Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I like my Enutrof!

Water seems very natural to it and as long as you inform your team where mines are there isn't much of an issue around that.

Feca so far is confusing as gently caress though but i'm only lvl 8ish.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm feeling pretty good about my newish Feca, the utility and the spells go nicely together.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Goon Name List GoogleDoc As I push the contact list to the new page: just a note, I'll power level anyone to 33+ if you message me. Just takes about 10 fights and some walking to 1-2 islands?

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 14, 2014

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
http://forum.wakfu.com/en/249-server-status/179948-beta-server-update-12-12-14

beta update. Most likely this means it will probably hit later in the week.

key changes:

Gobup: The spell can be used once per turn. Osamodas can no longer summon more than one monster contained in his Gobgob per turn.

Portal: The spell will evolve as follows: The cost will be at 3 AP at level 3 instead of level 6. The Range will be at 3 max at level 6 instead of level 9. It will be without a line of sight at level 9.

Damage and Resistances: The final Damage and final Resistance characteristics will no long modify the value of the non-modifiable lost HP.

scaterry fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 14, 2014

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Item Previewing: It will now be impossible to display an item you do not own in the chat by using this interface.

.... this is just being a dick, honestly.
[edit] Today:

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Dec 14, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So I got on one of my old Nox characters today, Astilabor, and the last time I'd fed my pet was 12/8/11. That means it has literally been over three years since I touched her.

Amusing.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Well, the beta patch looks like another chance to possibly get heroes!

But seriously why do they need to poop on my poor summoner :(
Maybe I'll start summoning one at a time to practice.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Didn't get much in today been busy with SF4 tournie will see you guys tomorrow though!

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Roasted dragoturkey is today's thing... haven worlds apparently going on auction, pubbie guild is going for one... :D

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SpiDeR posted:

Roasted dragoturkey is today's thing... haven worlds apparently going on auction, pubbie guild is going for one... :D

good luck.

Today's one is the christmas present with the eye.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
LOL... it's a week long, all the bids are 4,000,000+ on Nox...

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Haha thats more than some kingdoms in revenue.

Im a bit busy till January so I'll try and be on but I won't be around much.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So seeing as mid-level Osas are about to be given the middle finger and their war chief stolen away, I've decided to give the middle finger back and find someone to powerlevel Cyllix to 99+ where the next decent summon is said to reside. I flipped some of the Steam stuff on the market to have about 200,000k on hand for bribery, so if anyone knows a good leecher for hire, please lemme know.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Valatar posted:

So seeing as mid-level Osas are about to be given the middle finger and their war chief stolen away, I've decided to give the middle finger back and find someone to powerlevel Cyllix to 99+ where the next decent summon is said to reside. I flipped some of the Steam stuff on the market to have about 200,000k on hand for bribery, so if anyone knows a good leecher for hire, please lemme know.

If you're on Nox, I've got a bro close to level 50 who is about to be hit super hard by this. :v:

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

quote:

osas getting screwed

Give Keshatock a ring in Wakfu or just message me http://steamcommunity.com/id/scaTerry/.

I'll be on around 6-9PM EST to help out. Don't need to pay jackshit since you need that mad dosh for end game 100+ equipments.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

scaterry posted:

Give Keshatock a ring in Wakfu or just message me http://steamcommunity.com/id/scaTerry/.

I'll be on around 6-9PM EST to help out. Don't need to pay jackshit since you need that mad dosh for end game 100+ equipments.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'm probably not making it around until 8 or so tonight, but I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
This event kinda sucks... cuts you down to lol hitpoints (-74% from my Sram's total) then you have to deal with scarier switch/grab/push gimmicks from mobs that I guarantee outmove you. Santa pieces are quest drops but you get no less than a dozen things to crap up your inv. Just once I'd like a food item that stops half the bullshit negative buffs... I'll probably drive myself mad by detailing what I dislike about this game. Derp.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

SpiDeR posted:

This event kinda sucks... cuts you down to lol hitpoints (-74% from my Sram's total) then you have to deal with scarier switch/grab/push gimmicks from mobs that I guarantee outmove you. Santa pieces are quest drops but you get no less than a dozen things to crap up your inv.

I had all my characters do the first couple things where you're basically getting free experience for clicking stuff, but after maybe two of the holiday battles I was done. The powerset that replaces your actual powers is godawful and I'm not overleveled enough to just roll over the enemies anyway.

re: Osa changes, is the selection really so dire at mid levels that I'll never win a PvE battle again without being able to instantly summon five of the same flying death sheep everyone else is using? My Osa's not even 30 yet so at the moment this won't affect me at all, and I'm not sure how to prepare for the future. At least the free respec coming up will give me a chance to tidy up my spell experience from when I was experimenting with different stuff, even if I don't switch to a majorly different build.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

mushroom_spore posted:

re: Osa changes, is the selection really so dire at mid levels that I'll never win a PvE battle again without being able to instantly summon five of the same flying death sheep everyone else is using? My Osa's not even 30 yet so at the moment this won't affect me at all, and I'm not sure how to prepare for the future. At least the free respec coming up will give me a chance to tidy up my spell experience from when I was experimenting with different stuff, even if I don't switch to a majorly different build.

Summon OSA is still good. Dragon OSA is ok. The OSA changes are purely PVP based since the wild gobbal damage was too good and spamming minions was the only way to play osa in PVP

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

scaterry posted:

Summon OSA is still good. Dragon OSA is ok. The OSA changes are purely PVP based since the wild gobbal damage was too good and spamming minions was the only way to play osa in PVP

Awesome, thanks. :) I'm still too new to the game to really see past the wall of rage on the Wakfu forums to sort out how stuff like this will actually affect me in levels I haven't reached yet.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
Hey guys im going to give this game another try, still messing around with the basic classes and trying to make my mind up what to play.

Man the animation in the game is fantastic. The whole art style is gorgeous.

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
Someone change the thread title to make fun of the fact that this game has seen more revivals than Les Miserables or something to that effect.

Goons leave and Goons come back but the Wakfu never changes...

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Been busy here and there but the latest calendar thing is the two little jello cubes.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I rolled an Enutrof on Nox and have been having a lot of fun with the water skills. I chose earth as the secondary but that may have been a mistake. It hasn't been nearly as useful as water.

If anyone knows of a good Enu build, please let me know. I have a ton of points I still haven't spent.

Also, for some reason the game tries to tell me that none of you exist when I try to add people to my friends list from the gdoc. I hope it's a bug because I know I can't be -that- bad of a speller.

Edit: Don't tell me it won't let me add people unless they're online at the same time as me...

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Inimicul posted:

Edit: Don't tell me it won't let me add people unless they're online at the same time as me...

You got it!

Also my alt is an enu, all I really know about points is you want one point in mine mover and a bunch in geology. The one that gives damage from prospecting is probably good too.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
So, what do I do with my old gear? I'm drowning in Piwi gear and the like. I read something about 10 pages back about turning them in somewhere for points but I'm not sure where that post was or if that's even a thing anymore.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
For points? Zug? But in all seriousness, if nobody buys your poo poo on the blackboard or you don't craft it into something or you don't make 5 bank alts or have 10 equipment shops on your market tabs... you're just going to have to throw that poo poo on the ground. Player-based economy is a fancy way of saying that if nobody's buying, that poo poo is worthless. I made 25 wells during the +50% craft XP weekend and they don't stack and they didn't sell.

In other news, I'm giving away free wells :P

VVVVVVVV

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 17, 2014

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Inimicul posted:

So, what do I do with my old gear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Don't just throw gear on the ground. Take it to a runic recycler and grind it into powder, which you can use to make upgrade runes for gear you actually use. The powder can be upgraded in both level and quality tiers (2 lower tiers -> 1 of the improved tier) so having thousands of tier one powders isn't a complete waste of time, either.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

mushroom_spore posted:

Don't just throw gear on the ground. Take it to a runic recycler and grind it into powder, which you can use to make upgrade runes for gear you actually use. The powder can be upgraded in both level and quality tiers (2 lower tiers -> 1 of the improved tier) so having thousands of tier one powders isn't a complete waste of time, either.

honestly, dont do this either. the only point of getting gems is when you hit end game equipment and best in slot gear needs perfect gems to get extra damage or extra initiative. When you are that point, you get way more dust per equipment recycling by just running some high end dungeon for drops and dusting those drops. Low end gear? see if you can get a full set and then stash it for later. Maybe down the road you have an alt that can use it.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
As a person who has spent hours and hours in the actual haven gem dungeons getting loot from 5 characters and spending a long-rear end time grinding them into powder only horde it and eventually fold it upwards into a few class 10-11 gems, it was a lot of effort for not a lot of payout when you can buy a few garbage level 100 items on the market to break. But, you could say it's something that you could do I guess :iiam:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
smashing takes forever too.

Prolly best to just throw it on the ground.

As Enu I've been going crit % chance a little in init rest in dodge, HP to 20% then started to work on resistances.

Resist + damage

I haven't spent my lvl 25 point yet not sure what I want to use there.

As I too like water a lot I got my dhriller pet up to like lvl 6 so he can move 4 spots and grab stuff for me easy as well as moving mines, allies and myself!

Then i put a bit into geology to get 4 mines on the field and a 20% chance to get a gold mine.

THen into the +prospecting +dmg for prospecting.

Really enjoying it so far but conservative with my points for when I redo them.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
... damage+prospecting = useful first, IMHO, due to the absolute grind nature of quest/craft materials. I had 4 enu's going through the gem dungeons and they had double the Otamai Hunters quest rare boss drops than all the other characters I did that with. Too bad the 'diagonal' thing got 'fixed' because Firedamp Explosion was awesome.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Well, I personally like smashing my reject gear, as its kind of fun to watch the powder counts build up. Plus every so often I make four karma when someone actually buys one of my odd numbered powders I store on the nearby blackboard.

Also, I'd probably take a well. I assume I can cram it in my haven bag?

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

inkmoth posted:

Well, I personally like smashing my reject gear, as its kind of fun to watch the powder counts build up. Plus every so often I make four karma when someone actually buys one of my odd numbered powders I store on the nearby blackboard.

Same, it's basically a few free stat points every time I upgrade my gear and at least you're getting some use out of poo poo that doesn't sell. :buddy:

inkmoth posted:

Also, I'd probably take a well. I assume I can cram it in my haven bag?

Yeah, they're identical to world map wells except in a far more convenient location. I don't know if they're limited to crafting squares only, but that's where I have mine.

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
you can put it on that merch square even, it's got real restraints... but whatever... I seriously have a ton, some come bug me.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
I have an IOP.

Because pancakes. Because thats what my enemies are after I punch them.

named HardKase on Nox. What nation are we all in?

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
There's not a lot of coordination at the moment... I'm in Sufokia because 2 friends joined it and I just picked it w/o looking. The "+ fishing xp" is stupid as hell. But whatever.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Nations don't really matter that much past level 60 nowadays. Especially since nation bonuses were entirely reworked so every nation has equal nation bonuses, with no stupid stuff like 'well bonta gets +15% earth damage, but only +5% fire damage' .

If you straight up only care about bonus +5% stuff Bonta is the way to go. It has like 35% of the population apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
Sufokia is the land of beaches and margaritas and therefore is superior to all others. :coolfish:

• Locked thread