Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Shear Modulus posted:

did you ever go to that kebab place i told you sucked when i went to it ~3 years ago

lol no i should have gone today, perfect opportunity. maybe once i eat all the chili, which might take a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Cheekio posted:

You crazy bastards, I checked the site on Sunday or something. Pretty much I'll see you guys when I'm fired or quit.
up yo game

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Cheekio posted:

You crazy bastards, I checked the site on Sunday or something. Pretty much I'll see you guys when I'm fired or quit.

poo poo happened bro

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Cheekio posted:

you don't have to read those posts

they're prob bad

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Berke Negri posted:

Give me President Biden and make us the greatest intercontinental rail country in the world. We will crush our foes with soundless track.

President Biden uses eminent domain power to return large tracts of land to native american sovreignity.

Immediately following, Biden appropriates this new Indian territory for the Federal government, to which he authorizes land-grants to Amtrak for use in passenger rail service provision.

I believe that historical precedent and Supreme Court jurisprudence is firmly with Biden in his power to enact both parts of this scheme through unilateral executive action.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Cheekio posted:

yeah but half of those are MIGF posts

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
zoux is king of this thread by a lot.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
well I would be too if I had to defend bad opinions constantly

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

yeah but half of those are MIGF posts

DemeaninDemon posted:

zoux is king of this thread by a lot.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/misc.php?action=whoposted&threadid=3646703

lol right on the money

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i cant believe i have posted almost 400 times to this thread. to everyone: sorry.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Good to know there's at least 1258 good posts ITT.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
shut up dave weigel

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yall should post more

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
go finish writing your rock & roll book

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My Imaginary GF posted:

go finish writing your rock & roll book

Not you

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

zoux posted:

Not you

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.
you know what on balance today owned

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Obama really needs to step up his game. This is how Putin announces a press conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xai7ttzbx5M

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

Obama really needs to step up his game. This is how Putin announces a press conference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xai7ttzbx5M

Looks like someone wants to play 'Show & Tell' to America's 'cool customer.'

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 18, 2014

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

There's a brief clip of a Catalonian independence rally in that Putin press conference teaser. It will be disappointing if he does not tackle the subject.

Speaking of disappointing, noon Moscow time is 4 AM Easter Time :(

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
By way of comparison, this was the way the White House advertised not just a random press conference, but the State of the Union speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwuEnyV1Cb0

smh, Obama. s m d h

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Admittedly, I laugh every time I watch Hillary nodding to the beat in that video.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Postin

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
He can't be backing down on Ukraine. That'd puncture the machismo he's been using to keep himself in power. Maybe we'll get lucky, he'll declare a crusade to suppress the papists. Seems like the kind of thing his tame Patriarch would get behind.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Whatever man I need to know if I passed my final. loving 50% of the grade! Oh right, world events. Uh...liquor. You guys like that.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if my unborn child keeps up this rate of growth, on the day of its birth it will be over 11 lbs (5 kilos)

:goonsay:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Peztopiary posted:

He can't be backing down on Ukraine. That'd puncture the machismo he's been using to keep himself in power. Maybe we'll get lucky, he'll declare a crusade to suppress the papists. Seems like the kind of thing his tame Patriarch would get behind.

"Glorious Comrades,

I have spoken with Herr Poroshenko. I asked him if he thought that under present circumstances Ukraine would give up Crimea and compensate her for her suffering. If not, how could the Russian Government go on record as condoning a peace which would put the seal on the most disgraceful act of tyranny and oppression committed in modern times? I didn't believe there was a man in the country not a German or a Jew who could advocate such a cause.

Therefore, it is with joyeous heart that we may announce victory over the German-Jew foreign junta in Ukraine. I am pleased that I have forced Herr Poroshenko's accention to near unilateral surrender and made him to offer the presentation to Russia in Berlin a treaty of permanent settlement and eternal peace on the Crimean issue.

Glorious Comrades! May our victory in defence of the Crimean Peninsula from the hands of Herr Poroshenko be eternal! For so long as I guide the rule of law in Russia, there shall be peace. On Friday I am off to Berlin to sign the surrender agreement in accord with pre-arranged terms.

Comrades! We are victorious, we have buried them with our collective will. Now we must but stand firm for one winter more, like the Russians we are, sturdy in our will, before the terms of the surrended signed by Russian and Herr Poroshenko will come into effect. Suffer but one winter comrades, and we shall take solace in mother spring."

☆○☆Thousands of Chinese and Chechen fireworks alight the Moscow night sky☆○☆

Alternatively,

"Glory to Mothetland,

Faggoty Poroshenko is a weak sissy gay. We shall bury him. I will go to Berlin to bury weak human being Poroshenko.

Glory to Arstotzka."

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

My Imaginary GF posted:

Glory to Arstotzka."

I have no idea what this post was, but the next game from the developer of Papers, Please looks to be quite neat as well. It's a 2 bit (I think would be the proper term, its entirely white and black pixels) game where you're investigating a mutiny on a ghost ship through a magical watch. The watch shows you events in the past, and you need to use this to determine what the cause of death was for each crew member.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXsGoYJ2z-U

edit: Haha 1/3rd of my posts are in this thread

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 18, 2014

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

chili's startin to smell real nice yall

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I sometimes work during the day so I can't post all day.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Swan Oat posted:

chili's startin to smell real nice yall

you better not have put beans in it

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i put pork, turkey and beef in it baby!!!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

ahaha i'm looking at rick perry's transcript and i didn't know "required phys ed" was a thing in university once upon a time

It was required in my alma mater, too. But you could take chess. :eng99:

My Imaginary GF posted:

the folks who do crossfit? they're the neuvo-riche or the soon-to-be-poors. They want a shortcut to class. Well, I'm here to tell you: There are shortcuts to wealth, there are shortcuts to style, there are no shortcuts to class.

Nouveau. Nouveau. NOUVEAU!!!!!

SeekOtherCandidate posted:

in australia it's compulsory to have swimming lessons in schools but that's because literally everyone lives on the coast and therefore near water so kids drowning is a massive concern every summer

Think of it as evolution in action. Or evo-acksho, as I am sure the Aussies call it.

zoux posted:

Genitals are gross functional things that dispense fluids and are nested in thick tangles of gross hair. Aesthetics come from elsewhere.

Well, I happen to think that vulvas are adorable. :3: I take my heterosexuality very seriously.

Re: Cuba, I guess the US needs to abide by the law of conservation of embargo. Venezuela in, so Cuba out.

The Warszawa posted:

uzbeki-beki-beki-stan you philistine

Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan, you mean. :eng101:

My Imaginary GF posted:

Examine the issue from a modern context: Iranian nukes force who else to acquire nukes? They force Turkey and Egypt to develop nukes. Egyptian nukes force Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya, and Libya (pre-failed state) to acquire nukes. Ugandan, Rwandan, and Kenyan nukes force DRC nukes, Tanzanian nukes, Mozambique nukes, Zimbabwean nukes, which in turn forces Angolan nukes, Nigerian nukes, Namibian nukes, SA nukes, and French posturing to defend the West African uranium mines which results in Algerian nukes.

That's why you don't allow nuclear proliferation, and why when you set a red line and someone goes over it, you bomb until there isn't anything left to bomb for a century.

I'm glad we've finally come to agreement about the need for Israeli nuclear disarmament, Rahm. A new Middle East awaits!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Well, actually, Amin kinda did.

It didn't work out for him. Its not whether MPLA was determined to develop nukes during the civil war, its whether Neto would allow Soviet nukes after he consolidated power.

"No one has done it, except the people who have." No poo poo, that takes a fuckload of work and hard policy decisions to make sure of.

No joke, my Dad was put on Amin's honor guard when he came for a state visit back when he was best buds with Israel.

My Imaginary GF posted:

GimmickCandidate.txt

She's got no issues in common. "I want Hillary because...."

¤America needs her
¤I'm ready for Hillary
¤Two Clintons in the White House is better than one

Implication? America needs Clinton as POTUS. Warren's implication? These factions want their own pet issue to get a symbolic shoutout with no substantive change

Hillary is about a higher ideal, while Warren represents FYGM.

What happened to rooting for Rahm, Rahm? :confused:

Holy gently caress. I am almost in the top 5. What have I been doing with my life! :smithicide:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Badger of Basra posted:

you better not have put beans in it

I put beans into my chili because it's poor people food and you need to embrace that fact. Next you'll tell me not to put bread and egg into my meatloaf.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Nouveau. Nouveau. NOUVEAU!!!!!

Huevo- Riche

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i'm not a bean partisan despite being from texas, i just was not feeling beans today. you know what's good to put in chili? the things that you like :)

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Swan Oat posted:

i put pork, turkey and beef in it baby!!!

ah good, but'cha gotta have the pork

dat's da flavor

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Aurubin posted:

Whatever man I need to know if I passed my final. loving 50% of the grade! Oh right, world events. Uh...liquor. You guys like that.

Good luck! :)

The Warszawa
Jun 6, 2005

Look at me. Look at me.

I am the captain now.

Zeitgueist posted:

So speaking of NK, I watched Olympus Has Fallen last night, and while I knew it was a badly written Die Hard ripoff, holy poo poo was it way worse than I expected

it's really so bad and such a backwords version of how these movies normally are, like the inversion of tropes where the good guy is doing things we traditionally have the bad guy do, that it almost seems intentional.

Probably SMG wrote a way better summary of how bad that movie is

i somehow missed this

you saw White House Down right?

White House Down was awesome

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I hope I will be able to legally gamble in Cuba soon.

It's way up there on the list of countries I want to visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
guys

I've got USPol arguing over corn

#FiredUp #ReadyForIowa

• Locked thread