Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
They're both extremely bad people for different reasons. Skyler was just less likable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Since this is The Walking Bad thread now I guess I'll toss in why I don't like Skyler.

On Walt's birthday, before he did any drug stuff at all, she offers him a no eye contact, not even take off her pajamas, lackluster handjob while she reads a magazine. For his birthday.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

STAC Goat posted:

But... he was fun to watch and she was just worried about her bills and her son's life and not going to jail and silly stuff like that. Why'd she have to be so mean to Walt?

She was a woman.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
No thread can escape random Skylerchat, especially during downtime.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Skyler was a flat tire. Worst thing you can be on TV is annoying. It's worse than being evil.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

She was right though.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I thought the Governor practicing his follow through on Martinez and then feeding him to the pit was about Martinez admitting weakness and a fear/inability to successfully lead, which is anathema to a crazy psycho murdering Governor who has an extremely firmly established (lol) worldview re: strength and safety in the apocolypse. I thought it actually fit the character really well, as it captured his ruthlessness and desire for power, presented as it was to his peer groups wrapped in the desire to protect, though we all know how insincere that trait ultimately was.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Then why did he keep saying he didn't want it while he was killing Martinez?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I would have liked that whole arc better if he had taken power through his charisma instead of by killing off the competition. IMO that would have lent more weight to his claims that Rick's group was a bunch of bad people and that they could only trust him to do the right thing, even if it meant killing others. Instead we get him and the guy who played Charlie on Fringe going nuts until they both die horribly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

FlamingLiberal posted:

guy who played Charlie on Fringe going nuts until they both die horribly.

If you want to see him go crazy watch OZ.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

enraged_camel posted:

I don't remember the details but I think Andrea had a lot of potential as a character who was sheltered and naive to the point of believing that peace and diplomacy could solve every problem. Unfortunately the writers couldn't find a way to portray that without making her super annoying, and the main diplomacy skill they gave her was loving the Governor.

Oh, they hosed her up long before that when she was playing the role of brat know it all teenager in adult form. You just wanted to reach through the tv and backhand her constantly before she even met the gov.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Perfidus posted:

Then why did he keep saying he didn't want it while he was killing Martinez?

Short answer: he's a crazed, mass-murdering psychopath.
Long answer: he's a crazed, mass-murdering psychopath who, if but just a sliver, recognizes the monster within and wishes it would stop/ die, as his little wandering sequence seems to perhaps support.

Fair enough, though.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would have liked that whole arc better if he had taken power through his charisma instead of by killing off the competition. IMO that would have lent more weight to his claims that Rick's group was a bunch of bad people and that they could only trust him to do the right thing, even if it meant killing others. Instead we get him and the guy who played Charlie on Fringe going nuts until they both die horribly.

I read the arc as being driven by the aim not to show the credibility of the Governor, but rather the fatal-flaw tragedy of his own hubris and downfall. He's like a broken, egomaniacal version of Rick, sort of. This being a morally-ordered world were Rick remains The Good Guy.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Since this is The Walking Bad thread now I guess I'll toss in why I don't like Skyler.

On Walt's birthday, before he did any drug stuff at all, she offers him a no eye contact, not even take off her pajamas, lackluster handjob while she reads a magazine. For his birthday.

She was betting on a listing on Ebay and only acted excited during the countdown when she won the auction.

Her best scene was the one quoted in this thread's title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1l414ORrrI

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The Walking Dead spinoff show is going to take place in LA.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/16/walking-dead-los-angeles/

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

And it's being filmed in South Carolina. :mmmsmug:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Walking Dead: Los Angeles
Walking Dead: Miami
Walking Dead: Special Zombies Squad

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Lycus posted:

Walking Dead: Los Angeles
Walking Dead: Miami
Walking Dead: Special Zombies Squad

I was simultaneously surprised and not surprised at all to learn there is now an NCIS: New Orleans.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nawleens

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Walking Dead spinoff show is going to take place in LA.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/16/walking-dead-los-angeles/

Does this suggest a big change from earlier rumours on what the shows characters would be like? I seem to remember the casting spoilers sounding more like a Jericho style small town.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Did this ever get posted here? Thought it was a riot when I first saw it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdjBR-vb11Y

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Are those your kids? I can't imagine any other reason you would post that.

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
It's one kid. That's cool, lots of people enjoy it though based on the views, likes and comments.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

He's a good, strong, shirtless boy. Not unwatchable at all.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I'm actually pretty salty over there being a Los Angeles based Walking Dead spinoff. Atlanta and Georgia as a whole gets so little love from any media, and when we finally get something that's set in my home city and state, motherfucking LA swoops in basically puts up a neon sign going "HERE'S A MORE RECOGNIZABLE CITY, COME LOOK AT THE ZOMBIE CELEBS". Let Atlanta have some popularity of its own, goddamn it.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Redkist posted:

Response video.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Redkist posted:

Yeah someone posted that a long time ago it's pretty funny

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

I'm actually pretty salty over there being a Los Angeles based Walking Dead spinoff. Atlanta and Georgia as a whole gets so little love from any media, and when we finally get something that's set in my home city and state, motherfucking LA swoops in basically puts up a neon sign going "HERE'S A MORE RECOGNIZABLE CITY, COME LOOK AT THE ZOMBIE CELEBS". Let Atlanta have some popularity of its own, goddamn it.
I have a feeling since it's being shot in SC that we will see less of LA than we've seen of Atlanta in the regular series

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Err yeah as a resident of South Carolina I can confirm that there is absolutely nothing in this state that resembles LA even remotely.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
It will not be a true LA zombie appcalypse without a lot of crowded freeways...I've never been to SC but I can't imagine they'd have the massive, weaving sprawl of freeways necessary to get the point across.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Wasn't one season of The Colony in LA basically because they could just start shooting wherever and have it look like the apocalypse had already rolled though town?

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

dirksteadfast posted:

It will not be a true LA zombie appcalypse without a lot of crowded freeways...I've never been to SC but I can't imagine they'd have the massive, weaving sprawl of freeways necessary to get the point across.

I'll put it this way there was a lot of excitement recently when they underwent a project to add extra lanes to the interstate around the capital city. We went from four total lanes to six!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

What's the point of setting it in LA if its still going to look like everytown, USA?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Zombie celebrity guest stars.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

A cash grab spin-off is going to be lazy, and LA is the default lazy setting. Hell, even NYC would be more interesting.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Pharmaskittle posted:

A cash grab spin-off is going to be lazy, and LA is the default lazy setting. Hell, even NYC would be more interesting.

But usually it's a lazy setting because they're already in LA, the lovely writers live in and know LA, etc. Going to South Carolina to imitate a post-apocalyptic LA seems kinda weird.

Wouldn't mind a Northern Exposure/Walking Dead spinoff myself.

vvvv Dark times when I have to fact check somethingawful.com!

Remy Marathe fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 19, 2014

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3

Remy Marathe posted:

But usually it's a lazy setting because they're already in LA, the lovely writers live in and know LA, etc. Going to South Carolina to imitate a post-apocalyptic LA seems kinda weird.

I'm pretty sure the South Carolina thing was a joke. At least I don't remember reading that in the article we were discussing.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Remy Marathe posted:

Oh, I didn't know they were (supposedly) talking about shooting someplace else, and meant because of all the reasons you just listed. Apocalyptic Mexico would be cool.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Remy Marathe posted:

That would be pretty awesome. There are some places way up north that are so isolated they get one shipment of stuff in each year. If Day 0 was just as the boat was pulling out, they could be months into an outbreak before they'd even see a zombie because its possible that it could be that long before people in such a tiny place might die anyhow.

Maybe news would get to them, but what could they really do? It isn't easy to leave those places, and where would they go? They're mostly set for the coming year, but there is legitimately nowhere to scavenge and only so many reindeer to hunt. poo poo would feel claustrophobic so fast.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I hope we get a "Walking Dead: Lisbon" soon about a group of intrepid survivors making it through the apocalypse in the castle overlooking the city, grilling sardines and drinking green wine, so I could better relate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

moths posted:

Zombie celebrity guest stars.

Oh I hope so. :allears:

• Locked thread