Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Meatwave posted:

I discovered that Amazon is selling 6 loving pounds of Zatarain's Mustard for $15.60.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006UCUG1K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was just going to buy a couple of 5 ounce jars for the same price.

Great, what the gently caress am I going to do with six pounds of mustard.

Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

All out of the 6lb. I guess I'll have to settle for the 3.9lb for 20 bux

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Leonardo Da Vinci by Artibras.

It's a massive treasure trove. It weighs 11 pounds. It has over 1,500 illustrations and covers the wide range of fields he worked in.

Too drat big to take anywhere though. Reading it is an ordeal, like you're a wizard looking up spells in a harry potter movie.

I have some expensive watches, but i've been into old LCD watches lately. It's good to enjoy a watch for reasons other than it being cool or having prestige.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

ChocNitty posted:

I have some expensive watches, but i've been into old LCD watches lately. It's good to enjoy a watch for reasons other than it being cool or having prestige.

My Xmas present to me.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

I got my second day of Kwanzaa bullshit from Cards Against Humanity. It was a bunch of stickers.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

spookygonk posted:

My Xmas present to me.

I love my 360, good choice.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I just got a giant order of chinese food delivered, if that counts. :D

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aardvark Barber posted:

I just got a giant order of chinese food delivered, if that counts. :D

Hope you got a giant order of TP too

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

New kicks. New Balance Minimus MX20 Cross Trainer.

I've had a bunch of different ones so far, best shoes I've ever trained in.

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude

PCOS Bill posted:

Hope you got a giant order of TP too

good one, because food makes you poop

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Over the last few years, I acquired too many bits in the process of building out a home hardware set. However, I've never gotten a good, cheap driver to use the bits because I just have a bunch of 4 way screwdrivers.

Until now:

I don't even care about the 50 included bits. The driver is ratcheting, which is nice, but the important thing is a long, narrow shaft with a magnetic tip. $5 on Christmas sale. :getin:

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
That's what she said.

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Not everything you buy has to be brand new. I got a hold of this from eBay.

The best part is that it is fully functional. It can make and take analog phone calls. :phoneb::phoneline::phone:

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

I haven't worn T-shirts with things written on them in years, nor would I have thought that I'd break this streak with merchandise from a YouTube channel, but Thug Notes is just really goddamn awesome.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Elite Dangerous was released for digital download. So that's todays purchase

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
Super Smash Bros edition Gamecube controller, with 15% staff discount :toot:

I wish I had known these were going to be a thing a few months ago. For not that much less than what I paid for this, I got a Chinese knockoff, where the C-stick is upside down, and the + pad is one giant, mushy button that I don't think even distinguishes between directions.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Aristophanes posted:

Super Smash Bros edition Gamecube controller, with 15% staff discount :toot:

I wish I had known these were going to be a thing a few months ago. For not that much less than what I paid for this, I got a Chinese knockoff, where the C-stick is upside down, and the + pad is one giant, mushy button that I don't think even distinguishes between directions.

Never, ever buy a knock-off GC controller. The original ones are so good getting anything else will only lead to disappointment. They aren't even that expensive.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
When I went looking for a GC controller all the brand new ones on Ebay were $40+, and then around that much in shipping costs. There's nowhere to buy them local :sigh: Except now of course, thanks to Smash Bros WiiU.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Aristophanes posted:

When I went looking for a GC controller all the brand new ones on Ebay were $40+, and then around that much in shipping costs. There's nowhere to buy them local :sigh: Except now of course, thanks to Smash Bros WiiU.

Oh yes, brand new ones. I purchased mine used. Yet that SSB GC controller is listed at 40$ for me on amazon so unless there's a discount it's not really cheaper than the white Wii ones. But yeah, these are great controllers and well worth the price of a Xbox 360 controller.

Mr_Angry
May 15, 2003
A severe disappointment
College Slice
Brought an Xbox One back with from a recent trip to the US to use where I live in Europe. Of course I know about the 110v and 220v differences so I had been using a step down transformer on my other consoles (Xbox 360, PS 3, Wii) for years without issue. With the Xbox One the power is inconsistent; sometimes the unit comes on but 75% of the time it is stuck in standby mode so after discussions with Xbox support I ordered an OEM (Microsoft) unit direct from their shipping location in Germany as I've never had success with 3rd party ones:

Yeah, I know, games are region free on the Xbox One but as most of my media is from North America having a North American console made more sense versus getting one in Europe and then not being able to play certain media or deal with the EU wireless regulations. In addition two nights ago I turned on my computer and heard an all too familiar "spin up, click, spin up, click" sound so:

Thankfully I have a RAID 5 setup for my data drive but I'm not chancing running for weeks without redundancy. Odd thing is before I got a motherboard that supported RAID I never had a hard drive fail on me but in the past four years I've had two drives fail. Thankfully 1 TB drives are so cheap anymore I'm not worried about the price--the data is far more important then the 40 pounds it cost to buy this.

Mr_Angry has a new favorite as of 14:28 on Dec 17, 2014

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude

I'm going to cook the gently caress out of a bunch of poo poo.

http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-YAC18-10-Cup-Uncooked-Cooker/dp/B004S9RR5U

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

Millow posted:

I'm going to cook the gently caress out of a bunch of poo poo.

http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-NS-YAC18-10-Cup-Uncooked-Cooker/dp/B004S9RR5U

seems expensive for a rice cooker. does it create gold?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Pukestain Pal posted:

Yes, and it sings too!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Pukestain Pal posted:

They're very good rice cookers. I've got the five cup version. It's got settings for different types of rice, as well as for things like oatmeal or congee (hell, it's got a cake setting). It heats evenly, so you don't wind up with under- or overcooked bits, and its temperature sensors do a good job of figuring out when to switch from "cook" to "warm," so you don't have to babysit it once it's going.

Fake edit: and it sings!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

zojirushi rice cookers are baller as hell. I got the 100 dollar 3 cup one and its awesome for a single dude

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude

SaltLick posted:

zojirushi rice cookers are baller as hell. I got the 100 dollar 3 cup one and its awesome for a single dude

I ended up going with the 10 cup version because it was $50 cheaper than the 5.5 cup version on Canadian Amazon. It might be overkill but I plan on using it to make slow cooker meals in bulk as well. I seriously can't wait for this loving thing to get here because I've been eating out and surviving off of sandwiches lately so I'm psyched to get back into eating cheap, easy and healthy food again.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I really want a Zojirushi water boiler, so I can just have press coffee anytime without waiting to heat water up. A man can dream.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Zojirushi products are amazing. They make a lot more sense than half the other poo poo in this thread.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ugly shoes to wear when I have to tour muddy gravel pits on the rain

(Hopefully?) nice boots to wear in general

And a can of bee poop to waterproof 'em.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

Sansa Clip Zip and a 64gb sd card. Really good with the rockbox thing installed.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
One of my favorite bands just released a limited run of official patches, so I picked one up.

EDIT: VVV The band is Tengger Cavalry. They're from China/Inner Mongolia so I give em a bit of a pass on having a lovely English logo.

A Fancy 400 lbs has a new favorite as of 01:43 on Dec 18, 2014

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

One of my favorite bands just released a limited run of official patches, so I picked one up.

IIengger rauafrD is my favourite too as well also!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Christmas present to myself! I've always wanted these. Adidas Eddy Merckx EM Comp Lows. Hell yeah.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 06:03 on Dec 18, 2014

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
I bought my first Playstation! This is for the fans :)

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Bought a cheap guitar to tinker with:

Harley Benton TE-80 from Thomann.de

Turns out it's a very nice guitar for the money (app. 170$). If I hadn't already decided that it was a project guitar, I might have left it as-is.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Pondex posted:

Turns out it's a very nice guitar for the money (app. 170$). If I hadn't already decided that it was a project guitar, I might have left it as-is.

What are you planning to do with it? Tinkering with things is always fun.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Bertrand Hustle posted:

What are you planning to do with it? Tinkering with things is always fun.

Mainly just teach myself guitar-setup and electronics. I going to shield the pickup-cavities and eventually mess around with pickup-configurations and whatnot. I might make a black pick-guard to replace the that weird tortoiseshell one.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

FiftySeven posted:

I bought my first Playstation! This is for the fans :)

I hope the 20th anniversary PS4 has to be put upside down in order to work

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Pondex posted:

I bought a $200 new Squire Telecaster like 6 years ago and have had numerous much better musicians then I comment on how good it played compared to way more expensive guitars. Perhaps Telecasters can do no wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Nutsngum posted:

I bought a $200 new Squire Telecaster like 6 years ago and have had numerous much better musicians then I comment on how good it played compared to way more expensive guitars. Perhaps Telecasters can do no wrong?

Teles are very nice for a lot of genres of music. They do kind of have a country-western aura to them that turns some people off.
There's also an absolute glut of cheap and good guitars on the market right now. So there's no need to buy an expensive guitar if you're willing to tinker a little with a cheap one.