Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Tables?!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Prawned posted:

Tables?!!

Fixed, thanks helpful prawned!

p.s. please pretend I renamed our G+ group to Prawned's Unironic MWO appreciation station as I can't do it from work

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Fixed, thanks helpful prawned!

p.s. please pretend I renamed our G+ group to Prawned's Unironic MWO appreciation station as I can't do it from work

aka fil's horrific monument to his own self-loathing

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Don't worry fil, I got ya.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Prawned posted:

Don't worry fil, I got ya.

You're a wrong idiot, but it's hard to argue with the quality of your posts.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Oh will you two kiss and make up already. :v:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Mindblast posted:

Oh will you two kiss and make up already. :v:

Not until he gets back in his goddamned atlas.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Not until he gets back in his goddamned atlas.

Somewhere heffay is reading all this and laaaaaaughing

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I think Paul is just trolling, the bar was so low that CW actually having decent gameplay followed up with fast decent patches and actual real gameplay improvements is so unexpected that it's a great lead up to the new ghost heat 2.0 "Paul Revenge". After that they'll just sit for a year doing no work, trolling the forums and thinking up ways to make it all worse.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

AP posted:

I think Paul is just trolling, the bar was so low that CW actually having decent gameplay followed up with fast decent patches and actual real gameplay improvements is so unexpected that it's a great lead up to the new ghost heat 2.0 "Paul Revenge". After that they'll just sit for a year doing no work, trolling the forums and thinking up ways to make it all worse.

If this happens I won't be able to stop myself from applauding.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
So since the bags of poo poo admitted they cobbled this together when transverse turned to be a wet fart, it begs the question.

What the gently caress were they doing for the past year and a half? They made like three maps and some mechs as cashgrabs, but other than that?

I fear the answer is exactly what they're going to do for the next year and a half after their successful undocumented beta release of cw. Nothing.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Random Number posted:

So since the bags of poo poo admitted they cobbled this together when transverse turned to be a wet fart, it begs the question.

What the gently caress were they doing for the past year and a half? They made like three maps and some mechs as cashgrabs, but other than that?

I fear the answer is exactly what they're going to do for the next year and a half after their successful undocumented beta release of cw. Nothing.

I'm going to allow myself hope that this is the beginning of a new trend.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

apostateCourier posted:

If more than 2 people hope that at the same time you trigger ghost hope and Paul Inouye gets a big fat boner.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Random Number posted:

If more than 2 people hope that at the same time you trigger ghost hope and Paul Inouye gets a big fat boner.

Only if you have the same type of hope. If you have mixed hope types it's still ok to hope.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

apostateCourier posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahahahahaha

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Fil5000 posted:

Only if you have the same type of hope. If you have mixed hope types it's still ok to hope.

Yeah hope-2 and hope-4 are okay, but 2x hope-6 isn't.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, buy a $500 clan mech.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

And you know it's just as dumb to continue to insist something is bad just because it was bad once as it is to pretend a thing isn't dumb in the first place? I didn't play for like a year, man, you know this. It's better now, they're not acting like total morons any more because when Transverse crashed and burned with like $10,000 of it's required $500,000, it seemed to wake them up to the mess they'd made of MWO. If you don't want to play because Paul shat in your mouth too many times, that's entirely fair, but pretending the game hasn't improved and isn't fun is just dumb. And you're a dumb. You dumb.

It didn't particularly "wake them up to the mess" so much as it woke them up to the fact that MW:O is the only game they're going to make any type of money on. Whether they keep up what they're doing and make boatloads of money off Battletech nerds or they let the game crash and burn a couple of weeks/months from now as they've been doing the past two years and wonder why they're not making any money then give up on MW:O because it's not making them money anymore.

AP posted:

As I said above it remains to be seen, but PGI has some awful leadership so if it does turn out this way again everyone here should know that and if it happens no one should be surprised. But we've been having a few months of good robit shooting and a bit of CW. There'll be other, better games to play if/when PGI gets bad with the game again.

Edit: They could also only be doing minor work on CW for now so they can build up their reputation and show they can follow through on their promises so they can start up Trannyverse again. :v:

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Dec 18, 2014

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Scoops posted:

There's inter-clanner drama over noble Butte Hold. The two Major League Gaming 12 mans from Jade Falcon, Lords and SJR have been conquering everything they touch to the point where pubbies have decided that they're invincible/unstoppable and its pointless to fight them. They took over butte hold from clan wolf because they wanted to show off that they could have whatever they wanted.

So apparently now before the latest ceasefire clan wolf organized 6 different 12 man teams and rushed the planet over and over before the clock ran out and ghost capped it back, and now both sides are crowing about how great they are and pretty much in open warfare now.

Over Butte Hold.

Clan wolf thread: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/182981-the-butte/
Jade Falcon thread: http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/182970-wolves-now-practicing-burning-out-the-clock/

This is some of the most entertaining stuff on the Brown Sea. I love the mix of butthurt and Clanner RP. God, they take this poo poo so seriously.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Random Number posted:

Isn't it obvious? They were working on Transverse. They were funneling mech money into developing Transverse, so once that crashed and burned (hilariously, I might add) it basically means they wasted all that time. Not joking.

Also glad you're here Prawned! You can take up the torch for me. I think the thread is in good hands.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Random Number posted:

Theorycrafting on what CW might be or UI 2.0 should have been.

Raven 3L build with the LL package feels right still albeit I only had an XL 295 to spare forcing me to adjust my armor load out but as long as I keep moving that should still work out. Are SSRM's not worth using, I can't get the hang of SRM's and don't want to end up not doing much.

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

Iron Tusk posted:

This is some of the most entertaining stuff on the Brown Sea. I love the mix of butthurt and Clanner RP. God, they take this poo poo so seriously.

You always know you're in for a good time when someone starts a post with 'ach' or 'neg' without blinking

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

demonR6 posted:

Are SSRM's not worth using, I can't get the hang of SRM's and don't want to end up not doing much.

IS Streaks are kind of meh since they only come in the 2-pack. The fact that they always hit is nice, but again, you only get two. You could spend an extra ton or so and instead be making GBS threads out six at a time and just have to aim a bit.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Scoops posted:

You always know you're in for a good time when someone starts a post with 'ach' or 'neg' without blinking

AFF, LEAD

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

AFF, LEAD

"We use Dezgra in response to Dezgra." "We're not trolling, just playing Long Range"

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

WarLocke posted:

IS Streaks are kind of meh since they only come in the 2-pack. The fact that they always hit is nice, but again, you only get two. You could spend an extra ton or so and instead be making GBS threads out six at a time and just have to aim a bit.
Clan streaks however..... :awesome:

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

AFF, LEAD

This but ironically

e: guys remember when this game was fun? aaaaah, those sure were the days, two years ago if I recall, when the game was the loving same as it is now except worst in several very material aspects

Prawned fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 18, 2014

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

Prawned posted:

This but ironically

e: guys remember when this game was fun? aaaaah, those sure were the days, two years ago if I recall, when the game was the loving same as it is now except worst in several very material aspects

Yeah. I do. I remember when the graphix were better too.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

demonR6 posted:

Theorycrafting on what CW might be or UI 2.0 should have been.

Raven 3L build with the LL package feels right still albeit I only had an XL 295 to spare forcing me to adjust my armor load out but as long as I keep moving that should still work out. Are SSRM's not worth using, I can't get the hang of SRM's and don't want to end up not doing much.

IS SSRMs are not great. I've had some luck with a SHD-2D2 and four of them, but it's specifically only good for chasing down lights, and even then the TTK (or leg) is variable 'cause you can't aim them.

RVN-3L is really good in CW in the first round on defense. You can poke from hills near the gates, which give you a lot of cover. It's tough for enemies to fire back, and you can really do some damage with repeated two-ER Large alphas. Once the gates come down, you can keep poking until the push starts, in which case you can quickly re-position farther back and pick off open components.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

RiperSnifel posted:

Yeah. I do. I remember when the graphix were better too.

Holy poo poo i actually forgot about that, they hosed up the resolutions and textures too didn't they? Hahaha, and the clan mechs look like they come out of a 5-year-olds rendition of MW3.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Prawned posted:

Holy poo poo i actually forgot about that, they hosed up the resolutions and textures too didn't they? Hahaha, and the clan mechs look like they come out of a 5-year-olds rendition of MW3.

Look at this ugly 2007 poo poo that somehow manages to make your graphics card work like you're playing a game with 2014 graphics

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Townhall Summary

http://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/2pn1fh/townhall_show_notes_1217/

Random smattering of interesting stuff.

Different Planets will have different drop deck tonnage limits.

Solaris is going to be a thing, as is a single player campaign.

Bunch of Optimizations coming in addition to the 64 bit client today.

Working on bringing collisions back in, but that's after the primary CW kinks are worked out.

They're thinking about making the battle windows like 27 hours or something so that as a week goes on each day the prime period rotates to various timezones.

That was all done to make the game work on Core 2 Duo's.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

The decision to optimise a Cryengine game around 1024 resolution and Celeron processors is indeed pretty stupid.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Russ should come play with goons again, like officially, get him on mumble and such.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009

Iron Tusk posted:

Townhall Summary

http://www.reddit.com/r/OutreachHPG/comments/2pn1fh/townhall_show_notes_1217/

Random smattering of interesting stuff.

Different Planets will have different drop deck tonnage limits.

Solaris is going to be a thing, as is a single player campaign.

Bunch of Optimizations coming in addition to the 64 bit client today.

Working on bringing collisions back in, but that's after the primary CW kinks are worked out.

They're thinking about making the battle windows like 27 hours or something so that as a week goes on each day the prime period rotates to various timezones.

That was all done to make the game work on Core 2 Duo's.
:allears:

It can't just be the crash and burn of t-verse that is causing this, holy poo poo. Also a sp campaign is all I ever really wanted.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I can't wait to see what pgi comes up with for ai. If it's anything like the turrets they'll never miss.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
The single player campaign for Mechwarrior will include a bunch of reskinned Transverse assets from that 'cinematic' trailer they put up.

Everyone will praise their resourcefulness.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Plek posted:

:allears:

It can't just be the crash and burn of t-verse that is causing this, holy poo poo. Also a sp campaign is all I ever really wanted.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. They should have more manpower and it's their main source of income.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Isn't it obvious? They were working on Transverse. They were funneling mech money into developing Transverse, so once that crashed and burned (hilariously, I might add) it basically means they wasted all that time. Not joking.

Also glad you're here Prawned! You can take up the torch for me. I think the thread is in good hands.

IIRC Russ let slip that they weren't working on MWO at all months ago during the transversening when he admitted they thought the license was getting pulled and that they were just fleecing BT grogs. Apparently memories are short.

I'm willing to guardedly admit that in spite of themselves they're finally taking tentative steps in the right direction, but it's still dumber than investing in the ruble right now to give PGI money and ghost heat and ui 2.0 have to be taken out back and shot.

WarLocke I'm glad to see that you've turned away from making good posts again, though I'm disappointed that pikachu has let shankerz take the crown of Worst Poster on SA :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

WebDO posted:

WarLocke I'm glad to see that you've turned away from making good posts again

Every post I make is a good one

including this one

• Locked thread