Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Well we'll have Luke Cage and Jessica Jones soon, though I didn't read Alias so I don't know how they start out together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Well we'll have Luke Cage and Jessica Jones soon, though I didn't read Alias so I don't know how they start out together.

:a2m:

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Actually they had met before that too in some failed superhero team-up.

Vindicator
Jul 23, 2007

The Pulse #14! It was when Jessica Jones was figuring out that she wasn't superhero material, they both coincidentally rocked up to a super-villain meet, did the whole punch the bad guys thing, and found out that one of the crims had brought his kids (they were in the car outside). The cops arrived and said the kids would have to spend the night at the police station before social services could collect them. Jessica thought that was a crummy thing to have to inflict on kids and basically threw in the towel on her secret identity and revealed her name to the cops so that she could take the kids home and feed them ice-cream until social services could take them. Luke thought that was pretty bad-rear end and showed up at her place after the kids had gone to sleep and they talked some.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vindicator posted:

The Pulse #14! It was when Jessica Jones was figuring out that she wasn't superhero material, they both coincidentally rocked up to a super-villain meet, did the whole punch the bad guys thing, and found out that one of the crims had brought his kids (they were in the car outside). The cops arrived and said the kids would have to spend the night at the police station before social services could collect them. Jessica thought that was a crummy thing to have to inflict on kids and basically threw in the towel on her secret identity and revealed her name to the cops so that she could take the kids home and feed them ice-cream until social services could take them. Luke thought that was pretty bad-rear end and showed up at her place after the kids had gone to sleep and they talked some.

And now you know the rest of the story.

I never read The Pulse (mean to, just didn't get around to it). That's actually pretty badass, I wouldn't mind if they dropped the Purpleman stuff and just made that the reason she's not a costumed vigilante.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I just finished S1 of Arrow. :o Kind of sorry that I originally gave up on it because of the island flashback stuff because I ended up really enjoying it (even the island stuff). The season finale was pretty ballsy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The island stuff in the first season was really good. I loved watching Ollie get beaten down and then built back up.

One thing, who was behind the group that was going to shoot down the jet? I always assumed it was Ras.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

The island stuff in the first season was really good. I loved watching Ollie get beaten down and then built back up.

One thing, who was behind the group that was going to shoot down the jet? I always assumed it was Ras.

It is THE WALL

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

It is THE WALL

Yep, in season 3, we find out that Waller was trying to blow up the plane to kill China White.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

Yep, in season 3, we find out that Waller was trying to blow up the plane to kill China White.

In season 2 its hinted as they introduce her by showing first her heels, just as they showed her in season 1

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
http://www.comicbook.com/2014/12/13/constantine-sees-25-jump-in-ratings/

Constantine had a bit of a bump in the ratings this week. Even maintained its audience through both halves. Hooray? :unsmith:

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Gaz-L posted:

poo poo I missed that and it explains so much. Why draft barely competent Ollie into black ops? 1/3 grudging respect and 3/4ths punishment for loving with Waller's op.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

http://www.comicbook.com/2014/12/13/constantine-sees-25-jump-in-ratings/

Constantine had a bit of a bump in the ratings this week. Even maintained its audience through both halves. Hooray? :unsmith:

Don't get your hopes up bud.

Also, I wonder if they are going to do Purple Man in Jessica Jones or just allude to him.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Continuing through season 1 of Arrow. Why do people hate Laurel when Thea exists?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Angry Walrus posted:

Continuing through season 1 of Arrow. Why do people hate Laurel when Thea exists?

Character approval on the CW is probably like 90% how they dress.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Angry Walrus posted:

They eventually start writing Thea better, Laurel still hasn't quite gotten there yet. Season 2 completely turns Thea around and is Laurel's low spot.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Angry Walrus posted:

Thea has a great story arc but Laurel was uneven. I do think the hatred was unwarranted for both but it just seemed like for the most part the show wasn't too sure what to do with Laurel.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

Thea has a great story arc but Laurel was uneven. I do think the hatred was unwarranted for both but it just seemed like for the most part the show wasn't too sure what to do with Laurel.

It was sure what to do with her, the problem was when to do it. Now they are.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yeah Laurel's issue was that you know eventually where she has to go, they just took multiple seasons to get to that point. It also didn't help that Sara was a more enjoyable character while Laurel's arc was pretty much "how fast can she reach rock bottom".

Thea is now in the same place and from the looks of things will have way more melodrama and ~relationship~ drama to go through before the season is over.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Waterhaul posted:

Thea is now in the same place and from the looks of things will have way more melodrama and ~relationship~ drama to go through before the season is over.

The upside though is she will probably be wielding edged weapons. Laurel didn't even have that.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

LorneReams posted:

The upside though is she will probably be wielding edged weapons. Laurel didn't even have that.

Yup.

Laurel was annoying because as it was mentioned, it was like a race to the bottom for her, and she had nothing else going for her character wise. At least Thea has stuff going on right now that might lead to interesting developments later on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LorneReams posted:

Her stunt double will, anyway.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Her stunt double will, anyway.

Yeah, Willa Holland is unfortunately not very good at the action stuff yet so any time she has to do something it is awkward or obviously a stunt double.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

omg...laurel...so...annoying

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, Willa Holland is unfortunately not very good at the action stuff yet so any time she has to do something it is awkward or obviously a stunt double.

Her fight against Ollie was the single ugliest fight I've seen in this show. It rivaled the May vs. May fight on Shield for bullshit looking.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Yeah, what the gently caress? I finally got around to watching that episode and man, that was totally unnecessary. Why take one of the most likable characters and do that?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Mentalizer posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress? I finally got around to watching that episode and man, that was totally unnecessary. Why take one of the most likable characters and do that?

He is on another show and didn't have much time to film Shield. And also they needed something to not just make it super awesome that Skye got superpowers and tie it to a moment where she will also wonder if it was worth it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

He is on another show and didn't have much time to film Shield. And also they needed something to not just make it super awesome that Skye got superpowers and tie it to a moment where she will also wonder if it was worth it.

Yeah, it's not Marvel if the hero can't mope about "Why do I deserve these amazing powers and other good people get hosed over?" And then she can stamp her feet and level a city block while Coulson makes a one-liner.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

This show has earned more than enough good will with an entire half season of quality episodes that I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

notthegoatseguy posted:

This show has earned more than enough good will with an entire half season of quality episodes that I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that.

It absolutely has, and everyone else made good points. But I really liked his character and was unhappy that he had to be the one to get sacrificed. I also would have liked to see Marvel buck the trend of someone having to be sacrificed and people having to mope about what they lost when they got their powers but that's probably asking too much. It's one of the things that I like about The Flash, that he's just super psyched to have this crazy power and has that kind of child-like joy about him that I think a lot of us would probably have if we found ourselves in that kind of situation.

Mind you, I say all of that with love as I like Agents of Shield and really like that they're going full on Inhumans with this poo poo. The only way I could like it more is if they went bugfuck crazy Steranko with it but I doubt that will ever happen.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 17, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

omg chael crash posted:

Her fight against Ollie was the single ugliest fight I've seen in this show. It rivaled the May vs. May fight on Shield for bullshit looking.

What, that may versus may fight was amazing!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The only thing that was neat was the jumping kick at the end. The rest was was just a 50 year old women who lacked the ability to stretch out her hamstrings. Looked awful.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
No you are insane. Commit yourself.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

It was just poor athleticism and even worse choreography. But, like I said, I understand that it's not her fault.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

It was just poor athleticism and even worse choreography. But, like I said, I understand that it's not her fault.

So the only fight scene directed by an actual fight choreographer sucked? You must think the rest of the show's action scenes are literal war crimes, then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wasn't like my animes 0/10

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

omg chael crash posted:

The majority of that fight isn't even Ming-na. Her stunt actress' are doing the majority of the heavy lifting.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The Mentalizer posted:

It extra-sucked because he didn't even get a full season of episodes! Also he died for nothing because Skye was perfectly ok, which kind of adds to the tragedy of the whole thing.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

So the only fight scene directed by an actual fight choreographer sucked? You must think the rest of the show's action scenes are literal war crimes, then.

Honestly, no. Her fight with Ward was kinda neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

The Mentalizer posted:

It absolutely has, and everyone else made good points. But I really liked his character and was unhappy that he had to be the one to get sacrificed. I also would have liked to see Marvel buck the trend of someone having to be sacrificed and people having to mope about what they lost when they got their powers but that's probably asking too much. It's one of the things that I like about The Flash, that he's just super psyched to have this crazy power and has that kind of child-like joy about him that I think a lot of us would probably have if we found ourselves in that kind of situation.

Mind you, I say all of that with love as I like Agents of Shield and really like that they're going full on Inhumans with this poo poo. The only way I could like it more is if they went bugfuck crazy Steranko with it but I doubt that will ever happen.

I'm disappointed he's gone too, and I didn't really know why he was often doing nothing or only appeared for a few minutes but I guess he's in another show and poo poo like that happens in TV. I imagine that, except for Coulson, most of these actors aren't tied down with long term contracts or they can be more easily broken than the cinematic ones. So if a better offer comes along, they should take it and good for them.