Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Hollismason posted:

I still see no one is willing to take me up on the bet that by the end of this there will be a option to take an all Jump Pack army.

I wish you'd take an all jump pack army off a bridge!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The new Terminator box set is a excellent choice for Blood Angels, with the formation from White Dwarf being availabe it's possible to Assault 1 charge with Furiosos. Followed by deep striking assaulting terminators.

The box set also comes with new sculpts that are excellent.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Hollismason posted:

I still see no one is willing to take me up on the bet that by the end of this there will be a option to take an all Jump Pack army.

Even if there is, it would require a pretty drastic misreading of the argument to see 'in a few months, you will be able to buy more rules to make your assault marine army battleforged-legal again' as a vindication for you rather than your opponents.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I seriously don't remember the Ork players losing their poo poo over losing speed cult. Did that happen? Oh no it's only Space Marine players that lose their minds at not having the best army in the game.

This may as well be a thread on Dakkadakka.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

I seriously don't remember the Ork players losing their poo poo over losing speed cult. Did that happen? Oh no it's only Space Marine players that lose their minds at not having the best army in the game.

That's because like 5 people expressed disappointment and frustration and then you flipped the table up in this bitch and the rest of us have been watching you hulk out at every percieved slight for like 8 pages.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

Hollismason posted:

Da Tin Speed Freeks are squiggin' out rite now becuz their stormboyz and madboyz are too busy runnin off into da fite to sit around and hold objectivs any more, nevva mind that their regular tinboyz are more angry than before and can take 'eavy burnas and fasta trukks.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Hollismason posted:

But Blood Angels losing Assault Marines is a whoile different case. It's an extremely vital and integral part of a Blood Angle's arse nal and GW removing is completely out of line and unjustifiable. Tycho losing his mega fist or whatever is also pretty outrageous.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I admit that I was a little pissed that my entire mob of customized Cybork Nobz was invalidated by the 7th Ed. codex. Now I just have cool looking Nobz with mono-wheels, robo-legs and exhaust pipes sticking out of their heads.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Two types of hams right now, those saying:

Larger bases? Double dipping on rulebooks? Blood Angels?
I want you to get MAD! I want you to get up out of your goon lair and yell, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

And the rest of us:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I don't think im either of those so I guess I'm not a ham anymore

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Post 9-11 User posted:

I want you to get MAD! I want you to get up out of your goon lair and yell, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

And the rest of us:

idgi

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hollismason posted:

That's because nobody wants to interact with you.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Post 9-11 User posted:

And the rest of us:

Fixed.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

When the GK codex dropped it included a formation that kinda catered to folks who had those "paladin as troops" armies. There may very well be, a formation that caters to the jump pack army but it's not in the codex and we havn't actually got an indication that that it exists. For people who own blood angel armies, who built them along the framework presented in the previous two codicies, that's a real bummer. A lot of people bought into Blood Angels because they were the jump troop army; they're not anymore and sure that's better in keeping with the fluff and arguably game balance. But people are totally justified in being upset that their army has been invalidated and they now have to jump(pack) through hoops to try and make their collection work on the table.

Hollismason posted:

Well, plenty did but also this is a different scenario. In order to make ork bikes troops you had to unlock them with a bike warboss. The speed kult list was, and is, a pretty niche list and wasn't the way everyone played orks. Assault marines as troops has been the loving backbone of blood angels for the previous two codicies. That's been their whole thing; It's not a niche list like speed freaks. Folks who wanted to run tacticals and scouts were catered to by a different and, arguably, superior book. Folks who wanted to run jump troops and assault marines in super fast rhinos played blood angels. That has changed and it is annoying for just about everyone who was looking forwards to putting their red guys on the table this month expecting their book to keep its flavour.

quote:

then loving go there. I'm sure they'll dig your straw men and fingers in your ears, lalala, bullshit.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Cataphract posted:

For people who own blood angel armies, who built them along the framework presented in the previous two codicies, that's a real bummer.

Added context to help people appreciate what this means, those books span a seven year period. Seven years in which they were a central thematic rules distinction from vanilla marines.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Hollismason posted:

Someone correct me but how exactly does that meteoric strike work? Like if your in range of 10 models from the formation that unit would take 10 ST4 hits correct?

That is so obviously not how it works, I don't know how you're reading it backwards.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009
Also, what's the general consensus in regards to Ork Buggies versus Ork Deffkoptas? I've been using both as outflanking skirmishers, and they've been doing well at hassling unsecured objectives and vehicles. The Buggies are cheaper and cannot run away, but are less mobile and more fragile. Deffkoptas are more mobile, can assault, and hold up better to most fire - but I've literally seen one dead Kopta send the whole mass hauling rear end off the board.

Von Humboldt fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 18, 2014

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

SRM posted:

That's because nobody wants to interact with you.

This.

Von Humboldt posted:

Also, what's the general consensus in regards to Ork Buggies versus Ork Deffkoptas? I've been using both as outflanking skirmishers, and they've been doing well at hassling unsecured objectives and vehicles. The Buggies are cheaper and cannot run away, but are less mobile and more fragile. Deffkoptas are more mobile, can assault, and hold up better to most fire - but I've literally seen one dead Kopta send the whole mass hauling rear end off the board.

Deffkoptas are best used in groups of 1, both because it avoids most Morale issues, and because they're supremely annoying; your opponent will have to focus attention from other things to deal with a lone threat, which often means a whole squad.

As to which is better, I think both are valid for what they do and you can't really go wrong by taking one over the other.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

That is so obviously not how it works, I don't know how you're reading it backwards.

Then explain to me how it works, because I'm a little confused on the wording there, that seems to be the way it is, unless you think it's each model that is within range of a model from this formation takes a ST4 hit on that unit.

Sweet custom title brah.

Although the gumbo remark is uncalled for. I'm from New Orleans, my gumbo is pretty drat good. Although I didn't get my roux as dark as I wanted with this batch.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Fucker doesn't deserve a Scruntar (Scrunt Avatar), someone hosed up big time

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I think whats really awesome about this Campaign is that it is very easily transferrable to Chaos Daemons instead of Tyranids, which means the relevant battles and missions are fantastic for people to use in their own campaigns.

Especially the Fighter Ace rules.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Moola posted:

Fucker doesn't deserve a Scruntar (Scrunt Avatar), someone hosed up big time

Yeah, what the gently caress

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
He prolly gave it to himself for more attention.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I converted and painted the old paunchy Cadian officer to look like my dad as a Christmas present for him:

The color scheme is based on the box art from his old miniatures game that he made back in the 80s:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SRM posted:

I converted and painted the old paunchy Cadian officer to look like my dad as a Christmas present for him:

The color scheme is based on the box art from his old miniatures game that he made back in the 80s:

Sounds like a Rad Dad

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

SRM posted:

Thats some good hamming right there.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Slimnoid posted:

Deffkoptas are best used in groups of 1, both because it avoids most Morale issues, and because they're supremely annoying; your opponent will have to focus attention from other things to deal with a lone threat, which often means a whole squad.

As to which is better, I think both are valid for what they do and you can't really go wrong by taking one over the other.

That's how I run em. Three units of 1 deffkoptas. Excellent for harassing, screening, taking potshots at side armour plus They're also loving ace at nabbing maelstrom objectives.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

I painted a Helbrute for my Black Legion army. He's almost done--95% or so, but I figured I'd go ahead and post him just to break up the monotony of this back-and-forth.

Behold his rad loving abs:

SRM posted:

Shout out to the cool goons who get what the hobby is about. Hopefully I'll have something to post soon, I keep painting models up to 90% done and then moving onto new things.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

SRM posted:

I hope that guy who was considering getting back into things before the shitfight broke out is still lurking here and sees this post.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Cataphract posted:

That's how I run em. Three units of 1 deffkoptas. Excellent for harassing, screening, taking potshots at side armour plus They're also loving ace at nabbing maelstrom objectives.

Deffkoptas are so sodding annoying. Just tough enough to need some actual firepower diverted to them, and they can chew up vehicles if left unchecked.

But it's only one dude so you feel frustrated having to shoot them with a whole squad.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Mutliple small units is a very viable tactic and frustrating for an opponent. It's especially annoying with armies like Dark Eldar who are able to take well beyond the FOC of FA and then double up on FOCs like the raider force giving you 6 fast attack.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 18, 2014

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Although the gumbo remark is uncalled for. I'm from New Orleans, my gumbo is pretty drat good. Although I didn't get my roux as dark as I wanted with this batch.
Seriously y'all, there was no need to insult the man's gumbo. Gumbo rules and should not be involved in a dumb, hammy slapfight. Unless it's about tasso. :v:

SRM posted:

This is pretty drat awesome. :3:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Safety Factor posted:

Seriously y'all, there was no need to insult the man's gumbo. Gumbo rules and should not be involved in a dumb, hammy slapfight. Unless it's about tasso. :v:

This is pretty drat awesome. :3:

Tasso is difficult to find up north, I'm in Chicago now. Although, if you want a really great hollandaise sauce incorporate tasso towards the end of it, really gives it a extra kick. If you can't find Tasso, check in your neighborhood for Polish deli's they sell a similar spiced ham the name escapes me at the moment but it's a suitable replacement.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

I quite like the C'tan upgrades.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Thanks for posting these! Keep 'em coming if you have more, please. My Necron buddy is likely gonna stroke out as he never uses C'Tans under any circumstances.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

People are saying this is one of the new BA formations in that book:

Dakka posted:

archangles sanguine wing:
2 veteran vanguards[must have packs]
1 sternguard
1 storm raven

you roll once for the whole formation to come in. it can be rerolled either way.

the VV's get either a lightning claw or power weapon for free on every member!!!!
the stern guard get either a storm bolter or combi weapon free on every member

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

DO IT TO IT posted:

People are saying this is one of the new BA formations in that book:

Do these people have picture proof or just words?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Stanyer89 posted:

Do these people have picture proof or just words?

Sadly nope. Just those Necron pics posted above so far.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Those Necron formations are pretty boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Hollismason posted:

You said nothing about a bet, you merely said you'd toxx yourself if they didn't receive that option

:byewhore:

• Locked thread