Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

It still blows my mind to find out that people care about this even a tiny bit.

I mean I personally don't care about sales but the topic was "sales numbers" and he followed up by writing off 3D World. I just started listening to them but Brad seems to be the worst opinion haver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

I mean I personally don't care about sales but the topic was "sales numbers"

I know but just reporting on it blows my mind. I guess some office scumbag thinks it's important but why wouldn't they just go to the same source Giant Bomb did.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*drops everything to quickly load up Giantbomb.com so I don't miss a second of the action*

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

GiantBomb was never about the sales numbers, so I don't really care if Brad forgot to mention a million units of Mario sold or whatever. If you want that information then you should visit the Dorito Pope himself, Geoff Keighly.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

[entire PAX audience booing Patrick]

Hans Moleman: I was saying Scoops.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Tender Bender posted:

I spent ten seconds googling it out of curiosity and found that it had its strongest week of sales since the console's launch, which you'd think would be worth mentioning.

If Brad wasn't forced to be the host this is like 300% more time than he would spend researching anything for the podcast.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Fumaofthelake posted:

If Brad wasn't forced to be the host this is like 300% more time than he would spend researching anything for the podcast.

Or researching anything for a game that he's hosting a quicklook for, for that matter

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I intensely give a poo poo about Giantbomb's standards of research.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Man I have a lot of strong opinions on Brad Shoemaker and his researching ethics

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
in my opinion you shouldnt research anything *makes a movie about video gajmes and says the ps3 has more games than the wii*

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
post script: i don't actually know which system has more games

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think people take a fun website/podcast where fun people talk about video games and website domains too deadly seriously, I think.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I didn't realize that expecting a quicklook to know what the release platforms of the game are might be caring too much.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 18, 2014

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Woops. hosed it up.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 18, 2014

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Gimbal lock posted:

Woops. hosed it up.

dont edit youre posts

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think about Jeff searching for broken avatars in the Game Room like every day now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I think about Jeff searching for broken avatars in the Game Room like every day now.

Also when he sat and shot the same three targets in that lovely UFO for upwards of a half hour

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Gimbal lock posted:

I didn't realize that expecting a quicklook to know what the release platforms of the game are might be caring too much.

they never know the price of anything and thats always been true

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
http://youtu.be/IpX8Aoj35aM

This is the best Dan video, also the best game.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

RubberJohnny posted:

http://youtu.be/IpX8Aoj35aM

This is the best Dan video, also the best game.

Actually it's OverBlood 2.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The new Spookin' with Scoops is out, fellas!

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

NienNunb posted:

The new Spookin' with Scoops is out, fellas!

Win!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Everyone at the table has a smart phone and/or laptop and you still get times where they just talk in circles about something wondering aloud what the real answer is. All the hatin' I posted in the thread has just been goofin' (except really gently caress Patrick) but it seems fairly unprofessional.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Fumaofthelake posted:

Everyone at the table has a smart phone and/or laptop and you still get times where they just talk in circles about something wondering aloud what the real answer is.

:effort:

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Fumaofthelake posted:

Everyone at the table has a smart phone and/or laptop and you still get times where they just talk in circles about something wondering aloud what the real answer is. All the hatin' I posted in the thread has just been goofin' (except really gently caress Patrick) but it seems fairly unprofessional.

they had to make a rule because brad would look at his phone CONSTANTLY for other bullshit and fall asleep all the time

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Skeleton King posted:

they had to make a rule because brad would look at his phone CONSTANTLY for other bullshit and fall asleep all the time
so Im guessing dota2 doesn't have remote play? because I can totally see brad trying to get away with playing dota during a podcast

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The filename is good poo poo. lmfao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why can't professionals afford a background or at least green screen background effect for their professional podcast live from their childhood bedroom?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

why can't professionals afford a background or at least green screen background effect for their professional podcast live from their childhood bedroom?

The whole thing with Giant Bomb is that their just guys and not some mass media owned review factory I thought.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm glad their doing some stuff with Jason on the mic now, he's epic IMO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I'm glad their doing some stuff with Jason on the mic now, he's epic IMO.

Yeah, but it's probably only because of the holidays. A drew/Jason QL would be cool, although it will likely never happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I don't know who Jason is.