Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well a cursory google search failed to yield Tea Party conniptions about our tax dollars but I'm sure they're out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
US Politics January: Fishmech quoted as saying "I had binders full of corn".

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's the next thing Obama could do by fiat to simultaneously help people and troll republicans. Normalize relations with Cuba, immigration executive order, and declaring carbon a pollutant, I feel like he got all the low hanging fruit. Any other awesome things he would totally have the power to do, and maybe would?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Legalize weed.

Hawkline
May 30, 2002

¡La Raza!

If only the cracks in our democracy could be so easily repaired

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Gravel Gravy posted:

Whisky with a bag of Fritos and you have Christmas in a dive bar.

Fritos are my guilty pleasure because I will eat them uncontrollably and not care at all.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

computer parts posted:

Fritos are my guilty pleasure because I will eat them uncontrollably and not care at all.

Put some Wolf Brand Chili on top of those and I'm down.

Or just chili cheese Fritos.

In actual things, Cruz is on the defensive for causing all those nominees and it's pretty funny.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

zoux posted:

Legalize weed.

Well the crominibus suspended prosecution of those in states where it is legal so that might be bipartisan.

computer parts posted:

A good frito pie is the food of the Gods.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Shifty Pony posted:

Well the crominibus suspended prosecution of those in states where it is legal so that might be bipartisan.

Wasn't that just for medical only?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ReidRansom posted:

Put some Wolf Brand Chili on top of those and I'm down.

Or just chili cheese Fritos.

In actual things, Cruz is on the defensive for causing all those nominees and it's pretty funny.

Frito's, cheap canned chili, and cheese is called a haystack. Shits delicious.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DemeaninDemon posted:

Frito's, cheap canned chili, and cheese is called a haystack. Shits delicious.

Delicious I wont argue, but I'm afraid that contruction is called

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

greatn posted:

What's the next thing Obama could do by fiat to simultaneously help people and troll republicans. Normalize relations with Cuba, immigration executive order, and declaring carbon a pollutant, I feel like he got all the low hanging fruit. Any other awesome things he would totally have the power to do, and maybe would?

Really use the amnesty power for once. Right now he has the lowest of the past few Presidents at least.

Use financial settlement money to fund R&D? Infrastructure?

EDIT: Don't think he can do it, but reclassify certain intoxicants? Agencies are in charge of scheduling I think, but doesn't Congress have a say as well?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ReidRansom posted:

Delicious I wont argue, but I'm afraid that contruction is called

Bitch I'll cut you with a cut up pop/soda can.

Another tasty one is baked potato covered in chili/cheese. Mmmmm yeah taste those carbohydrates.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shageletic posted:

EDIT: Don't think he can do it, but reclassify certain intoxicants? Agencies are in charge of scheduling I think, but doesn't Congress have a say as well?

Yes, Congress passed a law saying that marijuana is schedule I and I don't think they gave the president unilateral authority to change scheduling.

e: There are also treaties passed which prohibit drugs similar to our scheduling system.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Dec 18, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

DemeaninDemon posted:

Another tasty one is baked potato covered in chili/cheese. Mmmmm yeah taste those carbohydrates.

Some common ground. A Yule miracle! Let's just not go trying to assign it a name.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

uncurable mlady posted:

We cannot allow a fishmech gap.

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw fishmech forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

zoux posted:

Legalize weed.

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Fried Chicken posted:

zoux posted:

Legalize weed.

But only in Andy Harris' district.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
I think one of my favorite things about New Pope is listening to all these conservative Christians rant about how the Church is not qualified to make political and economic judgements and statements.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

kelvron posted:

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw fishmech forever. We begin bombing in five minutes.

I can't tell if you're contributing to the conversation about fishmech or the one about the best thing Obama could do.

Either way, I hope the mods use this for his next probation/ban

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

I think one of my favorite things about New Pope is listening to all these conservative Catholics rant about how the Church is not qualified to make political and economic judgements and statements.

...that they don't like, that is.

The whole anti-Francis argument basically sounds like "ACTIVIST POPES :bahgawd:"

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Why the gently caress should they even care? Evangelical assholes aren't even catholic.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

I think one of my favorite things about New Pope is listening to all these conservative Christians rant about how the Church is not qualified to make political and economic judgements and statements.

And then go on to argue that the establishment clause means only that government can't interfere in religion and that religion is still free to dictate its will to government.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

Why the gently caress should they even care? Evangelical assholes aren't even catholic.

Let's talk about the 30 Years War.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Oh right the modern evangelicals sole purpose in life is to shove their bastardized version of Christianity into everyone's face. Then see how many pocket bibles fit in the vag/uterus.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Al pastor huaraches, pork tamales, and pozole alone justify corn's existence.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

blackmongoose posted:

I can't tell if you're contributing to the conversation about fishmech or the one about the best thing Obama could do.

Either way, I hope the mods use this for his next probation/ban

The :fishmech: over corn was the funniest thing I've read in a while. I'm just glad I had an opportunity to add to this thread for once.

Bad agricultural practices do bad things and have negative impacts on the environment in all senses of that word. Corn is a agricultural product that can be involved in bad practices. It's the bad practices associated with some modern corn agriculture that people can point to as being unsustainable, not the corn itself. At the same time, thinking that when people say 'corn' they only mean the plant and not the production and consumption of it as well is a bad assumption.

I guess you can say I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of the cornfield.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
The fact that much of US corn is used as animal feed should justify it enough, unless you're a vegan. But given that nobody has posted about how they're vegan and how awesome it is, and that I'm surrounded by goons, I'm assuming none of you are vegan.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I remember seeing somewhere about how being vegan is really easy and you can totally get a complete variety of amino acids. Except, at the concentrations in the article, one would consume like a pound of each plant. Mmmmmm pound o raw leafy green.

Vegan confuses me so much.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Amergin posted:

The fact that much of US corn is used as animal feed should justify it enough, unless you're a vegan. But given that nobody has posted about how they're vegan and how awesome it is, and that I'm surrounded by goons, I'm assuming none of you are vegan.

Corn shouldn't be used as animal feed as much as it is actually :colbert: Omnivore's Dilemma etc etc etc but seriously grassfed cattle produce much better beef and dairy

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

DemeaninDemon posted:

Oh right the modern evangelicals sole purpose in life is to shove their bastardized version of Christianity into everyone's face. Then see how many pocket bibles fit in the vag/uterus.

And their dominance of the media and cultural narrative has made conservative Catholics a lot less Catholic, generally preferring the Church of Fox's doctrine over the Vatican.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
There is a "Peak" agriculture thing but I don't think its corn specific, there's a notion that even with fertilizers we're heading for a inevitable dust bowl crash as we drain the remaining nutrients from the soil faster than we can put it back in and that is unsustainable.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Joementum posted:

And now, John Boehner with a corny Christmas poem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx8-vbPqkUM

He sounded borderline sober...

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

DemeaninDemon posted:

I remember seeing somewhere about how being vegan is really easy and you can totally get a complete variety of amino acids. Except, at the concentrations in the article, one would consume like a pound of each plant. Mmmmmm pound o raw leafy green.

Vegan confuses me so much.

No, not really. Legumes provide complete proteins. Just eat some beans and you're good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWFoJmfYGhk

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Raenir Salazar posted:

There is a "Peak" agriculture thing but I don't think its corn specific, there's a notion that even with fertilizers we're heading for a inevitable dust bowl crash as we drain the remaining nutrients from the soil faster than we can put it back in and that is unsustainable.

As mentioned before, peak phosphorus has been hypothesized. Our phosphorus is mineral derived and the mines are running out.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Radbot posted:

No, not really. Legumes provide complete proteins. Just eat some beans and you're good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWFoJmfYGhk

Na it was totally "hey eat this pound of kale!" Suppose pound o beans would work too. Must have some pretty impressive bowel action.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

kelvron posted:

I propose legislation to empower law enforcement to combat fishmech and the other members of the axis of shitposting.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Na it was totally "hey eat this pound of kale!" Suppose pound o beans would work too. Must have some pretty impressive bowel action.

I can't believe I'm arguing about this as an avowed meat eater, but you're wrong. Get your RDA of protein from complete sources and you're good.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

DemeaninDemon posted:

The U.S. Council of Bishops and people like Cardinal Dolan are catholic though, so they very much care.

Honestly the internal politics of the Holy See could cover its own thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

weed sucks, legalize amphetamines instead

• Locked thread