Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Regal wouldn't know what a manga is. He'd think it was Rikishi's brother.

Uh my headcanons say otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Its an old tweet he fires out every so often he may tweak it but its sound advice for people who want to learn the craft

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

The Croc posted:

Its an old tweet he fires out every so often he may tweak it but its sound advice for people who want to learn the craft

Yeah, was going to say it's from at least January 2012 if not earlier.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Liar Lyre posted:

Regal wouldn't know what a manga is. He'd think it was Rikishi's brother.

What are you talking about he talked about manga all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHuRDChaj4M

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

that's pretty obviously a gently caress RYBACK comment

He's posted versions of that article for years and that line's always been there iirc, don't think it's necessarily aimed at anyone specifically. I'm just an untrained smark but his list feels like intelligent and sensible advice to me.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sir Jebus posted:

there's no other superheros in wrestling.

Not anymore anyway :smith:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Jebus posted:

It's pretty obviously a gently caress HURRICANE HELMS comment, because there's no other superheros in wrestling.

I think cesaro would be an orange lanturn

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Apparently Zack Ryder likes @midnight's hashtag wars.

So does Ziggler. He tweets to them all the time.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

So does Ziggler. He tweets to them all the time.

Miz and Punk were supposed to be on an episode with comedian Ron Funches (who actually commissioned an @midnight wrestling belt). Both were cut after the Punk walk off. I'm pretty shocked that Ziggler has never been on because he is friends with a good portion of the LA comedy community.

On topic, here is Funches with the New Day:

http://instagram.com/p/sJqXgRQRFV/

#PitStain

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sigma posted:

#PitStain

Gotta live the gimmick.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I met Ron Funches at a PWG show and he was very sweaty and jovial.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

I met Ron Funches at a PWG show and he was very sweaty and jovial.

I saw him on the Video Game Awards show and he was so high he pitched Pacman to somebody before saying okay what if I add a pink bow to their head.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

KungFu Grip posted:

I saw him on the Video Game Awards show and he was so high he pitched Pacman to somebody before saying okay what if I add a pink bow to their head.

This is a really not safe for work cartoon that might have been what he was referring to.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wow that's really bad.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wow that's really bad.

Sure is, that guy's humour is incredibly hit and miss. There are a few funny ones but most of them are dreadful.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wheres the punchline

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

his hamster is dead

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Here's a wrestler on twitter.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vince would get turgid at the idea of being publicly singled out by a terrorist group and getting to "prove" how tough he is by running a show anyway.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Vince would get turgid at the idea of being publicly singled out by a terrorist group and getting to "prove" how tough he is by running a show anyway.

"I'm willing to send wave after wave of independent contractors at the terrorists until they run out of bombs. Isn't that right, men?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Writer Cath posted:

"I'm willing to send wave after wave of independent contractors at the terrorists until they run out of bombs. Isn't that right, men?"

75% of them cheer because they're closeted or outright open libertarians who dread Big Government getting into their business.

:sigh:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Sigma posted:

Miz and Punk were supposed to be on an episode with comedian Ron Funches (who actually commissioned an @midnight wrestling belt). Both were cut after the Punk walk off. I'm pretty shocked that Ziggler has never been on because he is friends with a good portion of the LA comedy community.

On topic, here is Funches with the New Day:

http://instagram.com/p/sJqXgRQRFV/

#PitStain

It's because they don't want Ziggler, they want Sheamus.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Two Beans posted:

Here's a wrestler on twitter.

God, how great would it be if North Koreans hacked WWE and leaked all their internal communications? It's such a beautiful dream.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Jerusalem posted:

As someone who attended Unforgiven in Pittsburgh on 9/23/01, I can tell you he absolutely played that up every way possible. Don't forget that he played up a Smackdown in Houston as the "first public assembly of its size" after the 9/11 attacks.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Under the vegetable posted:

God, how great would it be if North Koreans hacked WWE and leaked all their internal communications? It's such a beautiful dream.

"Dear Leader, we broke into their internal network to find any dirt on the CM Punk situation, but then they started emailing us saying that what we really wanted was Seamus."

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Vince cancelled a terrorist character because the networks were upset about the potential to create violence. Pretty much like Sony did here.

Also, didn't WWE lie and say they had to move the location of WrestleMania VII due to a bomb threat when in reality no one wanted to buy tickets to Hogan/Slaughter?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tato posted:

Vince cancelled a terrorist character because the networks were upset about the potential to create violence. Pretty much like Sony did here.

Also, didn't WWE lie and say they had to move the location of WrestleMania VII due to a bomb threat when in reality no one wanted to buy tickets to Hogan/Slaughter?

They cancelled the Terrorist character because the mock execution of the Undertaker aired on the same day of the London bombings and it was terrible timing.

And yeah, they faked a bomb threat as justification for their poo poo feud not selling. And even though the feud did so poorly at the box office they kept it going until Summerslam.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

Gonzo McFee posted:

And even though the feud did so poorly at the box office they kept it going until Summerslam.

Don't forget bringing in the iron sheik as well as a guy that sorta looked like saddam, with offense that consisted mainly of back rakes and eye gouges...

Oh and warrior and sid.

The latter got to pose down with hogan after the match.

91 wwf was loving weird, man...

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Tato posted:

Yeah in the History of Wrestlemania documentary it's mentioned, and it's become one of those things that's now just WWE lore. As if someone couldn't bomb the arena that's directly across the road. It also didn't sell out, despite the small venue. It was just a poo poo feud and a poo poo card.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
They wrote off Muhammad Hassan because of the negative attention they were getting, AND because the network stepped in and banned him from appearing on SmackDown ever again. If it was "just" a big shitstorm of negative press, Vince probably would have put him over Undertaker and made him champion.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Goog posted:

They wrote off Muhammad Hassan because of the negative attention they were getting, AND because the network stepped in and banned him from appearing on SmackDown ever again. If it was "just" a big shitstorm of negative press, Vince probably would have put him over Undertaker and made him champion.

He was also a heat magnet backstage because of his attitude.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Meltzer is drunk I think.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dave is just getting antsy watching the show. I love it when he gets all snarky on Twitter while live tweeting things.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

KungFu Grip posted:

Dave is just getting antsy watching the show. I love it when he gets all snarky on Twitter while live tweeting things.

Dave is legit one of the funniest dudes when he's being snarky or watching UFC

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

woOOaaaAHHhh how am I supposed to read this, from bottom to top? I literally can't even deal with this!!!!!

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

spongeh posted:

woOOaaaAHHhh how am I supposed to read this, from bottom to top? I literally can't even deal with this!!!!!

you read the second one down, then the fourth, then the first. The third one is a mistake and you should disregard it. that is how the twitters work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/547252208073330688