was DMC.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'm also wondering which Xbone games are essentials, at least so far.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
KI
Sunset Overdrive
Dead Rising 3 Hyper HD Deluxe Edition X'
D4
Super Time Force

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Speaking of xbones. I can't wait to see what the hell scalebound is and I hope they don't stealth release it like D4.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Next-Jin Engine posted:

gently caress, I just got sold on Amiibos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CJacobs posted:

Unfortunately all that I can see now that Capt. Invictus has mentioned it is the small reindeer man shoving his head into Kirby's huge, gaping rear end in a top hat. And boy Kirby is absolutely pleased about it.

Happy to help! :)