Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

HiveCommander posted:

You said nothing about a bet, you merely said you'd toxx yourself if they didn't receive that option

:byewhore:

LOL, I absolutely did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Seriously..

Re-review what makes a battle forged army.

If anyone wants to take me up on the bet that there will be a way to take a battle forged all Jump Pack army for Blood Angels, you're welcome to take that losing bet.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Dec 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Hollismason posted:

If anyone wants to take me up on the bet that there will be a way to take a battle forged all Jump Pack army for Blood Angels, you're welcome to take that losing bet.

Good god are you still going on about this

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Check out that loving Ork, man seriously one of the best conversions.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Sweet zombie jesus I just want to read about little plastic men, not people arguing with an aspie!...................40k, not even once.

But really should I run my blossoming Necrons with stalkers? I love the models but just haven't seen them used much. Is it a case of looks cool and gets exploded or just not efficient enough?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Just comparably to the other things you can take it's not really worth it despite it's twinlinked ability as Tesla statistically hits the same amount regardless of the Twin Linked Ability. They are kick rear end models though and if you play them you won't be at a disadvantage unless you take like 3 of them.

They're not terrible units thought ,but als your twin linking a army that's base BS4. I have like one and I never use it because the point value doesn't match.

Basically, no it's not efficient.

The good thing though is that your going to get to see some kick rear end releases for Necrons over the next couple of weeks with formations a new codex that focus on different Dynasties. The bad news is that your purchase of a 5th edition codex may have been premature.

The 5th edition Necron codex has stood the test of time, so hopefully there won't be to many changes other than the balancing of Tesla weapons, Mind shackle Scarabs, and Night Scythes.

The new Formation adn Detachment are especially just excellent.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Dec 18, 2014

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Guys stop quoting that drugged up ponce and letting him get around my ignore settings.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I quite like the C'tan upgrades.

This is super sweet. Solar Thermasite is nasty. God Shackle + the C'tan formation is pretty funny.
C'mon GW, show me that you can learn from all the bitching and don't disappoint us with the new Newcrons.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I quite like the C'tan upgrades.

Make C'tan useful! Just keep the cryptek in reserve and hope he never comes in. :)

S8 warscythes are amazing.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
That command power looks like some of the Lord characters will go away. That was a big part of what zandrake[sic] did.

But now it gives it to a poo poo ton of models, so that's crazy.

I have to assume they will remove the 2+ armor option for overlords. That reroll 1s item, there is no way, right? I guess armor saves are some of the easier to remove. So maybe that will be an option? 25pt is a lot but that would help small arms fire from killing a T4 unit like wraiths with destroyer Lord 2+ reroll in front.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
I had a minor heart attack on first read of that thinking it referred to Transcendent C'Tans instead of Shards. S10 T10 GC's with FNP and ablative Cryptek wounds would have been a bit scary.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

WhiteOutMouse posted:

That command power looks like some of the Lord characters will go away. That was a big part of what zandrake[sic] did.

But now it gives it to a poo poo ton of models, so that's crazy.

I have to assume they will remove the 2+ armor option for overlords. That reroll 1s item, there is no way, right? I guess armor saves are some of the easier to remove. So maybe that will be an option? 25pt is a lot but that would help small arms fire from killing a T4 unit like wraiths with destroyer Lord 2+ reroll in front.

All or almost all of the characters in the Necron book got a model when the 5th ed codex came out, I can't imagine they'd take them out. Also I really hope they don't take away the 2+ armor option although a 2+ rerollable save would be pretty crazy.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I guess orks got it with lucky stikk. So maybe it is not that crazy. Excited for the new book either way. Not looking forward to the thread though.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

LordAba posted:

Make C'tan useful! Just keep the cryptek in reserve and hope he never comes in. :)

S8 warscythes are amazing.
We found where the all the good relics went, into the Necrons DLC!
Meanwhile Tyranids have the uh... Norn Crown for like 40pts? All 3 of those relics are really good and cost-effective, whereas every other codex release so far has had one halfway decent/good relic and 5 wet farts. Even those Warlord traits are almost all really good, compared to how Tyranids can turn :frogsiren: Citadel Woods :frogsiren: into Dangerous terrain for both players.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I appreciate that those formations don't just seem to be completely overstocked in one unit type - you'd probably be taking those units in a 'standard' force.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Those new things for Necrons are pretty cool. I just hope that all the nice things are not spent here and they will get some nice things in their codex as well.

Also, I do not approve the way the scrunt is spreading.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Also, I do not approve the way the scrunt is spreading.

You take that back right loving now.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I guess orks got it with lucky stikk. So maybe it is not that crazy. Excited for the new book either way. Not looking forward to the thread though.

The first game I used a Lucky Stikk in, my warboss got stabbed in the face by Belial turn 2, before he even got to swing. I never rolled anything, so I never got to re-roll (actually like every single one of my 5 PK Nobs got challenged out and punched in the face before they got to swing). Second game that fucker mulched like an entire squad of Space Wolves though. Love that upgrade.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

adamantium|wang posted:

I feel really sorry for this guy who had his commission finished at the beginning of this month:

oops

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

If he can afford a commissioned army he can afford the DLC & Supplement Tax. He has no room, none at all, to complain, since he can play Unbound anyway.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
What if he got the money to paint that from his dying granny, and has no more money?

What if her last dying breath was "dear.... I want you to get your spacemen painted well.... use this money..."

You heartless bastard

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Then grandma should have been more specific.
Like, "deary, please use this huge pile of money to buy yourself a fukkin hardcore army that will ravage the scrubs. Only the finest plastic pearls will do."

But no she didn't. Bad grandma.

He should have invested in a scrunts army anyway. Those would never go out of style.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

The Necron formations and warlord table are so good, and those relics are real neat too.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

panascope posted:

The Necron formations and warlord table are so good, and those relics are real neat too.

Seriously, I'm already turbo-excited for the new rules. I'm sure it's going to nerf things that rightly need it, but it's looking like we're going to see some awesome new options in return.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

A few months ago I vaguely recall GW or FW coming out with some rad s gently caress marine skull helms, night lords or something. But now I can't find them. Anyone know what I'm on about?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

raverrn posted:

A few months ago I vaguely recall GW or FW coming out with some rad s gently caress marine skull helms, night lords or something. But now I can't find them. Anyone know what I'm on about?

They're from FW and right here.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

All I want for Christmas is for Hollismason to stop posting forever

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Only thing I can think of is maybe these?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

raverrn posted:

I think you're talking about the Night Lords terror squad helmets. I've been using them in my army and they're indeed pretty rad.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Legiones_Astartes/Night_Lords/NIGHT_LORDS_LEGION_TERROR_SQUAD_HEADS.html

Beaten :argh:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I want to pick up a C'Tan shard or two now, are they as flimsy as they look? What powers are best?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

panascope posted:

I want to pick up a C'Tan shard or two now, are they as flimsy as they look? What powers are best?

Feel free to pick them up if you want, but considering those are one of the oldest models and GW has been phasing out (:haw:) Finecast it's likely they'll get a new kit. As far as powers goes, generally the less expensive ones are best right now to just field it cheaply but those powers are going to change very soon and hopefully for the better because they're mostly not good at all right now.

Megaspam
Mar 1, 2007

In this ever changing world in which we live in.
As written, if you're using this formation and you roll a 6 to seize, you have to reroll it. Hopefully we'll get a day 1 FAQ fixing that.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ignite Memories posted:

All I want for Christmas is for Hollismason to stop posting forever
Just pretend I emptyquoted this.
These helmets are so cool, I've thought of picking some up just for regular Chaos Marines. I just wish I had more reasons to just paint masses of regular Chaos Marines, but maybe I'll do Horus Heresy some day and do that sorta thing. I keep saying maybe to it and between a few of you goons, the ICs, and a few guys in my group, it's hard to say no, but maybe once I finish this stormtroopers army I'll get to it. By then it'll probably be Ultramarines or something though since I love blue too much.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Speaking of CSM I just got (read dumped upon) pretty much the entire Chaos side of the DV box and I've got not a drat clue what to do with them. If I should try to sell them or just clip them of the sprues and hide them in a box or something.
I really have no interest in painting Chaos at all so I know I won't really bother with that since I've got plenty of my plate anyway. Trying to convert the cultists to Imperials seems like too much of an effort.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Sell them. It's part of Tzeentch's plan.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Awesome, those are them. Gonna make some rad LotD dudes

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cooked Auto posted:

Speaking of CSM I just got (read dumped upon) pretty much the entire Chaos side of the DV box and I've got not a drat clue what to do with them. If I should try to sell them or just clip them of the sprues and hide them in a box or something.
I really have no interest in painting Chaos at all so I know I won't really bother with that since I've got plenty of my plate anyway. Trying to convert the cultists to Imperials seems like too much of an effort.
Use the cultists as conscripts for your IG, or better yet, use them to start a Necromunda gang!

Besides, you can do some cool conversions if you feel inclined:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
If you're not using these heads for LotD then you're doing the devil's work.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SRM posted:

Use the cultists as conscripts for your IG, or better yet, use them to start a Necromunda gang!

Besides, you can do some cool conversions if you feel inclined:

That guy's a loving badass. Is that yours?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ignite Memories posted:

That guy's a loving badass. Is that yours?
Yep! He's Colonel Vadim, my Valhallan counts-as Straken. I've never actually used him but maybe some day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Megaspam posted:

As written, if you're using this formation and you roll a 6 to seize, you have to reroll it. Hopefully we'll get a day 1 FAQ fixing that.

That's hilarious and I hope someone legimiately forces that during a tournament so we can all hate that person together.

• Locked thread