Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Dissolve caffeine in super critical carbon dioxide then administer through the anus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Nettle Soup posted:

http://www.brit.co/jewelry-organizers/
http://www.buzzfeed.com/pippa/25-clever-diy-ways-to-keep-your-jewelry-organized-5ocb

Stack plates on top of shot glasses for that stylish yet precarious look! Found some twigs and mouldy wood in the garden? Use them to decorate your house! Out of ideas entirely? Glue a plastic animal to it, that always looks good!

I feel like at the point where you're hanging earrings off a cheese grater, it might be worth it to buy a jewelry organizer. They're like $8 on Amazon.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

New Leaf posted:

My wife did the last one, the drawer knob thing. It works really well and kinda looks neat. Don't judge.

Is this like the fedora thing where you have to post a pic of the thing you defend now?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

ChaosArgate posted:

No joke, someone I knew in high school got unreasonably annoyed with me because I wouldn't do this with piping hot tomato soup even though "THAT'S HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO IT!"
What, do you mean he was actually vocally mad you were drinking a little at a time because it was hot?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

IronicDongz posted:

What, do you mean he was actually vocally mad you were drinking a little at a time because it was hot?

High school people are dumb. The Battle of Thermopylae came up once and a guy yelled at me for ruining the plot of 300 for him.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

IronicDongz posted:

Yes. I tried telling them I didn't want to scald my tongue but they didn't listen. :psyduck:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Len posted:

High school people are dumb. The Battle of Thermopylae came up once and a guy yelled at me for ruining the plot of 300 for him.

I hope no one spoiled Inglourious Basterds for him. :ohdear:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

IronicDongz posted:

He was probably blowing and slurping in the most annoying way possible, driving his friends nuts. Just gulp it down like a animal you piece of poo poo.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Angela Christine posted:

He was probably blowing and slurping in the most annoying way possible, driving his friends nuts. Just gulp it down like a animal you piece of poo poo.

Tomato soup lifehack or blowjob lifehack :shepface:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Minarch posted:

Tomato soup lifehack or blowjob lifehack :shepface:
One trick prostitutes hate! Learn professional blowjobs by slurping down boiling hot liquids!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Karma Monkey posted:

I hope no one spoiled Inglourious Basterds for him. :ohdear:

That Hitler was blown to bits by Jews with sumachine guns in a cinema?

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

mobby_6kl posted:

That Hitler was blown to bits by Jews with sumachine guns in a cinema?

Exactly.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
HouseholdHacker made a video just for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaDfey3eecI

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Nettle Soup posted:

http://www.brit.co/jewelry-organizers/
http://www.buzzfeed.com/pippa/25-clever-diy-ways-to-keep-your-jewelry-organized-5ocb

Stack plates on top of shot glasses for that stylish yet precarious look! Found some twigs and mouldy wood in the garden? Use them to decorate your house! Out of ideas entirely? Glue a plastic animal to it, that always looks good!

Some of those are actually pretty nice, provided you actually take the time to make them properly. I live by a beach and I've made some cool stuff out of driftwood before, but it wasn't exactly quick or easy and I could see most people just slapping some moldy sticks together like you said. Nice stuff usually requires effort which is why lifehacks are so inherently terrible.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The two worst things on Brit.co were her suggestion that you wrap gifts in old pantyhose, and the tutorial on repurposing worn-out yoga mats as placemats and wine corks.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

m2pt5 posted:

HouseholdHacker made a video just for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaDfey3eecI

Lifehack: make half of your videos an ad for audible.com

freypies
Jan 6, 2014
As WINE CORKS? That's so gross.

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013

your sensitive documents will live on in the cloud

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Piell posted:

Lifehack: make half of your videos an ad for audible.com

The audible ad isn't the remainder of the video, there's still a couple more "hacks" after it.

lovely life hack: put your sponsor ad in the middle of your loving video so nobody watches the whole thing.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Car hacks

Bald your tires!

I feel like this is just common sense. #idiothacks

Stick a sack of potatoes in that emergency kit so you can cut one up at a moment's notice and smear the starch all over the inside of your windows! Or just get a roll of anti-fogging wipes. They're like six bucks.

But not when you're the driver and actively driving, you fuckstick.

Want horrible back pain on your 72 hour road trip? Here's how!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

kinmik posted:

Want horrible back pain on your 72 hour road trip? Here's how!

The thing in the picture is an inflatable specifically designed to be used as a car bed.

I love it when hacks are "use a highly specialized item for the purpose it was designed to do."

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
TruTV is putting out a new show in January called "Hack My Life." It features the two hosts testing lifehacks.

http://www.thewrap.com/trutv-working-with-tumblr-on-new-hack-my-life-series/

quote:

Scheduled to premiere in January, “Hack My Life” is described as a “humorous and practical life-hack series that puts a comedic spin on the never-ending supply of everyday life hacks.”
As part of the initiative, viewers will be invited to share their own hacks via hackmylifetrutv.tumblr.com, with each week’s best hack chosen to be featured on the show.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

windows fogged up? turn on the de fogger and AC wow whoa

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mouse Dresser posted:

TruTV is putting out a new show in January called "Hack My Life." It features the two hosts testing lifehacks.

Mythbusters for 2015.

That glass one reminded me of one that I told my lab students. Wash their safety goggles with shaving cream so they don't fog. Though I suppose a loving potato would work?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Mouse Dresser posted:

JANUARY IS ONE OF MY TRIGGER WORDS YOU gently caress :argh:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

JANUARY IS ONE OF MY TRIGGER WORDS YOU gently caress :argh:

Ironically, "trigger" is one of mine.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

kinmik posted:

Stick a sack of potatoes in that emergency kit so you can cut one up at a moment's notice and smear the starch all over the inside of your windows! Or just get a roll of anti-fogging wipes. They're like six bucks.
A potato?! I just cleaned my windows with shaving cream, which in addition to preventing my windows from fogging up meant that my windows were clean instead of covered with potato. I used to boil a slice of potato to starch linens, but now I use spray starch like a reasonable person. Potatoes can go gently caress themselves.

DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011

trickybiscuits posted:

A potato?! I just cleaned my windows with shaving cream, which in addition to preventing my windows from fogging up meant that my windows were clean instead of covered with potato. I used to boil a slice of potato to starch linens, but now I use spray starch like a reasonable person. Potatoes can go gently caress themselves.

I freeze a can of shaving cream, then cut it open and toss it in the car. The foam expands filling the entire cabin of the car. No more foggy windows

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Lifehack! Be too poor to afford a car! Never need to defog or scrape your windows! WALLA!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

SaltLick posted:

windows fogged up? turn on the de fogger and AC wow whoa

Using something properly isn't a hack. This has been well established.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

DemeaninDemon posted:

Mythbusters for 2015.

That glass one reminded me of one that I told my lab students. Wash their safety goggles with shaving cream so they don't fog. Though I suppose a loving potato would work?

My diving instructor just told me to spit in my goggles and rinse it off. Seems to have worked fine. I guess that's a life hack or something?

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
Lifehack: Never sleep. Walk everywhere. Eat food out of the garbage. Don't own property. Don't have a job. Use library internet. Hassle strangers for money.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Hello Meow posted:

Lifehack: Never sleep. Walk everywhere. Eat food out of the garbage. Don't own property. Don't have a job. Use library internet. Hassle strangers for money.

Lifehack: go to art school

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I'm pretty sure that's BFC's go to recommendation.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
potato starch is natures windex

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Trilineatus posted:

I'm pretty sure that's BFC's go to recommendation.

What was that dumpster diving thread title? "They forgot to bleach the pizza!" or some such.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Life Hacks for Christmas! I watched this in bed with my girlfriend, who has no knowledge of this thread, and her response was "These aren't life hacks. It's what those products were MADE for... Life Hacks are supposed to be for broke college kids in dorms."

Christmas Hax0rs!11!!! L337!!

The tagline for this particular video is "he covers a toilet paper roll with tin foil. the results? Brilliant!"

Quite possibly 10 of the worst unironic hacks in this thread. Bonus content! Bread Tabs!

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

kinmik posted:

Car hacks

Bald your tires!

Why would this harm your tires any more than the normal practice of turning your wheels towards the curb when parking on the street?

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alternatively, buy a five buck accordion shade specifically designed to keep this from happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
who drives with their hand(s) at the top? 9-3, or 8-4, or just 6. This hack just makes it so the normal spots are a bit hotter. #badhack