Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
she has 2 legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Wolfsheim posted:

From a few pages back, but this is easily the most EU sentence I've ever read. It features a character not in the movies using the secret ultra-powerful Force abilities of a clone of a character not in the movies and using anti-Force powers from a creature not mentioned in the movies that is different from a similar creature Han Solo hosed, and it all takes place inside of a scene in Return of the Jedi. This is peak EU.

Are people joking or did Han Solo actually gently caress the space weasel? Has my brain repressed this memory to protect my entire childhood from being devoured by awareness that I once read a scene of space bestiality?

gohuskies posted:

"I bid you all Dark Greetings!"
―A quote from Grand Moff Hissa, used by the Wookieepedia community to represent their own Mofferences

A body of military officers whose most notable member doesn't take the Force seriously and lets his direct subordinate tell Darth Vader to his face that the Force is bullshit give some stupid evil cult greeting. Yeah, that's in-character.

E: I remember reading The Glove of Darth Vader when I was like eight and I thought it was utterly godawful even then. It's so bad even children are moffended.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 18, 2014

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
it was corran horn that hosed the space weasel

E: also i think he was allergic to it

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Did it give him space weasel herpes?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd gently caress a space weasel and you're a liar if you say you wouldn't.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Woolie Wool posted:

Did it give him space weasel herpes?

Actually, yes. I'm pretty sure the book did mention him getting a rash or something of the sort.
Other than that, Rogue Squadron was a pretty decent book with some relatively smart space combat scenes.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Actually, yes. I'm pretty sure the book did mention him getting a rash or something of the sort.
Other than that, Rogue Squadron was a pretty decent book with some relatively smart space combat scenes.

the rash was from his chain/medallion not the weasel

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

ThePutty posted:

does anybody else think mon calamari is a really dumb name for a race of squid humanoids? what about bib fortuna too, that's also dumb

Mon calamari got mon restaurant four stars in a Paris newspaper.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pentyne posted:

What, the magical finger-chopstick aliens or the "Mormons take over the world"?

Also, the 2nd book was crazy sensible when 2 marine grunts jury a space shuttle together to fly from Phobos to Earth.

I meant go off the rails in the sense that the first book is certainly Doom and the second book is definitely Doom II. Once the explanation for why everything happened well..it just kinda spirals down from there.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

ElGroucho posted:

Just wanted to skip forward in time and tell everyone that the Doom novels were unironically better than the totality of EU writing

ok, back to page 25

Infernal Sky is mind-bendingly terrible enough to stand with the best worst of the EU, especially with the soldiers ending up on an alien ship naked and conversing with two aliens named Sears and Roebuck oh and the demons are some other kind of aliens and here's some weird jargon and bullshit eschatology that has nothing to do with why anyone played Doom.

While we're on the subject of awful things that nerds like, I reminisced yesterday about Babylon 5 and in hindsight it was much, much worse than I thought it was when I first watched it. People don't talk in that show, they give speeches and declaim to each other, and the more endlessly quoted the declamation by Babylon 5 nerds, the worse it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFvkgfBXHPA
This is the most quoted scene in the entire series and also one of the worst. It is a complete and utter failure in writing, delivery, and direction.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 18, 2014

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Fetus Tree posted:

the rash was from his chain/medallion not the weasel

i thought it was some combination of that + his sweat and her fur or something

of course, when stackpole wrote the rogue squadron books, i don't think the selonians and bothans were so animal-like as they've ended up being.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Tricky D posted:

Space squid women often use their breasts to suckle their young.

"Aayla Secura using her breasts to impress a Gossam guard."

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

"Aayla Secura using her breasts to impress a Gossam guard."

:rip: best jedi

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
she impressed us all <3

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Milky Moor posted:

i thought it was some combination of that + his sweat and her fur or something

of course, when stackpole wrote the rogue squadron books, i don't think the selonians and bothans were so animal-like as they've ended up being.

Oh God. I hate you all and myself.

Corran Horn wore a Jedi Credit (stupid gold medallion with his ancestors face on it made when he made Jedi Master) on a gold chain because his sweat was "acidic enough to tarnish something like silver". Apparently there's a normal range of sweat acidity and his is on the extreme end while still being within human norms or whatever and his acid sweat was sufficiently acidic to get through the waxy coating on a space weasel named Chertyl Rootwooler's fur and irritate her skin.

Also he was mildly alergic to her fur and described sex as arousing mutual sunburn which is why they only had sex once.

All of this was to reassure a 16 year old kid from Tattooine that it was ok that he wanted to gently caress one of these

Or maybe these?

Whichever depiction of Bothans makes you laugh harder, basically.

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 18, 2014

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
they both have me pretty hard tbh

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
now I'm pretty sure that all those bothans that died to steal the death star plans were just asking for it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

TheSpiritFox posted:

Corran Horn wore a Jedi Credit (stupid gold medallion with his ancestors face on it made when he made Jedi Master) on a gold chain because his sweat was "acidic enough to tarnish something like silver". Apparently there's a normal range of sweat acidity and his is on the extreme end while still being within human norms or whatever and his acid sweat was sufficiently acidic to get through the waxy coating on a space weasel named Chertyl Rootwooler's fur and irritate her skin.

Also he was mildly alergic to her fur and described sex as arousing mutual sunburn which is why they only had sex once.

All of this was to reassure a 16 year old kid from Tattooine that it was ok that he wanted to gently caress one of these

Or maybe these?

Oh god I can corroborate this :cripes:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

They are depicted as being half-naked because of course they are. Also that dude has no room for any of his abdominal organs with that ridiculous build.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Oh god I can corroborate this :cripes:

:suicide::hf::suicide:

For more fun go read I, Jedi where Corran Horn's temporary mortal enemy is a pirate dude named remart who rapes one of these.

That's right. Star Wars has a human raping a werewolf.

P.S.

TheSpiritFox fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 18, 2014

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I'm just so tired of these star wars.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Many goons died (on the inside) to bring us this information.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Thats no goon..

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I have constructed a complex graph indicating the parameters concerning wherein it becomes acceptable to totally clench a boner over a nonhuman, partially human or, to use the Gygaxian vernacular " demihuman," female employing a weighted average of facial features to body structure. Beginning as follows, hhuuuuaarrrrnnngh

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

TheSpiritFox posted:

Or maybe these?

wouldn't, would

would

corran horn is the best loving character in the whole EU and he should be in the new movies

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I remember someone asking Micheal Stackpol about it and he said when he wrote that bit he thought they were more human-like (kind of like Bothans) and didn't realize they were giant weasels until after the book was published. For whatever it's worth.

And yeah Corren was mildly allergic to her and got a full body rash.

E; fb

Personally I think Voort is my favorite EU character

Imagine this guy in a starfighter. Or on stage dancing for the ladies :pervert:

platedlizard fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 18, 2014

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

TheSpiritFox posted:

Or maybe these?

star wars galaxies had weird bothans

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It must have been so loving satisfying to be on the Uber Nerd Council that got to burn down the whole of the EU.

I hope Han Solo and Leia are divorced in the new movies and never had any kids.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i hope they were never married and luke is gay

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

i hope they were never married and luke is gay

p much guaranteed

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I heard that Mark Hamill lost a lot of weight and got pretty fit for the new movies

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
He grew a beard and looks like a less gibbon- bodied Slavoj Zizek

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

It must have been so loving satisfying to be on the Uber Nerd Council that got to burn down the whole of the EU.

I hope Han Solo and Leia are divorced in the new movies and never had any kids.

not going to lie, i hope the new movies make it virtually impossible to be like 'well, the movies don't openly contradict some of the old stuff' when it comes to the old EU. stuff like han and leia got divorced or never got married or whatever

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Harime Nui posted:

He grew a beard and looks like a less gibbon- bodied Slavoj Zizek

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I hope a moon still crashes into chewie somehow tho.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Holy poo poo were those books bad, even when I was ten I considered them to be poo poo. I know the empire is the space nazis but the series turns them into literal servants of evil, for evil with the bonus of Palpatines poor grandson fighting for the rebels.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

The woman in the background has only one leg. This being star wars I wouldn't be surprised if she's just a one legged species.

Yes, that one legged species is called The Eileen. The entire species are waitresses at The Intergalactic House of Pancakes.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

TheSpiritFox posted:

Or maybe these?

BOTHAN MILF BONED IN BUSINESS BOARDROOM.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Milky Moor posted:

not going to lie, i hope the new movies make it virtually impossible to be like 'well, the movies don't openly contradict some of the old stuff' when it comes to the old EU. stuff like han and leia got divorced or never got married or whatever

hopefully JJ abrams does a good enough job that they even win the EU nerds over

god i really hope abrams doesn't gently caress this up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Goddamn the Star Wars EU has a ridiculous amount of rape in it

• Locked thread