Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

DrBouvenstein posted:

Do Moto phones have the option to configure voice commands to send the text via my Google Voice account?

It annoys me to no end that Google Now will ONLY send it via my "regular" phone number, which I never use.

This is incredibly obnoxious to me too. It makes replying to a text with Android Wear useless because it always gets sent from the wrong number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

DrBouvenstein posted:

Do Moto phones have the option to configure voice commands to send the text via my Google Voice account?

It annoys me to no end that Google Now will ONLY send it via my "regular" phone number, which I never use.

No, its stupid and terrible.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Thermopyle posted:

No, its stupid and terrible.

I wish there was a way to send hangouts message with the moto voice thing, since the majority of people I talk to online use it.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adelavoice.android

This app can do that (listen to texts handsfree i mean), even update your facebook and twitter handsfree. I used to have it on my old phone.

It's called StartTalking.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adelavoice.android

This app can do that (listen to texts handsfree i mean), even update your facebook and twitter handsfree. I used to have it on my old phone.

It's called StartTalking.

Link seems broken?

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Has Google now gotten rid of the parking tracking feature? It hasn't shown up in a long time

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Mine shows up daily, but only when I park at work 10 feet in front of the main entrance.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

dik-dik posted:

Link seems broken?

Apparently it's been removed from the Play Store. Shame, that app was pretty great.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Speaking of Google Now, how do you tell it where home is? I just moved and it has a permanent card telling me I'm X minutes from my previous apartment. I can't find any obvious way to tell it where my new home is.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Taffer posted:

Speaking of Google Now, how do you tell it where home is? I just moved and it has a permanent card telling me I'm X minutes from my previous apartment. I can't find any obvious way to tell it where my new home is.
Google Now -> menu -> Customise -> Places

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003

dik-dik posted:

Has Google now gotten rid of the parking tracking feature? It hasn't shown up in a long time

Mine shows up occasionally, but more often than not, a few blocks away.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

dik-dik posted:

It seems to come and go for me, and honestly never seems that accurate.

bryn987
May 31, 2014

Tunga posted:

Google Now -> menu -> Customise -> Places

My house is too knew and it won't let me put in street numbers, lol. Closest I can get is down teh street so it screws up my smart lock

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Is it supposed to be that Hangouts is immune to all notification changes??

It rarely turns the sound off if you do it in the settings, it completely ignores the no interruptions feature in Lollipop, and the only way to fix it all is to turn off notifications for the app in Settings.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I do not have that issue at all.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

bull3964 posted:

I do not have that issue at all.

Apparently the vibration sticking for every text message even while in a call is also an issue too. People have been complaining about that for a while but nothing has been fixed

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Me either but hangouts has been such a cluster gently caress I'm not surprised when it does something goofy for random people.

Malkar
Aug 19, 2010

Taste the cloud

Malkar posted:

Anyone else using SwiftKey on Lollipop and having an issue where randomly flow stops working unitl you send a message or toggle keyboards? It's happening fairly regularly. I kind of assumed/hoped it was just a Nexus 5 bug, but now it's happening on my brand new Moto X ever since it updated last night.

I posted this two weeks ago, and I'm still having the issue. Am I going crazy? Is anyone else having it? I've had it on both a new Moto X and my old Nexus 5.

Alternatively, does anyone know if it's possible to have Swype work in the same layout as Swiftkey? I tried to switch once, but the layout of the keys was the one thing that stopped me from moving over. Specifically punctuation, if I remember.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

bull3964 posted:

This is why you buy motorola phones.

Also unlike Windows Phones I don't have to keep yelling "reply!" or "ignore!" and have it keep asking me to repeat myself.

vvvv - I have it :confused:

monster on a stick fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 18, 2014

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

The only problem with my Motorola is that they removed the quick disable of driving mode from the notification shade. So now my phone constantly talks about incoming texts while I am on the bus.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
I'm not on Lollipop, but my Hangouts is a little screwy as well. When I use the volume rocker to change my ringtone (usually between vibrate all and silent), it treats the opened Hangouts app like I'm in a phone call; it brings up the "in-call volume" slider. It can be in a hangouts message or at the main Hangouts screen. I have to back out to homescreen to change volume. I don't have a Hangouts dialer installed, so I don't know why it's doing this.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Wadjamaloo posted:

The only problem with my Motorola is that they removed the quick disable of driving mode from the notification shade. So now my phone constantly talks about incoming texts while I am on the bus.

Psst... make sure the notification isn't collapsed.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
My old HTC Desire had an option to mute the ringtone/alarm when I picked up the phone. Is this a feature in stock Android or CM? I haven't been able to find anywhere so far. If not, any way to hack that back in?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got a Samsung Galaxy S5 this week. I am upgrading from a 2013 Moto X. The only thing I miss about my Moto X is the active display. I wish I could get that on the S5. I've tried the app AcDisplay, but that doesn't seem to work well, it's inconsistent in what it will actually display.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Took around a week, but it seems Google Play Music has sorted itself out. Thanks guys!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

bull3964 posted:

Psst... make sure the notification isn't collapsed.
The notification is still there, it just doesn't have the "I'm not driving" thing anymore. Not sure what you mean by collapsed. If I click on the notification it just launches assist.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wadjamaloo posted:

The notification is still there, it just doesn't have the "I'm not driving" thing anymore. Not sure what you mean by collapsed. If I click on the notification it just launches assist.
Drag down on it to expand.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
I need an app or some other way to pull SMS conversations off my phone and in to a common format. Is there anything that'll do this?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Grem posted:

I need an app or some other way to pull SMS conversations off my phone and in to a common format. Is there anything that'll do this?

SMS Backup+ will back them up to a Gmail label.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Grem posted:

Google Voice and a time machine. Other than that, I'm not sure about anything that will put it in a common format. I think there used to be things that would allow you to back them up and import to a new phone but I think they use proprietary formats assuming they even still exist.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Tunga posted:

Drag down on it to expand.
Thanks. I never had to do that before.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Wadjamaloo posted:

Thanks. I never had to do that before.

I believe android expands the top notification and collapses any under it. Do you have some sort of persistent notification that's always at the top?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Can someone point out to me what music player is used in this "theme"? I'm assuming those aren't the player's default icons, but are as a result of the icon set that's mentioned. I have a Oneplus One, and the only music player that came with it is Google Play Music. It looks rather... bad by default, and I don't think it can be customized to be prettier. The description says Zooper Pro was used for the music player, but I can't find any "built-in" music player in Zooper Pro.

http://www.customspsd.com/grey-sky-android-homescreen-android-customizations/

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
I use Stopwatch and Timer+ regularly, but recently it's lost audible alarms. The device still vibrates but beyond that no sound. Weird thing is it's behaving the same way on my tablet as it is my phone.
Has anyone else had this happen?
Am I an idiot and am overlooking something?

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

General_Failure posted:

I use Stopwatch and Timer+ regularly, but recently it's lost audible alarms. The device still vibrates but beyond that no sound. Weird thing is it's behaving the same way on my tablet as it is my phone.
Has anyone else had this happen?
Am I an idiot and am overlooking something?
After upgrading to Lollipop I had to stop using Gentle Alarm as the volume was so low, I didn't hear it at all, even after trying to reset all volume settings. Now I just use the standard watch app :(
Not an answer you can use, but it might be the same problem both apps are facing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Dancer posted:

Can someone point out to me what music player is used in this "theme"? I'm assuming those aren't the player's default icons, but are as a result of the icon set that's mentioned. I have a Oneplus One, and the only music player that came with it is Google Play Music. It looks rather... bad by default, and I don't think it can be customized to be prettier. The description says Zooper Pro was used for the music player, but I can't find any "built-in" music player in Zooper Pro.

http://www.customspsd.com/grey-sky-android-homescreen-android-customizations/

Doesn't Zooper allow like custom widgets? All that probably is, is a custom widget attached to Google Play Music/Shuttle+/Poweramp etc.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Fart of Presto posted:

After upgrading to Lollipop I had to stop using Gentle Alarm as the volume was so low, I didn't hear it at all, even after trying to reset all volume settings. Now I just use the standard watch app :(
Not an answer you can use, but it might be the same problem both apps are facing.

Same problem with Timely. Lollipop hosed up a lot of things.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Fuckin' Google Now. For weeks it's been ignoring tracking numbers. So I finally get that Deliveries app and pony up my google credit for the pro version. Get it all set up. Couple hours later, I open Now. Well guess what decided to start tracking packages again.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Manky posted:

Fuckin' Google Now. For weeks it's been ignoring tracking numbers. So I finally get that Deliveries app and pony up my google credit for the pro version. Get it all set up. Couple hours later, I open Now. Well guess what decided to start tracking packages again.

Don't worry, your tracked packages will just vanish from Google Now again and you'll be thankful you bought something that actually works properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Don't worry, your tracked packages will just vanish from Google Now again and you'll be thankful you bought something that actually works properly.

I'd be willing to bet money that you're right - just under $2, to be specific. :downsrim:

Deliveries Package Tracker is actually a really good app and worth the money to remove the ads and gain "pro" features (like online syncing).

• Locked thread