Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

laxbro posted:

He bought a motorcycle according to his post history. Down payment on a ducati?

Hot drat! That is intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X
Makes sense. $1200 doesn't even start to cover gear though. ESPECIALLY not baller gear. That's barely a helmet and jacket. Let alone boots, pants, gloves, new baller sunglasses, etc.

otter space
Apr 10, 2007

So we're about to relive the Backpanther thread?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

laxbro posted:

He bought a motorcycle according to his post history. Down payment on a ducati?

Where? This is the only thread he posted in for the last month or so, he doesn't post in many others.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Yeah, I did a quick search myself and didn't find anything.

Though it's possible I missed something.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.
If SlowMo did buy a motorcycle he wouldn't wear full gear.

Full gear doesn't look baller, a corona tank top and flip flops look baller.

Also if he dies in debt without any dependents that's like winning at the debt game. They'll never collect now!

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
*drives motorcycle 5 blocks over to ex-wife's apartment he's paying rent for*

Baaaaller

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

Perhaps you forgot his American flag shirt. There is only :patriot: one PATRIOTIC way :patriot: to build upon that.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

SarutosZero posted:

*drives motorcycle 5 blocks over to ex-wife's apartment he's paying rent for*

Baaaaller

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
"Hey guys, sorry I have been gone for a few months. Because I am too smart, baller, and handsome to take motorcycle safety courses or buy the correct gear, I wheelied my Ducati into the back of a semi-trailer at 85mph and my spine turned into mush. I am learning to adjust to my new life as a quadriplegic, but at least they are giving me some fantastic drugs now"

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
He didn't get a motorcycle. He's not cool enough to own one and he's not tough enough to ride it in this weather.

Babby's new habby is to kupet drencrom.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

I think the lack of posting is due to him working 14 hour days. Only logical conclusion. He also took back all his new hobby stuff because he now has no time to use it.

SolTerrasa
Sep 2, 2011

spwrozek posted:

I think the lack of posting is due to him working 14 hour days. Only logical conclusion. He also took back all his new hobby stuff because he now has no time to use it.

Nah, I bet he rented a storage unit for it. Great economic decision. It's only $1 for the first month, and his bonus will have paid out by the time he needs to pay full price. The place nearest me will even let you pay the rent on a credit card.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Wasn't his last review around this time of year? :ohdear:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

FrozenVent posted:

Wasn't his last review around this time of year? :ohdear:

He already got it, and it was again mediocre at best

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

He's just butt-hurt from all the poo poo we've given him and is sulking.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Nam Taf posted:

He's just butt-hurt from all the poo poo we've given him and is sulking.

Which is why he's going to be rewarding himself with a new 500 dollar rug.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
It better tie the room together

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Dwight Eisenhower posted:

Also if he dies in debt without any dependents that's like winning at the debt game. They'll never collect now!
Full (squid) gear, missing FLAG:

spwrozek posted:

Coke dealers take back used coke? How does that work, anyway? Do you blow your nose after each line, save the tissue, and attempt to return that? LOL.

VVV Indeed, whoops.

SiGmA_X fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 16, 2014

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!

SiGmA_X posted:

Full (squib) gear, missing FLAG:

Coke dealers take back used coke? How does that work, anyway? Do you blow your nose after each line, save the tissue, and attempt to return that? LOL.

Squid, FYI.

Slow Motion
Jul 19, 2004

My favorite things in life are sex, drugs, feeling like a baller, and being $30,000 in debt.
I HAVE WONDERFUL NEWS. My ex-wife took a seasonal job in Alaska. That can only be a positive in my life.

Money-wise I estimated my December hours at 110. Net bonus was $8,000. After paying off all credit cards and poo poo I have $5,500 in my checking. After spending for the rest of this month and my last pay check I'm probably going to start the new year with $7,000 in checking and owing $11,000 to the 401k. I'd be comfortable with that outcome.

The egg tutorial is still coming. Just been a bit busy.

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE

in_cahoots
Sep 12, 2011

Slow Motion posted:

I might shoot for a 200 in November to take the pressure off. With 200 in November I would only need 125 in December. Of course I'm paid an annual bonus based my own estimate of December hours so I could always just say "200 in December". But after saying 150 at that point last year and then only billing 90 (rolling forward a $3,000 deficit in my bonus account for January) I want to be as realistic as possible this year.

You 'budget' your hours the way you 'budget' your money: overpromise, underdeliver. Has it occurred to you that maybe you aren't the best at understanding your own motivations and accomplishments? Between this, the failed exams, and the mediocre reviews I would be doing some serious reflection.

So what happened in December to push your hours so low compared to what you estimated in October?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Dude the title is what's the hobby at least say if it's illegal or just embarrassing.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Slow Motion posted:

I HAVE WONDERFUL NEWS. My ex-wife took a seasonal job in Alaska. That can only be a positive in my life.

Money-wise I estimated my December hours at 110. Net bonus was $8,000. After paying off all credit cards and poo poo I have $5,500 in my checking. After spending for the rest of this month and my last pay check I'm probably going to start the new year with $7,000 in checking and owing $11,000 to the 401k. I'd be comfortable with that outcome.

Isn't 108 the minimum hours per month? Aim High, Slo Mo.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Slow Motion posted:

I win.

Slow Motion
Jul 19, 2004

My favorite things in life are sex, drugs, feeling like a baller, and being $30,000 in debt.

PassTheRemote posted:

Isn't 108 the minimum hours per month? Aim High, Slo Mo.

I realized that I'm not going to pay off the 401k loan by EOY.

So rather that estimate high and potentially carry forward negative accrual I estimated low to carry forward a positive accrual. And hell; if I get married again in 2015 the tax burden will be less on the carry forward than it would have been if taxed in 2014.

81 billed in December as of this morning.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Slow Motion posted:

So rather that estimate high and potentially carry forward negative accrual I estimated low to carry forward a positive accrual. And hell; if I get married again in 2015 the tax burden will be less on the carry forward than it would have been if taxed in 2014.

What's his name?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

SloMO hows your new LARPing hobby treating ya?

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Slow Motion posted:

And hell; if I get married again in 2015 the tax burden will be less on the carry forward

:psyboom:

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web

Veskit posted:

What's his name?
Their name, okay, it's another threesome.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

moana posted:

Their name, okay, it's another threesome.

Him, his ex-wife, and the guy who wrote the book about them?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Slow Motion posted:

How many days will you be working between December 22-January 4?

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Slow Motion posted:

I'm at a net operating loss for words.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Slow Motion posted:

Haha, yeah, good luck son.

I like that even after the massive thing a year ago about you aiming too high and setting yourself up for failure all the time and how that's not a healthy mindset, you still do it every loving time.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Slow Motion posted:

And hell; if I get married again in 2015

Wait, what the gently caress, this needs some explaining.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

Slow Motion posted:

And hell; if I get married again in 2015 the tax burden will be less on the carry forward than it would have been if taxed in 2014.
Hobby found.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
He's been filming for 90 day fiance

Old Fart
Jul 25, 2013

Nail Rat posted:

Wait, what the gently caress, this needs some explaining.
Don't worry, he's got all his poo poo figured out and is totally healthy. You can tell because he's still keeping in touch with his abusive ex-wife and requires her to go somewhere else in order to be done with her.

Nothing to see here, carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Queef
Mar 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Sardonik posted:

I'm at a net operating loss for words.

:drat:

I feel like many in the thread didn't get this and you didn't get the recognition you deserve.

• Locked thread