Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That article had me thinking that Bellator's books will become an important piece of evidence. If it can be demonstrated that Bellator was shooting itself in the foot financially by even attempting to engage in the various bidding wars, the case becomes substantially stronger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
New Machida video for this weekend -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDD3GdgmqSc

High points -

• New strength and conditioning program for this fight, felt he was "too skinny" against Weidman

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Thauros posted:

Is he seriously the least self-aware man who's ever lived or is he smart enough to heel it up at this point and play to his mega-herb image?

Are we sure Jon Jones isn't running a Kaufmanesque hypertroll on us all? His behavior is starting to border on brilliance if we view it through that lens.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Roided Machida will be the best.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Centripetal Horse posted:

Are we sure Jon Jones isn't running a Kaufmanesque hypertroll on us all? His behavior is starting to border on brilliance if we view it through that lens.

Of course I'm sure, you rear end

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I can appreciate the hypocritical irony of a promotion taking a "hard stance" that the whole brawl was bad for the sport and then building a promo package around it a few months later, but the obvious solution is to not repeatedly get caught on tape being a contemptible fake piece of poo poo and he can't get that much right.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
Can we add "Acted like an rear end in a top hat on television then got mad that the UFC didn't gloss over it because 'the people deserve a better champion'" to jones.txt

also 'doesn't understand how cameras work'

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

I heard mma gossip that the ufc protected him during his season of tuf, you know not making him look like a dork. Does anyone who is more into mma gossip know anything specific about that?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
given what we've seen from the guy why do you want more gossip to form an opinion on that, that's one of those "hey jones is coaching TUF, you think the UFC will protect him through edits because he's a doofus? Yes, yes I do" situations

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

canada jezus posted:

I heard mma gossip that the ufc protected him during his season of tuf, you know not making him look like a dork. Does anyone who is more into mma gossip know anything specific about that?

I don't think theyve ever made a coach look bad on tuf. I think brock was as close as it got and that was pretty mild.

Stabbing Spork
Apr 9, 2006

MycroftXXX posted:

Can we add "Acted like an rear end in a top hat on television then got mad that the UFC didn't gloss over it because 'the people deserve a better champion'" to jones.txt

also 'doesn't understand how cameras work'

he also 'is a Cat Person"

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Rampage looked real bad.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

looking forward to finding out how many other wedlock kids jones has in the future, i'm going with three

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

looking forward to finding out how many other wedlock kids jones has in the future, i'm going with three

Pretty lowball imo

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

The real question is, how many non-skanks are his baby mommas

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

1st AD posted:

Rampage looked real bad.

A lot of people looked like idiots and/or were rude at some point (pettis) but I'm talking about specifically giving someone a villain edit.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

They even made Tito look ok.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

tito was up against shamrock, noted horrible coach man, and tito if i remember right actually wasn't half bad as a coach

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Tito did look kind of bad compared to Chuck on their season, but not through any fault of the editors.

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I don't think theyve ever made a coach look bad on tuf. I think brock was as close as it got and that was pretty mild.

Yeah i haven't seen all of the season but it makes sense that they'd protect the coaches. Just from that it was specifically mentioned, i was wondering if something especially egregious happened.

Rampage looked like the rudest gently caress calling that one dude titties. Hilarious but rude.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

CommonShore posted:

They even made Tito look ok.

They made Ken look like a doufus, but perhaps that was unavoidable.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

Rampage looked real bad.

The funniest thing about that was reading the blogs from all the fighters on the show and realizing that was them cutting out all the most unflattering-to-Rampage moments.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

Tito did look kind of bad compared to Chuck on their season, but not through any fault of the editors.

That was the season I was thinking of. I'm sure he could have looked far worse, but he still came across as giving a poo poo about his athletes.

Koschek. They made him out to be a villain basically.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Matt Hughes looked like Matt Hughes. Which is a Problem.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Matt Hughes looked like Matt Hughes. Which is a Problem.

He was a bit of a queen

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

The best was when one of Hughes' guys had to fight shortly after finding out that a family member had died, lost, and then got lectured by Matt about "not following the game plan"

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

The first time I ever posted in a something awful dot com mma thread was to make fun of people throwing a fit about matt hugs giving everyone a bible.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I think what canada jezus is referring to is I believe Jones himself at one point admitted the he bragged or told some story of debauchery that the UFC caught on tape and could have used but didn't and he was grateful. A precursory google search isn't turning anything up though.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

1st AD posted:

Rampage looked real bad.

no man who dropped this on rashad could ever be said to truly look bad

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I remember Rampage had a great door destruction segment but I can't remember if it was that season that had the door get kicked off the hinges and then fall down and miss hitting someone by inches. Post the gifs if you have a better memory than me :(

Edit: Found one

Edit: aaaaaand two, god bless you google

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 18, 2014

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/12/18/7417135/jon-jones-gets-randomly-drug-tested-ahead-of-ufc-182

please please please

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Can't wait for dolloway to kick the poo poo out of machida

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

specifically giving someone a villain edit.

Roy Nelson was edited horribly because Dana hates him for being a short on charisma, fat, mulleted, man who he can't cut because he's a draw. There were bits where Roy told his fighters to fight smart and not injure themselves to best position themselves to win the whole thing and it would cut back to Dana screaming about how Roy is telling his team to lay and pray and that TUF is for true warriors etc. Also it was the first time the coaches challenge was specifically constructed to humiliate one coach and ensure their loss. It was a track and field challenge that included running a mile iirc. Oh and they used to play dopey circus music behind Nelson speaking from time to time.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Oh and they used to play dopey circus music behind Nelson speaking from time to time.

hahaha that rules

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

lol

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Suppose Dolloway completely mashes Machida - do we see Dolloway vs Weidman next? Or does he have to go through Jacare first?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

lol

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Nope, I want Jones to get popped in the head, not for elevated levels.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

The only kicks Rampage has ever thrown in his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seltzer posted:

Roy Nelson was edited horribly because Dana hates him for being a short on charisma, fat, mulleted, man who he can't cut because he's a draw. There were bits where Roy told his fighters to fight smart and not injure themselves to best position themselves to win the whole thing and it would cut back to Dana screaming about how Roy is telling his team to lay and pray and that TUF is for true warriors etc. Also it was the first time the coaches challenge was specifically constructed to humiliate one coach and ensure their loss. It was a track and field challenge that included running a mile iirc. Oh and they used to play dopey circus music behind Nelson speaking from time to time.

If you think that was the first time you didn't watch TUF. GSP/Koscheck was batting practice and GSP could barely swing a bat. The challenge was often one sided to make the show more entertaining.

• Locked thread