Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stokes posted:

So I've been blocked from Opie's Twitter for about 3 or 4 years now, and just now I've finally been both blocked from following and viewing his tweets. I'm guessing this has something to do with the Fez as Opie audio? This should be a fun listen.
Oh dear, what did you do, hater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

CrashCat posted:

Oh dear, what did you do, hater

Do you remember that time Lady Gaga was in NYC promoting her new album? She did Letterman etc. Well Opie made a video of these two uber-fans crying about Ms. Gaga saying things like 'How much attention do you need?' And he posted the video on his twitter account 6 times in a row within 45 minutes. So I asked the same of him.

Also before that I called him the Bobo of Twitter back before Bobo was the Bobo of Twitter.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm missing something. What does that

Stokes posted:

has something to do with the Fez as Opie audio?

:confused:

Morter fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 13, 2014

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

spudsbuckley posted:

Was that the least funny female comedian of all time that they had on on Thursday?

She's a lesbian don't you know. And that's all I can remember about her. She gave Fez the exact same advice that every caller does and managed to be about as entertaining/funny.

Interview boring ...

Ron: "check out this gay virgin next to me"

Tevryr
Dec 5, 2009
Has Ron done an Unmasked with Fez? That could be some uh..stuff..

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Tevryr posted:

Has Ron done an Unmasked with Fez? That could be some uh..stuff..

He only unmasks comedians/funny people.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
I really love hearing ESD scream in pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAU0QZyPOoA

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Dear God is Opie obsessed with the notion of participation trophies and not pushing it into every kid's face when they aren't #1 best winner of all time at some sport. I thought it was just one minor thing that came up a few times, but now I see how frequent he bitches about that. It's such a minor thing to give such a care about, it's indicative of how his brain works, and it sucks.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Apoplexy posted:

give such a care about

I love you.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Opie is very unlikable.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

What are the chances Opie's spawn turn out to be awful people?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

onemillionzombies posted:

What are the chances Opie's spawn turn out to be awful people?

Mental illness usually skips a generation, but it's hard to tell since both Opie and his mother are nutters.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

TL posted:

I love you.

I bow to you, and knock my drink over in doing so.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Getting a serious Tucker Max vibe from these wacky Troy stories

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
So why was Troy banned from the air before?

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

On-air argument with Mark Zito on the after show, where he called Zito a human being a whole bunch of times.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

He was on Sam's old after show and was in an argument with some staffer, calling him a human being, cocksucker, and implying that he'd beat his rear end. I don't remember why they were fighting in the first place, but he got in some poo poo for the way he was arguing. The audio's probably on youtube somewhere.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I was trying to find the full audio last night to not much success. I think the usual uploaders yanked it.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Apoplexy posted:

Dear God is Opie obsessed with the notion of participation trophies and not pushing it into every kid's face when they aren't #1 best winner of all time at some sport. I thought it was just one minor thing that came up a few times, but now I see how frequent he bitches about that. It's such a minor thing to give such a care about, it's indicative of how his brain works, and it sucks.

Someone should send Jimmy a "World's Sweetest Radio Boy" trophy and Opie a "Radio Participation Award" trophy.

Apoplexy posted:

Because sometimes the universe tries to make up for its mistakes and does something nice.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 16, 2014

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
There was nothing homophobic about what Troy said at all. All he said was that Zito was a dick sucking human being who liked to suck on penises. Nothing homophobic about that at all.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
RIP Troy's Girlfriend: God called her home to get "pumped the gently caress out" by all of his angels.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

TL posted:

There was nothing homophobic about what Troy said at all. All he said was that Zito was a dick sucking human being who liked to suck on penises. Nothing homophobic about that at all.

At one point Troy, whether or not it was a work or a shoot, said he wanted to kick Zito's rear end. Zito asked why, and then Troy responded with "because you're a <random gay slur>." I even remember Sam interjecting there, albeit briefly.

I definitely remember reeling at one point, thinking there was a dumb line or two there. Well, it was all stupid and shouldn't have been said (because there was no substance to it), but I know there were a few choice lines that made it seem like he wanted to physically hurt someone who he thought lesser than him, and demonstrated it via all of the homophobic slurs.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Not the full audio, but this should be enough for anyone who hasn't heard it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyOr5OGSMhk

e: For hilarity, right-click>open in new tab that video five or 10 times, spacing each new tab out by 5 seconds or so.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

MrChupon posted:

Not the full audio, but this should be enough for anyone who hasn't heard it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyOr5OGSMhk

e: For hilarity, right-click>open in new tab that video five or 10 times, spacing each new tab out by 5 seconds or so.

hahahahahaha, that loving rules, thanks for the great laugh.

Ransom
Jan 8, 2001

JOLLY RAPIST
Here is Ron and Fez playing it and commenting on it. Might have more audio. Also Troy comes in and talks about it I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0-wqzD1UvQ

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Getting a serious Tucker Max vibe from these wacky Troy stories

Yeah, he's completely making this up and even then it's not entertaining in the slightest.

I just want some guest/comic to come in and openly mock him for being a 30something dudebro so that he can lose his poo poo and get himself banned again.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

I just want some guest/comic to come in and openly mock him for being a 30something dudebro

Ron already does that to Chris :v:

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Morter posted:

Ron already does that to Chris :v:

Pepper can roll with it whereas Troy will just call whoever said it a queer loving human being who sucks gay dicks because he is not a funny or smart person.

He is down for whatever though. Bro.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

spudsbuckley posted:

Yeah, he's completely making this up and even then it's not entertaining in the slightest.

I just want some guest/comic to come in and openly mock him for being a 30something dudebro so that he can lose his poo poo and get himself banned again.
He's actually over 40.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

spudsbuckley posted:

Pepper can roll with it whereas Troy will just call whoever said it a queer loving human being who sucks gay dicks because he is not a funny or smart person.

He is down for whatever though. Bro.

Just don't tell Peppy to close his eyes and then throw something at his head.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cromulent posted:

He's actually over 40.

Haha, loving really?

What a loving loser. He's the Opster if Opie hadn't stop being the Opster in his early twenties.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

The further we go away from the older inside jokes, the more I realize less and less people will get why Chris was called a centaur to begin with.

UCB Fred made a lifelong slanderous account of P.Hicks with a single innocent gif. And it wasn't even on purpose.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I know everyone loves her but BL annoys the poo poo out of me

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Morter posted:

The further we go away from the older inside jokes, the more I realize less and less people will get why Chris was called a centaur to begin with.

I didn't really listen or pay attention to R&F back then, it wasn't just from the drawing?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Morter posted:

UCB Fred made a lifelong slanderous account of P.Hicks with a single innocent gif. And it wasn't even on purpose.

It stemmed from some advertisement, for capital one or something. I forget what. There was an ad, and the ad had a centaur in it that looked like Hicks, and a redheaded knight guy who looked like Dave.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

jerkstoresup posted:

I didn't really listen or pay attention to R&F back then, it wasn't just from the drawing?

Under the vegetable posted:

It stemmed from some advertisement, for capital one or something. I forget what. There was an ad, and the ad had a centaur in it that looked like Hicks, and a redheaded knight guy who looked like Dave.

Nope and nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfPvFHgeyVk

Trying to find the commercial, actually, because I remember seeing it and laughing.

Edit: Holy poo poo it's just over 3 years old. :toot:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Speaking of Pepper Hicks, his birthday party was a thing of beauty and joy forever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2NNKHAUScM

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Benny getting Jenny Hutt to earnestly sing that Samuel L Jackson song and then laughing at her the next day was stupidly funny - his chuckle after hearing her say "I nominate Chris Rock" at the end of the video was especially hysterical. Ron truly is the king carny, and Jenny is the biggest rube ever to stroll down the midway.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Call Me Charlie posted:

live audience + not being in a skyscraper = funny fez
Wow, you guys weren't kidding, I put the on demand of the DC show on and there's old Fez talking like normal as if the past couple of years never even happened. What the gently caress.

Now I'm having a hard time believing Zero Fez wasn't just a multiple year long bit. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Ron's reasoning was that because Fez was "hypnotized" he was free to do whatever without stress because he could always blame the hypnotherapist.

So basically Fez has to be either drunk or hypnotized for every show, which I'm okay with.

• Locked thread