Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013

Panzerkin3D posted:

So the below are the Void focused builds I am using/plan to use for the Boltor Prime/Soma Prime. Boltor is a bit better all around (due to slotting cold for shields), but the Soma comes out ahead in DPS. I got back and forth on the use of Heavy Caliber in the Soma because it makes head shot critting rough to reliably pull off. In the end it probably doesn't matter much one way or the other provide you aren't doing a tryhard run to 60+ in T4D/S.

Anyone notice something critical I am leaving out of the Soma Prime builds?

Boltor Prime Build (19.3k DPS, 29.3k Burst DPS): http://goo.gl/CBa6SU

Soma Prime Build (21.5k DPS, 27.8k Burst DPS): http://goo.gl/R3ybvm

Soma Prime Alt Build with Heavy Cal/Vile Acceleration (27.5k DPS, 39.2k Burst DPS): http://goo.gl/LEnRcL (also known as I like spending ammo restores a lot build)

Other Faction Builds

Grineer (38.98k DPS, 55k Burst DPS): http://goo.gl/vuhJ42

Corpus (38.98k DPS, 55k Burst DPS): http://goo.gl/pWrnn4
Thanks for the ideas, Panzer.

necrobobsledder posted:

Space-rich Tenno Santas, we need to coordinate our generosity. I'm about to start handing out potatoes as stocking stuffers to start (anything to get those single digit mastery Tenno up to where they're mindlessly running void missions just like the rest of us poor sods) but am not wanting to over-gift to anyone. I'll be on tonight to coordinate better, IGN djk29a
I'll look for you in-game so I can help out as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I've updated my list for gifting Tenno boys and girls, and now we wait till 8pm EST so I can start gifting again. Blame DE for nerfing the Tenno Claus cannon, as that's the only reason I havent' gotten you all your toys yet!

I'll be playing tonight if you want to get all jolly and in spirit for Tennomas.

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
Hey, whats the status of upgrading Denzine's computer from not a potato?

I'm upgrading my pc soon and I'd rather not have a bunch of parts laying around.

Phinneus Periwinkle
Jan 17, 2010

Shalhavet posted:

Alas, you are XP locked from using it, and Tenno Santa asked me to tell you that the elves refuse to put it on the sleigh.

Thanks anyway Tenno Santa, I really appreciate it. I would slash up those rude elves of yours but what on earth would I do it with?

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

I put in my request for the goon clan! Now time to grind for a T4 Sab key again. Augustus hasn't dropped one in my last 5 runs.

Veritonsils
Sep 14, 2007

For. Eh. Ver.
Is Tenno Santa still a thing? I'm Veretonsils in game and I've only just reached rank 6. Other than peace in the solar system I only wish for maybe some new primary weapons, or maybe a Transient Fortitude.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Thank you very much TennoSanta, you're the bestest!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tenno Santa is indeed a thing still, and I've just launched all the gifts that I can for tonight! I've still got plat to spend for gifts left, but it'll take another couple of days to get it all out.

I've gotten a whole bunch of the lower rank folks tonight, aside from SAMrPants and Amrypooins who I would like to ask which of Hydroid, Vauban or Mesa would they like.

I'll post the list I have of everyone's wishlist stuff and who's already been taken care of by Shalhavet and I when I get back on my PC. Keep on Christmas-ing goons.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I don't need anything, but just want to say how great is to have people like you guys in the community.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I'd buy a vaguely Santa-themed Warframe, honestly.

Especially if they go like they did in Wonderful 101 as being this beefy hammer-wielding superhero.

More seriously, thanks you for your efforts, Tenno Santa!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
I offered in game, but I'll make the offer again here.

I have arcane versions of Hemlock, Essence, Espirit, Flux and Coil that, frankly, I have not had any freaking luck selling. I am horrible at trading and it is christmas. If any of ya'll want one, let me know.

Please, unless you plan on gifting it to another goon, one helmet per request. I only have one of each.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
You guys are real cool.

Btw:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/368161-psa-wednesday-update-eta-thursday-dec-18/?p=4076133 posted:

PC Tenno,

Currently all hands are on deck for what this Update contains! We've decided to keep our noses to the grindstone a bit longer to polish the Update, and will put it live no later than Thursday (Dec 18) afternoon.

Couple things to look forward too:
New Archwing & Weapons
And rumblings of a Vay Hek guided disturbance..

Thanks for your patience, Tenno!

New Archwing stuff lands tomorrow.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I offered in game, but I'll make the offer again here.

I have arcane versions of Hemlock, Essence, Espirit, Flux and Coil that, frankly, I have not had any freaking luck selling. I am horrible at trading and it is christmas. If any of ya'll want one, let me know.

Please, unless you plan on gifting it to another goon, one helmet per request. I only have one of each.

I'd like to grab the Espirit helmet if possible, Tenno Santa are the best~

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Emalde posted:

I'd like to grab the Espirit helmet if possible, Tenno Santa are the best~

What's your In-Game? I'll jump in and send it your way.

Edit: I think I found you in-game, but just wanna make this official. Espirit is yours if we can get a trade going.

Crono S. Magnum fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 18, 2014

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Thanks Tenno Santa!

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

hooah posted:

So is this tactical alert just another sigil one, or is it something substantive?

I would also like to know this. So far all of the alerts have been super awesome sigils that really could not give less fucks about. Does this one at least have a proper reward?

Crono S. Magnum posted:

I have blueprints for Arcane Scorpion (Ash), Arcane Thrak (Rhino) and that one Arcane Ember helmet(Phoenix?). These are free for you if hit me up (waffleface ingame), you are rank 8 or lower and are willing to wait for me to crank em out. I'm not exactly overflowing with mats, so if you want these make sure you actually have the frame for that helmet.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Dec 18, 2014

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.
Dear Tenno Santa, I am a rank 9 player and my in game name is JohnSmithal . I would like a Mesa to call my own, if this is not possible, one or two orokin catalysts would be good as well. Thank you, and have a happy holiday season!

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
Dear Tenno Santa

Hi my name is Solarne and I just passed my mastery rank 7 test. I really don't need anything. My wish list is the rest of Stalker equipment. I gotten dread on my first encounter with stalker and really want rest of his kit. I could use something that uses three argon crystal since i just did a void mission and I do not have a use for them. Can you help me space santa?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

What's your In-Game? I'll jump in and send it your way.

Edit: I think I found you in-game, but just wanna make this official. Espirit is yours if we can get a trade going.

Thanks a bunch for this!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Fishstick posted:

I would also like to know this. So far all of the alerts have been super awesome sigils that really could not give less fucks about. Does this one at least have a proper reward?

It's a sigil. The next one will also be a sigil.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013
Dear Tenno Santa,

I'm RedAbaddon ingame and I'm rank 12. If you have plat to spare, I could use a warframe slot to slot more frames.

Merry Tennomas!!

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

ChaosDragon posted:

Dear Tenno Santa

Hi my name is Solarne and I just passed my mastery rank 7 test. I really don't need anything. My wish list is the rest of Stalker equipment. I gotten dread on my first encounter with stalker and really want rest of his kit. I could use something that uses three argon crystal since i just did a void mission and I do not have a use for them. Can you help me space santa?

If you haven't built an Angstrum, I recommend it highly. I hear the Amprex is pretty cool too, but can't personally vouch for that like I can the one-handed carpet bomber.

Crigit
Sep 6, 2011

I'll show you my naval if you show me yours.
Let's get naut'y.
Thanks Tenno Santa! I will treasure this mesa suit forever, even if it is soggy and smells kind of funny.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Crigit posted:

Thanks Tenno Santa! I will treasure this mesa suit forever, even if it is soggy and smells kind of funny.

Sometimes Tenno Santa spills the eggnog when he takes an especially sharp turn, or when doing a couple of barrel rolls to spice up the long space sleigh ride.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

SaffronKit posted:

Tenno Santa is indeed a thing still, and I've just launched all the gifts that I can for tonight! I've still got plat to spend for gifts left, but it'll take another couple of days to get it all out.

I've gotten a whole bunch of the lower rank folks tonight, aside from SAMrPants and Amrypooins who I would like to ask which of Hydroid, Vauban or Mesa would they like.

I'll post the list I have of everyone's wishlist stuff and who's already been taken care of by Shalhavet and I when I get back on my PC. Keep on Christmas-ing goons.

I think Vauban would be cool and he looks like a pain in the rear end to farm.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Tenno Santa reserves the right to not give you certain weapons and warframes because you'll shoot your face off.... while trying to level it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I have all but one part for Vauban, except his helmet. I decided to sleep in last weekend.

When I woke up, the alert log showed I'd slept through a helmet alert. :smith:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
In comedy... timing is everything

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

One thing to be aware of for this little stupid sigil event:

So, it's a simple two-node Mobile Defense.
Most of the enemies that spawn, are inherently fast (as if they were speednova'd).
An extremely large number of the spawns are eximus.
You continue to get the 10x XP bonus for eximus.

As a result, this event literally hoses you down with weapon affinity, especially if you have an Affinity Booster. Just running it once normally with a pubbie group was enough to take an unranked Soma Prime to lv18. In one run. Second run took it to 24.

I had only made this thing today, and I'm going to have three Forma in it by the end of the night.

e: Also, the drop tables have been unchanged re: Oberon parts, so if you don't have it already, you can get it instantly tonight.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
SaffronKit/Tenno Santa(s), I need to know who's been covered already so I don't double up. Just throw a list down or message me.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Dear Tenno Santa,

I am Meckell, rank 16.

I would like for either The Typing Of The Grineer: Overkill, Grineer Defense Force: Infested Armageddon, or Denzine's Dethcube railshooter to be A Thing.

If those are asking for too much, I will settle for the sacrifice of a certain large, fat bird, carried out by anyone wanting Hydroid parts.

That is all.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Are there any good websites for checking prices of different items in plat for trading or selling? I've been using WFT, but i'm not sure how accurate it is.

moongat
Feb 20, 2014
Dear Tenno Santa,

I'd like a reactor and the Longhorn Mesa helmet so I have pierced head-rings and double mod capacity like all the cool kids. The space blindfold is so last era, anyway!

Love, yoxola, rank 13

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Since weapon/frame slots are a pain to gift (I thought they might be), I'd like to change my Tenno-Santa request to a Mesa. In game name = Hurion, rank 9.

If you want to keep frames to lower rank dudes, I'm cool with being passed up, cause I can't think of anything else I want!

P.S. Thanks for being cool.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
With help from the clan, got the last Vauban piece I needed last night. Should be able to start building him later today.

Next up: Limbo Theorem and the Mutalist Survival mission on Eris. Tried the latter with a pick-up group last night; we got to 28:29 before the last surviving member extracted. :shepicide:

Then I'll have to see about getting a lift to Alad V to beat him like a Mesa-filled pinata.

Probably going to try to level Ember and some random weapons while I wait, to pass the time until Rhino finishes and I can start leveling him.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sorry to the folks I was running Yursa with today when I vanished. My Internet decided to take a leave of absence for an hour or so.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
The other day i saw a kickass vauban, he painted funny pictures on the ground with his tesla skillz. Awesome! But then it dawned upon me that i am just playing a 1st person Tower Defensive Game.

and thank you Tenno santa!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

FunkyFlashman posted:

The other day i saw a kickass vauban, he painted funny pictures on the ground with his tesla skillz. Awesome! But then it dawned upon me that i am just playing a 1st person Tower Defensive Game.

and thank you Tenno santa!

Let's be honest, Warframe is what Mass Effect 3's multiplayer SHOULD have been.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Let's be honest, Warframe is what Mass Effect 3's multiplayer SHOULD have been.

Funny, I've heard people say WF needs to take more from ME3MP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Really though, Warframe is just Phantasy Star Online with more shooty bits. Search your heart, you know it to be true.