Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The conversation Thea had with Chase on the phone also made him sound super clingy, judging by her saying "Just because we kissed that doesn't mean anything". So you imagine his end being "We kissed, why won't you go out with me now?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I dont know posted:

Thea was talking to him on the phone in the crossover episode. I hope hes gone, but I suspect he will be around for short pointless scenes for a while until he moves to a new city to join Carly and is never spoken of again.

I hope it's the same city since Carly moved to the Green Lantern's home city and I'm sure plenty of us know how that will turn out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who is Carly? I don't even remember a Carly.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Aphrodite posted:

Who is Carly? I don't even remember a Carly.

Diggle's S1 love interest. His brother's widow.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I cannot find it on the Arrow wiki, but when I was marathoning through Arrow there was something really glaring that didn't make any sense. There was an episode that ended with Ollie and Slade walking out out of Queen Manor and Oliver was expecting Diggle to shoot him.

We then find out Slade has just had Diggle captured.

Next episode starts with Diggle and his ex wife, in current time, before launching into a flashback.

How did he escape from Slade?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Drove away.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Valeyard posted:

I cannot find it on the Arrow wiki, but when I was marathoning through Arrow there was something really glaring that didn't make any sense. There was an episode that ended with Ollie and Slade walking out out of Queen Manor and Oliver was expecting Diggle to shoot him.

Next episode starts with Diggle and his ex wife, in current time, before launching into a flashback.

He had some dude hold Diggle at gunpoint until he could drive away I thought? Maybe it wasn't super obvious from the cuts though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/EmyHKxj.png
:eyepop:
High quality

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 16, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Valeyard posted:

He didn't. Slade didn't capture Diggle, he just the guy knock him out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

poo poo, I wonder if that's s promo shot or just a fan-made thing that he really liked.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
It's really well made, but I doubt it's official.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

poo poo, I wonder if that's s promo shot or just a fan-made thing that he really liked.

"We have some very clever fans."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's a fan thing as he says in the tweet about it.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That's a really awesome "fake".

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Diggle was only knocked out. It was either Isabella or Helena that did it (depends on if Birds of Prey aired before ir after that episode).

E: that image is also fake because if it were official, the showrunners would not be posting it so early, and we'd have hit maximum hype in this thread.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Dec 16, 2014

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Valeyard posted:

He was just knocked out, although it was definitely designed to look as though Slade had kidnapped him. My guess is they wanted to do an episode about Ollie getting him back, but then someone came along and said they needed Dig for the Suicide Squad episode so they dropped it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Scyantific posted:

Diggle was only knocked out. It was either Isabella or Helena that did it (depends on if Birds of Prey aired before ir after that episode).

E: that image is also fake because if it were official, the showrunners would not be posting it so early, and we'd have hit maximum hype in this thread.

Why would it be Helena?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

IIRC, a goon knocked diggle out from behind. A bit sudden.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

"We have some very clever fans."

Which basically confirms the Lazarus Pit theory. Otherwise he would have used some other adjective, like "talented fans" or "enthusiastic fans."

immoral_
Oct 21, 2007

So fresh and so clean.

Young Orc
Or he's just egging everyone on to keep talking about it for the month and a bit the shows going to be off the air.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

enraged_camel posted:

Which basically confirms the Lazarus Pit theory. Otherwise he would have used some other adjective, like "talented fans" or "enthusiastic fans."

I hope Barrowman engineers Ollie's return (being the one to retrieve his body from the mountain and being one to return from the dead already). It'd be a nice little twist to their relationship.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I can definitely see Barrowman saving him, with the idea that Thea would be really upset if he died as his reasoning. I mean, he is ~The Magician~ or whatever and faked his own death before. Would make sense that he'd know about the Pits.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

zoux posted:

I was wondering if anyone here had only watched the Flash and picked up Arrow after the crossover, and what they thought of it.

I'm a bit of an outlier! I watched part of Arrow way back in the day, but couldn't get through season one. I think I stopped right after the first two Huntress episodes. When the crossover happened, me and my friend (who I think had only seen a few random s1 episodes) went back and watched the episode right before the crossover (the Cupid one), and the episode after (the season finale).

What we collectively agreed on: show is funner than it was in season one, there's too many flashbacks and we don't care about most of them, and the DJ guy is like a self insert character that somehow escaped his fanfic. The phrase "Oh, and Roy's here too!" got jokingly thrown around a lot, as well. My friend had some trouble wrapping his mind around how much Arrow has turned into Batman (with the League and Ras and he's got a batcave and an Oracle and a black Alfred), but I didn't even really think about it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tell your friend that Green Arrow has been Batman since Mort Weisinger first conceived of him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Green Arrow is Batman except not sucky.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Thwomp posted:

I hope Barrowman engineers Ollie's return (being the one to retrieve his body from the mountain and being one to return from the dead already). It'd be a nice little twist to their relationship.

I have a feeling that this is what's going to happen, and when Oliver comes out of it he has amnesia or something so Malcolm tricks him into thinking he's his friend/mentor guy and trains him accordingly for some nefarious purpose.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bbf2 posted:

I have a feeling that this is what's going to happen, and when Oliver comes out of it he has amnesia or something so Malcolm tricks him into thinking he's his friend/mentor guy and trains him accordingly for some nefarious purpose.

"I had a son called Tommy who died. You died. Tommy is Thea's brother. You are Thea's brother."

See, he didn't lie!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

bbf2 posted:

Barrowman did say it was cold where he was filming for episode 14...

It's obviously him.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It's young League of Assassins trainee Bruce Wayne.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whizbang posted:

It's young League of Assassins trainee Bruce Wayne.

I think you mean Dark Orphan*

*NOT IN ANY WAY AFFILIATED WITH DC PROPERTIES BATMAN OR THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY

sonictempest
Oct 16, 2012
Something that randomly occurred to me - if Felicity used a database of people who had been arrested at some point in the last two years to determine that Oliver's DNA was on the arrow, then surely Thea's profile should also have come up when she ran the comparison. Wasn't she arrested for driving under the influence of Vertigo back in season 1?

And actually, given that Thea and Oliver only share one parent, how similar would their DNA be, anyway?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

sonictempest posted:

And actually, given that Thea and Oliver only share one parent, how similar would their DNA be, anyway?

25% :science:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

sonictempest posted:

Something that randomly occurred to me - if Felicity used a database of people who had been arrested at some point in the last two years to determine that Oliver's DNA was on the arrow, then surely Thea's profile should also have come up when she ran the comparison. Wasn't she arrested for driving under the influence of Vertigo back in season 1?

She wasn't arrested for a felony.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Barrowman set Ollie up against Ras because he knew Ollie would get the gently caress murdered out of him. The plan is to get Ollie's body and drop him into a Lazarus Pit, so when Ollie comes back all hosed in the head Malcolm can turn him/brainwash him/convince Ollie to work with/for him.

Macolm had Thea kill Sarah in order to get Ollie as a pawn. :unsmigghh:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WarLocke posted:

Barrowman set Ollie up against Ras because he knew Ollie would get the gently caress murdered out of him. The plan is to get Ollie's body and drop him into a Lazarus Pit, so when Ollie comes back all hosed in the head Malcolm can turn him/brainwash him/convince Ollie to work with/for him.

Macolm had Thea kill Sarah in order to get Ollie as a pawn. :unsmigghh:

yeah that theory is seeming more and more likely

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

I hope we get Ollie as the arrow vs Thea as a result. Make Ollie deal with killing his sister under the guidance of Barrowman

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

^^what does Merlyn get out of that scenario? Thus far, I believe that he actually does care for Thea. I mean, he has no respect for her personal agency and treats her as an object because he's sociopathic...but I don't believe they've given us any indication he wants her dead or is wiling to risk that happening. She's his only surviving child (that we know of.)

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

yeah that theory is seeming more and more likely

Possible. Or, he just wanted Ra's dead and/or Ollie dead, and hey, win-win.

Xealot fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 19, 2014

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Probably won't happen but if he spins it as Ra's fault it might drive Ollie harder than to kill Ra's

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

mrking posted:

Probably won't happen but if he spins it as Ra's fault it might drive Ollie harder than to kill Ra's

Ollie will never kill Ra's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

enraged_camel posted:

Ollie will never kill Ra's.

I think so, too. At most, Ollie might achieve some kind of symbolic victory, and make a point of not killing Ra's.

Ollie successfully killing Ra's is pretty much the least interesting possibility. I think I might have said this earlier in the thread, but it's true.

Xealot fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 19, 2014

• Locked thread