Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

I think the good guys are going to win

That's pretty naive and dumb. You are gonna be so surprised when you're 100% wrong and Kuvira stands victorious atop their corpses unconscious bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They better pack some parachutes.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

CeallaSo posted:

their corpses unconscious "taken down" bodies.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Kuvira wins. In the epilogue we get a scene with the next Avatar being carefully trained as a loyal Earth Empire citizen.

ImpAtom posted:

Considering that the only Avatar finales not to involve a Deus Ex Machina involved the Avatar being temporarily killed? Probably.

Korra Book 3 didn't have a Deus ex Machina either.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Sharmat posted:

Kuvira wins. In the epilogue we get a scene with the next Avatar being carefully trained as a loyal Earth Empire citizen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq8VepzrQ-M

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Wow that is depressing.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

All hail the Great Uniter.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

enraged_camel posted:

Weakness discovered. As far as I remember, the domes aren't made of platinum, which means metalbenders can bend the gently caress out of that robot.

If that Rock Titan from the Disney Hercules movie charged at you I don't think any Earthbender including Toph could bend it; mass has a lot to do with how well you can bend something.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Y'know I kind of want the next big Avatar thing to just be a Jade Empire style RPG now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

Korra Book 3 didn't have a Deus ex Machina either.

Korra Book 3 also featured the Avatar being inches from killed so...

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Book 3 is pretty amazing (especially the finale) and will be the book I rewatch over and over.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Bending out all the little non platinum parts (like the doohickey Kuvira took from Zhu Li) from the mecha to shut it down shouldn't be too hard.

edit: oops double post

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

hiddenriverninja posted:

Book 3 is pretty amazing (especially the finale) and will be the book I rewatch over and over.

I think Korra Book 3 is basically the best thing in the entire franchise. If this finale ends up blowing me away I might change my mind though.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Bending out all the little non platinum parts (like the doohickey Kuvira took from Zhu Li) from the mecha to shut it down shouldn't be too hard.

edit: oops double post

I think most of the mech is not platinum, since it appears to be moved by metal bending and a big hunk of it is made out of Zhao Fu's domes.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I thought Beginnings was one of the best parts of the whole franchise.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Those episodes were really well constructed but they do have some thematic issues that are never really addressed. I never cared about the Eastern Mysticism part of the series that much anyway though so it didn't bother me.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Korra is killed by Kuvira but is revived after a kiss from Asami.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Korra accepts herself as the Avatar. We then cut to a scene where she strangles Asami on a beach.

Mako's giant head quietly rots on the horizon.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mako has too little personality for that role.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
A big part of Rei's personality is that she was never allowed to develop an actual personality, actually.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

The Sharmat posted:

Y'know I kind of want the next big Avatar thing to just be a Jade Empire style RPG now.

If that's what it takes to get another Jade Empire game, I would support it unquestioningly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

A big part of Rei's personality is that she was never allowed to develop an actual personality, actually.

I'm aware.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Mraagvpeine posted:

You think there will be a Deus ex Machina in the finale?

I hope so, Avatar State Korra controlling a gently caress off giant robot would be pretty rad.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

The Sharmat posted:

That's the joke. :)

Also, I hope to all hell that the giant mech is dismantled quickly. I have absolutely zero interest in the mech being the final showdown.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

A lot of things are starting to click about your opinions on Avatar

E: what are the chances we get a bait and switch for the finale where the final thing Korra defeats is a spirit possessing Kuvira, Vaatu, zombie Ozai or the like?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

TheKingofSprings posted:

A lot of things are starting to click about your opinions on Avatar
I've only seen Evangelion once, sue me.

TheKingofSprings posted:

E: what are the chances we get a bait and switch for the finale where the final thing Korra defeats is a spirit possessing Kuvira, Vaatu, zombie Ozai or the like?
The final boss is Koh then, is what you're saying.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

The Sharmat posted:

That would set up an awesome sequel series at least, where an Avatar who has been trained in imperial all his/her life connects with others outside the regime and begins to question the role of avatar, empire, etc., leading to a rebellion.

Which LoK could've been too, but that would've involved throwing Aang's children under the bus and other things that were never going to happen. Ah well, what could've been.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

The Sharmat posted:

Korra accepts herself as the Avatar. We then cut to a scene where she strangles Asami on a beach.

Mako's giant head quietly rots on the horizon.

What is this referring to?

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
End of Evangelion.

It's pretty trippy.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

ImpAtom posted:

Korra Book 3 also featured the Avatar being inches from killed so...
So did book 2, but the fairy queen saved Bolin.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
For those who have Nicktoons Network but not an HDMI cable, you will be able to watch the last four episodes of Korra on your TV at 9 pm tomorrow.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 19, 2014

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm guessing that it won't get a midnight release at Nick.com, right?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

gmq posted:

I'm guessing that it won't get a midnight release at Nick.com, right?

It is tonight.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Aces High posted:

What is this referring to?

The end of Evangalion had that happen in it pretty much, Just going to link to the images due to derailing and :nws: reasons:
http://imgur.com/a/GeM6r

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Regalingualius posted:

It is tonight.

Midnight PST or EST?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

ETB posted:

Midnight PST or EST?

Midnight EST, so 9 PM for us.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Midnight EST, so 9 PM for us.

Welp, time for a finale drinking game tonight! :toot:

Take a shot when deus ex machina occurs.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've obtained exclusive footage of the ending.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I know it's partially my fault, but we should really change the thread title to Legend of Korra Book 4.44: This is (Not) Evangelion

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Well, it's been a good run, you guys!! :tipshat:

I'll be joining you all for watching the End of Tenzingelion 4.44: You Are (Not) Balanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbkJvwA44ks

• Locked thread