Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The real solution is full Communism.

Without the need for finance or economic viability, shows like Rick and Morty can prosper without the decadence and corruption of capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Neeksy posted:

No it was a thing. Season 2 is now a union job, and there was quite a bit of struggle to get that to happen, with threats of walkouts and stoppages, etc. I mean, I don't know if it ever got as bad as what Titmouse has done before (laid off employees, asked them to work for free until maybe they can get hired again, and blacklisting the people who didn't work for free), but there were some unhappy people working on the production, particularly because many of the writers didn't realize that if you create a whole new planet, you have a shitload of character and layout designs that you're never using again, meaning lots of overtime...

As for shell corporations, that's TM again who created a shell comp to sign the union contract so they could receive work from Dreamworks/Disney, and then subcontract themselves so there are no real Union benefits. I don't think Starburns/Roiland's outfit did that, but who knows. Even then, like Bob's Burgers, a lot of the animation work itself is done by Bardel in Canada.

I'm basing my opinion on what two artists of the actual show have said in this very thread. They needed insurance so they went to the union. That was it. Apparently I don't know the rest of the story.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyxYdj9dGcI

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm basing my opinion on what two artists of the actual show have said in this very thread. They needed insurance so they went to the union. That was it. Apparently I don't know the rest of the story.

I might have it wrong, but I'm going off of someone I know who worked on the first season when it was non-union and my own talks with the union last month. There are probably people closer to the current circumstances than I am so I'll defer to them.

Not too aware of the controversy about people blaming Harmon for it, but would not be surprised if people decided he was the bad guy for dumbass reasons. I wouldn't think that as writer/creator he has final say or even any control over the contracts the artists sign, but considering he's a public figure it's probably that people just use him as a symbol for the show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Neeksy posted:

I might have it wrong, but I'm going off of someone I know who worked on the first season when it was non-union and my own talks with the union last month. There are probably people closer to the current circumstances than I am so I'll defer to them.

Not too aware of the controversy about people blaming Harmon for it, but would not be surprised if people decided he was the bad guy for dumbass reasons. I wouldn't think that as writer/creator he has final say or even any control over the contracts the artists sign, but considering he's a public figure it's probably that people just use him as a symbol for the show.

It may not be fair, but you can't point out and shame the companies or the businessmen who are actually responsible for the screwing. So people have to try to exert pressure through the public figures who might actually care about angry people and have some ability to feel shame.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Neeksy posted:

I wouldn't think that as writer/creator he has final say or even any control over the contracts the artists sign, but considering he's a public figure it's probably that people just use him as a symbol for the show.

Yeah, why would one of the managing partners of the company they worked for have any say in the matter?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Neeksy posted:

Well yeah, personal out-of-pocket finances going into a production like this is a bad idea and isn't the solution to this kind of issue, but underpaying the people who do a lot of the labor on the show is not that great either. The network or the financiers should probably give these shows a better budget considering the demands of quality and production turnaround.

I'm not saying it's not a lovely thing, I'm just saying paying to fix it themselves isn't the answer.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Jerry's game is on Android now if you're a pleb

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Its a really accurate simulation of what its like to be Jerry in season 2, And I am a fuckin pleb, i popped 2 or 3 k balloons last night, but im retiring.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Alan Smithee posted:

Android is so much better than ios it's not even funny.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Oh my god, please stop this idiotic conversation before it starts.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
When is it coming out on Palm OS?

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I need more games for my Newton.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

this was a highly sought after piece in the white elephant gift exchange at work. my friend max who does character design on the show drew this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That's both dope and creepy.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Typical posted:

this was a highly sought after piece in the white elephant gift exchange at work. my friend max who does character design on the show drew this.

Jessica #3's heel strategically placed over what I assume is evil Morty's boner. Nicely done.

Dare I ask what other items were included in that exchange?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
What's the pot for?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Typical posted:

What, no mantis girls?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

This show's been off the air too long. At first for some reason I registered that as Summer (a la Lawnmower Dog) and was grossed out but then was like "Well that's super creepy but it is Evil Morty so I guess it sort of makes sen-- Oh wait."

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I can't wait until Evil Morty is old enough to grow a goatee, just so Rick can give him poo poo over how cliche that is.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

AxeManiac posted:

I can't wait until Evil Morty is old enough to grow a goatee, just so Rick can give him poo poo over how cliche that is.

And then Evil goatee Morty just straight up shoots him.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I would have brought a PS4 box with a cinderblock in it so that it's stealbait (and a itunes giftcard so that I'm not a complete dick)

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Typical posted:

Assuming those are all alternate realities of Jessicas, it'd be pretty great if one of them had an eyepatch too

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
or ants in her eyes

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Buzkashi posted:

Assuming those are all alternate realities of Jessicas, it'd be pretty great if one of them had an eyepatch too

But Evil Morty only wore the eyepatch to hide the tech he was using to control Evil Rick.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Gorilla Salad posted:

But Evil Morty only wore the eyepatch to hide the tech he was using to control Evil Rick.

Maybe she's an Evil Jessica who's using tech to control her own Evil Rick (being a Jessica is sufficient to control her universe's Morty).

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Looking at that picture makes the "I love Morty" song start looping in my head involuntarily.

Mouse Cadet
Mar 19, 2009

All aboard the McEltrain
Next Stop: Atlanta

Ror posted:

Looking at that picture makes the "I love Morty" song start looping in my head involuntarily.

My man!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Typical posted:

Geez, that looks pretty uncomfortable. His neck must be getting sore.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
No way am I going to call to confirm with the other technician. I'm not going to get roped into this thing at work I'm Mr Meeseeks.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYg1N1h1i4M

Zadus Rejan
Nov 9, 2011

Typical posted:

King bad Morty.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Zadus Rejan posted:

King bad Morty.

He was the One True Morty all along.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

VideoTapir posted:

He was the One True Morty all along.
The mortiest morty

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
God bless Bethesda and the weirdos they enable.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I watched that video, the way you become pregnant in the mod is to kill and loot a pregnant woman, then wear her armor.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

moths posted:

I watched that video, the way you become pregnant in the mod is to kill and loot a pregnant woman, then wear her armor.

So just like real life, then.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Pretty much. Better your kids learn from the Skyrim modding community than from the streets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Thank god I wasn't the only one to get that in the recommended videos.

• Locked thread