Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Awesome! posted:

i am slightly upset that i apparently need to save toadette before i can play as her but thats just more motivation for adventure i guess

Worth it though. I love how Nintendo can make games that are cute enough for my girlfriend to watch and play co-op in that are still great games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
You have to save Toad as Toadette in Ch2 so really you're saving each other. What do you think of THAT, Tumblr

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Macaluso posted:

You have to save Toad as Toadette in Ch2 so really you're saving each other. What do you think of THAT, Tumblr

oh cool! I only played like the first 7 levels last night

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Yeah but Toadette is less successful and then she gets kidnapped two more times.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Will there be DLC where I can save Yoshi

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Supercar Gautier posted:

Yeah but Toadette is less successful and then she gets kidnapped two more times.

She's not really kidnapped, she goes of her own volition because that star belongs to her and no way she's letting go. The second time she just escapes on her own anyway.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Reminder that the toads do not actually have genders beyond what they may self-identify as. One wonders what tumblr thinks about that though.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In my headcanon, Toad in SM3DW considers herself female but chooses to dress as a male cat. She's 28 years old just like me and is not afraid of anything (unlike me, haha!)

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Is Captain Toad a real captain?

If I were on his boat could he conduct a legally binding wedding ceremony for me?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Is Captain Toad a real captain?

If I were on his boat could he conduct a legally binding wedding ceremony for me?

Uh he's the captain of a space ship actually. Maybe show him a little goddamned respect

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Macaluso posted:

Uh he's the captain of a space ship actually. Maybe show him a little goddamned respect

A whole fleet of them no less.

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

elf help book posted:

K-Mart needs to stop having such good deals or someone might actually find one.

Drove 30 miles to do this today. I hadn't been inside a kmart since the 90's and I'm pretty sure its still the 90's in there.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Supercar Gautier posted:

Well she has knock knees, you see. Actually, she has the inward-facing effect of knock knees in her feet, but no actual legs.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Those Club Nintendo Smash Bros posters came in. The paper is thin, but glossy, and the print is top quality. Of course, the cutest one was the only one I could allow to be displayed in my apartment.

Isabelle is so upset that they're fighting! AWRRRHH SO CUTE!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey so my wii-u is having heating issues and generally breaking down like crazy so ended up with a new one (got it super super cheap) coming in. I know I can transfer stuff to the Wii-U but does it transfer save data as well or should I back that all up on a SD card first? Would suck to lose hours of progress on some games and all.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Jut tried to get Walmart to price match the Kmart deal on pro controllers. They spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how and then said they couldn't match it. gently caress Walmart.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey so my wii-u is having heating issues and generally breaking down like crazy so ended up with a new one (got it super super cheap) coming in. I know I can transfer stuff to the Wii-U but does it transfer save data as well or should I back that all up on a SD card first? Would suck to lose hours of progress on some games and all.

There's a data transfer tool that transfers everything iirc

You can't use the SD card for WiiU stuff anyway

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

NOE is releasing a monthly Captain Toad comic. Second update is out. It is, uh, it's something. I think any of you random mooks could do something better than that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
If I had any talent in Photoshop that turnip would be thrown into goatse.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Holy crap, this person actually got to meet Shigeru Miyamoto and Bill Trinen. I'm honestly a little bit stunned that Nintendo of America managed to get NCL to do this.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
What's the deal with Murphy in Rayman Legends? Do I really have to play half of the levels with some loving retarded computer sidekick? Is there anyway to turn this poo poo off?

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
Not without buying the game on a different platform or inviting a friend over, no.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Ultigonio posted:

Not without buying the game on a different platform or inviting a friend over, no.

:smith: Well gently caress. I was really enjoying this game but if that's the case than I think this one might just be premanently going on the shelf. What a piece of poo poo.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Saoshyant posted:

NOE is releasing a monthly Captain Toad comic. Second update is out. It is, uh, it's something. I think any of you random mooks could do something better than that.

It took a month to make that?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Those levels get much less common after the first world, and also they own, especially with a bro

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Austrian mook posted:

What's the deal with Murphy in Rayman Legends? Do I really have to play half of the levels with some loving retarded computer sidekick? Is there anyway to turn this poo poo off?

They're actually really fun

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Ultigonio posted:

Holy crap, this person actually got to meet Shigeru Miyamoto and Bill Trinen. I'm honestly a little bit stunned that Nintendo of America managed to get NCL to do this.

That's extremely cool. She got to meet Miyamoto and Bill, share her baking creations with them, got an autographed 3DS and then play games with them. Just a little bit jealous over here.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.
I'm not really sure it's fair to go all "Nuh-uh you're wrong" on a dude who bought a platformer to play a platformer and then doesn't like it when the platformer isn't having him do platforming. The Murfy levels are the kind of thing that can absolutely be fun with a partner, and they're really clever at times, but the computer player likes to take the game at the slowest pace it possibly can.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Is the wii u pro controller not even coming up for people on kmarts website anymore for anyone else. God dammit, the one time kmart is useful for literally anything...

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I like to speed run pretty much everything I play and watching the dude crawl across the levels is just unbearable. I remember everyone said it was like DOC Tropical Freeze but that never had me playing touchscreen garbage in what I thought was a twitch based platforming game. Remember back in the SNES days when you could just release a gimmick free platforming game? :sigh:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Again, they get much less common in later worlds, and the pace picks up considerably when the game is done tutorializing you. The last murphy level is crazy hectic

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Tender Bender posted:

Is there a print ad for this anywhere? It seems sold out at KMart and other retailers won't match online deals if they're out of stock.

Not that I know of, I found it initially on slickdeals. I went to my wal-mart and put in a zip code on the K-Mart app that had Lego City in stock and I showed it to the cashier that it was in my cart and he rang it up for the bargain price. You can try something like that but YMMV.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I had mostly the same experience with the Wonderful 101, honestly. I absolutely loved everything until they'd make me play a SHMUP section that I'd get destroyed on. It was pretty deflating to start getting graded on a genre I've never played and don't fully understand just out of nowhere.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that's just an opportunity to expand your gaming toolbelt friend

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Awesome! posted:

that's just an opportunity to expand your gaming toolbelt friend

I just don't really care for the genre as a whole. I understand that some people love it which is fine, I don't hate it or anything I just wish I didn't have to play a game that I never signed up for.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Austrian mook posted:

I had mostly the same experience with the Wonderful 101, honestly. I absolutely loved everything until they'd make me play a SHMUP section that I'd get destroyed on. It was pretty deflating to start getting graded on a genre I've never played and don't fully understand just out of nowhere.
While I enjoyed all but one of those sections, I really can't blame you at all, especially when it comes to that being a part of your score. Personally, I really enjoy it when a game is able to change itself up and offer multiple different styles of play, but genre-hopping can be a pretty poor move, especially when it's executed in some of the ways it is in W101.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Austrian mook posted:

They start out slow but they end up being really fun and hectic later on. It eventually becomes a sort of twitch-action all on its own, and it's certainly not HALF the levels.

Plus all the Origins Throwback Levels are "regular levels" too, if you haven't played that!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Ultigonio posted:

While I enjoyed all but one of those sections, I really can't blame you at all, especially when it comes to that being a part of your score. Personally, I really enjoy it when a game is able to change itself up and offer multiple different styles of play, but genre-hopping can be a pretty poor move, especially when it's executed in some of the ways it is in W101.

I wouldn't have minded but it was just so long, like it feels like after level 6 or so there was as much SHMUP as there was core combat and when I said I was bad at SHMUP's I mean I tanked my score down from a gold to a stone by dying multiple times almost every section.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Hey all, in Smash Wii U is there a way to keep my control profile permanently signed in as I play, or do I have to manually choose it every time I switch modes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Narcissus1916 posted:

Hey all, in Smash Wii U is there a way to keep my control profile permanently signed in as I play, or do I have to manually choose it every time I switch modes?

The latter, and it sucks

• Locked thread