Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I think it's a 100 point increase which isn't real much.

So you are stuck getting system hacked after two points if they still run Hardline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
How do I unlock this sweet Exo ability?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4srz_Shz2w

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Is there any magic solution to make the PS4 version of this game recognize that I have a Moderate NAT and not a Strict NAT? I've tried static IPs, DMZ, port forwarding, everything. And the system software says I have Type 2 (Moderate).

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Patch Notes posted:

In-Game Updates:

Fixed unlocking issues with the AE4 for Digital Edition owners that own Season Pass.
Matchmaking improvements.
Connectivity improvements.
Removed skull HUD element from System Hack Scorestreak UI effect.
Adjusted the score value the System Hack Scorestreak.
Increased the timing between kills to count Multikills.
Addressed rare issue where CTF flag was not being returned immediately.
Fixed rare crash issue when switching profiles.
Adjusted the time limit expiration for Red Baron gear after challenge has been completed.
Fixed various out of map exploits.

Security and Anti-Cheat Updates:

Updated Security features.

UI Updates:

Updated base AE4 icon as it was displaying the AE4 Widowmaker weapon.
Updated Playlist Menu.
Fixed issues with localization copy in the in-game store.
Updated sorting of Character Gear within Customization menu.

Challenge Updates:

Added new Supply Drop Daily Challenges.

Clan Updates:

Fixed an issue where Clan Wars Bonus XP was not being awarded.

Plus Ranked play stuff

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
The system hack changes seem good to me, no more red skull! A vanilla system hack probably isn't worth running now though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Increased the timing between kills to count Multikills.

Minor gripe but this was a complaint of mine. Seems they're actually addressing real player complaints at least (besides the netcode, heh)

Overall a solid patch imo. Wonder if anything helps the intermittent hardlocks. I haven't hardlocked for a while but I did the other day and immediately stopped mashing buttons and it recovered within 5 seconds which was new

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I hardlocked last night. Same thing, only lasted a few seconds before it recovered. Of course, that was still enough time for me to get spawnkilled :mad:

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
The score increase for System Hack seems a little low, though with the removal of the big rear end skull (which honestly is the part that bothered me more than anything), I'll wait til I play some post-update to judge. I really like that overall, they seem to have a good handle on how to support AW moving forward. If every update is as solid as this, I'll be quite happy.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

ZentraediElite posted:

Probably the last one for a while...

9A7RZ 9Z99L

What are these and how do I use them?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

What are these and how do I use them?

They're the redeemable codes that come with special packs of Mountain Dew and Doritos. You can redeem them here for a chance to win special customisation items or double XP, I think you also get entered into a raffle for a chance to win an Xbox One.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES
BandofBroners here - in terms of this game dying quick, for me it was Destiny and Far Cry 4 that sucked me away...both are awesome, and I'm still pretty active with Destiny. I plan to get more into AW though. Maybe the holidays will bring glorious Xmas newbs.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Don't forget that hackers are going to take down xbox live on christmas! As if the sheer press of a million pre-teens downloading video games isn't going to do that on its own.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sdoots posted:

The score increase for System Hack seems a little low, though with the removal of the big rear end skull (which honestly is the part that bothered me more than anything), I'll wait til I play some post-update to judge. I really like that overall, they seem to have a good handle on how to support AW moving forward. If every update is as solid as this, I'll be quite happy.

As someone else suggested I'd be fine with one and done. Maybe lower the costs a bit and once you die it refreshes?

SubponticatePoster posted:

I hardlocked last night. Same thing, only lasted a few seconds before it recovered. Of course, that was still enough time for me to get spawnkilled :mad:

Yeah that was the first time it's ever recovered. I've hardlocked at least 5 times where I had to force close the app. So maybe they did tweak something.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I feel like they should now alter Hardwired so that you can still call in your streaks while the enemy has a System Hack activated. After that, I will have no complaints about System Hack.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Like I said before it wasn't a big deal and if you knew they'd start cycling that poo poo you'd just switch to your hardwired class. But if you only have a group of 2-3 the rest of the pubbies won't bother and feed them kills to get even more system hacks, warbirds, etc. A vicious cycle

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Pc got the update as well, and the locked down XMG may now be the most powerful thing in the game. It goes laser accurate, and doesn't seem to lose any of that with rapid fire attached to it. Been swatting pubs out the sky with no trouble from the other side of the map on greenband.
I'd been grinding it before the patch and not doing great with it and now I'm topping the scorechart every time.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Are you in the top 3? Actually was trying to play some Uplink last night for nodes and the other team were all running those and camping both their goal and ours. It wasn't loving pretty.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

SubponticatePoster posted:

Are you in the top 3? Actually was trying to play some Uplink last night for nodes and the other team were all running those and camping both their goal and ours. It wasn't loving pretty.

We played some Uplink earlier and it also was not very pretty and it got even uglier when they called in a Paladin and a Warbird (I think that's what it's called).

I also learned that the Stealth Bomber is not a good streak to use in Hardcore Domination.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

bombing run is good in regular dom and I wish they'd nerf it

"incoming enemy bombing run"

*Runs deep into building, waits 5 seconds, dies anyways*

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Christoff posted:

bombing run is good in regular dom and I wish they'd nerf it

"incoming enemy bombing run"

*Runs deep into building, waits 5 seconds, dies anyways*

Man you are really bad at dodging those then.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I still get the Can't Connect To Online Services bug on PC. Any fix? Even spamming it doesn't work.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
I have no idea what these even do but I heard this thread likes them

BRHRP M79A9
EBSWZ K67VZ
7NZSF VE9SN
LA3BV X7NBA
6BKXZ PL7YY

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

OneEightHundred posted:

I have no idea what these even do but I heard this thread likes them

Taken. Thanks, brother, I could use the double XP; about to prestige.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

BOYS clan wars update:

We currently hold Uplink, Hardpoint, HC Dom and Kill Confirmed. We've lost core Dom, and are 5 wins behind XSGX, who are going for it. Other clans have TDM and HCTDM, and XSGX is about to take HC Search.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

How does this work again and how long is it going on for?

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Bummer that we couldn't get that Dom node. I don't like Instinct at all. You are at such a disadvantage on A flag.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Christoff posted:

How does this work again and how long is it going on for?

According to the app we ave three and a half more days to fight for controlling nodes.

As for how it works, my understanding is each win a clan member earns for a given mode gives the clan as a whole a win for that mode's node. A party of 6 winning a dom match gives BOYS six wins towards capturing the dom node.

I don't know for sure how capturing a node another clan holds works. Right now it says we have 22 dom wins, and SinistirGaming has 22 dom wins, but SG has the node and we don't. It also looks like it's saying we need 26 wins to take it. I could be misinterpreting this clusterfuck of an app though.

Also when your clan holds a node, clan members get bonus exp in that mode. So we get like 25% bonus EXP in KC or something, etc.

I unfortunately will be out for the rest of this clan war. Family holiday event is happening across the state and I'm not trucking my xbox all the way out there just so I can hook it up on their super lovely rural DSL and get awful connections for four losing games.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ah ok so even solo helps. Thanks for the explanation

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

Nighthand posted:

According to the app we ave three and a half more days to fight for controlling nodes.

As for how it works, my understanding is each win a clan member earns for a given mode gives the clan as a whole a win for that mode's node. A party of 6 winning a dom match gives BOYS six wins towards capturing the dom node.

I don't know for sure how capturing a node another clan holds works. Right now it says we have 22 dom wins, and SinistirGaming has 22 dom wins, but SG has the node and we don't. It also looks like it's saying we need 26 wins to take it. I could be misinterpreting this clusterfuck of an app though.

Also when your clan holds a node, clan members get bonus exp in that mode. So we get like 25% bonus EXP in KC or something, etc.

I unfortunately will be out for the rest of this clan war. Family holiday event is happening across the state and I'm not trucking my xbox all the way out there just so I can hook it up on their super lovely rural DSL and get awful connections for four losing games.

If they kept it the same as ghosts, we take a node with x amount of wins. Then another team gets x amount of wins to kick us off. We have to get 26 more wins to take back the node. Right?

And I think that any wins we get while we have the node count toward the recapture of the node.

And if an enemy team is trying to capture the node, any wins from opposing teams count as defends from the current holders. And not as wins for their team? Though I'm pretty sure I'm Wrong about this last bit. It might count as both.

Quabzor fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 19, 2014

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
we had good games last night...

Apologies for sounding "bitchy"... I was kinda half joking but didn't realize I was coming across as annoying. For the time being though while I wait for goon groups im going to plug away at the Hardcore SnD node.. cause... well.. i loving hate myself. :shrug:

Also, Uplink. What the gently caress is the strategy with that game mode? cause it seems that everything I do in that mode is wrong. I was used to running in Blitz, but that was as simple as get a body across the map without dying and slide into the portal. Introducing a throwable object changes the gameplay strategy into some poo poo that im not used to doing and I end up not being an effective helper for the team.

*edit: oh poo poo.. didnt realize we lost the Dom node.. welp.

Fatty_McLumpkin fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 19, 2014

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

Also, Uplink. What the gently caress is the strategy with that game mode? cause it seems that everything I do in that mode is wrong. I was used to running in Blitz, but that was as simple as get a body across the map without dying and slide into the portal. Introducing a throwable object changes the gameplay strategy into some poo poo that im not used to doing and I end up not being an effective helper for the team.

I don't know, man. You scored a bunch on that Terrace match, which is pretty drat helpful. The whole "clear the ball by chucking it down into the sea" is kinda bullshit on that map.

Carrier armor and the remote score do make defense a chunk harder. I think the most important fight to win might be "camping the sat respawn point."

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

:siren: Exo Zombies! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4foORFZxuk

tjones
May 13, 2005
Uplink is a really good game mode, and I think it was smart of SH to add it to this years iteration. I don't believe it would be any fun without the exo movement.

I do think they should add an arc like travel and max distance limit to the pass mechanic so you can't rocket the ball directly to a team mate all the way across the map. If you position your team intelligently on certain maps you can get an overpowered rhythm going of grab respawn satellite, pass to someone near uplink, throw it in, rinse repeat.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

It's fun but sometimes if you have a team of goons the games are too fast. Not worth dealing with all that loading and new lobbies constantly

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

tjones posted:

Uplink is a really good game mode, and I think it was smart of SH to add it to this years iteration. I don't believe it would be any fun without the exo movement.

I do think they should add an arc like travel and max distance limit to the pass mechanic so you can't rocket the ball directly to a team mate all the way across the map. If you position your team intelligently on certain maps you can get an overpowered rhythm going of grab respawn satellite, pass to someone near uplink, throw it in, rinse repeat.

so im beginning to think...

Add extended battery, add hover, then have teammates sit there and camp the respawn and just cherry pick all day long.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

tjones posted:

pass to someone near uplink, throw it in

im sorry but if this album cover doesn't encapsulate your entire mentality when playing uplink then i dont want you on my team

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

im sorry but if this album cover doesn't encapsulate your entire mentality when playing uplink then i dont want you on my team

jesus loving christ thats beautiful.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Wazzit posted:

Bummer that we couldn't get that Dom node. I don't like Instinct at all. You are at such a disadvantage on A flag.

I tried playing Dom by myself last night - I had a game where I was like 38/19 with 11 caps - next highest teammate was 3 caps, lost by 10

*sigh*

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

i am on if anyone has a group they wanna start (yes i know im kinda early..)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I'm out of commission until the end of the month but once I get back to Portland I'll actually log in and play

• Locked thread