Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Endorph posted:

one time i was taking a walk and a dude rode by on a motorcycle which had a confederate flag flying above the us flag on the back, and when i looked at him he raised his fist to me in white solidarity

They're really dedicated to a specific 4 year period of their heritage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

gabe nooooooooooooooooo

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Good luck, Jaroslaw.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lol "good luck with your game"

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is this the new Brad Wardell?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

bigass jncos posted:

The way that many people on the games forum make fun of a video game/console they don't like is to get obsessed with hating that thing and identify with hating it.

In fact, three IT workers have already paid $5 for the last word in an argument about whether or not the Nazi game is good or bad.

It's :10bux: to change someone else's title, 5 to change your own. Who was the third?

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
So this game is good then?

lfield
May 10, 2008
Looks pretty awful.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

VarXX posted:

So this game is good then?

the police dont even come after you and there's no option to commit suicide after your hatespree, zero realism, 0/10

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

*Swaggers into Games with a lovely red text AV*

"OG Loc is back bitches"

What he doesn't know is that some balla bustas are waiting in alley with 10 more bucks to put a cap in his rear end straight outta LP

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw0uz88E2gI

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.

Eye of Widesauron posted:

*Swaggers into Games with a lovely red text AV*

"OG Loc is back bitches"

What he doesn't know is that some balla bustas are waiting in alley with 10 more bucks to put a cap in his rear end straight outta LP

Good poo poo.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I said come in! posted:

This is basically just the first Postal game with better graphics.

Postal wasn't even that good, Postal 2 was the only one that had some redeeming features.

this game is real quaint though.

DrManiac posted:

I never played the postal games but I was always under the impression that they didn't take themselves seriously.

Postal 1 was serious and then postal 2 had the devs saying "wow postal 1 was pretty dumb"

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Hotline Miami is half acid trip. From music to presentation, it has a style to it.

Hatred's style is

And is mostly about being the edgiest kid at middle school possible.

hotline miami 1 is what Hatred is raging against because hotline miami makes artistic statements lol

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Dec 18, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Honestly I kinda wanna get this game just because mindless stress relief "mow everyone the gently caress down" games are extremely my poo poo. It would be a definite buy if the devs weren't weirdo Nazis.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

iuvian posted:

Hot new greenlight game coming through!

lfield
May 10, 2008

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Honestly I kinda wanna get this game just because mindless stress relief "mow everyone the gently caress down" games are extremely my poo poo.

Am I nuts for thinking this sort of statement is totally loving creepy? Genuine question.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Yeah, I don't see the problem with this game either. You can do literally the exact same thing in Grand Theft Auto but nobody is flipping their poo poo about it, and there are tons of games with gameplay pausing, uncomfortably rapey finishing moves shown via mini-cutscene that nobody bats an eye at.

This game just shows the main character spouting some super cliche lines about the world being poo poo and taking the time to explain what he's going to do to all these people instead of just doing it like you do in every other video game. The most offensive thing about this game is that it pretty much literally says "Ha ha ha, look how offensive and edgy I am!" and in doing so, reveals just how gullible and retarded most people are for allowing themselves to get all worked up about it.

Personally, speaking as a non-psychopath who has a pretty positive outlook on life in general, I think a 12 hour "No Russian" level seems like some pretty good stress relief myself.

lfield posted:

Am I nuts for thinking this sort of statement is totally loving creepy? Genuine question.

Stop looking for reasons to be offended you hypocrite.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 18, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

Personally, speaking as a non-psychopath who has a pretty positive outlook on life in general, I think a 12 hour "No Russian" level seems like some pretty good stress relief myself.

i don't think you're allowed to do that

lfield
May 10, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

I think a 12 hour "No Russian" level seems like some pretty good stress relief myself.

Yeah, this sort of thing. Am I just reading this wrong, or is this a totally nuts thing to say?

I don't mind killing in games, there's just usually some sort of justification given for it. This has killing innocent people built into the design. I'd feel the same way about someone saying they liked playing those weird Japanese games where you molest women on trains and whatnot.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
So mowing down hundreds of random video game people is some horrific catastrophe but mowing down hundreds of video game people who happen to have a video game boss that does things the video game protagonist doesn't like is a-ok?

I'm failing to see where "the best" place to draw the line is as for when it's ok to point a cursor at a particularly person-looking collection of polygons and textures and left-clicking, and when it's not ok to do that.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
This game wouldn't even be a blip on the radar if it weren't for dumb, click bait bullshit news sites. There are hundreds of games where you can mow down innocent people in every sort of graphical style. I mean, poo poo, Watch Dogs is way worse. You can judge and then murder civilians based on whatever you found out about them. It allows you to play as a serial killer that stalks and profiles victims:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC83kY3rywE

Obviously this isn't the point of the game and most people tend to not do this. And there is plenty of other stuff to do in the game besides go on a killing spree. I don't get the appeal of Hatred. It looks like a bad twin-stick shooter with kill animations that is relying on its 'edgy' and 'controversial' content to generate sales instead of the gameplay, art design, writing (lol) or anything else. This is not a good sign.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Honestly I kinda wanna get this game just because mindless stress relief "mow everyone the gently caress down" games are extremely my poo poo. It would be a definite buy if the devs weren't weirdo Nazis.

Steam sales are coming up, it'd just be easier to buy Watch Dogs, Saint's Row III/IV or one of the many GTAs and go crazy murdering everything than this, which is more likely than not going to be a piece of poo poo. Those other games will be more fun too when you inevitably get bored of rampaging. If you've got an itch to kill all the police in the world, ever, get Payday 2. Every heist you mow down the entire police force of a small city. They must have a cloning bank somewhere.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
I agree with Dapper Dan's post completely.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

So mowing down hundreds of random video game people is some horrific catastrophe but mowing down hundreds of video game people who happen to have a video game boss that does things the video game protagonist doesn't like is a-ok?

I'm failing to see where "the best" place to draw the line is as for when it's ok to point a cursor at a particularly person-looking collection of polygons and textures and left-clicking, and when it's not ok to do that.

The executions are portrayed like cumshots which probably means the line is a little ways back

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Anatharon posted:

The executions are portrayed like cumshots which probably means the line is a little ways back

Games that also have slomo, glorified executions off the top of my head...

Deus Ex Human Revolution
Mortal Kombat
Skyrim
God of War
Warhammer: Space Marine
Ryse

Just as violent as Hatred, but nobody gave a poo poo about them. Would you say these games go too far and do they deserve the same kind of treatment as Hatred? Oh and also this list also doesn't mention ARPGs like Diablo 3 where you splatter thousands upons thousands of monsters and people (just as relatively weak and helpless as the ones in Hatred, btw) into chum without even thinking twice about it.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Dec 18, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

killing faceless thugs/grunts/nazis/demons is significantly different than killing innocents who literally beg for their lives IMO. like seriously this is not hard to understand. lots of games do sort of toe the line with that but this piece of poo poo, judging by the trailer at least, appears to be 100% about getting off to hearing women sobbing as you have a gun in their mouths. it's not like killing nazis in wolfenstien at all, really

dirtymurphy24
Nov 30, 2014

The doctor is in.
I'm not opposed to it because it's violent, I'm not opposed to it at all. Though I do think it is pretty stupid. I'm not gonna buy it or play it because it's a top down shooter. If I'm just killing a bunch of people then I want the game to be in first person or over the shoulder.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Fat Lowtax posted:

Good luck, Jaroslaw.

jaroslawdog

lfield
May 10, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

Just as violent as Hatred, but nobody gave a poo poo about them.

can you really not tell the difference between a space marine killing a space orc or whatever, and a serial killer shooting an unarmed woman while she begs him to stop

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
game looks like fun much like super columbine rpg

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
is it illegal to pirate this, because if so, well, i'm not going to , ha ha

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Hatred is leading the charge against all the people in the mainstream who are opposed to violent video games. :smuggo:
This is something the devs actually believe.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Erata posted:

Hatred is leading the charge against all the people in the mainstream who are opposed to violent video games. :smuggo:

This unironically.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

am0kgonzo posted:

So your proof is a facebook like? Ok.

What a time to be alive.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
If a blurry image was good enough to bomb and invade Iraq, why is a facebook like not good enough for you to condemn people as neo-nazis?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Hatred seems like one of those games that would be dumb to purchase at full price, but even something like a 50%-off sale would make it a good purchase for some quick mindless fun.

I'm hoping that they make the difficulty fair instead of copying Postal 1's bullshit difficulty that made the game a tremendous pain in the rear end if you didn't play it at the lowest difficulty level. It's pretty hard to get into the "KILL 'EM ALL!" mindset the game wants you to be in when you're slithering through cover with little health at the start of the map because the map designer thought it would be hi-lar-ious to put only a single health pickup that gives you 10 health in the entire map and bombard you with lots of enemies at the start.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Does it have actual gameplay or is it just "no russian" but for the whole length of the game

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Bobtista posted:

Does it have actual gameplay or is it just "no russian" but for the whole length of the game

Postal 1, which is what this game is pretty much a copy of of, had enemies like cops, dudes in t-shirts with rocket launchers, and dudes in tanktops that throw grenades. The writeup on Greenlight says the cops will be going after you, so it's not just opening fire on harmless NPCs in a variety of environments.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

icantfindaname posted:

killing faceless thugs/grunts/nazis/demons is significantly different than killing innocents who literally beg for their lives IMO. like seriously this is not hard to understand. lots of games do sort of toe the line with that but this piece of poo poo, judging by the trailer at least, appears to be 100% about getting off to hearing women sobbing as you have a gun in their mouths. it's not like killing nazis in wolfenstien at all, really

Im willing to bet that virtual nazi-man or virtual North Korean army man are just as likely to have virtual loving families who would be virtually devastated by the virtual loss as virtual sobbing woman target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
This game offends me!

*Runs over pedestrians in GTA*

• Locked thread