Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Not enough heatsinks :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supraluminal
Feb 17, 2012

The CASE is a nice touch.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Paramemetic posted:

Honestly firestarters are objectively better but some people do better in Jenners. My current deck is all wub, a firestarter with mpls, Jenner K with mpl, thunderbolt with mpls, and a cicada with lpls. It's just taste for Jenners versus firestarters.

The Jenner D is solid for loving up bigger poo poo with the missiles, and the Huginn is the same way, the missiles strip armor then chew them up with mgs. Other than that ravens have a place still but I'd rather see a firestarter or Jenner on my side for the jumpjets.

Edit: with lights now having a critical role in cw I'm going to be rewriting or addending the light tantra. I'll probably do so tomorrow after I see how the new objectives and such work.

What are your thoughts on the Jenner D with SPL/SRM 8 and no jumpjets? I feel like jumpjets are really overrated as far as mobility is concerned, and you won't really be able to fit that kind of firepower on a Jenner with enough ammo to matter AND a good engine AND enough jump jets to clear the gate on CW.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

You just took Commoners' build and made it objectively worse.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Wafflecopper posted:

You just took Commoners' build and made it objectively worse.

My work here is Done

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Tomorrow is going to be a completely different game.

It's odd to me how after how slow everything has been that they can alter maps and objectives all in like a 9 day period

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

TeeMerk posted:

It's odd to me how after how slow everything has been that they can alter maps and objectives all in like a 9 day period

They had to have been working on this before they released CW. The implications for this are huge, during the closed secret CW beta they actually listened to feedback and started working on positive changes. I don't even know who this company is anymore.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ArchangeI posted:

What are your thoughts on the Jenner D with SPL/SRM 8 and no jumpjets? I feel like jumpjets are really overrated as far as mobility is concerned, and you won't really be able to fit that kind of firepower on a Jenner with enough ammo to matter AND a good engine AND enough jump jets to clear the gate on CW.

I think the utility of one jumpjet at half a ton for faster turns and increased mobility is significant.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS

(falls off rock, explodes)

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

TeeMerk posted:

If you bring too many on defense you will get run on and not be effective.

Basically it's fine to bring a lrm boat so long as you are really quiet about it and join in on the general shaming of lrms in order to make it less likely that anyone else brought them.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

rage-saq posted:

They had to have been working on this before they released CW. The implications for this are huge, during the closed secret CW beta they actually listened to feedback and started working on positive changes. I don't even know who this company is anymore.

Turns out that having your crowd funding effort go down in flames concentrates the mind.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

TeeMerk posted:

Space stims increase productivity by 2300%

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

There's inter-clanner drama over noble Butte Hold. The two Major League Gaming 12 mans from Jade Falcon, Lords and SJR have been conquering everything they touch to the point where pubbies have decided that they're invincible/unstoppable and its pointless to fight them. They took over butte hold from clan wolf because they wanted to show off that they could have whatever they wanted.

So apparently now before the latest ceasefire clan wolf organized 6 different 12 man teams and rushed the planet over and over before the clock ran out and ghost capped it back, and now both sides are crowing about how great they are and pretty much in open warfare now.

Over Butte Hold.

Clan wolf thread: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/182981-the-butte/
Jade Falcon thread: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/182970-wolves-now-practicing-burning-out-the-clock/

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

So it's cool that they released a super cool COMMUNITY WARFARE MODE that is earth-shattering and innovative (team deathmatch vs other players or possibly just turrets), and that they've kept all the super cool mechanics like ghost heat and good design decisions like UI 2.0.

Ya'll are definitely way ahead of the curve to go running back into the loving embrace of PGI and definitely not as dumb and bad as the pubbies you so scornfully mock.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Prawned posted:

So it's cool that they released a super cool COMMUNITY WARFARE MODE that is earth-shattering and innovative (team deathmatch vs other players or possibly just turrets), and that they've kept all the super cool mechanics like ghost heat and good design decisions like UI 2.0.

Ya'll are definitely way ahead of the curve to go running back into the loving embrace of PGI and definitely not as dumb and bad as the pubbies you so scornfully mock.

Behold, the one-eyed man!

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013

Prawned posted:

i like to shoot mech mans

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Scoops posted:

There's inter-clanner drama over noble Butte Hold. The two Major League Gaming 12 mans from Jade Falcon, Lords and SJR have been conquering everything they touch to the point where pubbies have decided that they're invincible/unstoppable and its pointless to fight them. They took over butte hold from clan wolf because they wanted to show off that they could have whatever they wanted.

So apparently now before the latest ceasefire clan wolf organized 6 different 12 man teams and rushed the planet over and over before the clock ran out and ghost capped it back, and now both sides are crowing about how great they are and pretty much in open warfare now.

Over Butte Hold.

That rules, too bad we can't join the fray. With how we have to follow PGI's designated attack path we're not realistically going to get there from Liao space without taking at least half the map first.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

That rules, too bad we can't join the fray. With how we have to follow PGI's designated attack path we're not realistically going to get there from Liao space without taking at least half the map first.

Someone start Clan Kerensky [MARY] and only let people in if your a Kerensky alt

Allied to Wolf for maximum mary sue-ness

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

Time to show those turrets who's boss then you can finally shoot the players you've otherwise been able to shoot all this time, but instead you can have a map pixel change colour afterwards woooooooooooohooooooooo

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Guys I can't find the button to have paul inouye poo poo into my open mouth, is it on the store page?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Prawned posted:

Guys I can't find the button to have paul inouye poo poo into my open mouth, is it on the store page?

man goons are the worst

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Prawned posted:

Settle down, Beavis

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

BattleMaster posted:

Settle down, Beavis

I'm just upset that it took me this long to discover they've FINALLY added what the game has been missing, and everyone has now got their money's worth. I mean it took them 2.5 years to figure out, but the ability to drop on an empty map is really really fun.

How long has CW been in?!?! I've probably missed literal weeks of watching a dropship loadscreen and a planet change to green after.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Prawned posted:

I'm just upset that it took me this long to discover they've FINALLY added what the game has been missing, and everyone has now got their money's worth. I mean it took them 2.5 years to figure out, but the ability to drop on an empty map is really really fun.

How long has CW been in?!?! I've probably missed literal weeks of watching a dropship loadscreen and a planet change to green after.

a week?

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Whew that's okay then, I'm selling my car for a clan mech as we speak to really capitalise on the masterful game balance.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Prawned posted:

Ill do it for free, i apologize in advance if i am half mast because i am homo for robo

Eatpants
Jan 26, 2012

Prawned posted:

Whew that's okay then, I'm selling my car for a clan mech as we speak to really capitalise on the masterful game balance.

Oh good. RIP Thread.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Prawned posted:

You've been trying to solo drop in the CW queue haven't you.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Hey prawned, either come play with us again or gently caress off, there's a pal.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Hey prawned, either come play with us again or gently caress off, there's a pal.

Hi fil, don't be upset that I'm mocking your terrible terrible robot game - you know you don't have to play it just cause you are a huge BT sperg right? Sunk-cost fallacy on the founders packs and all that.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Great Beer posted:

You've been trying to solo drop in the CW queue haven't you.

It's the good design for which PGI is known.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Prawned posted:

Hi fil, don't be upset that I'm mocking your terrible terrible robot game - you know you don't have to play it just cause you are a huge BT sperg right? Sunk-cost fallacy on the founders packs and all that.

And you know it's just as dumb to continue to insist something is bad just because it was bad once as it is to pretend a thing isn't dumb in the first place? I didn't play for like a year, man, you know this. It's better now, they're not acting like total morons any more because when Transverse crashed and burned with like $10,000 of it's required $500,000, it seemed to wake them up to the mess they'd made of MWO. If you don't want to play because Paul shat in your mouth too many times, that's entirely fair, but pretending the game hasn't improved and isn't fun is just dumb. And you're a dumb. You dumb.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

Prawned posted:

You know, I joined this forum just to talk about MW:O and your negativity is triggering me. There's no need to be so mean to people just because they're having fun. I thought this was a safe place away from pubbies, but you're worse than pubbies!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I legit missed prawned posts. :allears:

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Mindblast posted:

I legit missed prawned posts. :allears:

<3 I just like reading about people deluding themselves that they are having fun in a lovely bad game by a lovely bad developer.

MWO is still awful that and I hate you forever fil *pulls a mad wheelie out of the thread*

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Prawned posted:

It's the good design for which PGI is known.

Yeah, don't do that. 12 man or nothing because it will never match you with anyone. Liao is the lowest population group in the IS factions so there's maybe 20 people in the Liao queue that aren't us. Your options as a solo player are too bash your head against the Fair and Balanced clans with 11 other solo pubs, find 11 other goons to shoot Davions with, or gently caress off.

I'm not sure if the other factions have the same turret shooting rate but you could try joining one and finding out. Or keep whining in the thread. Your call.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Prawned posted:

<3 I just like reading about people deluding themselves that they are having fun in a lovely bad game by a lovely bad developer.

MWO is still awful that and I hate you forever fil *pulls a mad wheelie out of the thread*

Good point, best get back to your important star citizen posting! *hands you a bucket of ice for that sick burn*

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Seriously :pgi: made CW happen (in Beta, Phase 2, minimum viable product). Though the CW UI is mostly atrocious. Like literally Hitler. Not as bad as the Mechlab. Can someone please tell the folks at :pgi: to stop optimizing for 1024xdong. Thanks in advance. I can't do that because :effort:

That being said dropship mode has the potential to be fun, aside for the match per hour ratio and the high possibility of turret matches.

And they did make bigger changes to maps back in the days. River City did also receive a big revamp of the upper base etc.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Great Beer posted:

Yeah, don't do that. 12 man or nothing because it will never match you with anyone. Liao is the lowest population group in the IS factions so there's maybe 20 people in the Liao queue that aren't us. Your options as a solo player are too bash your head against the Fair and Balanced clans with 11 other solo pubs, find 11 other goons to shoot Davions with, or gently caress off.

I'm not sure if the other factions have the same turret shooting rate but you could try joining one and finding out. Or keep whining in the thread. Your call.

Like I said, the good design for which they are known!

e: I'm sad nobody invited me to the circlejerk here when it started - presumably when everyone in the thread clapped each other on the back for not backing transverse. Real heroes of the internet, we really showed PGI who's boss lawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Prawned posted:

Like I said, the good design for which they are known!

e: I'm sad nobody invited me to the circlejerk here when it started - presumably when everyone in the thread clapped each other on the back for not backing transverse. Real heroes of the internet, we really showed PGI who's boss lawl.

Suck a diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Thanks.

Fil5000 fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Dec 18, 2014

• Locked thread