Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Generally, it's been very difficult to continue with an IP after it's been made into an MMO. It's also difficult to continue an IP after it goes into prequel mode. I'm really hoping TES breaks the mold though, I'd love to see the state of things a few hundreds years from Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

counterfeitsaint posted:

Generally, it's been very difficult to continue with an IP after it's been made into an MMO. It's also difficult to continue an IP after it goes into prequel mode. I'm really hoping TES breaks the mold though, I'd love to see the state of things a few hundreds years from Skyrim.

I just want the second war on the aldmeri :smith: After skyrim, would be satisfying as gently caress to get some major payback on them bitches. Hell, just set it in the aldmeri dominion and have a choice of joining the marauding invaders and burning the whole shebang to the ground :unsmigghh:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I thought next TES is in Hammerfell? I was really excited about desert Skyrim.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
So, I installed the Bookshelves Updated SKSE Script, and the books are all floating like 1 inch above the shelf. Agh.

Then I took my books away and tried removing the script, but the books still behave that way, even though I can only fit like 11 of them on a shelf like before! I get the feeling that I've hosed something up.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

The Real Foogla posted:

I thought next TES is in Hammerfell? I was really excited about desert Skyrim.

I really want the next tes to incorporate some of the surrounding areas. Skyrim would have been awesome if they had some of cyrodil hammerfell and highrock incorporated. Also after the 24th nordish village some variety would be nice. One of the things i loved about morrowind

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

vuk83 posted:

I really want the next tes to incorporate some of the surrounding areas. Skyrim would have been awesome if they had some of cyrodil hammerfell and highrock incorporated. Also after the 24th nordish village some variety would be nice. One of the things i loved about morrowind

As I recall, Skyrim shipped with heightmaps for all of Tamriel, so in theory one could mod them in.

If course, you still need to add literally everything else.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Huh. I just realized Skyrim has become somewhat of an end of year project. Every year when I finish classes at the end of November I find myself with a fuckton of time, so I download Skyrim, mod the gently caress out of it, play it violently for around a week or two, and then I get burned out come January and uninstall it in time for summer.

And now the time has come again. :v:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

TESO has not been massively successful so i wouldn't really worry

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I think I figured out why I was having some CTD issues earlier. Apparently, all my saves were missing plugins, even the vanilla save I made at Helgen before I even enabled mods. I couldn't figure out how that had happened until I realized I had used Gopher's video on MO to install SKSE. I put all the SKSE dlls into the data folder and loaded the scripts into MO as a plugin. So even with all plugins deactivated, I must have launched Skyrim from the MO SKSE button by force of habit. It would be best to not even launch Skyrim from MO until after I've made a vanilla save.

The stability guide posted earlier was a big help. I was able to set up SKSE to actually use the Memory patch, I set up ENBoost, and I'm using the Optimization project to reduce the strain on my system. After cutting some extraneous and/or script-heavy mods out of my load order, I'm expecting a much smoother playthrough.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

FutonForensic posted:

A huge limiting factor on more competition from appearing is budget--these games are basically single-player MMOs and require resources so immense and a division of labor so large, it can be easy (while still frustrating) to see how these games release as giant messes of code tenuously held together with wishful thinking.
True, but on the other hand the majority of bugs fixed by the unofficial patches are "some dev used a > instead of a < and didn't check what he did before submitting his work"-stuff. And poo poo like the fabulous backwards flying dragons that one patch introduced should not have made it past QA.

Canemacar posted:

I think I figured out why I was having some CTD issues earlier. Apparently, all my saves were missing plugins, even the vanilla save I made at Helgen before I even enabled mods. I couldn't figure out how that had happened until I realized I had used Gopher's video on MO to install SKSE. I put all the SKSE dlls into the data folder and loaded the scripts into MO as a plugin. So even with all plugins deactivated, I must have launched Skyrim from the MO SKSE button by force of habit. It would be best to not even launch Skyrim from MO until after I've made a vanilla save.
Launching Skyrim via SKSE when you don't have the SKSE scripts properly installed shouldn't cause CTDs. The only effect ought to be scripts from other mods that use SKSE functionality failing.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Raygereio posted:

Launching Skyrim via SKSE when you don't have the SKSE scripts properly installed shouldn't cause CTDs. The only effect ought to be scripts from other mods that use SKSE functionality failing.

I meant to say that my save had started to become unstable, leading to frequent CTDs. MO told me the saves in question were missing plugins. I was trying to work out if not including the script plugin for SKSE was what had caused MO to say that, and if it was responsible for introducing that instablity.

So, as I'm rebuilding my mod list, I had a question about two mods, each by the same guy. Does the Clothing and Clutter fix play well with other mods? The only part of the description that made me question it is the part that said hooded robes are removed and replaced with individual hood and robe components.

And is Complete Crafting Overhaul work ok with mods like SPERG and Morroloot 4th Era?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Canemacar posted:

I meant to say that my save had started to become unstable, leading to frequent CTDs. MO told me the saves in question were missing plugins. I was trying to work out if not including the script plugin for SKSE was what had caused MO to say that, and if it was responsible for introducing that instablity.

So, as I'm rebuilding my mod list, I had a question about two mods, each by the same guy. Does the Clothing and Clutter fix play well with other mods? The only part of the description that made me question it is the part that said hooded robes are removed and replaced with individual hood and robe components.

And is Complete Crafting Overhaul work ok with mods like SPERG and Morroloot 4th Era?

What plugins was it saying were missing?

CCO works fine with SPERG. Everything works fine with SPERG. Sperg isn't SkyRe or PerMa, it works fine with everything. Everyone need to quit worrying about that. :p

Anyhow, Bob Ross in Skyrim is now in Alpha :D

Try him out, let me know if it breaks anything. All he has is follower dialogue, no combat or incidental dialogue yet. (He's chilling in the Eldergleam Sanctuary.

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012
I am having trouble with skyui. i keep getting error 5, https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/SkyUI-Errors, and have no idea how to fix. It says i have to uninstall skyui and install it again, but how to uninstall it? Plz help

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

vuk83 posted:

I am having trouble with skyui. i keep getting error 5, https://github.com/schlangster/skyui/wiki/SkyUI-Errors, and have no idea how to fix. It says i have to uninstall skyui and install it again, but how to uninstall it? Plz help

Something else is messing with the UI files. On the left side list in MO double click SkyUI then go to the conflicts tab. and it should list what SkyUI files that are being overwritten and what mod is doing it. If you don't want that other mod to overwrite SkyUI's files move it on the left list to be above SkyUI. If you do want that mod to win the conflict there should be a toggle in game in the SkyUI menu to turn off the error message.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

This is probably a question that's been asked a bunch of times, but I never paid attention because I didn't need to know until now! Does Apocalypse spells play nice with SPERG, for that matter, are there any spell mods that do?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Davoren posted:

This is probably a question that's been asked a bunch of times, but I never paid attention because I didn't need to know until now! Does Apocalypse spells play nice with SPERG, for that matter, are there any spell mods that do?

Most spell mods should work if they've been coded properly and use the same keywords that SPERG looks for.

Specifically speaking, SPERG and Apocalypse should work just fine.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Agents are GO! posted:

CCO works fine with SPERG. Everything works fine with SPERG. Sperg isn't SkyRe or PerMa, it works fine with everything. Everyone need to quit worrying about that. :p

Anyhow, Bob Ross in Skyrim is now in Alpha :D

Try him out, let me know if it breaks anything. All he has is follower dialogue, no combat or incidental dialogue yet. (He's chilling in the Eldergleam Sanctuary.

Bob doesn't seem to return to Eldergleam Sanctuary after you dismiss him. I waited for three days and he was still where I left him. Not sure if this is a bug or just a result of the mod not being finished.

He seems pretty good in combat. I took him through Mistwatch and he held up pretty well.

You know, with all these people asking if SPERG works with this or that, it might be a good idea to have the OP say "SPERG works with pretty much everything except other perk mods and The Last Altar".

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Most spell mods should work if they've been coded properly and use the same keywords that SPERG looks for.

Specifically speaking, SPERG and Apocalypse should work just fine.

Specificly Apocalypse even has a compatibility patch for SPERG.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Davoren posted:

There is a goon right above you who said as much:

Agents are GO! posted:

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Skyrim Modding/Troubleshooting: Everything works with SPERG

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

what's a good mod that buffs magic without being overpowered? I used to Balanced Magic but that seems really outdated by this point so I don't know about it

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Cardboard Box posted:

what's a good mod that buffs magic without being overpowered? I used to Balanced Magic but that seems really outdated by this point so I don't know about it

SPERG

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Cardboard Box posted:

Balanced Magic still works pretty well as long as you're using vanilla spells imo. However if you start using Midas or Apocalypse some of the spells become hilariously OP (at least in my experience... maybe they're just OP naturally).

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Are long load times between inside/outside transition fixable? I have an SSD and really good hardware, but loadtimes take like 7 seconds or so which is really annoying.

I am using MOO exclusively for modding/load order. Do I need this wryre bash thingy or something to speed stuff up?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm in my first run with Apocalypse Spells (using SPERG) and they do seem a little OP -- or are excruciatingly specific to some certain set of circumstances that would require so much effort to set up the battle would be over before I got to cast the spell. So far I've been wondering what the appeal is since I'm ending up just using vanilla spells now that the novelty has worn off.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Having a weird bug-anyone else run into an instant CTD on the first recruit mission? I get right next to the vampire den with whatso something the lizard and the game crashes-I think it's a spawn trigger that does it?

Also holy poo poo I forgot just exactly how much loot HR throws at you in the very first mission :stare:

E: Ok, so it's this one NPC that spawns there. Any way to remove him/debug what's causing the poo poo?

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 16, 2014

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Agents are GO! posted:

Everything works fine with SPERG.

ASIS :colbert:

I'm doing a run without a SPERG exception and the magic is actually fine, it's one hit kills by random meleers that are annoying.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

oh yeah I've been meaning to try that out, thanks

kedo posted:

Balanced Magic still works pretty well as long as you're using vanilla spells imo. However if you start using Midas or Apocalypse some of the spells become hilariously OP (at least in my experience... maybe they're just OP naturally).

I guess its still Balanced Magic for me then

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm in my first run with Apocalypse Spells (using SPERG) and they do seem a little OP -- or are excruciatingly specific to some certain set of circumstances that would require so much effort to set up the battle would be over before I got to cast the spell. So far I've been wondering what the appeal is since I'm ending up just using vanilla spells now that the novelty has worn off.

The creator of Apocalypse seems to have a distaste for straightforward spells. I've seen him lament that people wanted spells that just "made a big boom" rather than stuff that requires a lot of spell switching and careful setup and so forth. I'm still using the 4.00 version of Apocalypse. It has a good selection of tactical spells, but also has some good straightforward destruction spells that give you new options without having to screw around with contingencies or whatever. If you haven't tried it, it might be worth looking into.

Praetorian Mage fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 17, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Real Foogla posted:

ASIS :colbert:

I'm doing a run without a SPERG exception and the magic is actually fine, it's one hit kills by random meleers that are annoying.

With my improved INIs ASIS works flawlessly with SPERG. :colbert:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Skyrim Modding/Troubleshooting: Everything works with SPERG

Except The Last Altar: A Spellcrafting Mod

Sooooo...

Skyrim Modding/Troubleshooting: (Almost) Everything Works With SPERG :v:

E: Now the new thread title.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 17, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Naturally Selected posted:

Having a weird bug-anyone else run into an instant CTD on the first recruit mission? I get right next to the vampire den with whatso something the lizard and the game crashes-I think it's a spawn trigger that does it?

Also holy poo poo I forgot just exactly how much loot HR throws at you in the very first mission :stare:

E: Ok, so it's this one NPC that spawns there. Any way to remove him/debug what's causing the poo poo?

What in the goddamn are you even talking about?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Praetorian Mage posted:

The creator of Apocalypse seems to have a distaste for straightforward spells. I've seen him lament that people wanted spells that just "made a big boom" rather than stuff that requires a lot of spell switching and careful setup and so forth. I'm still using the the 4.00 version of Apocalypse. It has a good selection of tactical spells, but also has some good straightforward destruction spells that give you new options without having to screw around with contingencies or whatever. If you haven't tried it, it might be worth looking into.

I'll consider that next time I'm doing a wizard run, since I am using one of the newer versions (5 something). TBH I do find the summons and Loot Magnet to be worthwhile so I probably won't ever ditch it entirely but I find myself passing on a whole lot of the spells or just trying them out once for giggles and then never using them again. Ocato's Recital is also pretty great although I have never filled up all three slots and could probably live without it.

Edit: a general FYI since I just noticed it myself, Acquisitive Soul Gems added a patch so it works with the Soul Cloak spell now.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Dec 17, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Everything Burrito posted:

I'll consider that next time I'm doing a wizard run, since I am using one of the newer versions (5 something). TBH I do find the summons and Loot Magnet to be worthwhile so I probably won't ever ditch it entirely but I find myself passing on a whole lot of the spells or just trying them out once for giggles and then never using them again. Ocato's Recital is also pretty great although I have never filled up all three slots and could probably live without it.

Edit: a general FYI since I just noticed it myself, Acquisitive Soul Gems added a patch so it works with the Soul Cloak spell now.

I thought all the cool kids were using Smart Souls now. And yes, it works with SPERG.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Naturally Selected posted:

I don't know how you managed to figure out which NPC it is, but you could try disabling AI before the spawn occurs. If the CTD is being caused by something in the NPC's AI, you can go find him and murder/delete him, then proceed along your merry way.

Seconding the guy who doesn't know exactly what the hell you're talking about though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agents are GO! posted:

I thought all the cool kids were using Smart Souls now. And yes, it works with SPERG.

Guess I'm not one of the cool kids :smith:

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Smarts Souls is generally a better solution to soulgems problems since its an skse plugin and thus cannot accidentally get its functionality overwritten by bad load order problems, badly installed mods, etc. As far as other mods are concerned nothing has changed from vanilla at all. And indeed in a way nothing has changed, its just the code that reports what gems are available when you drain a soul is a little more picky.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
Are you supposed to turn off Skyrim's innate HDR or vice versa for SweetFX if you want to use HDR?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Mizuti posted:

What do I need to do to cleanly switch from Nexus Mod Manager to Skyrim Mod Organizer? Do I have to clean out my Skyrim folders and reinstall everything in MO?

I made a backup of relevant folders, then used the import from NMM tool and it mostly worked. Had to reinstall one or two mods, but then I'm not running too many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tzarnal posted:

Smarts Souls is generally a better solution to soulgems problems since its an skse plugin and thus cannot accidentally get its functionality overwritten by bad load order problems, badly installed mods, etc. As far as other mods are concerned nothing has changed from vanilla at all. And indeed in a way nothing has changed, its just the code that reports what gems are available when you drain a soul is a little more picky.

Actually, and I'm going only by experience, it seems to actually produce gems that are the same as purchased filled soul gems. The only reason I say this is that there are some recipies that require a (store bought) filled soul gem, and they accept soul gems filled with Smart Souls. This is actually a really nice thing, IMHO.

• Locked thread