Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

uublog posted:

The one who was plain or the one who was bland?

The one who looked like an egg with his egg-shaped head, egg-shaped goatee, wore a yolk-coloured shirt and even had a little matching Mayor McEgg tie and suspenders set.

Edit: Doug I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

uublog posted:

The one who was plain or the one who was bland?

It's as Doug as the nose on plain's face.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Him?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Tracked this thread down just to ask, who the gently caress names their kid Cerulean?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Weirdos.

Also, looks like I get a week off from watching Jeopardy!

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Not a Children posted:

Tracked this thread down just to ask, who the gently caress names their kid Cerulean?

His lesbian parents in all likelihood so of course he lives in Brooklyn

He did have massive cojones betting 11 grand in double though

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Not a Children posted:

They actually had an interview with that kid on WNYC (the NYC NPR affiliate) today on All Things Considered.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Island Nation posted:

He did have massive cojones betting 11 grand in double though

With a name like Cerulean, he pretty much had to do it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I was definitely cheering for him after that 11k bet.

Also I have a soft spot for anyone who's good at the geography categories.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I feel really bad for the girl who couldn't play FJ tonight. They should have let her play but not wager. She looked like she was ready to cry!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

After Trebek's announcement today, it makes me wanna go back and watch yesterday's episode.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Aliquid posted:

After Trebek's announcement today, it makes me wanna go back and watch yesterday's episode.

Won't be able to watch tonight. Can you post it in the thread?

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
Yesterday's episode was completely preempted here in DC for some kind of roundtable discussion about cops killing black people.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
and I thought Cerulean was an odd name. ZANE ICE?!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Was it about ties no longer being a thing? I knew that was coming thanks to jboard posters.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Are they going to have sudden death questions?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Yup

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Intentional ties suck. Otoh,
http://youtu.be/5y3tb-DVow0

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Lol what the gently caress kind of kid wants to grow up to be a loving corporate attorney?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

The Piper posted:

and I thought Cerulean was an odd name. ZANE ICE?!

Change the glasses and that's pretty much me at that age.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Haha Travis from today's show is an acquaintance of mine from college.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Don't lie, that's Will Sasso.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

We came perilously close to a triple zero finish there

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I can name MAYBE ten presidents (Can you tell I'm Canadian?) and even I figured it would have been Truman or Johnson. Unfortunately I guessed Truman because he was earlier, but holy poo poo.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

I also guessed Truman. I knew Johnson was a senator but I didn't know he was a representative. I knew Nixon was a representative but didn't know if he was a senator.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Not Jeopardy but if you can Tivo or on demand or whatever yesterdays Wheel of Fortune do it because theres some funny autistic kids on it

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

HookShot posted:

I can name MAYBE ten presidents (Can you tell I'm Canadian?)

That doesn't preclude you from being American, either.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As much as I throw shade in Wheel of Fortune's direction, it's pretty easy to forget that both Wheel and Jeopardy have been produced for the past fifteen years by the same guy: Harry Friedman. I have a lot of respect for him for what he's been able to do over the years, so I thought it was very interesting when his emails detailing a conflict between CBS, the NFL, and Sony Pictures Entertainment were part of the Sony email leak.

tl;dr:

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 13, 2014

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
That was actually pretty drat interesting. I'm Canadian and don't give two fucks about football and wondered why some episodes this year were never recorded.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Even as a fan of Football, I hate that they only broadcast Jeopardy! at 1:52AM. Why even bother?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

I'm just glad that it's the ABC affiliate that broadcasts Jeopardy here in NYC, and not CBS so I didn't have to deal with this. But still, that was some pretty interesting back and forth between Friedman, the Sony Pictures guys, and the CBS people. Friedman's idea for the DVR thing at the end of the exchange is genius, though. It's probably never gonna get implemented, sadly.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Colonial Air Force posted:

Even as a fan of Football, I hate that they only broadcast Jeopardy! at 1:52AM. Why even bother?

Because if you're watching it on your DVR, it doesn't particularly matter as long as it airs *sometime* to be recorded.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I think the guy on the right side stole the Jeopardy pen today! Watch him at the end of the game.

Also, has there ever been an easier poetry question for FJ?

wa27 fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 16, 2014

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
That certainly explains why my DVR never records the Friday episode of Jeopardy.

I keep forgetting to go to the Canadian channel that has it on at 7:30 and record it then on Fridays until after I've noticed that I'm missing it, and my DVR sucks too much to go forward a whole week at a time, so I always end up forgetting.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

wa27 posted:

I think the guy on the right side stole the Jeopardy pen today! Watch him at the end of the game.

Also, has there ever been an easier poetry question?

God the interview with that guy was a bummer.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

God the interview with that guy was a bummer.

I always skip the interviews (yay DVR). What happened?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I always skip the interviews (yay DVR). What happened?

Alex asked him about being a rocket scientist and he mentioned that he had done work on some NASA contracts. Alex asked him what he does now that we don't send up shuttles anymore. "I design websites now :geno:"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/sony-hack-alex-trebek-says-maybe-its-time-to-leave-jeopardy-20141612

Alex is the best. :allears:

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

When I read the setup I thought it was going to be like that Howard Stern situation from America's Got Talent, where he made a kid cry and felt really bad about it. But, nope! It was pretty much the opposite of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

"She wasn't upset for losing, she was upset she couldn't keep playing!"

Well, she couldn't keep playing because she lost. That's how the game works, and it's how it's worked forever. Sorry?