Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TimeServ
Nov 26, 2006
Can't wait to see PewDiePie play this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Eye of Widesauron posted:

It would probably still suck since the gameplay footage looks absymal thus far.

Regardless, I was talking about the response to the content itself. Personally I think it would overall be more negative, the people already condemning the game would still condemn it and at least some of the people defending it would be against it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Endorph posted:

i agree, people on twitter going 'this game is stupid' are an orgy of violence waiting to happen
If you jumped to conclusions any harder I think the pavement would crack. :doh:

Saying the game is stupid is obviously fine. An Internet lynch mob that starts doing dumb poo poo ala Gamergate is not so much. Yes, it's up to you as a mature human to understand the distinction and make that choice for yourself. I'm sorry if I'm being too reasonable for your taste.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Oxyclean posted:

So what exactly is the difference between this lovely game and the 100s of other lovely/barely functional/dumb games to make it though greenlight in the past year?

Is it just that this one is trying extra hard to be ultraviolent and edgy?

there isn't

everyone is up in arms on one side or another over what looks to be a lovely dumb game by bad devs (who are probably also bad people) and its not even worth it

nobody will remember this game a month after release

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TimeServ posted:

e...pic

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

TimeServ posted:

This but for reals.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TimeServ posted:

Is there a critical mass of 'edgy' that would cause the collapse of the universe? Cause I think that would just about do it.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
nobody will remember this game, except for the literal murderers who literally go out and murder because this game literally legitimizes murderrrrrrrrrfart

I do gotta say brain splatter physics have really gotten better in the last few years. Remember when SoF physics just took off a side of their face?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

nobody will remember this game, except for the literal murderers who literally go out and murder because this game literally legitimizes murderrrrrrrrrfart

I do gotta say brain splatter physics have really gotten better in the last few years. Remember when SoF physics just took off a side of their face?

check out Killing Floor 2 gibs

its loving hot

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
The only thing that looks cool in this is environmental destruction so hopefully another game has that

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

THE PENETRATOR posted:

The only thing that looks cool in this is environmental destruction so hopefully another game has that

have you heard of Battlefield 4 featuring Levelution TM?

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

THE PENETRATOR posted:

I bet it's all scripted.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

cat doter posted:

have you heard of Battlefield 4 featuring Levelution TM?

closeted republican posted:

I bet it's all scripted.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
I remember when this game was banned in at least two countries

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
real answer: battlefield bad company 2, that poo poo owns, puttin c4 on the building supports and crushing people with buildings while running around in a ghillie suit

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

cat doter posted:

real answer: battlefield bad company 2, that poo poo owns, puttin c4 on the building supports and crushing people with buildings while running around in a ghillie suit

I truly, truly miss that game. The only thing broken about it was the spawn points.

I used a remote helicopter to missile strike a nearly busted house and managed to kill an entire squad :unsmith:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

I remember when this game was banned in at least two countries

More games need to let enemies do the Chaingun Cha-Cha when you unload an automatic weapon into them.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Hi, I'm Jim Hatred and this is my game, Hatred.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Censorship is really cool and good. Glad to see young people demanding more of it.

bigass jncos
Dec 3, 2007

Ridin' on a Mershaq back.
If I don't like the bad game, then I'm a good person. If anyone says they don't care then they are MRAs who would m'lady the first babe they see at DragonCon.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

circ dick soleil posted:

Censorship is really cool and good. Glad to see young people demanding more of it.
If you bring the semantic argument over what the word "censorship" is into this thread I will go Hatred on your rear end

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

CrashCat posted:

If you bring the semantic argument over what the word "censorship" is into this thread I will go Hatred on your rear end

Why do you defend censorship?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

If we get just one more crazy person from the gamergate thread in here I can get more points on my Games Bingo card.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
If Hatred has a disco mode, like from Turok? .. With dinosaurs? I think I can get behind Rampage The Movie: The Video Game.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

This is beautiful

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If we get just one more crazy person from the gamergate thread in here I can get more points on my Games Bingo card.

You truly are a honeypot craftsmaster

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I like how my enjoyment of a game should be decided by whether my beliefs line up with the makers.

I hope that the next game I buy on steam has a questionnaire to decide what i'm allowed to play for me.

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

Sometimes I just want the hordes of things i'm murdering to be unarmed women and children, what's wrong with that? I already pre-ordered this masterpiece, as well as purchased the season pass. If you would all stop bickering and start ordering you too could be in the running for a limited edition trench coat.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

dogstile posted:

I like how my enjoyment of a game should be decided by whether my beliefs line up with the makers.

I hope that the next game I buy on steam has a questionnaire to decide what i'm allowed to play for me.

Agreed, also I hope there is social media integration, so that everyone who doesn't like the makers political opinions can obsess over them and I can laugh at them.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I thought that was the whole purpose of this thread in the first place :confused:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Apple2o posted:

Sometimes I just want the hordes of things i'm murdering to be unarmed women and children, what's wrong with that? I already pre-ordered this masterpiece, as well as purchased the season pass. If you would all stop bickering and start ordering you too could be in the running for a limited edition trench coat.

If the trenchcoat came with pockets as big as the PC's coat seems to have, i'm down.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

King Vidiot posted:

Without taking a side either way, I'm idly curious as to what the response would have been if Hatred had been a game about a Valerie Solanas type going around with the specific goal of killing all men. And don't make it any different than Hatred, you can still kill women but maybe have the sound bites be different for killing men vs. killing women.

A large portion of the people defending it as free speech and decrying the "moralfags" would suddenly take huge offense to such a problematic game.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

A large portion of the people defending it as free speech and decrying the "moralfags" would suddenly take huge offense to such a problematic game.

Who are the people, other then the nazi obsessed ones, decrying the game? I haven't seen anyone else upset about it. Come on give me the goods, I want to laugh at them.

e: And also who are the people 'defending' it? It doesn't need defending, it's just a potential game on Steam Greenlight.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 18, 2014

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Powercrazy posted:

Who are the people, other then the nazi obsessed ones, decrying the game? I haven't seen anyone else upset about it. Come on give me the goods, I want to laugh at them.

Reread the post, people in the steam comments for Hatred are unreasonably upset that people have a problem with videogames. They're kind of second hand autists, like you.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Powercrazy posted:

I'm mildly irritated that yet another lovely game is trying to coast off of edgy marketing on early access, thus discrediting a tool that could be used by decent developers if it didn't have the stigma attached to it from lovely games like this and The War Z and countless other examples.

I dunno about upset though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I read Powercrazy's posts and I legitimately never have any clue what he is talking about

my eyes glaze over even when I try to re-read it

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Eonwe posted:

I read Powercrazy's posts and I legitimately never have any clue what he is talking about

I think we just need to get SMG in here to throw his work vomit gobbledygook at him and really drive this thread into eye glazing territory.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

Now imagine 500+ pages of that :chanpop:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

I'm mildly irritated that yet another lovely game is trying to coast off of edgy marketing on early access, thus discrediting a tool that could be used by decent developers if it didn't have the stigma attached to it from lovely games like this and The War Z and countless other examples.

I dunno about upset though.

Reading the steam forums, people are legitimately upset about video games.

On the plus side, that lets you laugh at people who are legitimately upset over video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Reading the steam forums is generally like getting water boarded with hot sauce unless you approach it from a Weekend Web mockery viewpoint.

• Locked thread