Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Is there any legal precedent behind the "we can inhibit your speech if you ain't from around here" thinking? I don't understand why the monument having "no connection" to Oklahoma has any relevance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

pathetic little tramp posted:

Put away all your 10 commandments poo poo anyway, God is dead, they found subterranean life on Mars bitches:

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/early/2014/12/15/science.1261713.full.pdf?ijkey=wh80Qt3dcQZKw&keytype=ref&siteid=sci

I'm getting walked from it, can you repost?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

GlyphGryph posted:

Baphomet statue is Satanic Temple not Church of Satan. Gotta keep things straight.

Ah, that's right. Were they also the ones that sent those books to some school district in Florida that decided it was OK to hand out religious materials?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

Ah, that's right. Were they also the ones that sent those books to some school district in Florida that decided it was OK to hand out religious materials?

I believe so.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You mean they found methane on Mars.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Sure but do the Martians light their farts on fire?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

You mean they found methane on Mars.

Methane at regular intervals, i.e. not a steady leak; it's possible that it could be getting created by some purely geological process we're not very familiar with (and either way, this means Mars is active, at the very least having something like tectonic plates or shifting subterranean rocks), but if this data is correct, I'd say biology is the most likely explanation.

Here's an article someone put together with a pretty fair approach: http://ht.ly/G07uF

I have the PDF, but no idea where one reposts PDFs on the internet these days.

vvv basically yeah

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 16, 2014

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Frack the red planet!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DemeaninDemon posted:

Sure but do the Martians light their farts on fire?

Obviously not, given that we can detect it. Thus disproving life on Mars because if you don't light your farts can you actually say you ever lived?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ReidRansom posted:

And also announced they have a religious objection to forced ultrasounds as a requirement for abortions.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ReidRansom posted:

Obviously not, given that we can detect it. Thus disproving life on Mars because if you don't light your farts can you actually say you ever lived?

Na that's just Space Amergin. He doesn't have fun like normal people.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Good news... For Republicans! A Pennsylvania district court judge has decided to go out of his way to rule Obama's executive amnesty unconstitutional in the process of making a decision on an individual illegal immigrant's case.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

duz posted:

And also announced they have a religious objection to forced ultrasounds as a requirement for abortions.

Noice.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Na that's just Space Amergin. He doesn't have fun like normal people.

Wet farts probably don't light properly.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Activist judges! :argh:

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Why didn't he just go ahead and declare Obamacare unconstitutional at the same time?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, “It is fitting that the first night of Chanukah falls this year on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party." ~ Rick Perry

It is nice to see Rick Perry acknowledging a holiday that celebrates the defeat of a vast modern empire by a small group of religious fanatics.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
In Texas, 'irony' is how they describe the taste of the tap water.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Fried Chicken posted:

It is nice to see Rick Perry acknowledging a holiday that celebrates the defeat of a vast modern empire by a small group of religious fanatics.

He means Christian Dominionists

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
A Rick Perry Chanukah classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsHCgCfLe_I

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

So basically Rick Perry is actually as dumb as GWB pretended to be.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Everblight posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GSmDsAET7I

Oops

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

No matter how many times I see it, it gets me every time.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

drat I didn't know Hannukah was so political.

it was, but not in a good way

it was a religious fundamentalist uprising against co-religionists based on a refusal to assimilate to the broader world around them whose goal was to establish a religious state

so basically the Maccabees were ISIS

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
In Rick Perry's defense, this is currently happening at the White House.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Everblight posted:

Yes.

But with a brash rear end in a top hat demeanor instead of the more "aw shucks" one that Bush cultivated.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hold the gently caress up they are about to name a building on the A&M campus after him, pretty sure they don't do that for idiots.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Hold the gently caress up they are about to name a building on the A&M campus after him, pretty sure they don't do that for idiots.

They do it for whoever the current board of directors likes, and yes that often is idiots.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

I can't comprehend why this picture is happening

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

zoux posted:

They do it if the idiot pays them enough.

Colleges and universities will name buildings after anyone who tosses a giant pile of money at them. That's why Texas Tech plays football in the Jones AT&T Stadium (formerly the SBC Jones Stadium) and the Lady Raiders basketball team plays in the United Supermarkets Arena for a few examples.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

forbidden lesbian posted:

Constable Dreidel and his Orthodox Marching Band?

Belteshazzar
Oct 4, 2004

我が生涯に
一片の悔い無し

pathetic little tramp posted:

I have the PDF, but no idea where one reposts PDFs on the internet these days.

https://pdf.yt/

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

forbidden lesbian posted:

Sevivon
Sov Sov Sov
Chanukah Hu Chag Tov

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Spun Dog posted:

Constable Dreidel and his Orthodox Marching Band?

I seriously can't not parse that dreidel as a British policeman. It's uncanny.

Anyway this is what you get when a holiday that occurs contemporaneously with Christmas doesn't have a cartoony mascot. You get people dressed up as weird anthropomorphic dreidel cops bobbies. We should work on that.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

quote:

All 10 of A&M's regents were appointed by Perry, including a petroleum CEO, a former ExxonMobil president, an insurance and banking tycoon, and the founder of "the Young Conservatives of Texas at Tarleton State University." They have helped advance his often turbulent efforts to replace traditional professor tenure in the A&M system with contracts for instructors, greater emphasis on student evaluations in teacher retention, and a general business orientation.

OK that's funny. Any adjunct will tell you* how to boost the ratings and get retained: grade easy and don't bother with strictly enforced attendance. That just happened to also be a massive disservice to the students but gently caress them right?

*you may have to get them wasted first

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

To be fair, literally every single government appointee in Texas was appointed by Perry.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

I thought it was a Navy guy in a costume for a second.

zoux posted:

To be fair, literally every single government appointee in Texas was appointed by Perry.

Wasn't A&M the ones who had the geologists who vouched for the safety of fracking only to find out they were on the fracking board?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

:ughh:

and all the regents voting on it were appointed by him and all the students are going to be pretty much gone when they vote

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Winkie01 posted:

No matter how many times I see it, it gets me every time.

I was bored last year so I went through the 2011-2012 coverage of the Daily Show on their old website. Everything that came out for Perry was always gold. Especially Wyatt Cenac's coverage on his ranch.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
if you want to develop an even deeper hatred of the cia, former deputy director michael morell, and charlie rose, watch their interview. not recommended for those with high BP. highlights include rose accepting morell's premise that torture was both necessary, is unfairly catagorized as torture and should only be called interrogation (which rose obliged), that it got lots of useful info, and that man would people be mad if they know what we're still doing right now! one choice quote:

rose: "what's your view on the morality of what happened?"
morell: "mike morell doesn't know what he thinks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

CommieGIR posted:

Wasn't A&M the ones who had the geologists who vouched for the safety of fracking only to find out they were on the fracking board?

I wouldn't doubt it. Petroleum engineering and petroleum geology are big here, and a lot of money going to those schools comes from petroleum companies, so it's probably not hard to find someone to agree with fracking=good.

• Locked thread