Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Pina Coladas posted:

Really wanted the buddy pet and was disappointed to get this silly looking thing,

but apparently it is worth a few bob
It's worthless. Give it to me, I'll dispose of it properly for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Gonna duodecuple my bank.

Also I believe today is the last day to hand in snowballs, so don't miss out on those glowing lamps and other rare items.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

85-91 Farming. Gonna sit on them until a BXP Weekend is announced.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Pina Coladas posted:

Also I believe today is the last day to hand in snowballs, so don't miss out on those glowing lamps and other rare items.

Did you know? Despite me posting a ton of content posts, one nerd still has 10+ more posts than I do in this thread.
Nerdgres.

:getin:

Check out this most rude pocket pal and her examine.

Yeah, it seems I've been around 117 long enough that a bunch of pubbies know who I am by sight and think I'm awesome. :3:

Pic of goon gathering at vanished meteor with one of my fans.

Honest.

Why yes, that's another Crystal impling that spawned for me.

It's like at my Core, I'm meant to get Crystal!

:eng99: I'll have to see what my Elite turns up. I think it'll be a reroll.

I'm back! Yet another Crystal impling spawned for me.

Close guess.

Seeing as how Pizza Man was getting insane drops from the rare drop table, we went to Bandos. Fourth kill turned up boots - we later also got the helmet. And for some god damned reason, even with me using Incite, Grarrador kept going after him, even chasing him across the loving room, even with me standing right where he spawned. Strangely enough Zilyana does the same to me, as Hinze and Bungh0 can confirm.

Best goon examine by far.

Pizza Man: We can do it! We can do the switch room with only 4 in a 5 goon dungeon!

Result: 4 dead goons, and one AWOL pirate.

Baby avs. FINALLY.

Jagex.png

:laffo: at this ableist nerd.

Mod Osborne imitating implings imitating goons??

How 2 flip with the introduction of Elf Tasks - I bought that bow for 125k.

Thankfully he only won one. :mad:

Hail the divine impling!

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Themata posted:

Pizza Man: We can do it! We can do the switch room with only 4 in a 5 goon dungeon!

Result: 4 dead goons, and one AWOL pirate.

You can do it i've done it before in goon dung with flex. :colbert:

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
To be fair we almost had it

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I thought I'd offer a weird examine as means of introducing myself. I've been hanging out in the guest chat as Drakkar Noir.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
I cant believe you guys tried to do a 5:5 dung with 4, that's pretty silly of you guys. Sorry about having to bail though (even if I did bail at the start, not like i did halfway through)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Finally. :negative:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

:unsmith:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Jagex has released their latest reaction survey:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Is the Christmas event still poo poo

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Average Bear posted:

Is the Christmas event still poo poo

Sadly. Then again I'm not sure how they could've topped the halloween event. It was fun and gave insane XP.

Naan Bread
Sep 3, 2011

Atleast I'm not going to keep getting that loving snow poo poo all the time for a measly 1k xp lamp

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

For my pog boyfriend, here's your robbery~

http://kotaku.com/5933941/fake-gun-fake-currency-real-jail-time-figure-in-alleged-runescape-robbery

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Naan Bread posted:

Atleast I'm not going to keep getting that loving snow poo poo all the time for a measly 1k xp lamp

No kidding, I hate getting it when I'm doing a farming tree run and tight on space.

Also what the christ at that kotaku article. Best part is the quote from the seller's friend, calling Runescape coins as good as cash is hilarious.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Themata posted:

Jagex has released their latest reaction survey:

the correct answer is butts

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
We love you Flex

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Swicky posted:

We love you Flex

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i havent played runescape in like a year but i still follow this thread because of everything you guys post

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Do you hate Divnation? Yes?! Wanna train the games shittiest Mod Mark Special™ skill with minimum effort? Yeah?!?! THEN READ ON NERD!

Guthixian Caches are a DND that happen every 3 hours. You can do two a day maximum and it only takes 10 minutes to do, yet will give you a nice care-package of EXP based on your level. At level 75, you'll get 30k xp. At level 85, its 50k. At 99, its 73k PLUS a sweet rear end bonus to your training for 20 minutes that i'll talk about later.

"Tell me what do do because looking up the wikis guide takes :effort: you say." Well good for you, I'm gonna tell you.

When the Cache is schedule to start go to the highest level divination training spot you can. While waiting for it to spawn, gather memories so you dont waste any precious XP. You'll know the cache has started because the green swirly hole whatever in the ground will change it's appearance. To start the DND, right click the hole and select Enter Cache.

To get max xp/bonus, you must get 100 points.
In the cache there are two roles: Collector and OPTIMUMS PRIME.

As a collector you pick up the blue bottled memories from the edges of the wall (only go for the large ones on the ground, the others are waste of your time) and dump them in to the giant green-eye in the center. The blue autobots however will slap your poo poo if they get near you causing you to drop your memories. You can use the mage ability surge to get past them sometimes. You get two abilities via the minigame interface that last 15 seconds - double points and invincibility. These should be self explanatory, use whenever possible. Each large memory only gives 3 points per drop off. This role sucks, and you're only gonna do it when you can't do OPTIMUMS PRIME

As a OPTIMUMS PRIME you click on the lesser, blue filth autobots to subdue them. After being shown who the boss is they'll curl up in to the fetal position and cry, and will be unable to smack the pubbies. However, you don't do this to help pubbies, subduing gets you points. Most of your points will come from this role. While subduing only gets you one point, you can subdue like 6 dudes in the time it takes you to deliver 1 measly memory- assuming your poo poo doesn't get smacked. To become OPTIMUMS PRIME you must go to the corners of the room and click on the statue of Optimus. Sadly it's not permanent, and after a minute you'll become a worthless collector again. Protip: pubbies are dumb and will usually become Optimus as soon as they enter and all fight over the autobots to subdue. Wait till their Optimus form runs out then activate it to get them all to yourself for max points! You get two abilities - double points and subdue all - both self explanatory. Activate double points and then subude all for loads of points instantly!

So, about that training bonus; you get a few;

10% chance for double loot from divine locations, at no extra cost to the player's gathering limit. You probably wont use this.
10% chance to save a charge from a sign of the porter. Same as above
10% chance to convert all memories at once while training Divination, this can happen with both enhanced experience and normal experience options, and still consumes the normal amount of energy for enhanced. THIS IS THE MONEY.

For the next 20 minutes, you have a good chance that when depositing energies to do a SLAM

loving

DUNK and instantly deposit your entire inventory of memories. Usually it'll trigger after depositing between 1-8 memories in my experience, making your div training really fast for 20 minutes. For max xp, buy a few hundred energies off the ge so all your slam dunks are enhanced energy dunks.

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 18, 2014

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Eox posted:

i havent played runescape in like a year but i still follow this thread because of everything you guys post

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

SleepingPizza posted:

When the Cache is schedule to start go to the highest level divination training spot you can. While waiting for it to spawn, gather memories so you dont waste any precious XP. You'll know the cache has started because the green swirly hole whatever in the ground will change it's appearance. To start the DND, right click the hole and select Enter Cache.

If you get the cache message and you weren't prepared for it then just teleport to the Falador lodestone which is, I think, the closest to a div spot. You can travel to your level-appropriate wisp colony after the cache.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Swicky posted:

We love you Flex

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Some pubbie told me I featured in some tweet...

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Alright you kids, I've got 58 floors reset and ready to go for dungeoneering weekend. Prepare your Doritos.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Alright you kids, I've got 58 floors reset and ready to go for dungeoneering weekend. Prepare your Doritos.

:hellyeah:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I am excited about doritos too. :hfive:

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
I'll always just refer to Guthixian caches as dumping all of Guthix's moonshine before the feds arrive. :v:

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

After getting 99 Agility the other day, I decided to unwind from the severe mental trauma I inflicted upon myself by putting together an ascension crossbow. By some miracle, I actually made a profit from it, but I can't say it's worth the effort put forth. Data on the trek as follows:

I averaged 50.33 kills per boss, and I used approximately two million coins on supplies, so the final profit is a bit off. I also died once, on Legio Quintus and his lines of douchebaggery. Took me about two days with a couple hours here and there. QBD is still definitively the better option for cash if my results are anywhere near the average experience.

To sum up the experience: gently caress Legio Tertius.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
I found how to do the elf city course without moving your mouse on the /r/runescape subreddit thought you guys would want to know.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I... I like agility.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

joachim783 posted:

I found how to do the elf city course without moving your mouse on the /r/runescape subreddit thought you guys would want to know.

people are saying you could set up a autoclicker and do it like this, but wouldn't that be a super easy one-way street to bantown?

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

e: ^^ I think Magres said something about using Murgee Autoclicker to do citadel bbq and hasn't been banned for doing so yet despite doing it for months

alphabrawl posted:

I... I like agility.

A Shameful Goon.

Hoppeduppeanut fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 19, 2014

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
What if they patch it...

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

SleepingPizza posted:

people are saying you could set up a autoclicker and do it like this, but wouldn't that be a super easy one-way street to bantown?

I autoclick literally everything I can for hours on end.

Things that will give you away as someone using non-human assistance:

Clicking consistently in precise intervals (ie all your clicks at 1000ms apart to the millisecond, or clicks 1 and 2 are always 257 ms apart, 2 and are 349 ms apart, etc)

Clicking consistently in the same places, down to the pixel (this is different than constantly clicking the same pixel, which can readily be done by humans with a laptop, or by using a program to translate a key press to a mouse click, the latter of which has been ruled as game legal many times)

I just use the Murgee autoclicker set to an appropriate interval with an appropriate additional random interval. So for doing citadel cooking, I'll set it to 22s between clicks plus up to two seconds of extra random delay, so it will click at intervals of anywhere from 22 to 24 seconds between clicks. Did it every week for probably six months. Similarly, chopping Ivy in Elf city, with some camera shenanigans you can line up all of the ivy to be clickable without moving the mouse, and put your mouse in a place where elves walking in front of the ivy won't get clicked. I'd do that with something like a one minute interval plus up to 30 seconds extra random interval. Got 99 WC that way!

Hoppeduppeanut posted:

e: ^^ I think Magres said something about using Murgee Autoclicker to do citadel bbq and hasn't been banned for doing so yet despite doing it for months

Yep! It's really easy to avoid automated bot detection if you're at all clever about it. The only way I will ever get caught is basically if a jmod takes it upon themself to PM me and want a response. And even then, "I was using mousekeys and just hitting my spacebar while watching a movie and not looking at the screen" is a valid response.

These days I do harps. I'd do seren stones but the drat trahaearn workers walk in front of the stones and gently caress it up.

Magres fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 19, 2014

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Guess I could autoclick my way past blechness. It'd take a bit to set up but well worth it, I'd say.

Unrelated, I found this user today.

Seems suspect. Let's examine h-

gently caress.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

simply ebin
(wish you could report for this so dumbass pubbies could get bant)

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

widespread posted:

Guess I could autoclick my way past blechness. It'd take a bit to set up but well worth it, I'd say.

Unrelated, I found this user today.

Seems suspect. Let's examine h-

gently caress.

Interestingly enough, I ran into that person before too. Their previous name was Spiky Potato :v:

SleepingPizza posted:

simply ebin
(wish you could report for this so dumbass pubbies could get bant)

You actually can if you click the flag on the top left corner and choose 'Offensive examine information' in the bottom middle column. Worth every chance that a pubbie will eat a mute or ban. :eng101:

gently caress's sake though, so many god drat pubbies freaking out over player examines supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terces
Mar 27, 2010

The other Ginkers brother.