Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is there a quick way to tell what jump range I have with a current fuel load?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Who's playing online? Who's playing solo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UqSsvCynYc

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

That's pretty much it

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I've been erasing my save and trying out new poo poo each time I logged in the last few days. This time I kept my free eagle and shitted on the first wanted npc I ran into.

14k right off the bat :getin:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Hekk posted:

Hopefully the stars look less terrible than they did in X3.

Yeah, I'd say they look less terrible than in X3.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Goddamn the eagle looks good.

jets in space

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

krispykremessuck posted:

Yeah, I'd say they look less terrible than in X3.

Looks good. I have downloaded the single player tutorials and am working on the full game right now. Too bad I can't play through the single player stuff while downloading the actual game. Also, I have no idea how you guys are playing with game pads. I tried a dogfight and immediately went to the garage to dig out my flight stick. I don't have my X45 anymore so the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro will have to do for now.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Some idiot got a court to buy into his class action lawsuit against Sony because of a resolution misrepresentation regarding Killzone: Shadow Fall. Of course there is some Games idiot who feels this is worthy of time and money. I bolded the especially hilarious part.

ImpAtom posted:

The argument is over native 1080p vs 1080p period.

As far as "nobody was hurt by it," no, nobody was physically hurt by it but that doesn't mean it isn't (potentially) a case of false advertising which can have a financial impact on a person. Presumably, especially if they felt strongly enough to go to court over it, this particular person based their purchasing decision at least partially off of the claim of native 1080p multiplayer.

The vast majority of law involves minor things.

Someone not suing over something before doesn't mean it isn't valid.

It's also entirely possible they will lose the case. This is not a declaration of victory. It just means that it is going to continue forward and that SCE's dismissal argument was flawed.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
gently caress ya'll did some Rust with Goholio and the dicks are now blurred out :(

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Did you disable censoring in the console?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Not yet :getin:

e:

Ok I'm in for Elite and harassing space jerks.

Helldump Immunity. fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 18, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Helldump Immunity. posted:

gently caress ya'll did some Rust with Goholio and the dicks are now blurred out :(

We immediately begin loving around and some dude hits on me within seconds of my 13/f/ca post. :stare:

Click for huge.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 18, 2014

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
gently caress you, you played along and they gave you a place to crash and some food.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

If you didn't play Privateer as a kid than you didn't have a childhood. :colbert:

By the time I get Elite you nerds will have quit for some new hotness. gently caress me for working retail in December. :negative:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Yup, full set of clothes, a ton of food, a sleeping bag, and they authorized me into their house. :lol:

Edit:

Click for huge.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 18, 2014

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
:lol:

:stare:

That's creepier than I expected. I'll stick to shivering in the woods you can keep your rape hut.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

Yup, full set of clothes, a ton of food, a sleeping bag, and they authorized me into their house. :lol:

Edit:

Click for huge.

Yikes. Dude was coming in hot.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

HDI, posing as a 15 year old boy, asked if I was single...dude starting giving him a bunch of poo poo. :lol:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
"yeah, I owned that kid :smug:

sleeping bag, m'lady?"

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Godholio posted:

Edit:

Click for huge.

I was going to get all judgmental here but pederast honeypot simulator looks way more interesting than spacemud farmer simulator

edit: but seriously my skin is still crawling from "someone has a dirty mind!!! (SMILEY FACE)". euuuughh

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Was rust recently updated or something? I though people had quit playing it

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
N4i described it best: Elite is a very wide, shallow pool. It'll grow into something special with some content updates.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Was rust recently updated or something? I though people had quit playing it

Apparently they scrapped the old version and went all in on a new one which is not as polished. Still fun.

If we all get on the same server Ghole can give us access to the rapehut and we can get all Chris Hansen on those guys :)

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
please pretend to be the 13 year old girl then when they start getting nasty act like the dad walked in and now you gonna contact the fbi

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

if there is a steam sale i will buy it

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

please pretend to be the 13 year old girl then when they start getting nasty act like the dad walked in and now you gonna contact the fbi

At one point he asked if I had a mic, so I figure I'll join their mumble or whatever and see how it goes.

Edit: Also planning on buying Elite, but not this week.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

holocaust bloopers posted:

N4i described it best: Elite is a very wide, shallow pool. It'll grow into something special with some content updates.

for now it's still very enjoyable, but i agree, add a bit more content and it'll grow into something amazing

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

It is no surprise these all German-made games.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

not sure how you can put this out there with a straight face when tie fighter exists

Seriously, it's still the best PC game ever made

That said, Elite is cool, but I honestly think the Star Citizen dog fighting alpha is way more fun combat-wise, Shame they'll probably never make a proper game of it considering the management running SC is dead set on insane levels of insurmountable incompetence.

They had to make a separate design studio so Chris Roberts would have an excuse to move to LA so his failed actress wife could try and get work, for fucks sake

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 18, 2014

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Oh? there's actual trouble with Star Citizen beyond them dealing with funding that's larger than most nations' GDP?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Oh? there's actual trouble with Star Citizen beyond them dealing with funding that's larger than most nations' GDP?

It's a symptom of that problem. Essentially its what happens when an idea-fairy runs a project. They have 4 separate studios under their banner, of which 1 is SUPER good at what it does, and shockingly enough is ran by Roberts' brother. There's another that' not bad either, and it was supposed to be the flagship studio, but it got left behind when CR moved to LA from Austin, the other two just dick around and make terrible weekly videos and bad netcode for a game engine that was only designed to support 16 people at a time.

The best part is that the community manager is a fat loving moron who is still really mad IRL about how Goonfleet hosed him over in EVE (holy poo poo, they made an emoticon out of him :lesnick: , and all the unpaid moderators seem to be really angry furries, so it has to be the absolute biggest mess of an official forum I have ever seen. I honestly hope Star Citizen releases as a good game where I can do Newtonian physics modeled space fighting, but I don;t have much hope.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I passed all the combat tutorials but explode my ship trying to dock it. I think I am going to have to bind the vertical thrust keys to something.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Who cares about newtonian based space fighting when you can pay real money to have a fake wet bar put in your fake $300 ship?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Who cares about newtonian based space fighting when you can pay real money to have a fake wet bar put in your fake $300 ship?

Eh, the community is awful and the development team takes way too many ideas from them, but honest to god the actual game play that's available is surprisingly good.

edit: seriously, try and watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stCYtoQcdx0

Everything about this, from the fat guy stumbling over basic words and the unnerved tone and really bad banter of Chris Roberts' wife. It's literally the worst poo poo I have ever seen made by people collecting a paycheck. And "people" are paying to have these made and feel good about it.

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 18, 2014

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Eh, the community is awful and the development team takes way too many ideas from them, but honest to god the actual game play that's available is surprisingly good.
That's is all I care about. Well, that and being able to strap the mutilated corpses of pubbies across the bloody bow of my ship :getin:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's a symptom of that problem. Essentially its what happens when an idea-fairy runs a project. They have 4 separate studios under their banner, of which 1 is SUPER good at what it does, and shockingly enough is ran by Roberts' brother. There's another that' not bad either, and it was supposed to be the flagship studio, but it got left behind when CR moved to LA from Austin, the other two just dick around and make terrible weekly videos and bad netcode for a game engine that was only designed to support 16 people at a time.

The best part is that the community manager is a fat loving moron who is still really mad IRL about how Goonfleet hosed him over in EVE (holy poo poo, they made an emoticon out of him :lesnick: , and all the unpaid moderators seem to be really angry furries, so it has to be the absolute biggest mess of an official forum I have ever seen. I honestly hope Star Citizen releases as a good game where I can do Newtonian physics modeled space fighting, but I don;t have much hope.

Well then. I still hope the game fails only to spite every idiot who donated large sums of cash to it.

That community manager is a goddamn scrub. There's tons of college kids with PR degrees who'd do the work for cheaper and put out a better product. Sure, go ahead and hire the goon, though.

edit: His wife is very accomplished. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1667407/

Hekk posted:

I passed all the combat tutorials but explode my ship trying to dock it. I think I am going to have to bind the vertical thrust keys to something.

How are you doing that? Docking is legit easy. Work the approach in pieces. First line up, fly straight in, adjust, and land.

bloops fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 18, 2014

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Spicy Guacamole posted:

That's is all I care about. Well, that and being able to strap the mutilated corpses of pubbies across the bloody bow of my ship :getin:

Same. Oddly enough the goons in star citizen are probably the most amiable and realistic people in the community, and have calm, rational and realistic expectations for the game. I've got a $180 space ship, so I still hope it comes out as something I want to play :smith:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What's the most someone has given towards Star Citizen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

What's the most someone has given towards Star Citizen?

i vaguely recall there being a SA goon spreadsheet and some dumbass dropping at least $10k.
the goon gamedev who is making kinetic void also dropped multiple thousand dollars on star citizen, and at least $500 on mechwarrior online.

• Locked thread