Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Nice, I was hoping another person could talk about how they dont care about the game but just had to chip in anyway

I do care about the game, never going to play it, but I do care. Never said I didn't. I just don't take it seriously.

If you honestly cared as half as much as you pretend to, you'd stop using Steam for example. But you don't, you want to be offended to show what a good guy you are and not a dirty nerd gamer you are about this niche dumb issue only gamers care about. Now they will make money off you being a moron, and I'm laughing over the fact your immaturity is the only reason you aren't getting what you want, aka this game to fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
:gas:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I came back from work to see 2 gifts waiting for me: Frontiers from fukapo and Zafehouse Diaries from mark greyam. Big thanks to you guys, both games look pretty cool.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

I do care about the game, never going to play it, but I do care. Never said I didn't. I just don't take it seriously.

If you honestly cared as half as much as you pretend to, you'd stop using Steam for example. But you don't, you want to be offended to show what a good guy you are and not a dirty nerd gamer you are about this niche dumb issue only gamers care about. Now they will make money off you being a moron, and I'm laughing over the fact your immaturity is the only reason you aren't getting what you want, aka this game to fail.

sounds like you take this stupid game pretty srsly. didn't know i was gettin monies taken from me but I guess I got owned!!!!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Quick, add a bunch of text to the OP so this thread can get nuked before the sale starts.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I've finally got Steam Idle Master going, rocking the cards from the last of my 17 games I haven't played yet. Have the prices for cards dropped, or could I still make somewhat significant dollars from selling them now? I was looking in this thread for talk about card prices, but did nazi anything in the last few pages about it.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I've finally got Steam Idle Master going, rocking the cards from the last of my 17 games I haven't played yet. Have the prices for cards dropped, or could I still make somewhat significant dollars from selling them now? I was looking in this thread for talk about card prices, but did nazi anything in the last few pages about it.

you could probably make a few bucks for a couple minutes work

Orv
May 4, 2011

Card prices haven't fluctuated too much from all the gem stuff. What was worthless is still pretty worthless, etc.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

You should concentrate your efforts on selling now. I have been selling a fair amount of cards from new games the past few days, and haven't noticed a big dip in prices. That really happens when there is a big sale and a new flood of cards hits the market.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Prices are nazi rising at the nazi moment, which is consistent for a nazi sale. Most common cards nazi run for around 7-10 cents nazi, with rares and games that noone bought rising to the nazi 20s. Aarklash nazi Legacy is one.

Selected at random - prices appear to have stabilized to $0.10 for the past few days. Boosters are running slightly higher than average price and Gems are beginning to stabilize on around a dollar for a thousand, with a variance of around $0.11.

So what's Hatred about? (I'm loving joking, spergs).

Hav fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 17, 2014

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

MinibarMatchman posted:

sounds like you take this stupid game pretty srsly. didn't know i was gettin monies taken from me but I guess I got owned!!!!

"hmmm, he says he 'cares', time to say he takes it seriously because he made a post. But wait, I made a post...n-no"

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

Ragequit posted:

You should concentrate your efforts on selling now. I have been selling a fair amount of cards from new games the past few days, and haven't noticed a big dip in prices. That really happens when there is a big sale and a new flood of cards hits the market.

You are reich about one thing - the sale hasn't caused prices to drop yet.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Hav posted:

Prices are nazi rising at the nazi moment, which is consistent for a nazi sale. Most common cards nazi run for around 7-10 cents nazi, with rares and games that noone bought rising to the nazi 20s. Aarklash nazi Legacy is one.

Don't sign your posts :D.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Hooray, I managed to turn a bunch of worthless cards and a few duplicate emotes into a copy of Dungeonmans (8300 gems), a game I was actually about to pay real $ for.

Of course, with my luck it will be 80% off in the sale or something and I will have lost a few funbuck equivalents but at least I can play now.

At this point are cards ever worth turning into gems directly?

With gems going for $1 per thousand it seems like it is always better to sell them for the .10 cents or whatever.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Substandard posted:

At this point are cards ever worth turning into gems directly?

No. There were a handful of foils worth turning into gems but they were few and far between and only really early on.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

NutritiousSnack posted:

Hav posted:

Ddraig posted:

My suggestion to you would be to learn what the First Amendment actually is. It would help your case greatly.

Powercrazy posted:

Actually that would be taking a legalistic approach to the first amendment, while also important, does not limit the scope of free speech in anyway.

Jesus loving christ.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'll stream Magicians & Looters later, also Skype and Stream Broadcasting don't seem to get along very well

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Hav posted:

I did nazi that coming. :downsrim:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Was it just gems crafted during the auction/sale that are sticking around or will the ability to recycle items stick around too?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
I could have sworn I had one bookmarked but is there a good site that tracks the total prices of card sets? I made a few bucks shuffling cards and gems and I was thinking about upping my steam level for those sweet sweet booster pack drops.

Also, was it ever revealed what Hatred's TOS violation was? Kind of moot now considering Gaben added them back but when literal scams like War Z were allowed to remain I'm really curious what sort of violation they could possible have had.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Given the relatively low key behaviour of the Hatred devs, I'm reminded of that meme where Hitler is talking about wanting to kill all the Jews in a polite, calm manner while his opponent is being open minded but screaming and ranting and swearing. :v:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

Was it just gems crafted during the auction/sale that are sticking around or will the ability to recycle items stick around too?

I think the ability to recycle poo poo will stick around, yeah. Otherwise it would make no sense to keep gems around.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kibayasu posted:

The booster creator has its own interface separate from the auction stuff so I think that and the recycling will both stick around.

robziel posted:

I could have sworn I had one bookmarked but is there a good site that tracks the total prices of card sets?
steam.tools/cards

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

I think the ability to recycle poo poo will stick around, yeah. Otherwise it would make no sense to keep gems around.

If that's right I guess auctions might become a more regular thing, or some other kind of event to spend them on. Otherwise they'd just be another useless item in your inventory.

Edit: Oh right, booster crafting.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Given the relatively low key behaviour of the Hatred devs, I'm reminded of that meme where Hitler is talking about wanting to kill all the Jews in a polite, calm manner while his opponent is being open minded but screaming and ranting and swearing. :v:

I'm guessing "inappropriate or offensive content" or "racism, or discrimination".

Also, Bundle Stars put a new simulator bundle up, and apparently this is a thing that exists.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

CrashCat posted:

The booster creator has its own interface separate from the auction stuff so I think that and the recycling will both stick around.
steam.tools/cards

God drat that was fast and an awesome site, thank you!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kibayasu posted:

If that's right I guess auctions might become a more regular thing, or some other kind of event to spend them on. Otherwise they'd just be another useless item in your inventory.

Edit: Oh right, booster crafting.

Everblight has talked about it in the other thread, but he's planning to buy gem packs once the prices crash (in anticipation of them doing another auction down the road). I'll probably do that with 5-10 bucks as well.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Junkfist posted:

Nazis would've probably made really good videogames if you think about it so I'm ok with all this.

i concur, they already made some pretty good pre-video games

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

robziel posted:

Also, was it ever revealed what Hatred's TOS violation was? Kind of moot now considering Gaben added them back but when literal scams like War Z were allowed to remain I'm really curious what sort of violation they could possible have had.

using the LAPD logo. It's trademarked.

Edit: NYPD. Apparently Unreal/Epic already made their feelings known in October and had the Unreal logo removed.

Edit the second: http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/16/7406713/hatred-returns-to-steam-greenlight-valve - I was repeating bullshit I heard last night, this is a 'better' source.

Hav fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 17, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

NutritiousSnack posted:

"hmmm, he says he 'cares', time to say he takes it seriously because he made a post. But wait, I made a post...n-no"
Your only three posts in this thread are about this game lmao

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

Everblight has talked about it in the other thread, but he's planning to buy gem packs once the prices crash (in anticipation of them doing another auction down the road). I'll probably do that with 5-10 bucks as well.

Not a bad idea. I bought some gems earlier (after the duping thing) when they were around 70 cents and in hindsight I kind of regret not buying more just to sell since they were selling for $1.40-$1.50 yesterday.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I made a thread for the people who want to talk about Hatred

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3688642

:thumbsup:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Also, Bundle Stars put a new simulator bundle up, and apparently this is a thing that exists.
Sokoban really went downhill.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Powercrazy posted:

Hey does anyone have any suggestions for a good "mass simulator?" I don't have a preference on whether it's made by neo-nazis, or bona fide third reich nazis. I'm just interested in good game play, and cool mechanics.

Universe Sandbox is a mass simulator, it also is a velocity and temperature simulator.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, some foil cards are worth a lot of gems. I had a single Divinity: Original Sin foil which converted to 280 gems. I picked up another foil for 10 cents from a game I never heard of, and it was only worth 20.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Quest For Glory II posted:

Your only three posts in this thread are about this game lmao

One meaningless social conflagration about a video game and we're knee deep in social justice warriors.

Sneakums
Nov 27, 2007
MAXIMUM.SNEAK.
Is there a way to quickly post up ~100 cards?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Hav posted:

One meaningless social conflagration about a video game and we're knee deep in social justice warriors.

That's what the Hatred Thread is for!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3688642

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hav posted:

I just enjoy when people who dont post here come in and post here to fight, in this case 5 different posters did

It looks like auction prices are slowly starting to go up so I guess I'll just have 50 gems in my inventory forever. I got rid of the emoticons but now I got these gem shits wasting space!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Hav posted:

using the LAPD logo. It's trademarked.

Edit: NYPD. Apparently Unreal/Epic already made their feelings known in October and had the Unreal logo removed.

Yup, that'll do it. Thanks, it'd been bugging me.

• Locked thread