Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

raditts posted:

I wonder how much Fox News had to pay those guys to become Uncle Toms that they could conveniently trot out whenever there's a race issue to talk about to confirm the beliefs of their viewers.

I suspect they offer them roughly 60% of the usual rate they offer people like Palin or Ollie North.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

skaboomizzy posted:

I suspect they offer them roughly 60% of the usual rate they offer people like Palin or Ollie North.

The two-thirds struggle remains real.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Anna Kendrick :allears:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
"It's hard to have a poo poo day on a musical."

I imagine the people involved in Turn Off The Dark would disagree categorically.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I would be honored to eat the Colbert set. :911:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

The Banksy truth is out!

I would totally buy some Vacsa___ merchandise.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Americone Dream will continue, right? Because if I'm going to eat Ben and Jerry's, there's no real choice.

e: That baby is a loving rear end in a top hat.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 18, 2014

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Poor Michael Stipe :smith:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Man I don't want it to end tomorrow. Also wtf you think Colbert could get a hour long send off.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
God, this could have happened two days later.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

:911: Cold War's over guys :ussr:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
God drat you, Colbert, now I wanna go to Cuba.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SgtSteel91 posted:

:911: Cold War's over guys :ussr:

You know the real reason Republicans are furious over this is because with the last remnant of the Cold War gone, Reagan has officially become totally irrelevant as opposed to merely being mostly irrelevant.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

raditts posted:

You know the real reason Republicans are furious over this is because with the last remnant of the Cold War gone, Reagan has officially become totally irrelevant as opposed to merely being mostly irrelevant.

He's been totally irrelevant after he stopped being president. That was never going to stop them.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

He's been totally irrelevant after he stopped being president. That was never going to stop them.

It's because they have no one else to talk about :ssh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I don't know if this guy's a shitbag or what.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't know if this guy's a shitbag or what.

He seems reasonable enough. All he's saying is that our recent wars have been pretty hosed.

That said, I haven't even read a passage from his book so for all I know he blames war on the jews.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Well I know that and you know that, but they were trying so gosh darn hard to convince everyone that it was still the '80s...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

He seems reasonable enough. All he's saying is that our recent wars have been pretty hosed.

That said, I haven't even read a passage from his book so for all I know he blames war on the jews.

He sounds interesting and poo poo but half the stuff he says keeps hitting all the smug douche notes too so I'm not sure what's up.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I am not ready for it all to end. :smith:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The two-thirds struggle remains real.

More of a 3/5ths struggle

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bobkatt013 posted:

More of a 3/5ths struggle

Hey now, African Americans have progressed a little since then.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hey now, African Americans have progressed a little since then.

Not on Fox News!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

He got another high five in! gently caress yeah!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

He's been totally irrelevant after he stopped being president.

Oh my sweet summer child...

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Majorian posted:

Oh my sweet summer child...

I'm not saying swathes of idiots don't raise up images of Reagan like his face was equivalent to the stars and stripes. My whole point was that, whatever the reality of his legacy, the far right is going to act like he's the lovechild of Uncle Sam and George Washington that hatched out of an eagle egg. Just, you know, not in a gay way.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013

I am not ready for it all to end. :smith:
I like @midnight and I somehow like Chris Hardwick, but I am totally punching a hole in my TV the second his dumb face follows Colbert's final goodbye.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Whenever I see G Gordon Liddy I'm reminded of the weird bit of trivia that Al Franken considers him a close personal friend. I remember in the Air America Days Franken would mention that quite a bit, usually in the context of "see these two sides who have nothing in common ideologically can get along."

Whatever the deal is with that friendship, it led to one of the funnier moments I heard on AA, when Franken had Liddy on the line (the two had radio shows at literally the same time, like the same hour of the day, and sometimes they would simulcast). It went something like:

Franken: Having known you for as long as I have, and now that I work in the radio industry, I can say that one thing I truly admire about you is this talent that you have for being able to sit there behind the microphone and just hold forth for hours on any topic that you're given---

Liddy: You can't see my face right now but trust me, I'm beaming.

Franken: --without having the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Liddy: Oh.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Von Sloneker posted:

Whenever I see G Gordon Liddy I'm reminded of the weird bit of trivia that Al Franken considers him a close personal friend. I remember in the Air America Days Franken would mention that quite a bit, usually in the context of "see these two sides who have nothing in common ideologically can get along."

Whatever the deal is with that friendship, it led to one of the funnier moments I heard on AA, when Franken had Liddy on the line (the two had radio shows at literally the same time, like the same hour of the day, and sometimes they would simulcast). It went something like:

Franken: Having known you for as long as I have, and now that I work in the radio industry, I can say that one thing I truly admire about you is this talent that you have for being able to sit there behind the microphone and just hold forth for hours on any topic that you're given---

Liddy: You can't see my face right now but trust me, I'm beaming.

Franken: --without having the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Liddy: Oh.

That sounds like a pretty genuine friendship, in my experience.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Unexplained Rankings of Colbert Report segments

Cheating Death needs to be higher than the middle of the list, if only for the side effect names.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Y-Hat posted:

Unexplained Rankings of Colbert Report segments

Cheating Death needs to be higher than the middle of the list, if only for the side effect names.

No Doom Bunker? pffft

I will say I was a bit disappointed Esteban Colberto didn't show up for the Cuba news.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Fuckin Gitmo!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
gently caress Santacon.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Guys, I don't think I'm ready for this.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't want to say goodbye. :(

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
One last toss. :unsmith:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

"As we always do, we're checking in on Stephen" Jon hasn't done this in at least a year!

It's time :smith:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
This is going to loving suck :qq:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Nine years goes by so fast :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

A pickup truck with anti-aircraft artillery in the bed? Now that's :black101:

• Locked thread