Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You can't really complain about stuff like the Mask poster because The Mask was already a comic book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

The Sinestro poster might not be "re"drawn but at the very least they drew over top of the Westworld poster.

The original for comparison:

The brush strokes are different so it's just just a recolor, the robot face in the Sinestro version looks like the one in the movie but not the one in the poster, and there are elements taken out or added in.

That's not the poster I was referencing.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

muscles like this? posted:

That's not the poster I was referencing.

Okay yeah, that's bad.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

If I heard correctly, those comic book posters are going to be all the covers of DC's titles for a month next year. Unfortunately, they're just the covers, the stories inside are going to be the same old bullshit. If they were actually doing stories like Batman and Superman in The Fugitive, etc., I'd care a whole lot more. But, yeah, some of them are good, some are just lazy-rear end bullshit.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Everybody shut up and look at how atrocious the Harry Potter one is.

To put it bluntly, that is not fit for public consumption.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

If I heard correctly, those comic book posters are going to be all the covers of DC's titles for a month next year. Unfortunately, they're just the covers, the stories inside are going to be the same old bullshit. If they were actually doing stories like Batman and Superman in The Fugitive, etc., I'd care a whole lot more. But, yeah, some of them are good, some are just lazy-rear end bullshit.

Really, the only one that was good was the "Super Man" one that started it. Also, that suddenly makes sense since all those titles are Warner Bros. owned titles.

But, yeah, that Sinestro is totally lame, out of context, and inappropriate to the character. Seriously, that really should be Cyborg or Metallo or another robot or cyborg character.

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

69: Matched Pairs

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Young Freud posted:

Really, the only one that was good was the "Super Man" one that started it. Also, that suddenly makes sense since all those titles are Warner Bros. owned titles.

But, yeah, that Sinestro is totally lame, out of context, and inappropriate to the character. Seriously, that really should be Cyborg or Metallo or another robot or cyborg character.

I thought that one was alright. I liked the Bullitt and Bill & Ted ones as well, but yeah, a lot of them were just entirely unreasonable.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Mask/Batman one is kinda funny when you remember that there was an actual crossover comic where the Joker wore the Mask.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

STYLISH MIRACLE ALL THE WORLD

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

corn in the bible posted:

STYLISH MIRACLE MIRRACLE ALL THE WORLD

Ftfy

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

STYLISH MIRACLE ALL THE WORLD

It's a great movie and that terrible cover art looks a lot better on a DVD case than it has any right to.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

<Ghost in the Shell> of Mamoru Oshii

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Everybody shut up and look at how atrocious the Harry Potter one is.

To put it bluntly, that is not fit for public consumption.

Any drawing with batcow is immediately redeemed.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

ShufflerZero posted:

(Crack Up poster of which I messed up the link due to phoneposting)

I work in a photostore and sometimes, when people want a photo in a frame that won't fit, they're like "can't you just print it so it'll fit?"

I guess those people approved this.

Thanks for doing these by the way, they crack me...

UP

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
More Movies I Have Seen This Year:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
That loving tagline.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Forgall posted:

That loving tagline.

I remember this movie coming up in conversation elsewhere and swore I would seek it out, yet I've still not seen it.

from what I remember the trailer is incredible.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFSIK4lEYGk

That uh...sure is a trailer!

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Movie itself doesn't quite live up to the trailer. (Or even that tagline)

I DOES have a fantastic masterclass in Monologuing by John Saxon, though. This one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmHK_Tu6ahk is good, his motivational speech to his fellow cops is even better.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
I remember Razorback being amazing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Distorted Kiwi posted:

More Movies I Have Seen This Year:

That dinosaur is NOT amused. It's quite obvious from his expression that this is something Kong is always doing.

Kong, however, always thinks this is hilarious.

We've all had friends like Kong.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

First Major League now this. Corbin Bernson's movie marriage life can't catch a break.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Santa's into some kinky poo poo.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

Davros1 posted:

That dinosaur is NOT amused. It's quite obvious from his expression that this is something Kong is always doing.

Kong, however, always thinks this is hilarious.

We've all had friends like Kong.

And as he's learnt from bitter experience, his stumpy arms will never allow him to fight his way out of a Kong-Noogie.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Adam Sandler's new movie adaptation of that one Futurama episode?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

bowser posted:

Short film actually.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

bowser posted:

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

I dunno. I see the effort. Maybe it will be good.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

bowser posted:

Whoa. Actually, pretty literally...I just looked up the plot and that's more or less exactly what the movie is about.

I sure hope there's an autistic child character who is obsessed with going to California.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 42 hours!

CaptainHollywood posted:

I dunno. I see the effort. Maybe it will be good.

Almost everybody working on this movie behind the scenes, with any power to make it good, looks to have just been involved with Happy Madison movies and mediocre romantic comedies in recent years. The only exception is the director, who did the early Harry Potter movies and, apparently, Home Alone.

I would not put my faith in this movie being good.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Cleretic posted:

Almost everybody working on this movie behind the scenes, with any power to make it good, looks to have just been involved with Happy Madison movies and mediocre romantic comedies in recent years. The only exception is the director, who did the early Harry Potter movies and, apparently, Home Alone.

The last time Adam Sandler made a comedy with actual effort and special effects we got Little Nicky. And even then the product placement wasn't front-and-center on every single poster.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cleretic posted:

Wait, people don't know who Chris Columbus is anymore?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Those are clearly voxels, not pixels.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
At least Peter Dinklage is in it, so you know he will be phoning it in for the paycheck giving a good performance.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Baron von Eevl posted:

Those are clearly voxels, not pixels.

There's already several Delta Force movies. No Outcast movies, though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

monster on a stick posted:

At least Peter Dinklage is in it, so you know he will be phoning it in for the paycheck giving a good performance.

those pixels came from the moon.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

monster on a stick posted:

We'll see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Josh Gad is basically the worst.