Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

TheIllestVillain posted:

It's not that hard to believe, didn't the Belgian Vlaams Belang turn up at a school full of Muslim children and try to feed them pork a few years back?

That's pretty incredible :haw: A fun "joke" for sure.

Also LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Thats actually pretty awesome. Illegal or not i doubt the Egyprians who own the jet did it out of malice.

Then again there are people in this thread who buy into the Eurabia conspiracy theory wholesale.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Thats actually pretty awesome. Illegal or not i doubt the Egyprians who own the jet did it out of malice.

They did it for money and the people on the flight are rich people. That is not malicious. It's called business and making a profit.

quote:

Then again there are people in this thread who buy into the Eurabia conspiracy theory wholesale.

In this thread? Hardly. Or then I haven't posted long enough to have noticed them.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I can't even begin to estimate what the cost of getting smuggled into the country by private jet is considering that the traditional smuggling alternatives can range between 20-200k SEK per person. The guys must have been oil barons or the bastard sons of Assad or something.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Xoidanor posted:

I can't even begin to estimate what the cost of getting smuggled into the country by private jet is considering that the traditional smuggling alternatives can range between 20-200k SEK per person. The guys must have been oil barons or the bastard sons of Assad or something.

Suppose so. They must be quite happy when they end up living in some old country house or motel, refurbished as a refugee center, four bunks a room, in the dark and cold forest in the middle of nowhere and will be stuck there for 2 years, because your system is simply too overwhelmed to do any better. I can already see the articles from local papers:

"Asylum seekers complain about quality of food, and lack of shopping malls. Call Swedes racists". I sometimes wonder if your average asylum seeker has been either told by the smugglers or someone else that a very, very small country like Sweden can actually still just "give" nice apartments from central Stockholm for free to tens or hundreds of thousands of people every year, no problem.

That said, people with those resources can probably return whenever they wish or travel to some other country which has a liberal asylum policy that particular season. Like some have already done after being stuck in a barn for long enough.

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

Ligur posted:

Suppose so. They must be quite happy when they end up living in some old country house or motel, refurbished as a refugee center, four bunks a room, in the dark and cold forest in the middle of nowhere and will be stuck there for 2 years, because your system is simply too overwhelmed to do any better.
Well, our system is overwhelmed because we try to help a lot of people i need, I think they would understand the situation is a bit tight if they came from a war-zone.

Ligur posted:

I can already see the articles from local papers:

"Asylum seekers complain about quality of food, and lack of shopping malls. Call Swedes racists". I sometimes wonder if your average asylum seeker has been either told by the smugglers or someone else that a very, very small country like Sweden can actually still just "give" nice apartments from central Stockholm for free to tens or hundreds of thousands of people every year, no problem.
Swedish food is lovely, and shopping malls are not that common in the dark cold forest in the middle of nowhere, so that's a big possibility. Though I kind a doubt that any local Swedish newspapers would give a drat as they are all outsourced news from TT anyway.

Ligur posted:

That said, people with those resources can probably return whenever they wish or travel to some other country which has a liberal asylum policy that particular season. Like some have already done after being stuck in a barn for long enough.
People with resources to hire a private jet to flee a country doesn't need to seek asylum, they have money. I highly doubt people with those resources are stuck in any barn in any country.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

uno.mannschaft posted:

Well, our system is overwhelmed because we try to help a lot of people i need, I think they would understand the situation is a bit tight if they came from a war-zone.

Well it appears they don't with news like this popping up every week.

quote:

Swedish food is lovely, and shopping malls are not that common in the dark cold forest in the middle of nowhere, so that's a big possibility. Though I kind a doubt that any local Swedish newspapers would give a drat as they are all outsourced news from TT anyway.

Dunno. They still release articles like that weekly. But if the premise is you are coming from a war-zone and about to be tortured because of your personal beliefs by an oppressing system (which sort of was originally why asylum was granted, not because you just want to move to a nicer country) I'd imagine eating lovely food and lack of malls wouldn't be a huge issue since you are sill not being tortured?

quote:

People with resources to hire a private jet to flee a country doesn't need to seek asylum, they have money. I highly doubt people with those resources are stuck in any barn in any country.

There's the thing that you won't be subsidized by the goverment as an asylum seeker if you are revealed to be a wealthy person with millions of SEK, so there might be incentives to play out being stuck in a barn for a while but otherwise agree, like I said they'll probably bail after a while.

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

Ligur posted:

Well it appears they don't with news like this popping up every week.
They are angry because the food is lovely, just like I said, thanks for finding a link that covers my rear end mate.

Ligur posted:

Dunno. They still release articles like that weekly. But if the premise is you are coming from a war-zone and about to be tortured because of your personal beliefs by an oppressing system (which sort of was originally why asylum was granted, not because you just want to move to a nicer country) I'd imagine eating lovely food and lack of malls wouldn't be a huge issue since you are sill not being tortured?
I guess it's not since these weekly articles you claim are being published are to hard to find?

Ligur posted:

There's the thing that you won't be subsidized by the goverment as an asylum seeker if you are revealed to be a wealthy person with millions of SEK, so there might be incentives to play out being stuck in a barn for a while but otherwise agree, like I said they'll probably bail after a while.
Yes they will, in fact they won't be sitting in a barn at all. You see, it doesn't matter where your from, no one wants to be sitting in a barn in Sweden (unless your swedish and its midsommar and there's hay in the barn).

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

uno.mannschaft posted:

They are angry because the food is lovely, just like I said, thanks for finding a link that covers my rear end mate.

Unlike you claimed they are not very understanding of the situation though.

quote:

I guess it's not since these weekly articles you claim are being published are to hard to find?

Took me 15 seconds. Yeah that's not "hard to find".

quote:

Yes they will, in fact they won't be sitting in a barn at all. You see, it doesn't matter where your from, no one wants to be sitting in a barn in Sweden (unless your swedish and its midsommar and there's hay in the barn).

Indeed, our disagreement here does not exists.

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

Ligur posted:

Unlike you claimed they are not very understanding of the situation though.

Took me 15 seconds. Yeah that's not "hard to find".

Indeed, our disagreement here does not exists.

I never said they would be understanding with regards to our food. Again your article is about swedish food. I complain about lovely swedish food every day, how hard can it be to find an article about refugees complaining about it. Find an article supporting your original claim instead.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

uno.mannschaft posted:

I never said they would be understanding with regards to our food. Again your article is about swedish food. I complain about lovely swedish food every day, how hard can it be to find an article about refugees complaining about it. Find an article supporting your original claim instead.

Erm you find it reasonable that refugees who purportedly escape from personal death warrant and torture complain about food since they don't have Eritrean cooks or whatever, while at the same time saying they are probably understanding of your difficulties or their situation and problems only exist because of food, or what?

Holy crap.

edit:

Unff unhappy "children" in an asylum center aaaahh they must be really understanding though.
Euuugggh now they are fighting but must be complacent and understading.
What is this, more complaining this time? Cannot be: it doesn't exist. News like this are hard to find.
Aieee chasing the personnel with knives! Can't be, all are understanding of the situation!

And so on and so on... I won't waste more of my time but news like this arrive in an endless pour. And they are not all about food. So what the gently caress is your problem?

Ligur fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 17, 2014

Gedt
Oct 3, 2007

Ligur posted:

Erm you find it reasonable that refugees who purportedly escape from personal death warrant and torture complain about food since they don't have Eritrean cooks or whatever, while at the same time saying they are probably understanding of your difficulties?

Holy crap.

Well. To be fair, institutional canteen food in Sweden is a form of torture.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Gedt posted:

Well. To be fair, institutional canteen food in Sweden is a form of torture.

I believe that but, you know, that guy above claims that your refugee centers are full of understanding people - and the only problem is food or something. Food? They are supposedly fleeing torture?

But it's not all about food by far either.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

go away ligur you are the worst poster

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

V. Illych L. posted:

Oh really? Now that you ask ok sure.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

good, thank you

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Ligur posted:

Oh really? Now that you ask ok sure.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Maybe I need to check my privilege because I'm an American, but uhhhh couldn't just about anybody with a passport get into Sweden rather easily? I've been here twice now, once connecting through Copenhagen and once through Frankfurt, and both times I was basically rubberstamped through customs & immigration at my connecting airport and then not even checked coming into Sweden. As far as I know the Swedish government has no clue that I'm even in the country.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Noctone posted:

Maybe I need to check my privilege because I'm an American, but uhhhh couldn't just about anybody with a passport get into Sweden rather easily? I've been here twice now, once connecting through Copenhagen and once through Frankfurt, and both times I was basically rubberstamped through customs & immigration at my connecting airport and then not even checked coming into Sweden. As far as I know the Swedish government has no clue that I'm even in the country.

Schengen agreement. Once you've entered the EU you can travel freely, it's like you're on a domestic flight in the US almost.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

TheFluff posted:

Schengen agreement. Once you've entered the EU you can travel freely, it's like you're on a domestic flight in the US almost.

Oh I know, that's what I'm saying. Seems to me like "smuggling" yourself into Sweden via private jet is silly when it's much easier to fly in via a lax European airport. When I flew in via Copenhagen I wasn't even asked basic questions like how long I was going to be in Europe or what my purpose of visit was, they just looked at my passport for ten seconds and waived me through.

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

Ligur posted:

Erm you find it reasonable that refugees who purportedly escape from personal death warrant and torture complain about food since they don't have Eritrean cooks or whatever, while at the same time saying they are probably understanding of your difficulties or their situation and problems only exist because of food, or what?
No I don't. Why don't you try reading what i said again, or you have to build a better strawman than that if your trying to go that route.

edit:

Ligur posted:

Unff unhappy "children" in an asylum center aaaahh they must be really understanding though.
What is this, more complaining this time? Cannot be: it doesn't exist. News like this are hard to find.
Aieee chasing the personnel with knives! Can't be, all are understanding of the situation!

And so on and so on... I won't waste more of my time but news like this arrive in an endless pour. And they are not all about food. So what the gently caress is your problem?
Link 1,2 and 4 have nothing to do with your argument, it's just news of fights that involve asylum seekers. Try findng links where they actually state that they are doing this because of how broken the swedish system is. Link 3 I agree with and I hope that migrationsverket start running their own refugeecenters asap. Better quality, higher accountability and most prabably cheaper. My problem is that you are the kind of oppinionated rear end in a top hat who makes it impossible to have a grown up discussion about immigration because you keep trolling, building strawmen and making GBS threads up the thread. :getout:

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Noctone posted:

None of this stuff is recorded anywhere you can get to it, but when you apply for a work visa, you're expected to give the arrival and departure date for every trip you made to another Schengen territory. Then, when it's time to apply for citizenship--presumably many years after arrival--you've got to report your entries and exits to non-Schengen territories. Something to think about for anyone planning for it...

A friend of mine from Bulgaria (arrived before EU-entry, so sort of the same case) claimed Försäkringskassan could get you some sort of comprehensive utdrag on your personal history, and that it included at least some of his transit information. Still haven't gotten back to him on this--anyone know what he might be talking about?

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Ligur posted:

Holy crap.

edit:

Grow up. I know a guy who works at a a private refugee center. The legal bare minimum is like 6 square feet per person and the owner fought tooth and nail to keep that from becoming 7 square feet because it would be marginally less profitable to him. What the hell do you suppose happens when you stuff a bunch of unrelated 18-30 year old hormone enraged war refugees in the same room in miserable conditions? For several months if not years?

That's right you have no loving clue, as your post indicates.

Because you, ligur, are just a racist(read xenophobe if you so please, rear end in a top hat.) prick.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 18, 2014

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Nah it's totes okay to feed asylum seekers moldy food(like Bert Karlsson did in Järlåsa, for example) cause who gives a poo poo they're not white european christians anyway.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
In Italy they feed them good food but they protest anyway because they dont like pasta.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Riso posted:

In Italy they feed them good food but they protest anyway because they dont like pasta.
Yeah the containment camps in Italy are well-known for their humanity and complete lack of abuse.

Also, I poo poo gold and rainbows.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
http://www.thelocal.it/20140827/refugees-protest-against-monotonous-italian-food

quote:

For two days, a group of about 40 asylum-seekers staying at a refugee centre in the Veneto province of Belluno refused to eat the “pasta with tomato sauce, bread and eggs” meals they were given and called to be fed food from their own countries, Libero Quotidiano reported.

quote:

“They’re not complaining that the food isn’t good, but that it is not the food of their countries. But when you’re hosted in someone’s home, for example, you eat their food, right? It’s like on the many occasions I’ve been hosted in England, I don’t expect to eat spaghetti.”
:colbert:

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

Touché!

(I can put up a bunch of links that my earlier(probably a bit overly snarky, sorry 'bout that) post in a PM to you if ya want since Italy isn't in Scandinavia)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

How the gently caress did you manage to muster up the brain power to read that article without also having your grey matter scream at you that there's gotta be more to the story than that?

Also it doesn't logically follow that “pasta with tomato sauce, bread and eggs” necessarily has to qualify as "good food", but then again conditions is Italy have about jack all to do with conditions in Scandinavia anyway.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
well, italians are super picky about food, this probably qualifies as news in italy. I'm not suprised the italians take offense :v: Also politically convenient (whiny, ungrateful immigrants).

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Bread and water is halal, ain`t it? That is one problem solved and done away with( a gluten-free alternative must be provided ofcourse).

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

V. Illych L. posted:

Why do you hate thread immigrants?

He just wants a better life outside horrible Finnish-threadi, where he faces constant discrimination and harassment for who he is & what he believes in.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008

adhuin posted:

Why do you hate thread immigrants?

He just wants a better life outside horrible Finnish-threadi, where he faces constant discrimination and harassment for who he is & what he believes in.

Well can't say i blame him if he comes from a thread where debates go pretty much like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPsCLHyRO-Y&t=158s

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Dec 19, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Ligur. Please defend this:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/17/swedish-far-right-leader-jews-swedes

quote:

Official Sweden and social media have been in uproar after Björn Söder, secretary of the anti-immigrant Sweden Democrats and deputy speaker in parliament, said Jews could become Swedish citizens but could not be Swedish unless they were assimilated.

Posner Körösi said the remarks showed “the mask is slipping” from the face of Sweden Democrats to reveal the essence of what they stand for.

“I am appalled that Sweden’s third largest party can express itself in this way about Jews and other minorities,” she said. “We have to take them really seriously. This not a small group of fanatics you can dismiss.”

The party took 13% of the vote in elections in September.

Söder claims he was quoted out of context. He also singled out the indigenous Sami people and Kurds in his newspaper interview, not just Jews. “Those who know me when it comes to Jews know I have long had a very strong commitment to both the state of Israel and the Jewish people,” he told Swedish Radio.

Söder had said in a newspaper interview it would be a problem if there were too many people in Sweden “who belong to other nations” and had non-Swedish identities. Paying immigrants to go home would also help to avoid “foreign enclaves” and instead “create a society with a common identity”, he said.

Thanks!

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
He even uses the MY BLACK FRIEND defense, it's so cute. :allears:

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Oh, straw mans are always cute.:allears:

First: Try quoting a journal not famous for being left-wing.

Second: Björn Söder is a retard and there is a reason why he was put forward as second talman instead of something more important in SD.

Third: He is a retard since he can't easily explain the difference between the Swedish ethnic group and Swedish citizenship.
Certain morons among politicians and journalists say there is no Swedish culture, which if taken to its logical conclusion either means there are no cultures whatsoever or that Sweden is unique in the world in not having a Swedish culture. This is of course bullshit, since undoubtedly a Swedish culture exists. The difference between this and Swedish citizenship should be obvious to anyone.

One could argue the view that there is no Swedish culture is deeply racist since it assumes everyone wants to join the superior totally-not-a-Swedish-culture.
Or as an actual scientist puts it:
http://www.svd.se/opinion/brannpunkt/absurd-forvirring-kring-sds-ideologi_4206167.svd

Fake edit:

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Because SVD is the hallmark of objectivity. And they totally never ever cherry pick their "experts" either.

Find someone with a doctorate in political history that would disagree with the obvious links between SD's views on citizenship, culture in general and fascism. Then you will have my intrest.

Besides the point of that article is that there is a clear lack of defenition on what is Swedish or not. What you should take from this and what seems to go over everyones head, especially you Cardiac, is that the concept of the nation state is obsolete in the modern world. No the Kurds/Jews/Swedes/Goons do not have any more right to their own country because it lends itself to separating humans based on ethnicity as if that would solve all conflict. Real sociologists know that once ethnic struggle cease to be a factor others take it's place. Like Economic inequality as Marx made so painfully obvious.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Kurds should have their own country though.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
I should have my own country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

In my old neighbourhood we actually have(it's kinda on the low since about a year back due to the election and some of us being kind of in lay-low attitude) a time-based currency, local governance outside of the legal one in the city, local security group, adbusting group, non-mandatory taxing and welfare projects for the homeless. All in small scale but it worked pretty well for just being something a bunch of us thought up while drinking.

The security, for example, came into existance after many of us grew tired of the cops taking up to two hours to respond to calls made while a crime was in progress(as well as the abuses numerous of us have felt and seen first-hand from the cops). The taxes all goes to help those in need and repairs of playgrounds and stuff like that. There's no uniforms, no patrolling and no violence have been required even once. If someone is accused(never happened) of abusing this non-existant power then they're immediatly suspended and heard.

What I'm getting with this(kind of ran away there) is that I did propose us using a different name than The Flogsta Federation/The Flogsta Commune/Flogsta(we decided eventually that due to the high influx and outflux of members and inhabitants the name would change all the time so we abandoned the idea of using anything but Flogsta) namely The Utopia of Rutopia.

Support for my plan was limited. ;_;

• Locked thread