Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Does that mean we get a third Hogan or did pre-orders just get the character early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Is the WCW Pack part of the Season Pass?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TheJoker138 posted:

Is the WCW Pack part of the Season Pass?

Nope!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Two thirds of the Jersey Triad :smith:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Well then gently caress them.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Hang on, I'm out of the loop: the pre-order/collector's bonuses of Sting and Hulk Hogan also weren't available until now? How on earth can you delay a loving pre-order bonus!?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

pressedbunny posted:

Hang on, I'm out of the loop: the pre-order/collector's bonuses of Sting and Hulk Hogan also weren't available until now? How on earth can you delay a loving pre-order bonus!?

No, they were out. Now they're just on sale to everyone.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Ah, fair enough. Though then you get into the "why the hell should anyone pre-order or buy the expensive vesion" thing.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

pressedbunny posted:

Ah, fair enough. Though then you get into the "why the hell should anyone pre-order or buy the expensive vesion" thing.

That's a legit question in any context.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

pressedbunny posted:

Never pre-order anything.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Well yeah, I preach that myself. But I mean, how does a company pitch pre-orders to anybody when they sell the pre-order incentives later anyway? How does 2K expect to make up the important pre-order numbers for next year if everyone knows they can wait for the game to come out, check reviews, check extensive gamepay videos, see how the game is handled post release and then still get the same 'bonus' that somebody who pre-orders gets?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

pressedbunny posted:

Well yeah, I preach that myself. But I mean, how does a company pitch pre-orders to anybody when they sell the pre-order incentives later anyway? How does 2K expect to make up the important pre-order numbers for next year if everyone knows they can wait for the game to come out, check reviews, check extensive gamepay videos, see how the game is handled post release and then still get the same 'bonus' that somebody who pre-orders gets?

They also routinely sell the pre-order bonus every year as DLC. Honestly it is more annoying when you can't get pre-order DLC later though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't mind when they sell pre-order DLC later because if I pre-ordered that means I got it earlier and for free.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah, normally the pre order bonus thing kind of makes sense since when they do sell them later they're the only thing not included in the season pass. You get extra poo poo early and for free since you wanted it on day one so bad. But now that half the DLC isn't a part of that it all kind of feels pointless.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
At least they animated the Diamond Cutter correctly

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

When did Colt Cabana get blonde hair? :v:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7-zibrjZIE

BANG!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

That DDP model looks loving awful.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

That DDP model looks loving awful.

What the gently caress is going on with it's hair? Jesus gently caress.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Seriously, they must have been like "No one is going to pick any of these fuckers except probably Luger, so let's not even try." Especially DDP.

Who did he piss off?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Copper For Lyfe posted:

You're forgetting the bit where in your match, you have 3 minutes until Nash interferes in your match by attacking your opponent. Followed by your 2nd enemy a minute later who will also attack your opponent. I think even a 3rd dude would interfere at the 5 minute mark attacking your opponent. There was definitely always interference right on the 3 minute mark though.

I also have vague memories of big show watching in the distance in those date scenes you could do with the divas.

Also somehow you'd end up holding all the belts, and would end up in like 5 matches on the ppv (both world titles, both sets of tag titles and a mid card belt).

Yeah, I do remember that. It was always at those points they'd run in. You'd be wrestling, then all of a sudden the camera would zoom out a bit, and you'd wonder what was happening. Then you'd look at the time and realise "Oh yeah, it's time for some interference". I seem to recall that it was sometimes enemy, ally, enemy, but regardless of what alignment they were, they'd stay in the ring for about a minute, do their stuff, not cause a DQ, then leave the ring and stand on the outside doing nothing, essentially leaving the match as it was in the first place.

The backstage stuff reminds me of another thing. The way you won backstage fights was three knockdowns and then your grapple was an automatic finisher. Problem was, you only had one minute to do it in or the fight got broken up and no-one won, so it was best to have a knockdown strike like a superkick and then do the grapple, because the default backstage grapple was a tackle into punches that took forever. In addition to this, if the timer ran out while you were doing your finisher, it was an automatic draw. Long story short, don't have Striking Combination 02 or whatever it was as a finisher, because it takes about 15 seconds to complete and pretty much guarantees that you'll tie the fight.

Also, to unlock the music and entrance videos to play in the theatre mode, you had to spend part of a day stealing from that particular wrestler, which would then play the amazing scene of your wrestler walking in all shiftily, looking around, rummaging through the target's bag, and then leaving (all the time with some shady music playing as it happens). Sometimes they'd find stuff, sometimes not, sometimes there'd be someone telling them to get lost.

That game was stupid, but fun.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
They've given up on hair tech now that they don't have to do Triple H's.

I do appreciate they've had to make a knock-off of the Smells Like Teen Spirit knock-off, though. And it is nice to finally have a proper Diamond Cutter animation; hopefully that stays for next year when (again, hopefully) the game is halfway decent.

Looked up Paige, too. Uh... yeah. Thought I made a mistake and was watching the 360/PS3 version, but apparently not.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

pressedbunny posted:

I do appreciate they've had to make a knock-off of the Smells Like Teen Spirit knock-off, though. And it is nice to finally have a proper Diamond Cutter animation; hopefully that stays for next year when (again, hopefully) the game is halfway decent.

Looked up Paige, too. Uh... yeah. Thought I made a mistake and was watching the 360/PS3 version, but apparently not.

She looks like a toddler. Like her head is too big for her body in the same way toddlers heads are.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

pressedbunny posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6At0wUnKqI

Doesn't look that terrible in motion. Maybe it's just bad dimple-tech?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Facial capture is still weird, especially where face meets neck - any dude without a strong chin in LA Noire hit the uncanny valley so hard they left craters that became lakes.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Here's a page of some awful wcw DLC faces.

http://m.imgur.com/a/7uLNl

Does Yukes/2k know that thq is gone now and no one will yell at them anymore for putting effort into something?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

AlmightyPants posted:

That "scream" is pretty funny, though.

"Ok now, we need you to scream here. But we're all really bad at sound mixing, so if you could just kind of make the sound you make when you're screaming, but really softly, that would be great."

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm still buying that for DDP and I haven't even touched the game since release week because DDP owns forever.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Snacksmaniac posted:

I'm still buying that for DDP and I haven't even touched the game since release week because DDP owns forever.

Well that and you can pick up a far superior DDP CAW I'm sure in about two minutes of searching.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

pressedbunny posted:

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

It's free real estate.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

This is a CAW from WWE 2K13

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
you should post PS3/360 DDP too. That CAW's face looks like crap btw.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

AlmightyPants posted:

that paige in motion actually looks a lot better than most of the other womens models

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Played a match with her and she might actually be the best animated character in the game. The weird crawl up her opponent thing she does looks exactly like she does it in real life.

As a side note, I gave my CAW the scorpion cross lock and her music, and then played a match with him in career mode and have made up my mind: This game sucks.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I like that you can push dpad up and she screams

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Daniel Bryan posted:

I like that you can push dpad up and she screams

I don't like that they seem to have only gotten one take of her screaming and use it for everything.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I wish WWE 13 [attitude one] was on 2K14's base. The pin glitch and the slow down was a game killer, but had killer content :(

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

simosimo posted:

I wish WWE 13 [attitude one] was on 2K14's base. The pin glitch and the slow down was a game killer, but had killer content :(

One of the best rosters too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

MisterGBH posted:

One of the best rosters too.

And Smackdown oval tron, and WWF Heat (with the old logo) - argh why did it have poo poo AI and broken poo poo.