Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

p'nus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Nelson MandEULA posted:

it's hilarious that this is local news in k/w

To be fair, it isn't really a city, it's just two towns right next to each other, built on the hilliest(sp.?) terrain in Southwestern Ontario.
RIM was the biggest thing to happen them since getting an OHL team.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
sweet jp looks like aeon flux

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
If anyone is interested http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_Municipality_of_Waterloo

The big tech companies here (OpenText, RIM, Desire2Learn) were all started at the University of Waterloo. The school does have a very good engineering program and Silicon Valley actively recruits from there. But most students leave here and go back to China or India. The ones that stay usually want to settle and start a family.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

ive been making jokes about how bad blackberries are for years and now work gave me one

its really bad i'm not joking

a preferable phone would be no phone at all

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Martytoof posted:

ive been making jokes about how bad blackberries are for years and now work gave me one

haha you fell under a wizard's curse

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Martytoof posted:

ahahahaha you work for a canadian company

a bad canadian company

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Martytoof posted:

what about a featurephone from like 2004

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
which egyptian month is it now anyway

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
The month of frustration.

pram posted:

sweet jp looks like aeon flux

Must be the camera angle. The guy who did it made the Animatrix short with the track runner. Then spent seven years making Redline.
If I recall correctly, the Aeon Flux creator also made a short for it; the one with the girl collecting samples on the surface.

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Sham bam bamina! posted:

which egyptian month is it now anyway

koiak

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sham bam bamina! posted:

what about a featurephone from like 2004

like the razr v3? if i had to use an old phone, that'd be it.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
bbry is gonna party like its 2006!

latest and greatest new phone from those innovators in waterloo

pram
Jun 10, 2001
lol this is like Motorola releasing a dumb phone razr

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
I prefer "classic" things like cars and watches and vintage clothing. also i am too stupid to operate a normal phone.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FMguru posted:

can't wait for the joanna stern review

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kenny Logins posted:

can't wait for the joanna stern review

ha ha the comments on her review were the best

so many angry bbry fans furious about the "unprofessionalism" and dragging out their big bag of sexist putdowns

jo stern owns

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

FMguru posted:

ha ha the comments on her review were the best

so many angry bbry fans furious about the "unprofessionalism" and dragging out their big bag of sexist putdowns

jo stern owns
agreed. angry bb fans are so loving square, the comments are just variations on "well i never" and "non-technical women and children"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kenny Logins posted:

agreed. angry bb fans are so loving square, the comments are just variations on "well i never" and "non-technical women and children"
while you CRAPPLETARDS are playing with your TOYS i am GETTING WORK DONE on my PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS MACHINE

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lead tech reporter for one of the most read publications on earth: housewife
junior warehouse supervisor in hayseed, nebraska: SRS BZNS PROFESSIONAL

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

lol they want $450 for that.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

qirex posted:

lead tech reporter for one of the most read publications on earth: housewife

the funny part is that she also has a wife

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Cocoa Crispies posted:

the funny part is that she also has a wife

and most of them don't, hence the anger

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

FMguru posted:

build what you know.

also, tbf, the people who still want a BB want exactly that. they tried "innovation" with the z series, and look where that got them.

also blackberry deathwatch sounds like an iwatch competitor with a horrible failure mode.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

infernal machines posted:

also blackberry deathwatch sounds like an iwatch competitor with a horrible failure mode.

still better than their current offerings

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

infernal machines posted:

also, tbf, the people who still want a BB want exactly that
true but thats by definition a shrinking dwindling market

maybe if they hang on long enough theyll have a second life as a nostalgia brand like harley davidson and those jukebox manufacturers

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
It is beyond unprofessional of the WSJ to put a piece of cheese on keyboard.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
I felt it was journalistically unprofessional to do a review with video showing a piece of cheese falling of the screen.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
When the WSJ did an unprofessional review including showing cheese peeling of of the screen, why didn't they try and bend a Blackberry Passport?

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
Ooh. I guess most of the world's consumers don't read the WSJ's "cheesy" articles on technology. BlackBerry just reported they have sold through their entire stock of Passports.

On launch day.

Glad I bought mine first thing in the morning.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
It also does phone calls, web browsing, and document editing better than any other smartphone. Plus, it runs Android apps better than most Android devices.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
"Falls short." "Behind." "Last gasp." "Clunky." "Outdated."

Whatever. I woke up at 5:45am PT to see the live stream, and I'm more than excited for this device. You guys can keep covering your screens with cheese, while I enjoy the best mobile experience available.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Kirk posted:

I woke up at 5:45am PT to see the live stream,

i need a minute

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

quote:

Wow! What a sarcastic audio review of the new Passport. Thus phone is not designed to be one handed nor the optimal consumer device with all the favorite apps. It has a specialized focus for the business or professional user who understands the virtues of a wider screen for easier viewing and a keyboard that provides maximum flexibility. It's unfortunate that WSJ missed the point. I am a long time subscriber.

quote:

This review missed the point. The new Passport is not designed for the general consumer audience so why would a publication such as the Wall Street Journal not recognize that? I am a WSJ subscriber.

quote:

The new BlackBerry Passport is not designed to be a device for the general consumer audience. It has unique advantages for the business and professional user. It is surprising that the Wall Street Journal, a business publication, would miss the point and write such a review. I am a long time WSJ subscriber.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
If don't use your phone for typing emails/text, the Passport's touch-enabled keyboard won't appeal to you.

If you don't use your phone for voice calling, the Passport's innovative audio sensor system and best in market speaker won't appeal to you.

If you don't use your phone to browse the web, the Passport's best in market HTML5 web browser won't appeal to you.

If you don't use your phone a lot, the Passport's largest in market battery won't appeal to you.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Kirk posted:

It has a specialized focus for the business or professional user who understands the virtues of a wider screen for easier viewing and a keyboard that provides maximum flexibility.
if he's after flexibility shouldn't he want an iphone then??

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

quote:

quote:

But my company issued us IPhones and Androids and no longer support BB. Since the majority of users were from big businesses that could fund the support, I sense the game is over.
What software is managing your company's iPhones and Androids? Probably BlackBerry.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
BB fans in defense of the passport: you're holding it wrong

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

holy loving lol at voluntarily using BES as an MDM solution without being forced to for legacy BB support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
If this reviewer had half a brain they would have realized they could have side loaded the Snap app which is a full build of the Google Play store so you can simply install any Google App you may want.

MS Lync, Uber, Google Maps, SnapChat, Spotify, Instagram or anything you want and I am guessing that Blackberry OS 10 users could also soon gain access to the full iTunes App store as well with Apple CarPlay coming out which runs onto Blackberry OS in the automobile market.

• Locked thread